• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...*headdesks continuously until he breaks the desk*

Well there goes my faith in this project. x_x
I kinda agree here. SAMUS??? You're better off with Lucas than... well, really any other character, except MAYBE Ness, if that'd work.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
whoa dont worry, nothing has changed. we are still completing this
That isn't the issue at all. Your reasons for picking Lucas were very good. To me, Samus is entirely random due to her having no real advantages for PSA development over Lucas (unless you really need that many articles), isn't at all like Klonoa in size or fighting style (which Lucas is), and is more popular to play as.

I was looking forward to this project because Klonoa would replace a character who was essentially the same as another, but I'm not giving up Samus for a totally different character.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
The reason being is because we can't find the PK fire or PK freeze. But now that you mentioned it I guess I'll go check the common files. Thanks.
Okay I checked the common PACs and I don't see PK Freeze or PK Fire anywhere. I really want to know where they are stored now.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
...*headdesks continuously until he breaks the desk*

Well there goes my faith in this project. x_x

I kinda agree here. SAMUS??? You're better off with Lucas than... well, really any other character, except MAYBE Ness, if that'd work.
That isn't the issue at all. Your reasons for picking Lucas were very good. To me, Samus is entirely random due to her having no real advantages for PSA development over Lucas (unless you really need that many articles), isn't at all like Klonoa in size or fighting style (which Lucas is), and is more popular to play as.

I was looking forward to this project because Klonoa would replace a character who was essentially the same as another, but I'm not giving up Samus for a totally different character.
Alright we won't replace Samus, sorry. We'll go with Lucas, if we can find his PK Freeze and PK Fire data, or someone else if anyone has any suggestions.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This. ALL of it.

And even if you wee to go through with it, think about the Final Smash. What're you gonna do about ZSS? -.o

And what exactly what data for it are you looking for? o_o

shock44

Smash Journeyman
This. ALL of it.

And even if you wee to go through with it, think about the Final Smash. What're you gonna do about ZSS? -.o

And what exactly what data for it are you looking for? o_o
I just said we aren't going to replace Samus anymore. And we are trying to locate where the model/texture data is for Lucas' PK Fire and PK Freeze so that we can change them into something else.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Samus?! But... why?

EDIT: Ohh nvm haha my page didnt refresh. Sowwy :3 Yeah Im fine with replacing Lucas

highfive

Smash Lord
Whoa.
Thread:

Page1:HYPE
Page2:HYPE
Page3:HYPE
Page4:HYPE
Page5:HYPE
Page6:MUTINY

All of you should be happy that some one is even doing this.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Whoa.
Thread:

Page1:HYPE
Page2:HYPE
Page3:HYPE
Page4:HYPE
Page5:HYPE
Page6:MUTINY

All of you should be happy that some one is even doing this.
Stupid logic. If they didn't want criticism, it wouldn't be posted here.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
not really... criticism is something, whining is another.
The fact of the matter is that if pk fire is not found then they don't have much of a choice BUT to replace samus.... or someone else that klonoa might fit on (but thats up to the team)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
not really... criticism is something, whining is another.
The fact of the matter is that if pk fire is not found then they don't have much of a choice BUT to replace samus.... or someone else that klonoa might fit on (but thats up to the team)
Well we are in need of someone with a tether recovery (not upB but Z) and at least 2 projectiles. so that leaves us with who, Lucas Samus TLink Link.

Lucas- sure if we can find the pkfire thing
Samus- not excatly the right height, and the FS could effect us somehow
Link- Sure but zero is already replacing him
TLink- would work out well, but a lot of people use him

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Well we are in need of someone with a tether recovery (not upB but Z) and at least 2 projectiles. so that leaves us with who, Lucas Samus TLink Link.

Lucas- sure if we can find the pkfire thing
Samus- not excatly the right height, and the FS could effect us somehow
Link- Sure but zero is already replacing him
TLink- would work out well, but a lot of people use him
Yes it's a hard decision. Anybody got any suggestions?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just said we aren't going to replace Samus anymore. And we are trying to locate where the model/texture data is for Lucas' PK Fire and PK Freeze so that we can change them into something else.
...That's it? THAT'S the only reason?

Pfft, just keep the **** thing and put it to good use. If you can't figure out where or how to replace it, then just leave it in there. No harm done with it there. XD

It's probably in the FitMotion though. That, or it's in Lucas' costume pcs/pac.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
...That's it? THAT'S the only reason?

Pfft, just keep the **** thing and put it to good use. If you can't figure out where or how to replace it, then just leave it in there. No harm done with it there. XD

It's probably in the FitMotion though. That, or it's in Lucas' costume pcs/pac.
your acting as if all our work is lost with the transition, absolutely nothing is lost.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I really don't mind if it replaces Samus, so long as he gets done and into the game in a good fashion.

You're going to have to choose a character and you honestly can't please everybody. So you might as well work with whatever is easiest.

There will obviously never be an ideal solution without a clone engine, and most of these projects are far off without proper bone editing and such so you're going to have to depend on further breakthroughs anyways.

I wish I could offer more to this project. Maybe a stage would be nice...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm not concerned about whether or not the work is lost at all. I'm concerned about whether it not it's still replacing Lucas, and only that. You already cleared that up though, so since he's still replacing him, there's no problem. :3

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I'm not on the team, but I thought I'd chip in about the articles.

After looking through various other character's effects and related files, there are many effects that do not have a model in the any of the character's files. They aren't in any common effect set, and they don't appear to be in any other files. You may just have to hex the article to use a different effect. I'm really curious about this setup, so I'll keep looking.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hmmm then go with toon link, its the best choice out of all of them since it'll cause less trouble for editing and like blank mauser said you can't please everybody... go for it

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
You guys decide. Everyone uses someone and when you say their character they're gonna get mad and say switch to someone else. At this rate you guys wont replace it over any character. This is why almas came up with the clone engine.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
You guys decide. Everyone uses someone and when you say their character they're gonna get mad and say switch to someone else. At this rate you guys wont replace it over any character. This is why almas came up with the clone engine.
Its not out though yet right?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There's the Alternate File Loader. Not a Clone Engine, and there's not even a fully working version of it. There's a slightly working version, but that's it. Plus it seems to only work with vBrawl, or won't work at all if someone is using a snapshot loader.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
hmmm then go with toon link, its the best choice out of all of them since it'll cause less trouble for editing and like blank mauser said you can't please everybody... go for it
Yeah, that might be a good idea. So until we figure out how to edit the PK Fire and PK Freeze we'll go with Toon Link.

Edit: Also about what Wave said earlier, if I were to just leave the PK Fire and PK Freeze there it would look really out of place with Klonoa. I mean I could probably try and swap out the article with another effect but what we need to make sure of is that Klonoa's projectile is green. It can't be a lightning bolt, or fire, or ice, or a snow flake effect. I am not sure how I would be able to swap the articles for a different effect and still make it green. I guess if we HAD to do Lucas we could use the ray gun shot cuz its green. Is it possible to edit how much damage the ray gun will do if I were to make it like Zero where he uses the superscope?

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Oh lord Klonoa is stellar. Just went through Phantomile again 'cause of this thread. And then an idea struck.

Think when there's a release I might be able to use the character for machinimation purposes? Credits to the creators of course.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh lord Klonoa is stellar. Just went through Phantomile again 'cause of this thread. And then an idea struck.

Think when there's a release I might be able to use the character for machinimation purposes? Credits to the creators of course.
you would have to ask namco, we in no way created klonoa.

In other words go right ahead.

Daviziu

Smash Rookie
I have the solution for the PK Fire Problem
you can remove the GFX via PSA

Open FitLucas.pac with PSA > to Sub Actions > Sub Action: 1D6 - Event List: Main > now remove "Generate Article: 1"

Violá no PK Fire
I've already test it

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Open FitLucas.pac with PSA > to Sub Actions > Sub Action: 1D6 - Event List: Main > now remove "Generate Article: 1"

Violá no PK Fire
I've already test it
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Now get back in the kitchen. D< *SMACKED* But what about PK Freeze? o.o And also about the replacing Toon Link thing. If you really wanna give up on Lucas that desperately, go for it. t least that'll be another annoying and pointless character gone. But you chose Lucas first, so I say stick with your original goal, especially now that we know your problem is solvable. :3

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Well, with our only four character choices, I think its down to Lucas or Toon Link. Toon Link already agrees with a lot of our moves. Hmmm.......

janfeae

Smash Apprentice

I stand by what I said and I meant the alternate file loader lol. Though i did forget about brawl+ and balanced brawl users.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
With all these projects having arguements over which character to replace, Phantom Wings is going to look like even more of an icon if he gets the Clone Engine working. He'll descend like a Ho-oh upon all brawl hacking forums. Then the bickering shall cease.

/wishful thinking

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

Violá no PK Fire
I've already test it
the problem wasn't getting rid of PK fire, its that they want to use it, but alter its appearance/effect.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Now get back in the kitchen. D< *SMACKED* But what about PK Freeze? o.o And also about the replacing Toon Link thing. If you really wanna give up on Lucas that desperately, go for it. t least that'll be another annoying and pointless character gone. But you chose Lucas first, so I say stick with your original goal, especially now that we know your problem is solvable. :3
actualy we chose luigi first, and the problem is only half solved o.o

but still thanks you very much for pointing us in the right direction Daviziu, I'm sure shock will be happy to hear this!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Toon Link would agree pretty well with Klonoa. Mainly because he has a sword and boomerang.

Don't know how much it would take to have Klonoa use his wind sword/hammer, but the boomerang at least is pretty feasible.

Top Bottom