• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguini

Smash Master
I know im ganon and I shouldn't like poke stadium but wavelanding on those platforms is fun as **** so pokestadium being a CP is the only thing I disagree with in the rules.
Otherwise good looks plank.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
the entire point is to make the player choose between port and stage striking order; the fact that you can't have it both ways is part of the system itself
the question rises. which is more important your port or the choosing between the last 2 remaining stages.

I honestly do not feel like that is a fair trade off for I'd take the stage choice over the port 1 any day of the week. I cannot think of any other way to decide who goes first when striking stages but I still think that hands down port is not nearly as important. I like rock paper scissors(its gotta be DBZ style tho) but the idea of a trade off sounds more fundamentally sound. If only there were some better trade off.......

if its a ditto....the person who with the higher priority port should also get their choice of color first. Same with teams.

What happens when team 1 take port 1 & 4 and team 2 takes ports 2 & 3? Which team has to strike a stage first?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
The new stage set looks very nice!

Btw, those of you saying, "change ur character if u can't play on a particular stage" etc etc. That's just retarted, really. Why should someone have to change from their main's to be able to win a stage? (Or have a higher chance of doing so).

Why should someone have to pick up another character JUST to be able to PROBABLY win on a stage? (aka gay stages?)

Just doesn't make any sense.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What is WRONG with people? HURRY UP AND REGISTER! From the look of things, the Brawl scene will be looking so crappy... And I want to play with lots of different USA players, not the same PR players! :mad:

Can't say the same thing for Melee, it's looking better than Brawl right now... Too bad I'm not a real good competitive player, and I'd probably not be able to make it out of pools.

Handorin

Smash Hero
How about the lower seeded person gets to have the first stage strike (in bracket)?

pockyD

Smash Legend
the question rises. which is more important your port or the choosing between the last 2 remaining stages.

I honestly do not feel like that is a fair trade off for I'd take the stage choice over the port 1 any day of the week. I cannot think of any other way to decide who goes first when striking stages but I still think that hands down port is not nearly as important. I like rock paper scissors(its gotta be DBZ style tho) but the idea of a trade off sounds more fundamentally sound. If only there were some better trade off.......

if its a ditto....the person who with the higher priority port should also get their choice of color first. Same with teams.

What happens when team 1 take port 1 & 4 and team 2 takes ports 2 & 3? Which team has to strike a stage first?
I agree that striking stage second is better than port selection, but the solution is fairly simple

RPS

winner chooses anything they want (either chooses a port, or chooses whether they want to strike second)

loser chooses the other option

it's no different than, say, the NFL coin toss

far from perfect, but beats the hell out of tapping that big huge "RANDOM" button

edit: and since other parts of the rules already mandate RPS on controller port, this system is effectively already in place, just as a two-step process

Linguini

Smash Master
Double post, now that I think about it some of the decisions in this stage list is ridiculous. How can you not make FoD a counterpick if you make stadium one.
That stage's platforms fvck with sooo many characters gameplay, far more than the transformations in poke stadium(which any player with the right sense will wait out on the other side for the rock and fire). Spacies actually dominate equally on DL64, as the high platforms provide good mediums for counter-attacks and platform camping.

In addition, Stadium can't be grouped with moving stages like rainbow cruise, and stages with no edges like mute city. The level of unfairness is significantly more skewed on these other stages.

I don't think Poke stadium merits to be placed as a counterpick ;and if it is, then FoD should be in there to.

Just my opinion, but think it over.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ps should not be a counter pick..its as fair as battlefield and if u think its random just run away and u will do better..the big screen in the back even lets u know when its changing

i dislike the new rules...alot and so does everybody from fl besides hbox..

please change it back or lets have a vote or something...this is so wack

Life After Death

Smash Champion
are u for real why is PS on CP? its a NEUTRAL. why isnt FoD on CP if ps is a cp. FoD is more random than PS them platforms be madd random lol.

I say make a vote wat to keep FoD or PS

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't get how two platforms moving up and down has a greater influence on gameplay than two platforms moving up and down with a giant mountain or windmill or tree coming up out of the ground

Linguini

Smash Master
^^^
This man pockyd right here thinks he can win arguments by making other people look dumb. Saying a windmill or a tree coming out of the ground SOUNDS worse and that's your whole argument lol.

payce.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it sounds worse because it is worse

if it's up to me, drop them both and drop yoshi's story

or really, it doesn't even matter at all because with stage striking you're basically getting two stage bans so you will never have to play on it anyway

Life After Death

Smash Champion
u can wait for it by camping on one side of the stage and wait for the regular part to come up. its not hard wen the background screen lets u know wen its gonna change the windmil and the tree part is playable but the mountain part and fire u can definitely camp cuz no one really liek fighting in the corner cuz the player waiting has the advantage

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Group A says there's no way PS can be a CP when FoD isn't.
Group B says it's about time PS is moved to the CP list and FoD made a neutral.

Both groups using the same arguments (it's random, it's bad, platforms are moving, and telling people how to avoid the randomness of "their" stage).

Do you really think you're going to make a difference without adding something new?

Oh, and
plank has spoken, just move along

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i mean the argument against FoD is that the platforms alter the way players need to move their characters

i agree that it's a pretty nasty change; I just don't see how pokemon stadium's transformations don't do the same thing, only worse

Banks

Smash Hero
as a sheik main, when playing vs spacies i will be glad to ban FD and not have to worry about poke stadium. and also be able to counterpick kongo jungle or brinstar.

everyone should just main sheik imo.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's not changing, sorry guys. If it's that big of a deal to you, refunds are available til January 1st. It was done to make things the most fair for the most people, not everyone will be happy.

If you disagree then you disagree, I did my best.

Next topic.

KEWWWWKY, brawl will have plenty of people. Nobody registers til the end. Ever.

@SW: I'm undecided as of now, but probably not.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I play IC's and don't think wobbling should usually be banned.

But if you're going to make a stage a counterpick just because one character can infinite others on that stage then you shouldn't just allow another character free range to do an infinite.

It isn't really consistent.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I play IC's and don't think wobbling should usually be banned.

But if you're going to make a stage a counterpick just because one character can infinite others on that stage then you shouldn't just allow another character free range to do an infinite.

It isn't really consistent.
Deleted cuz i'm not actually gonna argue my point. I made a decision after much thought from both sides and a compromise. Most people seem rather happy with it. It's not even that stadium is banned. Are you that upset you can't random stadium match 1? Cmon Now :p

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Is there a reason people want the stages changed from how they used to be? It was perfect before, people are just being straight up idiots now.

why would that not be banned but the mewtwo freeze glitch be banned?
why would something that easy to do that takes off a whole stock be allowed?
may as well put big blue as a neutral stage or something equally ********

White_Mike

Smash Lord
There's a difference between a characters ability to infinite and a characters ability to infinite with the help of a stage.

All other stages fox could infinite on are not only not cps, but banned

They may be different but it's the same end result, the way you make it sounds really makes it seem that the ice climbers infinite should be banned because at least fox's is situational.

If you're going to stop one, stop them all IMO.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm curious as to why the mewtwo glitch is banned

has everyone single T.O. copy-pasted that rule from 2002 or something

They may be different but it's the same end result, the way you make it sounds really makes it seem that the ice climbers infinite should be banned because at least fox's is situational.

If you're going to stop one, stop them all IMO.
let's say fox's usmash kills jigglypuff at 120 everywhere

dr. mario's usmash kills jigglypuff at 120 on green greens

these percents are made up

but the point is that fox's usmash is good and it's part of his character; doc's usmash's viability and merit as a KO move is based on the stage

these rules govern stage impact, not character impact

edit: reading back on this this didn't make much sense at all (it does in my head but i did a super duper poor job explaining it), so i'd be ok with this getting ignored

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I'm honestly not mad and LOVE the stage setup you have Plank, and I feel bad for giving you **** will all the hard work you're doing.

You seem to be a great TO and this is going to bean amazing tourney but IMO if you're going to go to all the work of making a notoriously neutral stage to avoid an infinite, you should just ban one as easy as IC's.

I love that Poke is CP...I'm just saying what I think lol.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the wobbling argument is played out and i'm sure that plank has all the information he needs and more; i doubt anyone can present any new information on either side

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, honestly I've always thought wobbling should be banned based on principle but nonetheless it really isn't -that- gamebreaking. Chu does better when he doesn't wobble than when he does (although that's because he focuses too much on grabbing when it's legal) but yeah....

It was banned at pound 3, I'm undecided thus far for p4. I'll figure it out.

Pocky, they are linked right where the ruleset should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom