• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Make Onett Legal... (MOGWAI Mogwai mogwai sucker :-p).

ok don't do that.

I never got the sense of being completely gayed on mute by peach or jiggs. The purpose of counterpicks is to give an advantage. Hell neutrals aren't neutral. (pokestadium anyone?) I really don't care that much, I am not going to pick Mute, but I do support to concept of counterpick stages.

I don't forget about DK64, just ask G$ :laugh:

DK64 is as fair as most neutral is the vast majority of matchups, I think it just stays off the random lists so that we don't have to hear Link/Samus players Q.Qing over their inability to recover with grapples on it.
Luigi players have a right to QQ aboot this one too.

R3N0

Smash Lord
yah so. .. u should have a backup character on the stage you aren't so good on...
end story...
get your game up folks and cover your weaknesses.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well the idea isn't that stage is unfair player-wise; otherwise, we can just legalize 90% of the stages and say "if you don't like it, use fox"

the point is to ensure that each set doesn't devolve into two foxes playing tag on hyrule (as an extreme example... if you want something more practical, two peaches camping on peach's castle, etc)... it may be "fair" but it doesn't not produce interesting/relevant tournament matches

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
TBH the CP stage I find most annoying in Melee is Japes...

Brinstar isn't bad at all. Mute City is pretty stupid. And Green Greens... wooow... lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i went to the venue today to check it out in person for the first time... its ****ing spectacular. i was a bit weary about the venue being too expensive at first but after checking it out, it's so worth it. the location is so convenient and great, plus the venue itself is hugeee. it has outlets wrapped around the entire perimeter of the building and also outlets on the ceiling so we can run things upwards and not worry about people tripping or anything.

toasty, you can make nachos outside... there is so much space outside and such for people to chill. although it will be pretty cold at that point, most likely!!

people should start making plans asap if they plan on coming, though. the full money for the venue is due 60 days before the tournament, so im probably going to have to cut off registration at the beginning of november (or else nobody will pay in time and i wont be able to afford the venue 60 days in advance). i have to give them 25% of the fee as a downpayment, which is a ***** in itself. lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Prices are up! Registration should be up within a few days, and will close around the beginning of November.

Copied from registration section::::

A website is currently in the making for registration, and prices have been determined! Registration should be up within a few days, so let's start getting ready. Prices have been determined and are as follows: (note, venue fee is included in all prices. The venue fee is seperate for Brawl and melee to be fair for for players only playing one game, so if you're playing both you're not paying for it twice, you're paying for the whole venue fee. If you're playing one game, you're paying half.

Melee Singles: $25
Melee Singles+Teams: $35

Brawl Singles: $35
Brawl Singles+Teams: $45

That is going to be the layout on the registration website. If you want to spectate only, there will be a $10 spectator fee available under each game.

I'm going to need people to sign up asap to help me afford the venue since it has to be ahead of time, so if you are sure you want to come (which everyone should be), the earlier signed up the better. That way I can also start getting more supplies for the tournament!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I will not. I can open the venue as early as 5 AM, though.... lol. How hardcore are you Brawl+ kids?? 5AM til Midnight=hours.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why is Brawl $10 more than Melee :/

Couple ques though...
If you buy like only the Brawl package, can you be there the Melee day?

Is there anyway I could enter Brawl Singles and Doubles, and Melee Doubles? That's personally the package I would want.

Edit: Brawl is more expensive because it's 2 days compared to Melees 1 right?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Why is Brawl $10 more than Melee :/

Couple ques though...
If you buy like only the Brawl package, can you be there the Melee day?

Is there anyway I could enter Brawl Singles and Doubles, and Melee Doubles? That's personally the package I would want.

Edit: Brawl is more expensive because it's 2 days compared to Melees 1 right?
Brawl is more expensive cuz it's 2 days worth of venue fee, that is correct. I -COULD- break them up even more in price but that would be really really inconvenient for me and add a ton of extra hassle. You can still be there the other day, yes. Btw this is $10 less than genesis, just added up differently with the venue fee already included to simplify things!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yes, brawl is 2 days, melee is 1.

since we have to be out at midnight, everyone needs to play their matches and be on time ALWAYS!!!. Tourney matches will begin probably at 10-11 am, and signups are all done online, so pools and things like that will all be ready to go. if you are still late, you WILL be DQed. we dont want to DQ anyone, but finishin the tournament late is NOT AN OPTION

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'll also post later regarding discounts for bringing setups, i'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.... Last time I got ****ed because I gave discounts then people left 1/2 through the tourney and I had no tvs. lol

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Jon you should just write down who brought set ups and give them back the money after the events are over if they stayed the whole time with their set ups(which is what the discount is for), leaving half way is lame, think of doing it this way as a mail in rebate, money off after completion!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Put locks on the TVs and only you can unhook them for people lol. If they want to take their TV back early, they have to give you the refund back :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I will not. I can open the venue as early as 5 AM, though.... lol. How hardcore are you Brawl+ kids?? 5AM til Midnight=hours.
When are you starting the main events, 10 or 11? If you can give us 6-10 on two of the days (for teams and singles), that's all we'd need. Turnout for that would probably be lower than it was for Brawl+ at Apex (well, depending on where Brawl+'s popularity is in 7 months) since that is a pretty awkward time for people and only the hardcore B+ lovers would probably show up. And if Melee/Brawl people show up early and wanna play friendlies, we won't be using many of the setups. But I promise you this would draw people who wouldn't have otherwise come (and of course, my 3 TVs :p).

But I personally don't mind those hours and anything you can give us is much appreciated :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Jcaes if you really want to organize that then sure... im not starting any events before 10 AM any day so you guys can have 6-10 each morning that you need

ee- good idea n!gga

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
ehhh at changing rules. no mc or green greens? i can follow the logic behind green greens but why mute city.
oh well one less thing to worry about forp each / jiggs

edit: im actually really against the banning of mute. and i think a better approach needs to be made other than my tourney my rules gtfo. How many peaches are winning tourneys? how many people going to mc are winning...

anywho this should be my first pound i'd attend and it sounds awesome. prolly my last tourney too., doubt imma keep being interested in smash.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm not going to respond to anymore mute city questions, thats not what this thread is about. tournies often have random little rule tweaks, it happens.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
cactuar uve played him like twice, he plays him every weekend, i dont see how ur advice would be groundbreaking for him, unless u were jk'in

will try to make this!!

colin, 3rd pound in a row? lets do ittttttt!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
cactuar uve played him like twice, he plays him every weekend, i dont see how ur advice would be groundbreaking for him, unless u were jk'in

will try to make this!!

colin, 3rd pound in a row? lets do ittttttt!!
Umm.

Pound 2
FCD
Pound 3
Event 52

I've played Col Bol in 4 tournament sets that I know of (3 bracket sets and 1 pools set).

I wouldn't give people tips vs colin anyway. I love that kid. :laugh:

Plus I am forever apologetic for having counterpicked him to corneria the first time we played. I can't remember having ever counterpicked ANYONE. So clearly something was wrong with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom