• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
needs less starcraft

and just ftr, in brawl+, we're basically at a point where, despite not having achieved perfect balance, we can say that every character is viable at tourney levels of play. there may end up being top/middle/bottom tiers, but the difference between these tiers should be small enough to be negligible once player skill is taken into account. if im not mistaken, this level of balance is what P:M will be going for...but at this point, balance is secondary to recreating melee physics

of course, we could go for the SCAR FOR PREZ route, but weve got a bit of time before your next election...thisll be our backup plan, eh?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
needs less starcraft

and just ftr, in brawl+, we're basically at a point where, despite not having achieved perfect balance, we can say that every character is viable at tourney levels of play. there may end up being top/middle/bottom tiers, but the difference between these tiers should be small enough to be negligible once player skill is taken into account. if im not mistaken, this level of balance is what P:M will be going for...but at this point, balance is secondary to recreating melee physics

of course, we could go for the SCAR FOR PREZ route, but weve got a bit of time before your next election...thisll be our backup plan, eh?
THIS.

Priorities should be as follows:

1. (Near) perfectly replicating Melee's physics into the game.
2. Changing characters to Melee form (ganon's fair, falco's shine, damage percentages etc.)

At this point, we should more or less be playing Melee with Brawl graphics. Then, and only then, should balancing charaters take place imo.

Eggm

Smash Hero
THIS.

Priorities should be as follows:

1. (Near) perfectly replicating Melee's physics into the game.
2. Changing characters to Melee form (ganon's fair, falco's shine, damage percentages etc.)

At this point, we should more or less be playing Melee with Brawl graphics. Then, and only then, should balancing charaters take place imo.
I completely agree with this. You never know how the new characters in brawl would be vses other characters with perfect melee physics. Olimar might demoish marth, fox and sheik, but get murdered by GaW, Yoshi, and Ness for example. Changing everything up.

Edit : Also we should be able to have a bunch of new neutral stages too which could drastically change the game. Balance should be super far distant future.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Olimars not good good against marth in brawl iirc(its been awhile). I can't see him doing very well against him.

Do you plan on playing Yoshi Eggm? Your Yoshi *****. I plan on playing Olimar myself(not sure yet).

Eggm

Smash Hero
It was just an example not a prediction. I do'nt know a thing about the brawl characters.

Uhh. I hated yoshi in brawl. If they re add DJC and make him exactly like in melee we will see.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I completely agree with this. You never know how the new characters in brawl would be vses other characters with perfect melee physics. Olimar might demoish marth, fox and sheik, but get murdered by GaW, Yoshi, and Ness for example. Changing everything up.

Edit : Also we should be able to have a bunch of new neutral stages too which could drastically change the game. Balance should be super far distant future.
Well, we can't all work on the physics, so some of us are arranging the moveset/animations in their ideally balanced version, and the others are working on the physics. Once the physics are down pat, we have a lot less work to do on the characters.

FYI, Yoshi can already DJC. I don't know if he feels like melee quite yet, but hes made progress =P.

Yeah, there are going to be a LOT more available stages for Neutral/CP.

-DD

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
It was just an example not a prediction. I do'nt know a thing about the brawl characters.

Uhh. I hated yoshi in brawl. If they re add DJC and make him exactly like in melee we will see.
try conditional DJC - release jump to djc, hold to perform a rising aerial

not to mention we've already got a fix for melee eggs

melee yoshi is coming back, my friend.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I'm afraid that the brawl exclusive characters are going to be hard to balance with the Melee physics.
I have high hopes for this though!

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
In theory, this game could become amazing and a great successor to melee. The Brawl engine is far more advanced than Melees, its just the Brawl designers created a not so great game with it. Hopefully this will change that.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sonic can wavedash/land out of spindashes/jumps/up B. And he can cancel homing attack into any aerial (before the HA even hits, so he can just like...move with it)

Pit can waveland out of his up B (which has a RIDICULOUS amount of pushback btw :p)

I am a happy man.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
because no matter how hard you work on brawl, it will never be as good as melee
I just don't understand this attack on P:M. Melee is going on nine years old. We all wanted something new, and Brawl failed us. So the P:M guys are trying to provide the best of both worlds: Brawl characters and stages with Melee (or as close to Melee as possible) gameplay.

I think it's a fantastic goal, even if they don't get there 100%. At the very least, all of their hard work deserves a "Let's wait and see how it turns out" approach instead of a knee-jerk "DUR PLAY MALAY" response.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why are so many people so dumb? "why not just play melee?" is the stupidest thing ever. If this is exactly like melee in nearly every way, then why play melee? This will be melee with more characters and stages >_>.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It won't be exactly like melee, but thats hardly a bad thing. Some people just have to stop being gay with the whole "its different so it must be bad" mentality. Just keep an open mind and try it. If it sucks, it sucks, but you can't say anything until you've tried it.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've got a very urgent question.

Can you do things to stages like make the ceiling higher etc? This would make a lot of banned CP's viable again.

Sonic can wavedash/land out of spindashes/jumps/up B. And he can cancel homing attack into any aerial (before the HA even hits, so he can just like...move with it)

Pit can waveland out of his up B (which has a RIDICULOUS amount of pushback btw :p)

I am a happy man.
Sonic sounds like taokaka from Blazblue

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you do things to stages like make the ceiling higher etc? This would make a lot of banned CP's viable again.
Yeeeeep. We can change almost anything about a stage (except for knockback of hazards... haven't cracked that stuff yet). So Corneria can already (just an example) be fixed to be how it was in Melee (bigger ship, the right boundaries etc).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
get rid of Captain Falcon's annoying sound effect when he dashes. I don't want to give my opponent a notice every time I dash dance.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeeeeep. We can change almost anything about a stage (except for knockback of hazards... haven't cracked that stuff yet). So Corneria can already (just an example) be fixed to be how it was in Melee (bigger ship, the right boundaries etc).
How about making that ceiling higher, doing the same for stages like green greens

So it's actually a fair stage =D

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
We can do that too.

Oh, and I know people were talking earlier about hom brawl characters are bigger in comparison to stages than they were in melee...

Their plan is to make the stages themselves bigger.

Oh, and let's just say that there are a few more advance techs to worry about in P:M (coughairglidetossingcough) that might benefit the melee characters (coughPeach,Link,Y.Linkcough)

But this thread is kind of a couple months early <_<
:p

Top Bottom