• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Asian_Kenny_

Smash Cadet
who cares who's better between Armada and PP. they both knocked hbox out of the tourney which is too good lol.

edit: can't wait for that armada and hbox set to be put on youtube :)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
No johns about the crowd, there were a few times Armada kinda exploited the "stack it up" to get combos in due to a minor overconfidence in spacing from PP.

Really nice sets and lots of respect to PP from not only beating HBOX, but also winning in that cornered position he was put into!

It´s too bad Armada lost but I´m sure he will be even more dangerous next time this summer and learn alot from this!

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
honestly Armada is still best player in the world in my opinion

winner finals were so easy for Armada and PP benefited from the crowd. crowd johns might be lame, but it actually plays a big part. + Armada taking out Hbox easily with Young Link is outta this world.
No, Armada always rolls predictably and waits for people to be overly aggressive and mess up every time. PP won with ease by beating Armada at his own game of waiting, he only dropped the first set because he was overly aggressive. What about if Hbox didn't get sick, or if mango actually cared, or if mew2king didn't get demoralized and quit? All of these people have taken the biggest tournaments before, and Armada hasn't. Talk is cheap. Armada is predictable, people think they're just being a good player by mixing things up and expecting he'll mix things up, but he'll do the same thing every time, and player after player have exposed it by beating him at major tourneys.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i heard m2k forfeited doubles. i mean, that's what i heard. don't go telling your friends that mokumo said that m2k gave up.

after watching armada own Hbox as young link (highlight of the tournament), and totally adapt to PP in winners finals I was convinced that he would win. PP just went beast mode.

Shino

Smash Apprentice
Still proud on Armada. I can imagine it's hard to play well when you r having a whole USA crowd against you.

:ace:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
PP wins Rom3 over M2K

PP wins some tourney over Hungrybox

PP wins Winterfest over Mango

PP wins Pound 5 over Armada

Whose the best again?

Quic

Smash Journeyman
No, Armada always rolls predictably and waits for people to be overly aggressive and mess up every time. PP won with ease by beating Armada at his own game of waiting, he only dropped the first set because he was overly aggressive. What about if Hbox didn't get sick, or if mango actually cared, or if mew2king didn't get demoralized and quit? All of these people have taken the biggest tournaments before, and Armada hasn't. Talk is cheap. Armada is predictable, people think they're just being a good player by mixing things up and expecting he'll mix things up, but he'll do the same thing every time, and player after player have exposed it by beating him at major tourneys.
I got trolled.
Or you're massively stupid.

sPArKeN

Smash Apprentice
Armada without a doubt proving to be the best player in the world by beating every single scrub in winners bracket in US with ease.
One can only wonder how hard he would butrape these scrubs if they actually had the guts to bring it over to sweden. :cool:

AMERICA, YOU MAD!?

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
man you just don't know anything about this game. I'm not going to discuss with such a biased person. ur johning for people who actually doesn't give a **** about you.

if you cannot see that Armada is an amazing player, quit watching/playing this game cause ur getting no fun.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Both .

:(

Smooth Criminal
Most likely.

Armada got rested out of rolls because he's predictable.
Armada rolls under pressure, bad habit for sure.
'player after player has taken advantage of his predictiveness'
Not on your life.
He's lost to what? 4 american people?
Don't suddenly start bashing Armada, he's an amazing player deserving of the top placings he's been making consistantly over the last years.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
As Hack said, Armada doesn't need anyone to john for him. He's super beast, but PP played better and won.

Can we just quit with all this ******** nationalism?

So congrats to both players. One of the best grand finals of all time.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Armada got rested out of rolls because he's predictable, and he always waits for a mess-up with the disrespect float.
Talk is so cheap. If Armada is SO predictable how does he get anywhere near the final stages?

PeePee won because he outplayed Armada, Armada wasn't able to really find a way back onto the stage effectively a lot of the times, PP found something that worked and kept doing it until it stopped working. (Which it didn't in this case)

But if he's predictable, and you know his playstyle, you should have no problems beating him. So how many times have you beat him?

Oh right.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
man i'm glad pp won, but you guys can't be serious w/the "no crowd johns" posts. go check a vegas spread/moneyline and see how whether probability remains constant based on game location

that said, go pp-- you ****. inspiration to falcos

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Armada rolls under pressure, bad habit for sure.
'player after player has taken advantage of his predictiveness'
Not on your life.
He's lost to what? 4 american people?
Don't suddenly start bashing Armada, he's an amazing player deserving of the top placings he's been making consistantly over the last years.
lol don't get so riled up by what scrubs are saying, they'll never be able to feel what a top player is like if all they do hate and talk.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Armada without a doubt proving to be the best player in the world by beating every single scrub in winners bracket in US with ease.
One can only wonder how hard he would butrape these scrubs if they actually had the guts to bring it over to sweden. :cool:

AMERICA, YOU MAD!?
2nd, u mad?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I had the choice of buying MvC3 today or watching this.

I'm proud of my choice.
wtf is wrong with u? buying mvc3 should take like ten mintues. u seriously skipped out of getting an amazing game to watch this? what a ****in moron. itls like 5 in the afternoon, why dont u just get it now? ur seriously not gonna get it AT ALL today because of the stream? god ur stupid.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Armada get rested out of one roll lol. Against a scrub no less:awesome:. You can't be serious?
Twice actually, he rolled past mang0 is 2.4, and rolled into him while he was dashdancing on pokemon stadium(2.5?)
lol don't get so riled up by what scrubs are saying, they'll never be able to feel what a top player is like if all they do hate and talk.
I'm easily trolled when it comes to this.

Those Grand finals got me riled up to start playing a *****-ton of smash again.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
160 pages of posts in this short period of time.. and this is just melee. Goes to show how great of a game (and community? =] ) this is

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Armada get rested out of one roll lol. Against a scrub no less:awesome:. You can't be serious?
Actually, it's happened to him before at multiple tournaments, he got angry and said he wanted Jiggz banned as a result, but really he was just angry at himself for not being able to stop rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom