• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M] Pixel CSS for Project M 2.5 version 1.0

Kneato

Totoro Joe
You're welcome and I fixed my after battle portraits so if you want I can upload them for you? As well as for everyone else.

Edit: Here you go. These are the After Battle Portraits. http://www.mediafire.com/?fv6l62ci7vaea4y

Edit2: Unfortunately this is the old one without your latest update but at least it could help save you some time in updating you're pack.
Thank you very much. Literally as I was fixing the ABP's I ran into a major issue. I can't save. Anything. At all. I have no idea whats wrong. I've uninstalled, reinstalled brawlbox, reinstalled microsoft net framework, run as administrator, used difference bbox versions, tried different file types, restart the computer, everything. I can save as, but any time I try to just save I get the following: "Unable to open file for write access". In versions of bbox .65 and earlier I get that the file is in use and can't be saved.

Really need some help here if anyone knows whatsup.

Dannyo15

Smash Rookie
Haha you know I had the exact same issue. The problem I think is that we cant edit the CSP's by clicking on it and changing the values. We have to export them and then replace them. When we replace them that's when we can change the values. Trust me I was frustrated with that issue too.

Edit: Actually if i'm right about the way you edited the files, if you check them again the values will be back to the way they were before you edited them even though you saved as.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Haha you know I had the exact same issue. The problem I think is that we cant edit the CSP's by clicking on it and changing the values. We have to export them and then replace them. When we replace them that's when we can change the values. Trust me I was frustrated with that issue too.
Nono, its not csp's. Its every brawlbox filetype I've tried. And I don't even change values, I'll open the file, click save, and it will give me errors.

It's completely out of the blue. I've changed nothing. I was editing the ABP's, I did mario's, I did DK's and then I tried link and it gave me the error. And now EVERYTHING gives me the error.

Dannyo15

Smash Rookie
Hmm the only thing I can think of is re-downloading your pack and trying again. But if its every single file even those that are not in your pack then I don't really know what's wrong.

Edit: Okay found something out. You said when you went and didn't change values and then clicked save it gave you that error. Well Brawl Box doesn't let you click save if you haven't changed anything. So I suggest going back and trying the APB for Link. Also how exactly did you go about changing Link's when that happened.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
While I was playing yesterday, I noticed DKs sprite shifting around as I cycled through colors on this screen

If you want me to, I'll check through everyone so I can make a list of the people who shift, if there's anyone else.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
While I was playing yesterday, I noticed DKs sprite shifting around as I cycled through colors on this screen

If you want me to, I'll check through everyone so I can make a list of the people who shift, if there's anyone else.
Thanks for the offer, however this is an issue I know about and cannot fix. DK, DDD, and I think Bowser all have this problem. It stems from the fact that their source images were much larger than the rest of the cast's so I couldn't resize them by 200% like I did with everyone else which kept their pixely look and exact same dimensions. I had to do it by 150% and fake the pixel effect. But each portrait's costume came out just a little bit distorted, and all uniquely so, making putting them in the exact same positions impossible as each image's shape became unique.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Great job Kneato, better then what I did, I'm gonna put this on the main post. Maybe we could both make a Pixel Menu ;) Also, if there's anything you need help on just ask.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Updated the Pixel Pack with SilentDoom's suggestion.

Once again, the DL link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31486
any way to add roy and Mewtwo version of those Pixel Battle Portraits and After Battle Protraits?

(i've got mewtwo over lucario and roy over pit in 2.5b)

EDIT: I tried importing the char_bust_tex_lz77 section from the file I quoted into my common5.pac and all the images have a MIP level of 4 and are glitched ingame with weird discoloration. When exporting them 1by1 and replacing them 1by1 with a MIP level of 1 they are fixed but eventually it made the filesize of the common5.pac too small... any way to fix this?

radiogiraffe

Smash Rookie
I love this pixel art CSS but the CSP textures seem glitched and especially the After Battle Portraits.

The CSPs seem to be noticeably transparent with slight glitched texture and the After Battle Portraits are just garbled glitched mess of the texture.

I used this Pixel pack before and it worked correctly so I don't know what's wrong.

EDIT: Now it's freezing my wii when i try to join a wifi room. :l
EDIT2: The After Battle Portraits from Dannyo15 work perfectly but the CSP are still a problem.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Thanks Syrup, Apples, Shun, Kneato, and anybody else I missed.

I use this CSS now, and *heart* it like two New Delhi discos during dawn to dusk

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry everyone for that huge delay, but the After Battle Portraits are all fixed! I'm gonna say this is the final version I will be releasing.

DL Link once again: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31486
just got around to downloading this version, and the ABP don't seem fixed at all. In fact, they just seem to be screwed up on a far more consistent basis, as opposed to depending on your placing.

:'(

Dannyo15

Smash Rookie
You're welcome and I fixed my after battle portraits so if you want I can upload them for you? As well as for everyone else.

Edit: Here you go. These are the After Battle Portraits. http://www.mediafire.com/?fv6l62ci7vaea4y

Edit2: Unfortunately this is the old one without your latest update but at least it could help save you some time in updating you're pack.
Use this for the glitched ABPs

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Just a curious question if the pixel battle portraits will be added or updated from the original one? (the one without names, rhombus-shaped border, and tilted percentage counter)

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
This looks so good, except now MetaKnight looks like brawl and sticks out from the rest. Will there be an MK one soon?

Also, for Kneato's last post, where do I put the Project M pixel pack .rar file?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
While I have absolutely nothing to officially do with this CSS, it is by far my favorite and I've managed to put together one for my 2.6 game based upon both this and another Pixel Pack created by Kneato and Royalsyrup. It looks really good, though I only specifically use the CSS portion as my CSPs are a different theme altogether. If anyone is interested, I could put up both a named/nameless version for of mine til they release an official version?

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Alright, I think I'm going to try to update the pack for 2.6. To do list includes Metaknight and Sonic recolors. Headcount, are the ABP's in the latest version still screwed up for everyone?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
The after battle portraits work perfectly for me :)
You don't need to bother with meta knight recolours, they are already included in the pixel pack and none have been changed in P:M.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
The after battle portraits work perfectly for me :)
You don't need to bother with meta knight recolours, they are already included in the pixel pack and none have been changed in P:M.

Sorry I meant add meta knight in and do sonic's recolors. I haven't worked with this project in a while and thought I already put metaknight's CSP etc in common5 of the last version but it looked like some people don't have it. I'm at work right now, can anyone confirm if metaknight has a proper pixel CSP or not?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I meant add meta knight in and do sonic's recolors. I haven't worked with this project in a while and thought I already put metaknight's CSP etc in common5 of the last version but it looked like some people don't have it. I'm at work right now, can anyone confirm if metaknight has a proper pixel CSP or not?
I can confirm. My pixel pack includes every character and functions without error. If people are having trouble then they should try downloading this

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
I love this so much, it's literally my favorite menu/art/whatever mod. Is there any chance we could get it working with normal brawl? I think the only thing you'd have to add is pokemon trainer. I tried it and everything worked except it would freeze when you hover your token over pokemon trainer.

It could even just be a combination of the 3 pokemon so no more art needs to be made, just technical stuff.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I love this so much, it's literally my favorite menu/art/whatever mod. Is there any chance we could get it working with normal brawl? I think the only thing you'd have to add is pokemon trainer. I tried it and everything worked except it would freeze when you hover your token over pokemon trainer.

It could even just be a combination of the 3 pokemon so no more art needs to be made, just technical stuff.
For Brawl you say...it doesn't have the Pixel CSPs, but...

Will that do?

The above download WILL NOT WORK for Project M. Further more, this isn't actually a finished design

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would personally like this over the current Project: M select screen because you could tell them apart. However we would also need a Zero Suit Samus, each of the Pokemon, and Mewtwo and Roy.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
For Brawl you say...it doesn't have the Pixel CSPs, but...

Will that do?

The above download WILL NOT WORK for Project M. Further more, this isn't actually a finished design

The CSPs are half of the cool though haha. On second thought don't worry about this! I'll probably stop playing Brawl when 4 comes out and I've been playing P:M anyway. Thanks though!

Do you have plans to update for 3.0? Or will your current 2.6 work for it?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The CSPs are half of the cool though haha. On second thought don't worry about this! I'll probably stop playing Brawl when 4 comes out and I've been playing P:M anyway. Thanks though!

Do you have plans to update for 3.0? Or will your current 2.6 work for it?
I will be updating for 3.0. The 2.6 one will not work and likely cause freezes.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Is this dead? I was really looking forward to a 3.0(2) version of this. This is definitely my favorite CSS mod.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I think in this very thread I'd actually made my own set of Roy and Mewtwo Pixel CSSs? Idk if anyone has used them or not but feel free to, until this is updated officially.

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
RIP in pieces Pixel CSS ;_;7

I was really looking forward to the 3.0 version of this.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
:( Is this project still in the works or is it really over?

*Throws Phoenix Down*

Edit: Oh crap, his HDD...

Last edited:

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but this project is indeed dead. The artwork is not original, it was created by Abysswolf for a different project. Because he created sprites based off of brawl, he doesn't have artwork for Mewtwo or Roy, along with any other clone engine characters that may be created. Unless someone convinces him to make more sprites for this project, there isn't anything more that can be done.

Top Bottom