• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
lol I was only joking
Man, people need to be more specific about their jokes here. You can't tell it's a joke cause you can't hear the emotion of the text ¬_¬;

In anycase, The knee should have forward momentum. KNEECOVERY. /randomness

But seriously, since this also adds 64 elements, is Kirby gonna be more 64-like? Is it a bad idea to put 64 Z-cancelling instead of Melee L-Cancelling? Is this gonna have the super wavedash?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Z canceling is broken.

In 64, if you get your shield hit once, you can consider it popped since Z-cancelling let people pressure so hard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Right now samus and the links have a sort of super wave land. When you airdodge and then use the Zair you get bonus momentum and then land with no lag. You can even use the momentum for recovery (i think it only works effectively with samus) and because the zair doesn't make you helpless in the air, you can continue bomb jumping or upbing or w/e you want. Samus is my current main (until shanus adds landing lag to zair XD)

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if you guys could make Marth have a complete alternate costume like Wario does. What I'm talking about is that I don't like the Brawl Marth's appearance compared to the Melee one, he just looks so weird T_T. You can keep the brawl Marth costume in, but could you also input an option where we can change to the Melee Marth's look? O_o

This request is probably easy sauce programming for you guys. lol :D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
brawl has tons of texture hacks. For example, one of marth's is sephiroth. The texture hacking possibilities for brawl are almost endless; they can basically edit anything on the character, whether its the texture or physical parts of the character (like, say, remove falcon's scarf). Check out http://stacksmash.kontek.net/ for more brawl (and melee) texture information.

Yeah, i'm in the P:MBR mostly as a tester, but i'm trying to learn how to do the hacks themselves.

Back on what i was talking about samus; While the airdodge zair is really good and leads into other moves, her missiles take a little while to come out and her close range moveset is really lacking. I'd currently list her as low tier or bottom of mid, but top tier for fun :D

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Model importing is done. Now we just need to figure out how to convert any model to MDL0 format and we may see Melee Ganondorf in the future.

Also off-topic, but related to a past post here. Zero's TvC model is in Brawl

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I don't mind him so much as Melee Fox just looks MUCH better. Like he'd eat a baby...

Brawl Fox would just cuddle -_-

Though I think model importing of Melee versions should come much later when model imports start looking polished and other stuff like physics are taken care of.

pkmaximum

Smash Cadet
Interesting project I'm curious how this project is going to progress, I'm skeptical though just from pessimistic nature as a pretty dedicated melee player.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I thought I might bump this because of this:

shanus said:
I'd like to open the opportunity to accept a few more "SKILLED MELEE PLAYERS" into the mix for feedback. Please send me a PM with preferably some form of proof as to your level of melee experience (vids would be nice).

Progress is coming along very well.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm pretty sure when the new trailer comes out showing the epic changes it'll generate much more hype. Who knows. MLG might pick up Project M next time:chuckle:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@Shanus
I hear Sveet has it
I beat him in a cig money match recently
Also My team beat his in teams 2-1

haha

I want in.....
=D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wait what? RM in that cig match? i'll raaape ya :p
and when did you beat us in teams? was that when we went pikachu puff for the set?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hi Wind Owl. On the IRC i spent many an hour wondering if your name was Wind0w 1 or Wind Owl. So hard to tell in IRC font.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've said this in the other thread, but I'm really looking forward to playing as Ike in a Melee-style game. Keep up the good work guys.

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
I like how this is called Project M.

And the new metroid game is called Other M.
It makes it seem like this is a legit thing, and the other is some side project.

Top Bottom