• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Kid Goku (FIRST BETA RELEASED!)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
we need his paper scissors stone attack either as his side B or as a three time smash forward (like how it is with link, who had two consecutive attacks as his smash)
Or have it so that you have changing fsmashes depending on the angle (like what I did with Kari).

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Pesonally SON Goku sounds better than Kid, also Son Goku was mostly used in DB and he was just normally called Goku in DBZ

We should also make a stage for him, the Budokai Tenkaichi arena would be great!
Imagine the arena like in DON, where you get damaged on the grass around the main platform, we make that area instead a death boundary.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
@all team members who can hex
can someone help me to hex some polygons
they are 265 polygons and i dont have the time to hex them all alone

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Finished hexing the stage (it only took me an hour, not counting short breaks).

Now I just gotta fix the stage position, spawn points, collisions and camera boundaries (and find some suitable lighting), then it's good to go for being Kid Goku's official/unofficial stage. :)

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
Finished hexing the stage (it only took me an hour, not counting short breaks).

pic

Now I just gotta fix the stage position, spawn points, collisions and camera boundaries (and find some suitable lighting), then it's good to go for being Kid Goku's official/unofficial stage. :)
good work on that looks realy cool

also Final smash?

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
that is a suggestion to the other team members
thats the reason i put the "?"

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
Well I think its a great idea, but will it be possible to implement? I mean we do have to keep in mind the file size limit right? But yeah if we can get it to work then sure :D
And once you're done with the stage RandomTBush, we'll make it the official stage for Goku (we can release it together with a beta or you can go ahead and release it first, it's up to you)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
And once you're done with the stage RandomTBush, we'll make it the official stage for Goku (we can release it together with a beta or you can go ahead and release it first, it's up to you)
I'll just release it first. I've got the stage in the right spot now, so that's one more thing that's done now.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
alright then can't wait to try it out! we need a brstm for it

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
no vids yet... hopefully soon when i get his jump working >_>

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Well I think its a great idea, but will it be possible to implement? I mean we do have to keep in mind the file size limit right? But yeah if we can get it to work then sure :D
If it wont fit due to file size, you could put kid goku over Wario or Bowser and the gorilla over Warioman or Gigabowser

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
If it wont fit due to file size, you could put kid goku over Wario or Bowser and the gorilla over Warioman or Gigabowser
hmmm yeah I guess... has anybody done this before? does it work? I'm thinking of going with wario since he's lighter and floatier... well that can probably be fixed with psa anyhow lol

Revven

FrankerZ
How many bones does Kid Goku have? It'd also be cool if you could get the bone count for the VS characters that are in that game (there's some really nice characters there that could be used).

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
How many bones does Kid Goku have? It'd also be cool if you could get the bone count for the VS characters that are in that game (there's some really nice characters there that could be used).
shock44 stated that he has 106 bones although i didnt count them myself so I suppose thats right... I don't know about the other characters but somebody has the models (I think RandomTBush does)

Turazrok

Smash Master
do it over sonic, because no one likes sonic. just use PSA to modify the floaty-ness.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
yeah i thnik we're gonna port him over to wario...
still can't get the jump animation to work... I suppose we have to rename his bones first huh? if so I think we'll end up with a roadblock like project klonoa >_>

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
good work on that looks realy cool

also Final smash?

*Epic pics*
I'll make a few when I release the stage.

*more epic pics*
Anyway, collisions are done, but I haven't modified the death/camera boundaries yet (so you can stand on the grass).
O.M.G. I can't wait till this is released and yeah I think thats the best final smash yet ^^.
Btw, what stage will goku's stage go over RTB?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
O.M.G. I can't wait till this is released and yeah I think thats the best final smash yet ^^.
Btw, what stage will goku's stage go over RTB?
With the Stage Expansion code that Phantom Wings made (or even Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader), it doesn't have to replace anything.

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
That Stage looks awesome but I doubt I'll be able to use it since I don't have the Stage Expansion code could someone send me a link to were I could find it? BTW I fully support this Project Kid Goku is awesome even though I prefer adult goku Kid Goku is still awesome

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
This stage is amazing but jsut wanting to know what stage is it modeled over, that way i can get ready ahead of time, adding my dbz brstm, and changing the song name to match! That way, i can just pop the stage on my sd card and play...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
This stage is amazing but jsut wanting to know what stage is it modeled over, that way i can get ready ahead of time, adding my dbz brstm, and changing the song name to match! That way, i can just pop the stage on my sd card and play...
Currently, it's over Final Destination (using Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader so that it doesn't replace FD) , but I'm going to try getting it over the Temple or the Wi-Fi Waiting Room... Basically, over a stage with no gimmicks so that strange things won't happen during a fight (such as the stars twinkling in the daytime sky, which is really awkward).

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
Currently, it's over Final Destination (using Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader so that it doesn't replace FD) , but I'm going to try getting it over the Temple or the Wi-Fi Waiting Room... Basically, over a stage with no gimmicks so that strange things won't happen during a fight (such as the stars twinkling in the daytime sky, which is really awkward).
and when do you think you can relese it?

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
DoB04 said it's okay to post this here, so I present to you Krillin!

He is currently put over Mario, If any one has any Ideas as to what attacks he should be given go ahead and post them.

Current tasks:
-Hexing animations to work in brawl
-needs to be re sized (he's lookin puny)

I'll update this post with pics once I get a few animations working :chuckle:

(PS: Kudos to Shock44 for helping me with texture probs)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
and when do you think you can relese it?
Hopefully, later on today, barring any complications.

(EDIT: asdfdshgjfdh Okay, making grabbable edges for the stage was a bad idea. Whenever you grab the edge, you DIE. So, I can't make the edges able to be grabbed with the stage the way it is now. D: )

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
^ Soooooooo, lower the blast zones a little? Not ideal, I realize - the grass being the blast zone makes the most sense and is just aesthetically pleasing - but if you want the stage to be more enjoyable and playable, you may consider making two versions (with one being a version with lower blast zones). Choices are nice!

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully, later on today, barring any complications.

(EDIT: asdfdshgjfdh Okay, making grabbable edges for the stage was a bad idea. Whenever you grab the edge, you DIE. So, I can't make the edges able to be grabbed with the stage the way it is now. D: )
It doesn't make sense to be able to grab the edge anyway, it's supposed to be only a few feet above the grass so that someone couldn't do that.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
maybe you can vertex hack the stage's platform to make it a bit taller? just enough so that a character can if on it while edge grabbing? idk just a suggestion (I'm not even sure if its possible since I know nothing about stage hacking lol)
I'll make some brstms to go with it today and post them here in a few

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
^ For the love of God I'd like to suggest Tenkaichi 2 music if you can get your hands on it. Lost Courage is one of the best DBZ video game songs.

Top Bottom