• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
edit:: im about 25 entrants away from completely securing MLK weekend so if you guys have the money, please register!!
well i have the money and know that i definitely want to go to this and can definitely go if it's on MLK weekend. but im not so sure if its not on a weekend holiday. so should i just pay or what?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
With any luck, all of Team Richmond (Tope, Doll, Israphel, Nelo, Geos and Myself...Possibly guest starring Saveeeedddgeee?!?!?!) will be at this...And will be accepting crew battles and ****. Yeee.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well i have the money and know that i definitely want to go to this and can definitely go if it's on MLK weekend. but im not so sure if its not on a weekend holiday. so should i just pay or what?
just saw this post colin, sorry for the late response.

heres the deal, i need registrants to 100% verify MLK weekend, although its like 90% likely anyway. if you DO register early (in the group that helps pay off the venue down payment and it happens to NOT be on MLK day, i will give a full refund. so if for SOME reason it cant be on MLK weekend, its kinda just like a loan for a little bit, lol.

that's the -ONLY- problem i have with this venue...it's a bit expensive and needs the money more up front than other venues (1/4 down payment, 3/4 2 months before the tourney).... but hey...you pay for the quality. it is amazzzzzzzing.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I am sad that melee only gets one day. I don't even see how that's going to happen, it feels like there won't be time for friendlies or anything. Can we play melee friendlies on brawl days, or would all TVs be required to run brawl?

Though one day of melee does free up my schedule somewhat.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I am sad that melee only gets one day. I don't even see how that's going to happen, it feels like there won't be time for friendlies or anything. Can we play melee friendlies on brawl days, or would all TVs be required to run brawl?

right now, it seems there's more melee interest than brawl so that might change

g-regulate

Smash Hero

I'll be proud of the melee community if over 150 people show up, but im doubting this happening. prove me wrong!!!! 1 day with 60+ setups is more than enough, especially since we'll be starting in the AM, and signups will already be finalized, brackets can just start. if teams aren't where they need to be at the right time, they'll simply be DQed and we'll move on.

rhan

Smash Hero
To ensure that everyone doesn't register at once and we have a constant flow of registrants, *Pound* is going to be implementing the same registration system they had for *Pound* 3. Beginning on August first the registration fee is going to go up $2.50 per game played. The same thing will happen at the beginning of August, September, and October up until the close of registration at the beginning of November. This is because we need registrants to help pay for tournament related things as soon as possible.
So lemme get this straight: Starting at the begining of Aug. an extra 2.50 will be added to the prices and every following month the price gets another 2.50 added until the end of registration November 1st??

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Revival of Melee had 120+ entrants with like a month's notice. Genesis is going to have 150 + for Melee easily. I can assure you Pound 4 will do the same. There should definitely be two days of Melee, first day should be devoted to friendlies like Genesis is doing.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
This is Korn..

Revival of Brawl had 500+ entrants with like a day's notice. Genesis is going to have 1500 + for Brawl easily. I can assure you Pound 4 will do the same. There should definitely be five days of Brawl, one hour of melee, first day should be devoted to friendlies like Genesis is doing.
wait... what :/ ???

jk thumbs

rhan

Smash Hero
you got it

plank is pro at this ****, give people incentive to commit ASAP and everything is a lot smoother for the TO.
I see. So this basically means pay ASAP. But what sucks is that I'm not even sure I can get to this as of yet...

I'm just going to have to pre-reg close to the end of October. If I'm paying more to help the community of Melee. Then it's worth it.

Revival of Melee had 120+ entrants with like a month's notice. Genesis is going to have 150 + for Melee easily. I can assure you Pound 4 will do the same. There should definitely be two days of Melee, first day should be devoted to friendlies like Genesis is doing.
As I recall, the TO's of Genesis is killing the first day being devoted to Freindlies because they are "expecting" about 400-500+ players for each game. So to hopefully crunch time to get everything finished the first day is going to be the begining of the Melee events.

Also I believe Pound 4 can get over 150+ entrants. It's basically the Genesis of the east.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
This is Korn..

wait... what :/ ???

jk thumbs
hahahahhaha

I see. So this basically means pay ASAP. But what sucks is that I'm not even sure I can get to this as of yet...

I'm just going to have to pre-reg close to the end of October. If I'm paying more to help the community of Melee. Then it's worth it.

As I recall, the TO's of Genesis is killing the first day being devoted to Freindlies because they are "expecting" about 400-500+ players for each game. So to hopefully crunch time to get everything finished the first day is going to be the begining of the Melee events.

Also I believe Pound 4 can get over 150+ entrants. It's basically the Genesis of the east.
Ah ok, that makes sense. I think Pound 4 will have around 250 for Melee. I'm getting this number from absolutely no where btw lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if the melee number gets that high, changes will be made. as i said with the schedule it is NOT set in stone.

i expect there to be a larger brawl turnout, as brawl is the new game, so since i did NOT want to run the events simultaneously due to space issues mostly, i said melee would be one day brawl would be two.
but then....

then i went to the venue, and trust me. there will be no space issues with anything.

i can do melee friday/saturday and brawl saturday/sunday if thats what the community wants, the ONLY problems with that are

1.) players switching back and forth between games (which i wanted to avoid, but people can do if necessary im sure)
and mainly
2.) I NEED SUFFICIENT SETUPS to run both games at time. If i could be guaranteed 100 setups total i would GLADLY make melee+brawl both two days.

dude do you know who i am? IM ****ING PLANK. of course i want melee to be two days. i just need the commitment that i will have enough setups to be able to support the games running simultaneously. thats my issue. everyone who can POSSIBLY bring a setup NEEDS to.

rhan

Smash Hero
Plank, when are you going to keep track of setups? Even though I'm not 100% on comming as of now. By the time September comes along I will know if I'm able to attend. It's just that I lack funds now and you can never predict the future.

I can bring 2 full Melee setups. One of which can be switched over to Brawl if someone has a spare disc.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I thought you had indefinately quit smash XD
Fixed.

TOASTY TOOOOOOOOOOOOAST
LOL @ Thumbs

A couple months ago, I had upcoming job lineups that made it seem like my time in the then-near future would be too limited to commit to HOSTING tourneys so I was quitting that.

I haven't cared about competing in Brawl since C3 ECRC in November [I've still attended but I haven't "practiced" or even kept up with metagame stuff at ALL since then]

I also was going to have no time to keep up with Melee so I was just going to be one of those old dudes who randomly shows at events when he can >_>

BUT THEN I got this business opportunity out of nowhere and moved to Georgia where there's a decent collection of good players so when I can, I hit up a fest or a tourney

and! I'm living on my own finally so freedom to do **** isn't as much of an issue as it was living with brown parents XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom