• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobos

Smash Master
tourney talk and hype
I will most likely be running around with a camera taking video footage of the entire event like I did for APEX! This time I will make sure to add melee and brawl+ stuff! Not only that but because I work fast the video should be out by the time a results thread pops up!

HYPE!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Glad for mostly positive reactions so far. I tried to be as fair to every character main/region as possible. <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ARGH I hate rainbow cruise please no one counter pick me on it......like seriously. If you counter pick me there I will not play my best and probly end up getting 3-4 stocked. I really really REALLY dislike that stage. My biggest fear is getting counter picked there.

/sigh

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@TheSage yes it will be.

@mogwai thanks

@swift: sorry, fraynd <3

@spam arrows: ilu

@toasty: do i even need to compliment u? such a ****ing mans man

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am so excited to see how well people from Europe do, and how well North Americans and Europeans will be able to adapt to the very different playstyles that the other continent has. It's unfortunate that Calle W cannot attend, though. I'd like to see him play against some of America's best.

**** Pound 4 being like 3 months away lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ARGH I hate rainbow cruise please no one counter pick me on it......like seriously. If you counter pick me there I will not play my best and probly end up getting 3-4 stocked. I really really REALLY dislike that stage. My biggest fear is getting counter picked there.

/sigh
you sir, are a liar! LOLOL

Adam M!

Smash Lord
*Pound* 4 Official Melee Stage List​

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Basis of Decision:

The Melee back room did a stage vote on both neutrals and Counterpicks. Both of the rulesets I, as the main TO, voted for are the ones that have the most support. I feel like this is a compromise between everyone, and I'm sorry to those who aren't happy because I can't please everyone. I want the results of this tournament to be as accurate as possible, so these are the legal stages.

• Pokemon Stadium: This stage is no longer a neutral for singles. The transformations in and of themselves would often result in entirely banned stages due to walls and such. Because the stage changes however, the stage is not banned, but I do not feel is neutral. However, in teams if a player is stuck in an infinite his teammate has the opportunity to help, which is why it is indeed neutral in teams (and to make a 5th stage since fountain isn't and this is the next best stage). The camera angles on the ledges are funky, and it's widely known space animals run wild on the stage.

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Any questions please contact me via PM or AIM, but as of now the stage discussion here is OVER, and so please do not spam the thread with that. I'm trying to compromise best for everyone.
best rule set ever!!!

i hope this becomes standard in all tournies

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lack of jungle japes and brinstar makes me sad. good thing it doesn't matta cuz im not goin to pound =D

White_Mike

Smash Lord
why 2 (3?)?

and most sets consist of 2 stages anyway since sets are usually 2-0
I said all sets, not just one set.

As in the majority of sets will be DL64, FD and MAYBE Battlefield.

this coming from your awesome first hand experience at SPOC?

oh wait, you weren't there and are taking that solely off of Hax and Scar vs. JMan and Tag which failed to follow the rules twice.

honestly, if game 3 ends up on the same stage as game 1, someone's not stage striking properly.
Lol there were at least 3 or 4 posts in the spoc thread saying the only wack thing about this was that the entire tourney was played on like the same 3 stages.

Don't need to be at a tourney to have an opinion on a new ruleset.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I said all sets, not just one set.

As in the majority of sets will be DL64, FD and MAYBE Battlefield.

Lol there were at least 3 or 4 posts in the spoc thread saying the only wack thing about this was that the entire tourney was played on like the same 3 stages.

Don't need to be at a tourney to have an opinion on a new ruleset.
if we're looking for fun and exciting, let's put big blue on

the SPOC ruleset was geared at 'fairness', and the fact that the same stages were consistently used means that they were likely the most fair and that it probably achieved its goal

White_Mike

Smash Lord

the SPOC ruleset was geared at 'fairness', and the fact that the same stages were consistently used means that they were likely the most fair and that it probably achieved its goal
I agree but I'm still right that most of the tourney was played on 3 stages which I do not like.

I think even with all the "bad" counterpick stages on, I still think the better player is 95% likely to come out on top.

That being said, I love the new rule set :D!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Edit: I disagree with Rainbow Cruise 2v2.. the stage lags.
I know RC/RR (another NTSC/PAL difference) does it more than the others allowed, but it can happen on any stage.

Oh, and it doesn't lag. If rendering a frame took too long, it will just display it twice and skip the next one. The game will always run at about the same speed, but the framerate can go down temporarily.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

I agree Completely

White_Mike

Smash Lord
So I went to an August Burns Red/Acacia Strain/Mychildren Mybride show recently and it was pretty ****ing amazing.

Do smashers regularly attend concerts or know any of the bands I just listed? lol

Edit: I know I've run into grill once or twice at shows....what happened to that guy?

And Alejandro_P lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
It doesn't matter. We all Know I'm gonna win this:chuckle: :laugh:
We'll meet in battle one day...remember my name in the gates of heaven as u walk through those Pound 4 walls...it seems u have risen from obscurity and have made yourself known on the boards spam, with all the posting you've done... good **** with those hype vids.

And there's like a concert here in NY like every 3 weeks or something

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We'll meet in battle one day...remeber my name in the gates oh heaven as u walk through those Pound 4 walls...it seems u have rised from obscurity and have made yourself known on the boards spam...good **** with thse vids.

And there's like a concert here in NY like every 3 weeks or something
I didn't know I was Known on the Boards??? If so Grats to me but that is nothing compared to being known in the Tourney's. That's a goal worth going for. Worth begin called a Jobless bum for also:chuckle:

oh and you will be Spiked to the gates of Hell son!

Samochan

Smash Master
Couple of things bout the rules though...

For stage striking order, I think the players should be able to decide between themselves, via rock-paper-scissors if there is a dispute, in which order they wanna strike stages. I think that decision via port alone is... dunno, I always choose port 2 cause I like it and my position on the beginning of the match, but then I'd always be forced to strike stages first, which is not something I'd do. I wouldn't want to choose between my port and my stage striking order. :/ And what would this mean for teams? Player 1's team always strikes second or the team with more amount in their ports stuff? >_>

About Modified Dave's rule... IMO, it should also include that one cannot pick a stage they last picked as a counterpick on the set (even if they didn't win it on). Just last tourney, I made a comeback from 0-2 after I won on my own cp, but my opponent proceeded to cp me on same stage twice in a row after I won my first match on that set, which was C.falcon on Rainbow Ride ugh (I had banned pokefloats, thank goodness but my opponent's second fav stage was RR). But just imagine jiggs on brin, twice in a row. Or something akin to that, would make any kind of comebacking an arduous task.

Other than those minor things (which are mostly just my opinions), good **** plank. ^_^

pockyD

Smash Legend
Couple of things bout the rules though...

For stage striking order, I think the players should be able to decide between themselves, via rock-paper-scissors if there is a dispute, in which order they wanna strike stages. I think that decision via port alone is... dunno, I always choose port 2 cause I like it and my position on the beginning of the match, but then I'd always be forced to strike stages first, which is not something I'd do. I wouldn't want to choose between my port and my stage striking order. :/ And what would this mean for teams? Player 1's team always strikes second or the team with more amount in their ports stuff? >_>
the entire point is to make the player choose between port and stage striking order; the fact that you can't have it both ways is part of the system itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom