• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
It'd be cool if it had an attack called "Forewarn" or "Whisper" were your idle pokemon would get a speed boost if Minezumi get's ko'd.

@Roacherman: It's Japanese, so let me see if I can translate it to something.

EDIT: Rankurusu means, Orchid Diplomat . . . . lolwut

(On a side note, Munna is Indian for "dream", interesting.)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Better example:

It doesn't exactly look like:

...but that's what it's supposed to be. It's called characterization.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Regardless it's still very shark-like
My point was that Sharpedo isn't an exact replica of a shark. Rankurusu is cell-like. Also, we don't know his English name yet, so of course we don't have a play-on-words like Sharpedo as of right now.

Anyways, I can see Minezumi's You First could be pretty great in double/triple battles. First round: Shuckle, being slow as a turd, moves last and uses Power Trick. Next turn, Minezumi uses You First on him, and Shuckle Rock Slides the opponent's team.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
It'd be cool if it had an attack called "Forewarn" or "Whisper" were your idle pokemon would get a speed boost if Minezumi get's ko'd.
I think Minezimi has rather lacking abilitys eventhough they are relevent to a 'lookout' pokemon but i reckon a better ability would of been a new one based on intimidate but instead of cutting attack it cuts speed beacuse of Minezimi 'scouting' ahead =p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My point was that Sharpedo isn't an exact replica of a shark. Rankurusu is cell-like. Also, we don't know his English name yet, so of course we don't have a play-on-words like Sharpedo as of right now.
But then again there isnt a SINGLE pokemon who's an exact replica of ANYHTING

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't think Grimer was supposed to be the sludge spill itself, but rather some kind of mutant monster garbage thingy :confused:
Just like Rankurusu is not supposed to be a cell itself, it is the concept of a cell blown up exponentially into a cute, characterized, cartoon creature.

M.K

Level 55
Annnnnd, that's literally right down the street from me.
>__________> Thanks guys.

EDIT: It was found in a shopping center sewer system.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't think Grimer was supposed to be the sludge spill itself, but rather some kind of mutant monster garbage thingy :confused:
Also, Grimer's species is "Sludge Pokémon". What I posted was an image of sludge...

Please tell me that makes sense to you.

M.K

Level 55
Just a side note:

I don't want any Spiritombs this generation. I don't want to have to interact with people to enjoy my video game. >_> Especially not 32 times.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just a side note:

I don't want any Spiritombs this generation. I don't want to have to interact with people to enjoy my video game. >_> Especially not 32 times.
I agree. I swear to god, that was so boring, going up and back down over and over again. I guess the idea was to interact with 32 different people, except they apparently didn't realize how difficult that would be and that you basically HAD to get one or two people and do it with them over and over again.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree. I swear to god, that was so boring, going up and back down over and over again. I guess the idea was to interact with 32 different people, except they apparently didn't realize how difficult that would be and that you basically HAD to get one or two people and do it with them over and over again.
Wait, that's how you get Spiritomb?

I swear I've been looking for him for ages :mad:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Just a side note:

Spiritomb was such a pain to get that, after going through that whole process to get him, he went from being one of my favorite Pokemon of the 4th gen to one of my least favorite.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait, that's how you get Spiritomb?

I swear I've been looking for him for ages :mad:
Yeah...you get the Odd Keystone from that random guy on some route, drop it in the well on Route 210 or something, interact with 32 people in the underground (or the same person 32 different times, i.e. going back up and back down again 31 times), then going back to the well. Spiritomb'll fight you then.

Mewter

Smash Master
I got my Spiritomb over Wi-Fi. :D

I like the divisions between Black/White though, and the cell is pretty much my new favorite Pokemon. I also like the rest. They're pretty distinct.
The map looks a little small though... :confused:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...you get the Odd Keystone from that random guy on some route, drop it in the well on Route 210 or something, interact with 32 people in the underground (or the same person 32 different times, i.e. going back up and back down again 31 times), then going back to the well. Spiritomb'll fight you then.
***********, so THAT'S what you're supposed to do with the keystone

Stupid website I visited told me I only had to have it and come back later for it :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
***********, so THAT'S what you're supposed to do with the keystone

Stupid website I visited told me I only had to have it and come back later for it :mad:
Lol. Since I live on the DS Games, I got quite a few Spiritombs from my games. I actually think he is a cool Pokemon, bite me!

The divisions are looking nice, but I'm more interested in this dragon tusk pokemon. Despite me wanting more Ttar/Metagross/AKA NOT DRAGON PESUDO LEGEND material, this baby still looks sexy to me. =3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
3 on 3 battles actually sound really interesting when given the ability to move your pokemon and these new attacks that are being introduced.

I'm a little confused about Rankurusu's ability though. It says that it avoids damage from sandstorm and hail with it's new ability but magic guard already does that. And if this one helps you and your team mates why give him magic guard at all?

I'm also hoping we can chat and battle at the same time but that seems like it's asking for a bit too much.
So the new ability also protects ur team mates from sandstorm and hail stuff? maybe also SR and spikes?

well, the difference between that and magic guard is
1. the new one also protects ur teammates
2. magic guard prevents all non direct damage, so even things like poison or burn don't do damage to you

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I actually like both the Goth Girl and Cell a lot (came around to liking Cell eventually, always loved Gothita), but since I'm getting White (Zekroooooom), and I do like the Goth Girl quite a bit more, I'll be a a bit disappointed if she's not in White, but it's looking like she won't be. :(

On a related note, MK's new avi is sex.

So sex in fact that in my infinite boredom I decided to GIMP out the Japanese text in the corner. >.> Use it if you want:

M.K

Level 55
Oh, lawl, didn't read all of it.
I actually like the japanese text in the corner, but thanks Sir Bedevere haha. I love the Goth Girl.

And yes, I'm getting White too, but since Firus is getting Black, he'll give me my Gothlita if I need it >:3

Right Firuso?!

M.K

Level 55
Well Zook, Serebii said it MAY, I guess the text is ambigious since the Japanese don't differentiate between singular and plural targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom