• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Thanks

I really hope DoH comes to this, does he still not have a ride?
Not to my knowledge. It looks like Megabus has tickets for $20, but I guess that's still pretty inconvenient.

But yeah we'll be in Houston around 4-5, where do y'all keep your meatiest steak?
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

We will also probably be there at 10ish
Cool, I think that's when most people are getting here.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
2 of us Plano thugs + wobbles are leaving around noon, so we can't grab DoH unfortunately. But yeah we'll be in Houston around 4-5, where do y'all keep your meatiest steak?

:phone:
Is that today or tomorrow? just a reminder that registration ends at 2:30. If you can't get there by then you can register for singles over the phone since we're doing doubles first.

D

Deleted member

Holiday traffic ain't nothin to **** with. Even leaving tonight we've hit traffic for at least an hour and we aren't even to Beaumont yet. It would suck to miss a tournament over this.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys. This is kinda short notice, but if you have a Gamecube/Wii, then bring it. And if you don't want to bring a Gamecube/Wii, then at the very least bring your Melee disc with you. We have quite a few TVs and it would be a shame (and, more importantly, inefficient) if we couldn't use them all. It's too late to try to bring an exact number of Gamecubes/Wiis/Melee discs in an organized fashion, so instead of that, we're just going to go with the very simple plan of urging everybody to bring what they have.

So bring your tournamenty things. Power cords, Melee discs, Gamecubes, TVs. If you have them, bring them.

Also, doors to the venue officially open at around 1PM. However, I urge people to show up early just for the sake of earliness. This is our city's first big Melee tournament in a while and it's best to make ourselves look organized, if only for a day. So myself, Frisbie, Phillip, and probably some others are going to try to arrive around 12PM. Even if we get there too early to help set up the venue (i.e. before Frisbie and Phillip arrive), anybody is welcome to come by and grab something to eat with me at the venue while we wait, lol.

- GlibbyGlobby

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I won't be making it, I just have too much stuff going on. Sorry to Taylor - I'm sure there will be people to team with better than me.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Admiral, if you want I can be there around 12 to help you guys set up.

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Also, for anyone who is having trouble getting there/might run a little late, call 713 702 6028 BEFORE 2:30, and I can register you, depending on the circumstances

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Admiral, if you want I can be there around 12 to help you guys set up.
I probably won't be getting there until after 1 (that was some other guy posting on my account), but it would probably be extremely helpful to have an experienced TO around during the setup process if you don't mind getting there early. Thanks!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was a wimp and didn't enter. WIMP.

Maybe next one...venue was cool and nice seeing some old players.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
The tournament turned out pretty well. I'll post the results in the next few days. Mojo and Sung had a really tight set, came down to last game last stock, it didn't get recorded sadly. An underdog by the name of Wobbles claimed first place. We had 48 entrants in singles, and well over 50 people at the venue. I'll do more specific shoutouts in the results thread, but shoutouts to everyone who came. It was awesome meeting everyone, and I'm really glad Louisiana made it as well, I hope you guys had a safe drive home. I learned a lot from this experience, and there should be more of these to come. Thanks again to everyone who came, and GGs everyone!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Quick Results for those who are interested:

Doubles: 18 Teams i think
1. Sung/Baka4moe
2. AustinRC/Tirno
3. Mojo/Dawn

Singles: 48 Entrants
1. Wobbles
2. Baka4moe
3. Sung
4. AustinRC
5. Mojo, MT

Thanks Frisbie and co. for hosting. I'll probably post full shoutouts later but quick shoutouts to Richardo for the ride, Vic for the support, Sung for teaming and the support. Keith and Robert it was so nice seeing you again but we never played! Texas ya'll are a fun bunch to hang out with, you guys know who you are, it was so much fun seeing all of you again.

D

Deleted member

gotta make a gif of baka dsmashing me for 75%

too epic.

ty so much TOs and hannah for housing. was too fun

Gea

Smash Master
Keith and Robert it was so nice seeing you again but we never played!
Yeah Keith wasn't feeling well so I dipped early after I found him sitting quietly. S'all good, I had a blast. I'll say more in shoutouts. Good **** with your placing.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
yo dawn lets team. We got this falcon/fox, falcon/marth, double falcon, fox/marth, double fox, you name it. I'm not going to be running bracket this time so I'll actually be able to focus on playing.

EDIT: DoH I'm free lolol

linkdude777

Smash Rookie
If I can make it, this will be my first Smash bros. Melee tournament since 2008. I've been playing alot recently, so i'm not only back in shape, but I've actually improved since then. Hope to get to know the Houston smash scene through this event if all goes well.

dawn001

Smash Ace
yo dawn lets team. We got this falcon/fox, falcon/marth, double falcon, fox/marth, double fox, you name it. I'm not going to be running bracket this time so I'll actually be able to focus on playing.

EDIT: DoH I'm free lolol
Done! I'm down.....lets team up ...we should practice our teams...

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Just a heads up to everyone, Mexico I believe is trying to get a truck and make it up here for this. I'll keep everyone posted.

Top Bottom