• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
isnt most of the psa done i heard the up b is the onlly 1 not done in my opinion i would release a beta when ir finshed with the damage animations because up b isnt imporant if he has tht ear jump thing

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lol, I have a suggestion for a costume.
How about Tails? I always thought that Klonoa looked like Tails.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
isnt most of the psa done i heard the up b is the onlly 1 not done in my opinion i would release a beta when ir finshed with the damage animations because up b isnt imporant if he has tht ear jump thing
That is incorrect good sir, most of the PSA definitely isn't done, including most of the aerial attacks and the over-B. And even most of the regular attacks and smashes either need tweaks or just haven't been done.

Lol, I have a suggestion for a costume.
How about Tails? I always thought that Klonoa looked like Tails.
Not unless you're willing to make it yourself =3

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
That is incorrect good sir, most of the PSA definitely isn't done, including most of the aerial attacks and the over-B. And even most of the regular attacks and smashes either need tweaks or just haven't been done.

Not unless you're willing to make it yourself =3
I'll do a Tails Klonoa (I won't use it but it might be an interesting alternate colour)
EDIT: I finished it. I sent it to you frostymm if you just want to take a look.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
oh yey i fixed the dthrow. i also made grab animations =D and got rid of lucas' snake.

i also fixed all the standard attacks so that they hit when they are supose to.

yay progress

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
oh yey i fixed the dthrow. i also made grab animations =D and got rid of lucas' snake.

i also fixed all the standard attacks so that they hit when they are supose to.

yay progress
Howd you fix the dthrow? O.o I tried all sorts of things and couldn't get anywhere with it. Was the problem in PSA or something?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Howd you fix the dthrow? O.o I tried all sorts of things and couldn't get anywhere with it. Was the problem in PSA or something?
yeah PSA, that and the dthrow animation was too short. Like the frames where it hurt someone were after the animation was finished. so it never hurt the foe and just sat there waiting to be hit. i slowed down the animation and sped up the time where it hit. =D

So i finished ummm Catch, CatchWait, WatchDash, CatchHit, CatchRelease and Fthrow

i still cant figure out how to make the enemies actually follow the throwN bone. everyone just sticks to his pants. I Re-indexed his pants bone (lol) to the same as lucases but it still dosnt work =[ its also bugs me that his pants bone grows (lmao) every time he uses his sheild. i can't figure my way around it.

his fthrow is awsome tho, he does a jumping knee attack and then a spin around kick. hes like a ninja =D

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
yeah PSA, that and the dthrow animation was too short. Like the frames where it hurt someone were after the animation was finished. so it never hurt the foe and just sat there waiting to be hit. i slowed down the animation and sped up the time where it hit. =D

So i finished ummm Catch, CatchWait, WatchDash, CatchHit, CatchRelease and Fthrow

i still cant figure out how to make the enemies actually follow the throwN bone. everyone just sticks to his pants. I Re-indexed his pants bone (lol) to the same as lucases but it still dosnt work =[ its also bugs me that his pants bone grows (lmao) every time he uses his sheild. i can't figure my way around it.

his fthrow is awsome tho, he does a jumping knee attack and then a spin around kick. hes like a ninja =D
Ninja? Yeah, that makes sense. Klonoa's a beast afterall =D But yeah we really need to figure out how to fix all of these glitches... I found a guide but I'm not sure what shocks already done to Klonoa's indexes and such =/

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
well lets just concentrate on animations, then we can beg people to fix glitches. then we can beg people for PSA =D

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
Lol @ StarWaffle for begging.
But this is Awesome. I love to see progress on hacks such as this.
Good job guys. hope there's more progress to come.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
- Pantsleg grows when shielding
- Shield starts has huge size
- Some body parts stretch during animations
- Air over-special snaps back after animation
- Enemies don't follow the throwN bone
- Sometimes instantly gets up or dies when grabbing ledge

Hey star, are there any I missed? I know I missed a few but I'm kind of tired atm...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
those don't sound hard to fix at all. half of them will be fixed with a proper ThrowN bone. send the files to either me or KangarooGreen, i taught him a lot about glitch fixing, and he does a good job with it.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay sure, I'll upload them to mediafire and send you the link when I get home. You want just the model? Or just all of the files to see if there's something up with the PSA concerning that snapback on the over air special?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
model and PSA. Tabuu edits the FitCharacter.pac, and i need the model to see what bones are where. probably the MotionEtc too, i'll see if i can get the aerial side special working right.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
those don't sound hard to fix at all. half of them will be fixed with a proper ThrowN bone. send the files to either me or KangarooGreen, i taught him a lot about glitch fixing, and he does a good job with it.
Dawwwwww thanks. :embarrass:

And I have to say I'm not as good as you yet, because of my glitches at the moment. :(

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Snapping back after using Side-Special just sounds like the "Moves Character" box is unchecked.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, yes and no. up until saturday i was busy with finals, i spent most of saturday driving home for the christmas break, and i somehow amassed 7 projects to fix.

but i did mess around with Klonoa a bit. with the ThrowN BoneRef pointing to the ThrowN, it fixed most of those related problems, like the pant leg growing when shielding, but the problem is that the shield is tiny to begin with. it's weird though, because even though it's tiny, it still shrinks like it should, whereas the tiny shield glitch doesn't shrink. i'd put the ThrowN to a different bone, but it doesn't look like Klonoa has a bone that would be better. the only solution i could think of is if i hexed the eye lids out and used one of those bones as the ThrowN, but i would think that you want Klonoa to blink.

and i tried a few things to make the side special aerial move, but i haven't gotten it to move yet.

and i'm half tempted to re-hex the bone structure back to the way it should be. i know that's the way we used to have to do it, but that may be causing problems, but i'm not sure.

overall, i'm working on it. i just need some food and i'll keep working on it.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
well, yes and no. up until saturday i was busy with finals, i spent most of saturday driving home for the christmas break, and i somehow amassed 7 projects to fix.

but i did mess around with Klonoa a bit. with the ThrowN BoneRef pointing to the ThrowN, it fixed most of those related problems, like the pant leg growing when shielding, but the problem is that the shield is tiny to begin with. it's weird though, because even though it's tiny, it still shrinks like it should, whereas the tiny shield glitch doesn't shrink. i'd put the ThrowN to a different bone, but it doesn't look like Klonoa has a bone that would be better. the only solution i could think of is if i hexed the eye lids out and used one of those bones as the ThrowN, but i would think that you want Klonoa to blink.

and i tried a few things to make the side special aerial move, but i haven't gotten it to move yet.

and i'm half tempted to re-hex the bone structure back to the way it should be. i know that's the way we used to have to do it, but that may be causing problems, but i'm not sure.

overall, i'm working on it. i just need some food and i'll keep working on it.
Thanks for all your hard work Snoopy, just do what you can. We really appreciate it. <3

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
progress report!

these are the things i'm currently working to fix, as posted last page.
1- Pantsleg grows when shielding
2- Shield starts has huge size
3- Some body parts stretch during animations
4- Air over-special snaps back after animation
5- Enemies don't follow the throwN bone
6- Sometimes instantly gets up or dies when grabbing ledge

i went ahead and hexed off the eyelids and am currently using one of those bones as the ThrowN bone, so the pant leg no longer grows and shrinks with the shield, and the shield doesn't start off huge. the problem is that it starts pretty small. so 1 and mostly 2 are done.

for 3, i haven't seen any animation stretching yet, except for the side special aerial, which brings me to 4.

for 4, i have no idea why it's not working like it should. my easy tests failed to fix it, but i'll keep trying.

for 5, i think i have it done. the problem is that when i name the bone that i have designated as the ThrowN bone, many problems pop up. i have a few ideas on how to fix it if it is a problem, though.

and for 6, believe it or not, was a simple animation problem. when it kept happening even after i fixed the ThrowN BoneRef, i figured it had to be. the problem was very subtle, but the TransN had to be moved back by -3. after i did that, the problem was fixed. the only way i figured that out was by comparing Lucas's CliffWait animation to Klonoa's. i saw that he was moved back a tiny bit, so i tried moving Klonoa back a bit as well, and that's all it needed. the bones must have been overlapping stage collisions, that's why he could hang off thin platforms and act normally.

so i basically have 4 of the 6 things done so far. i'll fix the shield and send the files back, and i'll try getting the side special aerial to work as well, but that may take more time, but i'm not sure.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
progress report!

these are the things i'm currently working to fix, as posted last page.
1- Pantsleg grows when shielding
2- Shield starts has huge size
3- Some body parts stretch during animations
4- Air over-special snaps back after animation
5- Enemies don't follow the throwN bone
6- Sometimes instantly gets up or dies when grabbing ledge

i went ahead and hexed off the eyelids and am currently using one of those bones as the ThrowN bone, so the pant leg no longer grows and shrinks with the shield, and the shield doesn't start off huge. the problem is that it starts pretty small. so 1 and mostly 2 are done.

for 3, i haven't seen any animation stretching yet, except for the side special aerial, which brings me to 4.

for 4, i have no idea why it's not working like it should. my easy tests failed to fix it, but i'll keep trying.

for 5, i think i have it done. the problem is that when i name the bone that i have designated as the ThrowN bone, many problems pop up. i have a few ideas on how to fix it if it is a problem, though.

and for 6, believe it or not, was a simple animation problem. when it kept happening even after i fixed the ThrowN BoneRef, i figured it had to be. the problem was very subtle, but the TransN had to be moved back by -3. after i did that, the problem was fixed. the only way i figured that out was by comparing Lucas's CliffWait animation to Klonoa's. i saw that he was moved back a tiny bit, so i tried moving Klonoa back a bit as well, and that's all it needed. the bones must have been overlapping stage collisions, that's why he could hang off thin platforms and act normally.

so i basically have 4 of the 6 things done so far. i'll fix the shield and send the files back, and i'll try getting the side special aerial to work as well, but that may take more time, but i'm not sure.
Thank you for your hard work. Welcome to the team. I've been working on getting the Up B and the Neutral B done. They are almost done. I hope you can fix the rest of the problems.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
awww, i feel loved :)

anyways, i got the shield to work... mostly. here's what it's currently looking like.

it's better than being really small and centered on his head, and much better than making his pant leg grow and shrink with the shield. i don't know why, but i couldn't get the shield to move at all. and if you want to tweak the size, in PSA, under the Attributes tab, it's the shield size. i put it to 10, and that's what's shown. it seems about right.

and i haven't figured out why the side special aerial is still being stupid, but i haven't been able to do anything on my hacking computer for the last few days because of a few viruses locking up my computer within minutes of me turning it on.

i sent you the files, and i'll keep working on the side special aerial problem.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yyyyyyaaaaaayyyyyy problems being fixed =]

hes looking more and more like a brawl character. If you figure out why side b isnt working maybe you could see if its the same problem as down areial throw D=

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Our gift to all the lovely followers of the Klonoa project; we will finally be releasing the beta!!!! Think of it as a new years gift <3

Thank Shock and Snoopy for all their hard work recently. Because of that we can just about release it.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Lol >=3 This is incorrect. That is now the Alpha cause Shock released it before we added the final fixes XD. Expect a beta soon though =3 Which will have the airSspecial fixed (Thanks to snoop yet again <3) and well errrr.... Not cheap as all hell.... Some more animations done, and most of the attacks hitboxes fixed as well.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah I noticed that the fixed model wasn't there, but I was completely blown away by the fact that it didn't freeze up for me at all. It works pretty well, except i find the side and down specials aren't really that "special", but still!

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I noticed that the fixed model wasn't there, but I was completely blown away by the fact that it didn't freeze up for me at all. It works pretty well, except i find the side and down specials aren't really that "special", but still!
What's wrong with them? O.o

Oh well. Well say goodbye to the lightning up-special and mr. saturn as well if everything goes as planned. And also the aerial over special is fixed.... I guess that's about it for updates. Or at least all that I'm going to tell you guys >=3

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I'm somewhat surprised that no one has commented on the beta release.

That being said, it seems pretty good, although I've only looked at the animations. My main criticisms lie in the animation speeds being weird for a couple attacks, namely FSmash and FAir (mostly FAir). They're a little slowly-animated (too many frames maybe). My suggestion for FAir to make it look better is to speed up the forward-flip ear swing bit, similar to Mario's FAir animation.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm somewhat surprised that no one has commented on the beta release.

That being said, it seems pretty good, although I've only looked at the animations. My main criticisms lie in the animation speeds being weird for a couple attacks, namely FSmash and FAir (mostly FAir). They're a little slowly-animated (too many frames maybe). My suggestion for FAir to make it look better is to speed up the forward-flip ear swing bit, similar to Mario's FAir animation.
I'm not quite sure about the FSmash (Although we sped that up right after the beta release) but the Fair is already exactly the same amount of frames as Mario's Fair, it even places the fist at the same spots during the attack. The reason it looks so slow is because the ear goes farther out. Basically the reason it looks slow is only because the attack itself is bigger. Once we make all of the attacks hit the right way, this will become more obvious.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... The thing is that at the actual part where he swings his ear, it needs to move fast for a second, as if there's a lot of force behind it. Otherwise it doesn't look like he's really moving it all that fast. Maybe it looks different ingame, but Video 9 and the animation preview in BrawlBox are what led me to feel this way.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I really like how Klonoa is turning out. The only thing that really bothers me is that he doesn't have animations for getting hurt, to he T-poses whenever he gets hit.

Top Bottom