• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charizard's B should be Fire Spin. He could make a medium sized flaming tornado that you can you can slowly move left or right, but eventually dies out after extended use just like his Flamethrower, except this can die out completely. You can use it to either push the enemy away or bring them in depending out how fresh it is. If the move is weak then the opponent could possibly break out before it drags you in. And, if you use it offstage or in the air it's just a regular flamethrower since it's not contacting the ground. Technically you would be able to SH Flamethrower and it will act the same, but if you activated when you're grounded it would become a Fire Spin.

Just an idea.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I liked the idea of different pokemon in the same character but I can see better options like:

Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee
Electabuzz/Magmar/Jinx
Gengar/Alakazam
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres

Maybe the last one is not the best idea but it would be epic hehe

MetriZt

Smash Rookie
He sucked!

Alright, he just sucked! I hated the stamina effect, three different move sets to learn, the shared damage, and the annoying "fake ash" in the background that followed me everywhere.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What's wrong with three different movesets to learn? Isn't it a good thing for the character to have options and depth?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I would like to see Squirtle's water gun be replaced with water pulse.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like the water gun attack. It would have been unique if Mario didn't also get the move. Mario needs a new down B, Squirtle should keep his water gun. But his down Smash should be changed or given new properties. It is almost completely trumped by his Up Smash.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Water Gun should've pushed people a little harder than it does. It currently just moves recovering opponents upward, which doesn't help.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, Water Gun is just as useless as F.L.U.D.D., for my tastes.

Of course, someone did do a Blastoise PSA hack for Brawl, which makes Water Gun do actual damage.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I agree that more pushback would make the move better. However, there could be balance issues. If there is more pushback, should a character regain their Up B if hit by the attack. Maybe it should have properties like other projectiles, but simply not do any damage.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I agree that more pushback would make the move better. However, there could be balance issues. If there is more pushback, should a character regain their Up B if hit by the attack. Maybe it should have properties like other projectiles, but simply not do any damage.
Just completely change it. I remember one episode of the anime more than some others for some reason. And one of the orange island gym battles has stuck in my mind. The first gym battle I believe, the one which you can only use water types in. Squirtle's round in that was really impressive, and I will be quite disappointed if Squirtle's water gun doesn't turn into what it was in that episode.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just completely change it. I remember one episode of the anime more than some others for some reason. And one of the orange island gym battles has stuck in my mind. The first gym battle I believe, the one which you can only use water types in. Squirtle's round in that was really impressive, and I will be quite disappointed if Squirtle's water gun doesn't turn into what it was in that episode.
I like the idea of Squirtle's water gun only having pushback, just like Fox's laser is only designed for damage. I would give Squirtle's water gun much more knock back, but allow opponents to use their Up B again if hit ,like other attacks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What's wrong with three different movesets to learn? Isn't it a good thing for the character to have options and depth?
Not if you think Smash is about simplicity and therefore everything should be dumbed down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not if you think Smash is about simplicity and therefore everything should be dumbed down.
The movesets are really simple, anyway. "Not knowing the movesets of every character" isn't really a thing that should be happening.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I like the water gun attack. It would have been unique if Mario didn't also get the move. Mario needs a new down B, Squirtle should keep his water gun. But his down Smash should be changed or given new properties. It is almost completely trumped by his Up Smash.
Hydro Dsmash is amazing.

Especially if your opponent anticipates Usmash and DI's to the side.

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Meh, I still prefer water pulse. I just feel like the whole push thing is either going to be overpowered or useless like in brawl. Plus it just re-hashes his move in the final smash(hydro pump). Although if they actually find a way to make it useful then more power to the move.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Meh, I still prefer water pulse. I just feel like the whole push thing is either going to be overpowered or useless like in brawl. Plus it just re-hashes his move in the final smash(hydro pump). Although if they actually find a way to make it useful then more power to the move.
I'd love a water pulse! The problem is is that I can see it being a very spammable move, so how would we get around that?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
How so? Water pulse is just a ball of condensed water. I see it being used like samus's super missile having a set size, with slightly more start up lag but being slightly faster and more knockback.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I've been playing XD through again lately and half of my team know water pulse right now. It's animations shows a fast chunk of water floating through the air about the size of a rhyhorn, if it looks like that in the game then it would be an obviously and easily spammable attack.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
In the handheld games, I think water pulse looks like a ring of water that floats towards the opponent. I might be wrong though.

jigglover

Smash Lord
They generally don't use pokemon moves like in the anime though, look at volt tackle and sing.
@Ove, that's what I was saying, it's about a rhyhorn sized ring on pokemon XD and colosseum, it's a bit smaller on the handhelds, but so is the screen! :D

D

Deleted member

They generally don't use Pokemon moves like in the games either. Look at Rest, Double Team, and Extremespeed.

jigglover

Smash Lord
And skull bash. Lol. Anyway, I think that they'd be better off just doing it like pokemon battle revolution (I got the moves mixed up, it actually looks really bad in XD, my Sharpedo learned it earlier :D).

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I want Red to return as I love the character. Three iconic Pokemon and the team mechanics just work so well for me. Took a lot of practice to get my team up to speed. I love seeing those three in the game. They should return. They should also make two additional characters just to change up the look with an option for you to use your own Mii (if those return or not). What they can do for making some things more simple is to have a Pokemon sub game in it similar to Subspace Emissary, but your objective is to capture Pokemon for making your own team. You can pass up Pokemon and keep seeking for those you want. As much as I love Red's starters in Smash Brawl, I would like to see Totodile and a few others.

I just watched these videos tonight where some hacking textures were done and Totodile was made using Squirtle. Another instance using Squirtle, they put in Blastoise to face Charizard. I know Blastoise would be a welcome playable in Smash 4. Well here are those videos. My idea of having a custom Pokemon team can make things very interesting for fighting against other PT players and the other game characters. Especially those that I came to hate fighting, but loved getting some payback on like Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi and Ike.

team of Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard (Pokemon Trainer) vs Gary with his team of Blastoise, Nidoran and Garchomp
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sON4cV-d3ik

team of squirtle, ivysaur and charizard(pokemon trainer) vs Ethan with his team of team of totodile, bayleef and typhlosion
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAkM6WqEss

For Smash 4, I believe they need to enhance the attacks and recoveries for Red's team to help build the effectiveness of the team. We all saw some new, good moves in the Brawl + or - games. Like for instance the helicopter like movement given to Ivysaur using the forward tilt. It moved pretty far from what I remember watching on a youtube video, and was done even in the mid air as a useful help for recovering. I don't have a modded Wii and never had, but have seen videos of various texture hacks and so forth on youtube, like many others.

Ch3po

Smash Rookie
If PKMN trainer is going to make it in ssb4 i think you schould have diffrent costumes and pokemon
for example
deafault color: SSBB pokemon trainer (squirtle ivysaur charizard)
color 2: Unova trainer (snivy dewott emboar)
color 3: Hoen Trainer ( mudkip grovyle blaziken)
Color 4 : Johto trainer (cyndaquil bayleef feraligtr)
color 5 : Sinnoh trainer (turtwig prinplup infernape)
hope you know my idea
-Ch3po

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I want the option to import your Pokémons from your portable Pokémon game and have them as playable.

Or.... Maybe not. Just an idea that I don't think would ever work...

jigglover

Smash Lord
**** man, that's the best idea I've heard in a while!
Problem is, is that I'll spend more time on my 3DS catching a snover than on SSB4 when I first get the game! :laugh:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yeah, P:M Ivysaur is good, except it would be better if Solarbeam fired from the bulb. Also, I don't like her intro animation. But those are minor things.
The solarbeam issue is probably going to be fixed before it's released due to everyone complaining about it.
Anyways... IVYSAUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom