• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Magmar IS a booby. Made out of fire. But it's the closest thing we have to something truly elemental.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Turtwig was actually pretty beast. A large, heavy grass/ground giant tortoise? :)
I really didn't like how Monferno's line typing was the same as Blaziken's. Two fire/fighting type starters back-to-back are :\
I don't like how Infernape essentially outclasses Blaziken =/

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I don't like how Infernape essentially outclasses Blaziken =/
This is my only issue with Infernape. I like the idea of having a fire ape running around wrecking things, and the design's grown on me. What I've never liked is how it comes in the generation right after Blaziken was introduced and does the job better. I've said it before in a thread somewhere, GameFreak basically said, "We'll take Blaziken... and do it better this time."

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Johto tried that.

They are the overall worst competitive starters in all of Pokemon.

I'd rather not :/

UberMario

Smash Master
The majority of the people who'll buy the game (including myself) don't really give a ****.
^^ This.

Pokemon is already too technical for me to bother playing online or, half the time, discussing it. I miss when I could play it and think, "Cool! I'll keep this attack because it looks awesome", when now I have to think, "Hmmm, will this actually be of more use statistically? Maybe I should a different pokemon that has a different personality".

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Magmar and Slugma totally slipped my mind, but lava isn't really a basic element. Its... kind of realistic in a pokemon-aren't-realistic-for-**** kind of way. Magma can last, that slimy form can last, but pure fire? KO by throwing a bowl over it, or x9001 to water.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh boy, just saw the silhouettes. Right now, I don't like them at all. Hopefully they improve.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The majority of the people who'll buy the game (including myself) don't really give a ****.
The majority of people who'll play the game for an extended period of time (including myself) will give a ****.

Competitive players generally play the gamer longer than casuals, and ever then most casuals still know the difference between good and bad Pokemon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ha, I thought it'd be funny if it turned out that the one everyone agreed would be water would be something else. Shame that i'd wager hard money it's fake. The battle screenshots are the Zorok ones with effects, the bears leaf-tail don't match the silhouettes and the fire one doesn't match at all and would be pretty bizarre that they'd release and evolution of one of the starters without it's basic form.

UberMario

Smash Master
Except for the awesome-looking lemur, the other two don't really look like they fit the silhouttes.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
wow those look quite wierd =p

I like the green one which is probably the grass one the best

The blue looks a bit ugly =p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That pic has got it wrong. It's supposed to be grass, water, fire, but good try!

The one on the right is ugly, the one in the middle is bland-looking, and the one on the left... actually looks pretty cool. :o

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Ive just noticed a trend in starter pokemon that stand on two feet.

1st Gen: Fire
2nd Gen: Water
3rd Gen: Grass
4th Gen: Fire
5th Gen: ???

If it follows this trend it will be water altough this trend is probably just a coincidence and also it looks like 2 of the pokemon are standing upon 2 feet from the shadows =p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

If it follows this trend it will be water altough this trend is probably just a coincidence and also it looks like 2 of the pokemon are standing upon 2 feet from the shadows =p
This "trend" is false because both Squirtle AND Charmander stand on two feet.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

First Gen. - Charmander+Squirtle
Second Gen. - Totodile
Third Gen. - Treecko+Torchic
Fourth Gen. - Chimchar+Piplup

-Terywj

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The grass one has a headshape reminisent of Cyndaquil's.
I do however believe these are fake. Especially since that water thing will be the worst thing to hit Pokemon since Pokemon Dash.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The background is the default background in photoshop to represent transparency. It was made and cleverly screenshotted to make a good-looking background.

Good looking, but fake.

IMO its easy to tell fakes because they're all the same since Pre-D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom