• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Pikachu with Honchkrow's Hat (a.k.a. "Pimpachu") - Requested by friends of mine
New idea for your post. Maybe there could be nominations for like. The best one in certain categories? Like, best fused, coolest idea, most fearsome, funniest (Pimpachu would win that), and the like.

Just a suggestion.

Pimpachu kicks *** by the way.

Mewter

Smash Master
Cool. So they're zapping it straight into your game!?
O_O.......................
This weekend?
Oh, come on! Why couldn't it have been today, or tomorrow! Even the day after sounds nice! But not the day after that. I won't be in town for a couple of months... I leave the day right before the thirtieth(Thursday). And I have a strong urge to bring my DS with me.... so I won't get bored as easily.... but I also want to keep it here and have someone else get the Darky for me.... What should I do? Hm... choices, choices.

Oh, By the way, I probably won't be able to access a computer all that often for the next two months.... meaning I'll disappear off these boards for a period of time starting Thursday.

I've got it!

I'll just ask one of my friends if they can get it for me(but using their game) so I don't have to leave the DS here and I still get the Darkrai! Unless they want the Darkrai of course, then they can keep it.

Or... Could one of you guys get it for me and trade it to me if you don't want it? Sorry, but I think it would be cool having a Darkrai (a legitimate one) that knows spacial rend and roar of time. Sorry for me asking, but do any of you (Spire, Bowser, Firus) mind nabbing one for me too?

Eh, forget it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cool. So they're zapping it straight into your game!?
O_O.......................
This weekend?
Oh, come on! Why couldn't it have been today, or tomorrow! Even the day after sounds nice! But not the day after that. I won't be in town for a couple of months... I leave the day right before the thirtieth(Thursday). And I have a strong urge to bring my DS with me.... so I won't get bored as easily.... but I also want to keep it here and have someone else get the Darky for me.... What should I do? Hm... choices, choices.

Oh, By the way, I probably won't be able to access a computer all that often for the next two months.... meaning I'll disappear off these boards for a period of time starting Thursday.

I've got it!

I'll just ask one of my friends if they can get it for me(but using their game) so I don't have to leave the DS here and I still get the Darkrai! Unless they want the Darkrai of course, then they can keep it.

Or... Could one of you guys get it for me and trade it to me if you don't want it? Sorry, but I think it would be cool having a Darkrai (a legitimate one) that knows spacial rend and roar of time. Sorry for me asking, but do any of you (Spire, Bowser, Firus) mind nabbing one for me too?

Eh, forget it.
Hahahaha, best post ever.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If I ever got a Shaymin, I would trash it. Unless of course... it's new "form" doesn't look like a chia pet in Platinum (given that it receives a new form).

Yeah, I stopped using cheats on games that I enjoy years ago. My rule in gaming now is that you cannot use a cheat code unless you've beaten the game. A game is designed for the player to experience everything that it has to offer. Why use the knowledge of others to discover these things? Strategy guides are also junk for this reason. The only reason that I would ever buy one is for referential purposes (this is in particular relation to Zelda). Also, they feel like collector's items to me.
I agree with you. Cheating and strategy guides can ruin a game. That's why I only use cheats in very special cases, or just for fooling around. That's what makes some old games so much fun; the glitches in there can be really fun. I would not have gotten Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus using AR if I weren't convinced I would never get them legitimately. For the past three generations, I have not gotten a single event legendary. Not one. I only got a Mew in Red from my friend's GameShark, and a Mew in Ruby by duplicating my friend's legit one. The same thing applies here; I only got it that way because I *thought* I would never be able to get a legit one. I'm sort of regretting that now, but at least I can get a legit one as well. I tried to get them as legit as possible without actually getting them legitimately; I entered battle and caught them fairly. It's still cheating, technically, but again...I wanted to get them and I never thought it would happen legitimately.

I got the AR for Gamecube and DS for the same reason I love glitches in old games; to fool around. I would NEVER use one to beat a game. Just to exploit things like Debug Mode in Melee. Boy, is that a riot. Fighting on Homerun Contest is a lot of fun, and being able to play as Master/Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, and Wireframes is fun as well.

But you get my point.

After I had already beaten every aspect of the game and collected 480-something number of pokemon, THEN I asked my friend to use his AR to get me the unobtainable legendaries for this game (Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, and Arceus). Now I have all 493 pokemon, and am quite pleased with myself. Of course, when I played in the Gamestop tournament, I had to release the illegal pokemon, in order to compete in it. It was worth it, because I won second place, and got that really cool Battle Revolution t-shirt for free.
Ah, I entered that tournament as well. I only got to the second round, but I wasn't even expecting to get that far. It was by a miracle that I got to the second round; somehow...it was either my Infernape faster than his Garchomp or vice versa, I can't recall. Anyways, I did not think it would be quicker, but it was, and I won, by a small margin. 3 of my friends ended up entering as well; one of them had a really funny incident with a Bibarel (they lost, but they were fighting Scizor; they used Ice Beam, froze him by chance. They keep fighting, and use Headbutt. "Scizor was thawed!" Person controlling him says "Yes!" Then, "Scizor flinched!" Person controlling him says "You've got to be kidding me!"), one of them got to the Semi-finals, and the other came in first. They already had PBR, so they gave it to my friend who didn't (the Bibarel owner).

New idea for your post. Maybe there could be nominations for like. The best one in certain categories? Like, best fused, coolest idea, most fearsome, funniest (Pimpachu would win that), and the like.

Just a suggestion.

Pimpachu kicks *** by the way.
It's a good idea, but I fear that would make this too competitive. The awards would make some feel bad, some might be envious, some might argue over who really deserved the award...I think it would mess with the atmosphere. But it is a good concept.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: The results of the battle are posted!

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ lowradiation, I finished your Electrode (changed to Voltorb because it worked so much better), Spiritomb, and Gastly fusion. It was a strange one...

...anyways, I hope you enjoy.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
@Firus - Yeah, my good friend, whom you MIGHT know (on this forum) as Fluffy, won the entire thing. Most of the people in the tournament were under 12. There were approximately 6 or 7 people above the age of 16, only half of which (including me and Fluffy) who knew about proper EV training and battle strategy.

@Spire - Vogasto, FTW!

Mewter

Smash Master
Could you do a grass/flying type Arcanine?

Sure, why not? I'll put that on my list.

Plus, I'm almost done with the mawile/ Sableye
And the Glalie/ Froslass.
Ahh.... Now I am done. Tell me what you think of it.:)

... just thought of something... what program does Nintendo use to make th Pokemon sprites?
Is it.... Paint?

Spire

III
BRoomer
... just thought of something... what program does Nintendo use to make th Pokemon sprites?
Is it.... Paint?
Hahaha, nooooooooo. IF they used an outside program, it would probably be Photoshop or the like, however... they probably have written their own program in which they can draw sprites within it.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
If I ever got a Shaymin, I would trash it. Unless of course... it's new "form" doesn't look like a chia pet in Platinum (given that it receives a new form).

Yeah, I stopped using cheats on games that I enjoy years ago. My rule in gaming now is that you cannot use a cheat code unless you've beaten the game. A game is designed for the player to experience everything that it has to offer. Why use the knowledge of others to discover these things? Strategy guides are also junk for this reason. The only reason that I would ever buy one is for referential purposes (this is in particular relation to Zelda). Also, they feel like collector's items to me.
Hey! Shaymin is cool.... or at least really, really , REALLY cute...

Spire

III
BRoomer

Note: I won't be as active on Smash boards for a while.
Wow, nicely done Mewter! That was a great fusion and I should have taken it, but oh well. You ended up executing it very, very well - blending the two in just the right ways (omitting the mouth was a very smart move, I'd like to add).

Also, if you don't mind saying so, why will you be gone? Whatever the case is, we'll keep your name and Pokemon included in our events such as the battles. You won't be forgotten ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, nicely done Mewter! That was a great fusion and I should have taken it, but oh well. You ended up executing it very, very well - blending the two in just the right ways (omitting the mouth was a very smart move, I'd like to add).

Also, if you don't mind saying so, why will you be gone? Whatever the case is, we'll keep your name and Pokemon included in our events such as the battles. You won't be forgotten ;)
Yeah, I second that. Mawbleye looks really cool as well; I love the aura effect.

I'm also a little curious about this myself. If it's too personal, feel free to just tell us that and not tell us what it is; I don't want to be too nosy about it.

But yes, we will still keep your work included in our stuff while you're gone; no need to worry.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah, I second that. Mawbleye looks really cool as well; I love the aura effect.

I'm also a little curious about this myself. If it's too personal, feel free to just tell us that and not tell us what it is; I don't want to be too nosy about it.

But yes, we will still keep your work included in our stuff while you're gone; no need to worry.
Alright, thanks.

Truth is, I'm going on a two-month long trip. And where I'm going, the computers aren't in English(Doh!) Or, if some are, I won't be able to access one very often. Soo.... yeah. I probably won't be able to get on smashboards for a while. But when I get back, I'll let you guys know.

Mewter

Smash Master
By the way, I repixelated Likicutorahn. I just found an EASIER and FASTER(and more reliable) way to make the picture's backround transparent. Tonight, I'll try to repixelate as many pokes as I can.:)

Edit: I MAY have access to a computer, so I may drop by once in a while.
I won't, however, be able to post new pics, so..... yeah.

I repixelated zedracate

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm surprised nobody requested something with Deoxys in it. Can I get a Deoxys (Speed Form) plus Scizor.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright, thanks.

Truth is, I'm going on a two-month long trip. And where I'm going, the computers aren't in English(Doh!) Or, if some are, I won't be able to access one very often. Soo.... yeah. I probably won't be able to get on smashboards for a while. But when I get back, I'll let you guys know.
Ah. Well, have fun!

What about an Arcanine/Flareon/Entei fusion, a Vaporeon/Suicune fusion, and a Jolteon/Raikou/Luxray fusion?
I want Jolteon/Raikou/Luxray and Arcanine/Flareon/Entei, assuming no one else really wants one.

We need a water-dog group to even this out. Anyways, I want the Suicune/Vaporeon fusion please and thankyou.
Hm? What do you mean by water dog group? Isn't that what the Suicune/Vaporeon fusion is?

I'm surprised nobody requested something with Deoxys in it. Can I get a Deoxys (Speed Form) plus Scizor.
Ooh! I want this one too!

You're right, I can't believe no Deoxys requests have been done yet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ah. Well, have fun!
Hm? What do you mean by water dog group? Isn't that what the Suicune/Vaporeon fusion is?

Ooh! I want this one too!

You're right, I can't believe no Deoxys requests have been done yet.
****! That's a wonderful request! Jeez XACE-K. You've got taste.

Also, I meant in relation to Arcanine and Luxray. Arcanine is the fire dog group, while Luxray is (well more so a cat) is the electric dog group. If we had a water one, we could add that to the suicune/vaporeon fusion so all three would have eeveelution/legendary beast/dog.

Oh, I have another Pokemon to add to the banned list - Unown. Seriously what are we going to do with it? Add @, #, $, %, and & Unowns? Hah, flap that jack, there's no way it can be legal. Unowns are against the Pokemon shop law.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
****! That's a wonderful request! Jeez XACE-K. You've got taste.

Also, I meant in relation to Arcanine and Luxray. Arcanine is the fire dog group, while Luxray is (well more so a cat) is the electric dog group. If we had a water one, we could add that to the suicune/vaporeon fusion so all three would have eeveelution/legendary beast/dog.

Oh, I have another Pokemon to add to the banned list - Unown. Seriously what are we going to do with it? Add @, #, $, %, and & Unowns? Hah, flap that jack, there's no way it can be legal. Unowns are against the Pokemon shop law.
Oh, that's what you mean. That should've been obvious.
You're right, we need one. Heck, there's not even an ice one. Manectric is another one that could actually work for electric, come to think of it.

It shall be added.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Please, I need an Altaria with Ditto's face and a pimp hat. Any takers?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like him to have a word bubble next to him reading, "***** owe me money!"

Mewter

Smash Master
You are a brave man :dizzy: Cresselia is banned as of now!
Good!

Who knows how we could have fused anything with it?

Oh, am I'm sorry for the Dragozard, Its too simple. lol. A dragonite with fire and Charizard wings.:laugh:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Please, I need an Altaria with Ditto's face and a pimp hat. Any takers?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like him to have a word bubble next to him reading, "***** owe me money!"
You make the best requests for this shop. Whatever you request seems to have a pimp hat or Ditto face.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I've just created a new Pokemon fusion of my own - Irixauritu. It's a super-fusion, composed of Xatu, Delibird, Shiftry, Pidgeot, and Ursaring. Enjoy.
Reminds me of an indian chief fused with a totem pole. I'm not sure what to take that message as but it's good.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Too bad you guys are not doing Darkrai requests, cause a Baby form of Darkrai would be..... Interesting......

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've just created a new Pokemon fusion of my own - Irixauritu. It's a super-fusion, composed of Xatu, Delibird, Shiftry, Pidgeot, and Ursaring. Enjoy.
That is awesome! Not only is it an uber fusion (5 Pokemon in one!) but it looks awesome! The only fusion that big that I've done thus far is an Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon fusion, and the fact that it hasn't been posted up should be a hint as to what it's like...

EDIT: Zook, your request is complete. I did one without the speech bubble and one with.

Also, after my comment about my Eeveelution fusion, I decided to post it up and see what you guys think of it. So, what do you think? I made it a loong time ago, and it looks better than I remembered it looking, but I still say I could've done better--much better.

Mewter

Smash Master
I just found a new way to make backgrounds transparent.... I wish I knew that before. I could have made my pictures less fuzzy. lol.:laugh:

The eeveelution is ok.:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just found a new way to make backgrounds transparent.... I wish I knew that before. I could have made my pictures less fuzzy. lol.:laugh:

The eeveelution is ok.:)
What's the other way that you made the backgrounds transparent?

Also, thanks for the feedback. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
What's the other way that you made the backgrounds transparent?

Also, thanks for the feedback. :)
Ooohhh.... You REALLY want to know? Alright, here goes nothing.

Before, I had to tediously cut out the sprite and go through a fifteen minute process. Remember how my sprites had so much white around them? Yeah, they were made by that method. It was really hard to do, as I had to draw a line around the entire sprite and then delete every layer and undo, then cut, delete layer.... you get the idea.

Now, all I have to do is use a bucket-like method that takes all of the said color(White, for instance) in the picture, outlines it for me, and erases it. Its awesome! All I have to do after that is save it.:laugh:

Too bad I just found out 5 hours ago....

Well guys, I guess I'll see you later. I may pop in and out, or not come at all, but in two months time, I' ll be back. Please don't forget me!:laugh:

Officially gone..... Tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom