• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im trying to keep my opinions out of the genesis thread out of respect, but ive ran my share of giant tournies and i think that tournament is going to fail sooo hard, lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well obviously the no registration online is going to KILL things. it will take at LEAST 8 hours to get everyone registered assuming there are actually over 600 entrants. Once everyone registers they will need to remake pools and get teams figured out too, since you know ANYONE could've registered on the norcal registration and so many of those people wont be going. the # of setups listed on the registration is 102 for brawl AND melee but i bet there only end up being 60-70 tvs total, which may not be enough for the amount of time the have. Since half the entrants basically are OOS they wont be bring setups, and half of the local entrants are young brawl players who arent reliable for setups. i also don't think the venue is big enough for that amount of people. their venue is 8000 sq. feet including a kitchen (why would u need that) whereas my pound 4 venue is 12,000 sq feet of wide open space. (and i was even weary of being able to fit 600 people in mine comfortably, although it can clearly be done). I think they bit off more than they could chew, but I really hope I am wrong because I don't want genesis failing to effect pound 4 turnout. lol

i really hope for the best for them I just dont realistically think it is going to work out anywhere near the way they want it.

edit:: not to mention they want to do regional crews. from personal experience, there will be no **** time for that.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, i think they tried but had issues with their paypal account. I had the same issues for p3 if anyone can recall it was down a few times for days at a time for the same reasons theirs was. I had to go through weeks of identification verifications, hours of being on hold with paypal customer support, haggling with my bank, etc but I eventually got myself to a verifier premium paypal account so I can do pretty much whatever I need to on it now. That's why I'm using it again for p4

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
right, well, I don't think they fought with PayPal enough... they took a defeatist and cut-our-losses sorta approach to that issue rather than *****ing until they got their way and I think that's really really gonna hurt the end result. *keeps fingers crossed*

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh yeah don't worry about me, I got my **** together for this Dark Hart lol. The only thing limiting this tournament is the # of entrants :-D. I can support an ungodly amount. If there end up being more entrants than I think I can handle with the alotted setups, I'm buying $10-20 cheap old 14-20 inch tv's off of ebay/craigslist. I was thinking about doing this anyway so I can set them up the night before and have them guaranteed the WHOLE tournament, but we'll see.

Yeah mog... they should've fought a bit more. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing, it's legal. It's just hard to get paypal to understand what is going on. At the very worst, winnings have to be taxed.

Lovage

Smash Hero
haha. i think half of the people coming to genesis know in the back of their mind that it's going to crash, burn, incinerate all the passengers and the wreckage pissed on by wolves. but at least the community will be there :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think they simply started pre-pay too late so they didn't have enough time to deal with unforeseen circumstances popping up

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's true too.

Oh well, I tried to contact King before and ask him what was wrong with his Paypal and I was going to try and help them work through it from my experience. I also contacted multiple other DBR members by AIM and never got an answer. Hopefully everything works out.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
haha. i think half of the people coming to genesis know in the back of their mind that it's going to crash, burn, incinerate all the passengers and the wreckage pissed on by wolves. but at least the community will be there :)
whats important is the amount of 40man raids there will be on the neighboring restaurants afterwards/during. I wish I could be there for that.

and oh yeah I want a rematch with you and zhu =).

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
speaking of restaurants after pound 4 since I work at TGI fridays 5 mins away from the venue everyone should come and we should just fill the entire restaurant monday night. that would be ****. lol

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
<3 Col Bol

fun smasher to hangout with.

I also agree with this Genesis going to be a giant flop. This tournament will be better. Plus its closer for me. Yay.

PB&J

Smash Hero
lol @ people thinking genesis will be flop..

im so hyped for this

pound 3 made me realize not to go to sleep 4 am in the morning unless u want to get 4 stocked
..i haD SO much fun ..so ill know this will be insane..

cactuar- u played colbol @ vls too i think

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
btw if melee entrants top 128, im going to make melee friday+sat and brawl sat+sun... if that's ok with people. i think melee players want two days too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom