• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Toon Link would agree pretty well with Klonoa. Mainly because he has a sword and boomerang.

Don't know how much it would take to have Klonoa use his wind sword/hammer, but the boomerang at least is pretty feasible.
I dont think klonoa having a sword/hammer was ever in our game plan :x

update: The grab glitch is gone... for now. Klonoa can grab and throw/ get grabbed and thrown.
Also, after re-doing it for the 3rd time. I finished klonoa's fsmash >.>

shock44

Smash Journeyman

update: The grab glitch is gone... for now. Klonoa can grab and throw/ get grabbed and thrown.
Also, after re-doing it for the 3rd time. I finished klonoa's fsmash >.>
Alright thats good that the throw glitch is fixed. Also I think we'll stick with lucas and just make PK Freeze and PK Fire be removed using PSA like what Daviziu said. I thought of doing that earlier but I didn't think it would work out but then I realized something. We are probably only going to use 2 articles and Lucas has 2 articles that we can edit. I think we will make the PK Thunder into a Muu for his Up B and the sheild into the Wind Bullet so that he has a projectile. Then we'll replace the thing that Lucas comes in on with Hewpoe.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah I figured, so I kinda threw it out there lulz. Anyways he did have those weapons in Klonoa Heroes and NamcoXCapcom. Toon Link pretty much has most of those too, but the boomerang and ring bullet are really the primaries.

Bringing in the Muu for Up-b would be pretty funny. Would he just disappear, burst into stars/crystals? WALK LIKE WADDLE DEES!?

Getting ahead of myself as far as coding is concerned, but yeah whatever works it sounds good.

Edit: He also had the wind shield/barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtsj69NeuM#t=1m16s

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I figured, so I kinda threw it out there lulz. Anyways he did have those weapons in Klonoa Heroes and NamcoXCapcom. Toon Link pretty much has most of those too, but the boomerang and ring bullet are really the primaries.

Bringing in the Muu for Up-b would be pretty funny. Would he just disappear, burst into stars/crystals? WALK LIKE WADDLE DEES!?

Getting ahead of myself as far as coding is concerned, but yeah whatever works it sounds good.

Edit: He also had the wind shield/barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtsj69NeuM#t=1m16s
Was that a scythe or hammer he pulled out?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Its really like a pointed mallet/bludgeoning weapon, not really sure what else to call it.

Better pic for reference:

Like a giant double-sided pick.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Its really like a pointed mallet/bludgeoning weapon, not really sure what else to call it.

Better pic for reference:
Like a giant double-sided pick.
That would be farely easy to vertex hack a hammer i guess.

Also I would really like some Move suggestions.

This is what i have, but it needs more ring attacks.

AAA- First hit with fist, Slap with the other hand with the ring and continue with momentum from slap to a turn around back handed hit with ear.

Utilt- Similar to Peach's Utilt. Raises Ring hand in the air and makes a small green enrgy burst

Ftilt- Similar to sonic's Ftilt. Instead of turning around and kicking behind him, Klonoa falls bacwards landing his hands and kicks fowards with his feet.

Dtilt- Similar to zeldas. slides one foot fowards on the ground, may cause tripping

Nair- Similar to olimar's nair. Klonoa spins around with his ears spinning around him ( kind of like zss's taunt. )

Uair- Weegees.

Fair- Similar to DK's instead of fists, Klonoa uses his ears to spike.

Dair- Weegees. (no spike)

Bair- Similar to ivysaurs's bair but with his ears instead.

Usmash- Similar to weegee's Utilt with his ring hand

Fsmash- Similar to Dk's Fsmash, istead with ears. Has a wind effect and pushes people away with about the same range as pit's up-b wind.

Dsmash- Jumps up a little bit and unleashes an energy burst into the ground

upB- Throws an enemy dowards to propel himself up. Random enemies, some might spike/some might send oponents sidesways/some might send oponents upwards.

bolded are set in stone.... kind of

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Its kinda late, but I'll try and make some suggestions.

Ftilt- Brings up ring barrier and does a horizontal swiping motion. Has a few frames where it reflects projectiles.

Dtilt- Trips them with his ears, lul.

Uair- Volleyball set(He did have a volleyball spin-off game).

Nair - Instant kick similar to Luigi's nair that pops them up(Doesn't kill) and only lasts a short while instead. Would go good with a floating recovery.

Dair - Either the nair idea Starwaffle posted or a dair like Yoshi's except Klonoa hovers slightly and the dair pops them upwards a bit.

Bair - Double sequence attack, first hit is his ear, second hit shoots a slightly ranged ring blast and blows them backwards. Chains like Snake's nair.

Usmash- Similar to Mario's Usmash or Peach's Melee Utilt, a headbutt where Klonoa hops slightly.

Dash Attack - A skid or slide of some sort that looks nice when canceled into his Usmash.

Side-B - A float/hover that moves him horizontally and can cancel into different things. It can cancel into an aerial or a grab where he footstools the opponent down, much like Diddy's side-b.

Up-B - Maybe when he throws down a moo, it can randomly be one of the exploding creatures that explode after a set time.

Neutral-B - Ring bullet projectile. Can be used in the air and shoots diagonally, knocks them upwards on contact.

Down-B - Wind Sword or hammer attack.

Maybe more some other time.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about Klonoa, but the rate of progress with you guys is amazing! I can't wait to see what is the finished product of what's essentially going to be the very first 100% new Brawl character! Keep it up!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about Klonoa, but the rate of progress with you guys is amazing! I can't wait to see what is the finished product of what's essentially going to be the very first 100% new Brawl character! Keep it up!
I think Zero is beating us atm.

updated! lots of progress this night. So much that it can't all fit on the board :D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nice, thats pretty steady progress.

Had another idea for Down-B: Klonoa spins rapidly with wind sword/hammer or simply his ears, and does a tornado similar to Luigi's. Give it IASA frames so he can cancel it into anything, however every 3rd time he uses it Klonoa will get dizzy. Player will have to keep track of uses.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol i did the guard/guardon/guardoff animations. Didn't feel like updating the op cuz they are very easy to make.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I kind of want to add gif animations of all the attacks, but then there would be no surprise.

What do you guys think? gifs or no gifs?

I would be able to get direct feedback instead of having to go back later change things.
but then again, no surprise ;-;

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I kind of want to add gif animations of all the attacks, but then there would be no surprise.

What do you guys think? gifs or no gifs?

I would be able to get direct feedback instead of having to go back later change things.
but then again, no surprise ;-;
I think that would be a very good thing, just so we can get a feel for how everything is going so far. If there's something really amazing you want to keep hidden, go right ahead.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
anyone know of a program to make it easier.

because right now i'd be prnt screening every frame, cropping, and compiling a gif.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
well theres this program called animget that takes screenshots for every different frame of an animation or video... but you can't crop the images until after it takes all the shots (you'd still have to do it manually) but the good part is that it only takes snapshots of a window you chose (meaning that you can simply make the model previewer window small so that the animation will be small and you dont even have to crop)

http://spritedatabase.net/downloads/animget.zip

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Wow, Klonoa is looking pretty good, keep it up you guys =)

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Attack11
Attack12
UTilt
Fsmash

and my favorite

SquatWait

Thats pretty much all the interesting ones so far.
Great work on the Fsmash and SquatWait! This animated gifs idea is a good way that we can get feed back on our animations. By the way StarWaffle once I have to sometime away from homework then I think I'll try and give my own help with the animations. Also I want to see if I can practice PSA by getting Klonoa's Fsmash to actually have the right hitboxes.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to be the bad guy and criticize, but I don't really like how his feet slide on the ground on those animations. Can't he let his feet stand still while attacking and going back to the wait animation? (not including fsmash: there his feet need to move obviously)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I think in-game it'd be more likely he'd be leaning forward to attack rather then his feet just sliding around.

I really like all the animations so far. One thing, I don't know how its usually done in Brawl but scaling the ears just a bit when he fsmashes would be nice. That or some other effect.

My favorites so far are utilt and the win/lose animations. Crouch one is pretty awesome too.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I think in-game it'd be more likely he'd be leaning forward to attack rather then his feet just sliding around.

I really like all the animations so far. One thing, I don't know how its usually done in Brawl but scaling the ears just a bit when he fsmashes would be nice. That or some other effect.

My favorites so far are utilt and the win/lose animations. Crouch one is pretty awesome too.
The ears in Fsmash are scaled to be bigger when he moves them out.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I don't want to be the bad guy and criticize, but I don't really like how his feet slide on the ground on those animations. Can't he let his feet stand still while attacking and going back to the wait animation? (not including fsmash: there his feet need to move obviously)
yeah, i guess i could make him slide less. Attack11 and 12 need to be updated anyhow, they are linked to his old wait1.

Thanks for the input

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
These are coming along very nicely. Sliding is kind of odd if he's moving a lot (Like in the end of Usmash), but if you're just pivoting feet a little it looks natural. Of course, I don't know what kind of limitations the bone structure has, so you may not have much choice. In any case, this is one of the most impressive new projects, in quality and speed of work.

Daviziu

Smash Rookie
I really want to help, so I'd like to (try to) make some animations.
Would make me happy!! :D
Also I have some Animation ideas but I can't explain them well in English

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
After watching some gameplay videos, I can say this:

Make his F-Throw like DK's, with the ability to carry around your enemies!

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i kinda of know who klonoa is i played a GBA game with him in it as a kid ... but yeah great job can't wait too see him fully animated with attacks/finalsmash walking/running perfect etc great job i will keep looking in on this XD good luck ^^

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Hey Klonoa team! Can ya help me out with the bone situation with my amy? Her Pinky grows enormous when she shields and she glitches across the screen and out of the match when she's grabbed, only jumping returns you back to the match after footstooling the person that grabbed you. I have only given her a TransN bone! Are there other bones I should definately give her?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah I was thinking his Fthrow should be like DK's, but didn't know how tough it would be.

It also obviously couldn't be as broken as the real game. Maybe he can shoot them a slight distance like Kirby's exhale.

Too bad we can't make the characters turn into giant inflated versions of themselves lol.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was thinking his Fthrow should be like DK's, but didn't know how tough it would be.

It also obviously couldn't be as broken as the real game. Maybe he can shoot them a slight distance like Kirby's exhale.

Too bad we can't make the characters turn into giant inflated versions of themselves lol.
Lol that'd be funny if we could. Do you think someone could figure out how to add new animations that trigger when Klonoa/Lucas picks up someone kind of like when Snake grabs someone? Or maybe there's an animation for when Lucas throws someone for each character and we could just change that one.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Well if WackaAlpaca or someone can help me learn how to animate correctly, I would LOVE to help you guys. I would love to help ANY team as long as I can get some help so I know what I'm doing.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Not worth an update but hey:

sorry i havnt been very much lately, iv'e been busy going to the olympics and whatnot

Top Bottom