• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ok guys, listen up!

I called the company trying to rent out this venue the same saturday that i wanted and talked to them and told them my situation. they gladly agreed to move their event to the next weekend if they end up doing it, so the amazing venue, time, and days are 100% confirmed for *pound* 4. Thank god, <3 MLK weekend.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be helping administer/direct/manage this event, so it should be amazing, as always

You can count on from me:

Live feed/Laptop
Wii+Brawl+Melee+Memory Card (and hacks for Brawl+ if necessary)
Controllers
EE

Someone else will have to run tio though. Which i'm sure is fine, since I'm not the main host, but I'll be doing the commentary

If anyone wants to do commentary at this event, you'll have to be approved by me. People that are already approved if they come are:

Samurai Panda
EEvisu
dmbrandon
UmbreonMow
Toasty
Thumbswayup
Btree
InfernoOmni
HAT
Chillindude829
Alex Strife
Tantalus
Slikvik

Anyone else PM me about it and i'll decide if I want to add you to the list.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Good ish tant. ill be running tio on my laptop+printer setup (to print out pool sheets) so yeah, its cool =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Also later this week i'm going to take pictures of the venue so you can all see exactly what we are going to be dealing with. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle

also please rally melee players, 2 days of melee would be amazing!!

edit:: also incentive to register early if ur a melee player.. if melee ends up switching to 2 days (likely) and you've already registered, you won't have to pay the extra venue fee for it being multiple days!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
People are lazy (or poor), nobody has registered yet really. I don't expect it to kick in much til after genesis/my upcharge date. The website is up to date though, I am falling behind with NOTHING this tourney. It will consume me for months, lol. Pictures of the venue will be up Thursday night as well.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
over 6 months away -_-
Isn't there still a chance that someone can come swipe the venue out from under him if they have the money to?

*Checks thread title.

Ok well I still don't not have to pay the extra "late fees". SO SCREW YOU, POCKY. <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
well really, a lot of people would rather pay 10 bucks extra somewhere down the line than be locked in for 80 bucks now and find out somewhere in between that they can't make it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, I will need probably about 50 registrants by august 1st just so people know, ha. It's just tough cuz as a TO you can't get much done without entrants flowing in :-p

I fully understand for such a big event why people wait though. Can't blame them. I'm thinking about issuing refunds for this tournament if people can't go to encourage early registration (but the refunds wouldn't come out til registration closes)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yep totally agreed. That's why it doensn't bother me at all. I know attendence for this will be ridiculous :-D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if there were refunds, i would pre-register
gonna check out the paypal system and make sure if people refund...i still dont lose the paypal service charge. if i dont, ill probably implement that.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
at least 40. but i am fine with people paying me in person... in fact, thats better since paypal doesnt take out money then...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
yeah I will have that whole weekend devoted to smash. So as long as you stay away from Friday and Tuesday, we are golden.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Smexay. That's what i'm gonna do. Sat+Sun Melee, Sun+Mon Brawl. I'll announce it soon enough.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
U.K! nomnom, I like that. Pics of the venue being taken in an hour. will be up in a few. <3

Also if people sign up in particular events and want to add other events just re-register. If you want to add just teams to your singles entry fee simply re-register with a spectators pass but SPECIFY it's for teams =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom