• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Why the **** are you in the B+ backroom then?

If we hold it at a time or place that won't interfere with the main events, then I really don't see what the problem is.
I think some people might just be annoyed that you Brawl+ people keep popping up at events and whoring in on the regular events by asking to host a Brawl+ tourny, we don't go to Brawl+ events and do that. You say it won't interfere but that's still set ups you're taking away for people who might wanna friendly or MM <.<

Honestly if it happens after the main events I for one don't care I'm just telling you what I think may be the reason, my first post about banning Brawl+ wasn't meant to start a trend haha.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think some people might just be annoyed that you Brawl+ people keep popping up at events and whoring in on the regular events by asking to host a Brawl+ tourny, we don't go to Brawl+ events and do that. You say it won't interfere but that's still set ups you're taking away for people who might wanna friendly or MM <.<

Honestly if it happens after the main events I for one don't care I'm just telling you what I think may be the reason, my first post about banning Brawl+ wasn't meant to start a trend haha.
That was an unusually mature post from you E and that's not really saying much, but still :p

We're not trying to encroach on the main events, but the Brawl+ community is growing rapidly and we are part of the Smash community, so we'd like some representation at the largest tourney of the season. Was Apex not an amazing tourney? Brawl+ was a part of it, and despite starting at 1am, it got almost as many entrants as Melee which was a main event. Brawl+ will be MUCH bigger by the time it has gone gold and Pound 4 rolls around.

Brawl+ will draw some people who wouldn't have otherwise come, and they will bring setups of their own. I for one have 3 TVs that I will bring, but only if there's Brawl+ at Pound 4.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That was an unusually mature post from you E and that's not really saying much, but still :p

We're not trying to encroach on the main events, but the Brawl+ community is growing rapidly and we are part of the Smash community, so we'd like some representation at the largest tourney of the season. Was Apex not an amazing tourney? Brawl+ was a part of it, and despite starting at 1am, it got almost as many entrants as Melee which was a main event. Brawl+ will be MUCH bigger by the time it has gone gold and Pound 4 rolls around.

Brawl+ will draw some people who wouldn't have otherwise come, and they will bring setups of their own. I for one have 3 TVs that I will bring, but only if there's Brawl+ at Pound 4.
Because unless Pound does get the venue overnight (which I haven't heard anything about), it will intrude on the other events. The reason it didn't intrude at Apex is because as you said it, it was held at 1AM. There's a chance it could still be held at #4. I just personally don't think it should be a "main event." Side event, yes. I wanna get my plus on, you know I do.

As for attracting as many people as Melee did at Apex, here's the difference... Melee got people to travel there. If Melee wasn't there, players like Scar, Cactuar, Kage, Jman, Eggm and stuff all wouldn't have gone. Brawl+ on the other hand didn't get anyone extra to come, except for maybe you. Also, not to mention that during Melee there was kind of another event going on.... the main event which was Brawl lol. There was nothing else during Brawl+ (except for the sleep event which is what I chose lol), and it was cheaper than Melee.

There really is no feasible way to make + a proper event at #4 unless he gets the venue overnight, and you hold like + Doubles first overnight, and + Singles the second. It shouldn't interfere with the main events. This stuff is Genesis status! Side event however, sure deal. But also, like the rule was with Brawl at #3, if it starts to distract players too much from getting their matches done etc from the standard tourney, it needs to be delayed/turned off for a bit since for a tourney this big, stuff needs to get done asap.

But yea, it does kind of feel like that every big Brawl tourney now we have to all of a sudden have +, which I'm not diggin'. We can still have our + tourneys and some tourneys from the start can have + side events. But to continuously ask every big tourney for some +.... meh. Just wait for BtL2, it's gonna be amazing lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
If I'm staying long on Sunday, is there a place for me to make nachos, Plank? And would you mind if I sold them? it's rather expensive for me to make them and this is going to be rather large sooo yeah...hope you don't mind. And as usual at any event I make nachos at, TOs [main ones only] get freeeee nachos. Staff will get discounted nachos XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Good to hear maXXX :bee:

Chibo I was fully intending to do the same kind of overnight thing that we did at Apex. If I find out that we can't get the venue overnight, then I will stop bringing it up.

And of course this is all ultimately up to Plank, and I will concede to whatever his decision is.

@ toasty: Yaaay nachos!

chillindude829

Smash Master
i mean i personally think counterpick stages are dumb in general and that if you resort to a counterpick stage to clinch a set victory then you hardly even deserve the win. peach players can do fine vs marth/fox on neutrals, obviously its not in their favor but that's what makes peach a worse character than marth/fox.

great bay might be a good counterpick for mewtwo or something, but by banning it its not like we're trying to cripple mewtwo players. its just a bad stage, despite the fact that it gives certain chars advantages.

shanus

Smash Hero
Chibo, I know a lot of people who wanted to go to Apex for B+, but were held back due to its poor timing between mother's day, college finals, AP exams, etc. Apex was plain and simple a bad weekend, and shouldn't be viewed as a shining example. And even then, when it was held at 1AM, had 40+ entrants. Then we had BTL which had some 40+ entrants which was only for +. If you made this a big event, even assuming identical attendance to Apex, we would probably see 60+ entrants to B+

I fail to see why running a *successful* event such as that should be frowned upon. Sure, it depends on how the other events go, but if it will be run well it shouldn't be impossible.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
chillin, if mute city is such a bad stage and unfit for competitive play, it wouldn't have been allowed all these years. you keep avoiding the fact that the sheik main decided to hold a national scale tournament without it for completely biased reasons

edit: also +1 for brawl+ side tournament

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
less arguing more ****ing hype ****n they took away green greens and thats an awesome fox stage

mute city and green greens no one should be whining!

MORE HYPE

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I'm down, good **** on melee

my hand should be good by then =p

Edit - why is mute banned in singles? it's going to force even gayer cps and space animal ****-fests. why not ban corneria while we're at it?

chillindude829

Smash Master
chillin, if mute city is such a bad stage and unfit for competitive play, it wouldn't have been allowed all these years. you keep avoiding the fact that the sheik main decided to hold a national scale tournament without it for completely biased reasons

regardless of planks motivation for banning mute city, i personally agree with the ban, thats all there is to it. ideally all tourney matches should take place on neutrals in my opinion, but if counterpicks must be used, they should at least be limited to more reasonable stages.

for the record i also agree with banning corneria.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

how many years was slavery legal before it was struck? I guess if it was so bad it wouldn't have been allowed for so long.

people go through life accepting things they are taught just because its what they have always known. this by no mean makes what they believe correct. I've always challenged things I think aren't right, and mute city being legal is one of them. .

Slik, If you had any idea the number of players ive lost to with my sheik and taken to mute city and beaten with my ****ty mediocre peach, you'd understand. **** should never happen.

bottom line is it's my tournament, it's my choice. If i was really biased I would've banned wobbling, IC infinites, and a few other things

pockyD

Smash Legend
hahaha too good

if your character relies on a gimmicky stage to get wins, that's your character's fault, not the stage's

if you think green greens should be banned, then that's a separate issue; it's not like "fox gets green greens, peach gets mute city, so it's fair"... each stage should be considered separately

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahaha too good

if your character relies on a gimmicky stage to get wins, that's your character's fault, not the stage's

if you think green greens should be banned, then that's a separate issue; it's not like "fox gets green greens, peach gets mute city, so it's fair"... each stage should be considered separately
Agreed. Green greens is gay and random because of the falling bombs, apples, etc. Not to mention certain characters up+b's not having the hitboxes to get through the blocks if they fall on top of them.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
-EDITED- I love Corneria, but I agree that it should be banned IF Mute City is being banned...Cause they're both equally gay. But if you ask me (And I know you aren't), neither should be getting banned. You have a stage ban for a reason. =O Just throwing that one out there.

Oh, and I'll definitely be at this. =)
I was thinking of quitting after Genesis, but the next big MD/VA Melee tourney is just too good to pass up.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I love Corneria, but I agree that it should be banned. Just throwing that one out there.

Oh, and I'll definitely be at this. =)
I was thinking of quitting after Genesis, but the next big MD/VA Melee tourney is just too good to pass up.
no, cyrain! don't quit ever!
your hair > smash bros

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lol @ your sig. And yea yea, I know. But no one in MD/VA really plays Melee or hosts **** anymore. Brawl is too good, apparently.
>_>
<_<

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
and chus biweeklies on fridays that get like 20 peeps. a melee tourney would get good attendence actually these days here, lol

Drephen

Smash Master
lol peaches lose all the time on mute city

most of the time its people not knowing how the stage is why that lose

just ask pc :)

then again i ****in hate mute city so i really dont give a **** lol

but then agian this does give like fox/falco 203948203948 advantages

but then again this is east coast so i image plank banning everything including FOD and just having 5 stages lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
All non-neutrals are gay. That is all.

Lol @ your sig. And yea yea, I know. But no one in MD/VA really plays Melee or hosts **** anymore. Brawl is too good, apparently.
>_>
<_<
I play Melee! Everyone still loves it, we all just gotta throw more events for it and people will show up.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I mean, 20 people for an event is aight, but it's hard for Tope and I to find time to travel frequently. 20 people just isn't enough. And I'm a ****** who won't attend small **** if winning teams won't pay for the trip and a bag of pot when I get home. *Shrug*

My *****ing aside, Melee is awesome and I can't wait for Genesis, *Pound* 4, TO5 and the next SPOC. So much goodness.
Someone hold a huge smashfest before Genesis.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
-EDITED- I love Corneria, but I agree that it should be banned IF Mute City is being banned...Cause they're both equally gay. But if you ask me (And I know you aren't), neither should be getting banned. You have a stage ban for a reason. =O Just throwing that one out there..
What he said...although I'll probably drop the whole argument if corneria is banned

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
wonder if there's going to be a domino effect beyond Corneria/Mute/GGs.......or maybe Tristate is just waiting until Spammerer says he's coming before they call to ban Floats XD

CYRAIN!!!! YESSS you better come to TO5 =D

this tourney's going to be sooo amazing! I trust that any questions I have related to the venue would be met with a more than favorable answer considering Plank's running this ****...that man knows how to make money so I doubt he'd risk disappointing people haha

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Donkey Kong is broken on Green Greens. Ban that ****.

Legimately though, I disapprove of Brinstar way more than Mute. The only counterpick I could say I actually do find somewhat fair is DK64, but that stage is so far into the corner of the stage select that everyone seems to forget about it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't forget about DK64, just ask G$ :laugh:

DK64 is as fair as most neutral is the vast majority of matchups, I think it just stays off the random lists so that we don't have to hear Link/Samus players Q.Qing over their inability to recover with grapples on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom