• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
What a day to be a Ganon main :]

Although, I think everyone giving him a bit too much credit. He has buffs but they aren't ridiculous, just bring him on the field. We still have a crap grab and d-throw chains don't work after a percent. Oh and aerial Wiz kick still have a crotch-box (or knees lol). And we have a less stylish DACUS (I think it's a tighter window too).

Float is a really good addition and it was obviously worked on hard. The DMV is rewarding when done but hard to do. It's gonna take time for it to weave it's way into my play style but I welcome the changes. :)

#Ganada #GanonNation #WeComing

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
removing qac and squritles withdraw turnaround are both anti-cheese measures

pika and squirtle are still good but not they're not overcentralized on those cheesy movement options

meanwhile DDD is still a character made up solely of grab cheese
Pika's movement options were really necessary and still are imo. Like, they didn't just take QAC out of the picture essentially but they also gave him heavy lag if he hits the ground with QA, regardless of any inputs after, just like in Melee. Originally I thought the aim here was to bring the game overall back to Melee like design and keep the good things that happened in Brawl. I do feel like they've done that well now, Charizard is my secondary and even with his nerfs he still puts up a great fight.

Pika losing a core movement option like that in the way he did wasn't necessary, because he really needs it. His grab range is terrible but it's made up with really good throw options, he has a great usmash and fsmash, but dsmash is only situational and I won't talk about dash attack. Nair is great, fair can sheild poke, bair is also great and dair is good with spacing/offstage. But QAC gave him a really good tool to help his overall game that is arguably lacking, and he can very easily be played without relying on it, but still having it as a tool. I'm not upset about QAC nerfs as much as I'm upset about how they did it. I remember in Melee one of the things that made him specifically not that good from my experience was how heavy he felt despite actually being very light and easy to kill. His game really hinges on his speed, not as much as say Sonic but much more than most of the cast. Nerfing QAC is fine but the nerf imo should have been a limit on how often it can be done, say like never after a double jump or having a cooldown time, or even both. But taking its functionality and options away was really a knife to Pika's game imo and it made all the practicing and skill people put into it pretty much evaporate. The amount of options from a one-zip QA, not to mention while having a much tighter window to do it, are incredibly limited to the point of being almost useless. Most options he could have from a one-zip QA he could likely do better with another option or a regular aerial. Combine that with lag almost as long as Melee's if you even touch the ground with a two-zip QA or a one-zip with no input and it brings Pika down a lot farther than was really necessary.

In the end, yes QA nerfs are fine and needed since everyone's recovery got nerfs. But the amount of nerfs he got, specifically the Melee ground-QA lag and the one-zip QAC, were too severe for a character that was never really a top tier after 64 to begin with. (I believe he was B tier in Brawl? Correct me if I'm wrong). Restrictions, cooldown time, small frame window on QAC but keeping it possible on the second zip and at the very least a reduction in the lag that happens if you ground QA (if not removal entirely) is what I think would have been the better way to do this.

Yes, technical skill req's just got real in PM. But no, this kind of a nerf to Pika wasn't the way to do it.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Wow this is the best update by far.

Sonic players threatening to quit pm all together

Brawl players claiming that Fox and Falco are the only viable characters

Lucas mains getting exposed (rip Lucas)

Ivysaur mains using down throw and raging when it doesn't auto combo into up b

Mario players thinking that their character is low tier because they can't cc pill spam their way to victory

Link mains still insisting that their character is low tier

Ganondorf players having a field day

Mk players arguing that their character is terrible

Meanwhile I'm over here, missile camping with Samus and playing Pikachu the exact same way and pretty much beating all the ex top tiers. It feels so good to watch everyone get exposed one by one, BEST UPDATE BY FAR <3 PMDT

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
This is a good update. I hope they add more characters for 4.0. (Specifically the rest from melee that aren't in, just so it's complete with all the characters.) It would be cool if we started seeing characters from smash 4, if that's possible (Obviously not any time soon)

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
2 things:

1. Anyone else desyncing on the wifi build?

2. Which file is Bowser's custom victory theme? I hear a little victory tune, but I don't recognize it and the file doesn't show up in the "songs replaced" list?

iLink

Smash Champion
No I got it working on CFG. Remember to set your hooktype to AXNextFrame.
Tried that but my music randomly stops playing and the game freezes after playing 1 match.

Tried the exact same SD card on someone's wii using the disk and everything seems to be fine so not sure what the issue could be. Had 3.02 running fine the day prior.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
nope, DACUS timing windows are a universal 2 frames now, remember?
Windows smindows, I just dash down c-stick up and z and see what happens looool

And maybe the new animation is getting me down. Seriously have you guys seen it? It looks ...odd.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Going through event matches no glitches so far.

I love the new Summit/Infinite Glacier. Do Ice Climbers have less wavedash distance in event 17?

And why is #22 so hard? The knockback thing is ridiculous Based Issac saves the day. Phew

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My friend's thinking about quitting Ness because PK Fire doesn't activate on shield anymore.

I love you PMDT.
I did that to a player in my area after I told everyone how to DI it then he dropped Ness for Sonic and later Olimar and this was back in 3.02. It was funny at the time but Ness experience is always good.

Also whoever did the Sigurd Marth alt good stuff cause holy crap Sigurd Marth in action IS PRETTY LIKE A MOFO.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
And maybe the new animation is getting me down. Seriously have you guys seen it? It looks ...odd.
Yeah, it does. It kind of reminds me of Melee though, except due to Melee's graphics it was more crisp. They definitely tweaked things in general to be more like Melee, it feels heavier, sharper, just a lot of little things that resemble the feel of it. Tech skill in PM too real tho. :p

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll prolly get use to it over time.

Idk if I like it on Ganon though :/ You're right, it does look heavy. I also question how the ole lull moves his body like that loool

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Wow this is the best update by far.

Sonic players threatening to quit pm all together

Brawl players claiming that Fox and Falco are the only viable characters

Lucas mains getting exposed (rip Lucas)

Ivysaur mains using down throw and raging when it doesn't auto combo into up b

Mario players thinking that their character is low tier because they can't cc pill spam their way to victory

Link mains still insisting that their character is low tier

Ganondorf players having a field day

Mk players arguing that their character is terrible

Meanwhile I'm over here, missile camping with Samus and playing Pikachu the exact same way and pretty much beating all the ex top tiers. It feels so good to watch everyone get exposed one by one, BEST UPDATE BY FAR <3 PMDT
Don't worry people will flock to the new top tiers dawg.

Also what's a good comparison update of 3.5 to another FG. SF4 AE to AE 2012 to USF4, SCV 1.01 to 1.02, Tekken 5.0 to Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Soul Calibur 3 to Soul Calibur Arcade Edition I need a good comparison here?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Whoever said earlier in thread Samus wasn't high tier in 3.02, she definitely was really good already, it's not just ESAM. She has every tool she needed to win, just had it pretty bad versus a lot of the top tiers.

Staying relatively the same in 3.5 while they didn't, plus much more consistent missile cancelling, this is just a slaughter.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whoever thought of Event 19, please stand up.

Don't be afraid, I won't bash your head in with an actual "Metal Box". I promise. ¦D

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE OOT GANONDORF!

Now you can combo into fair/dair/bair/upair thanks to hover.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Project M 3.5 a.k.a salt trucks of light and darkness featuring frauds, heroes, tier whores, character loyalist, melee heads, Brawl heads, PM heads and the purification of all that is jank and grimey featuring pimp suit Ganondorf as he comes to power with a cigar in hand as he light it up with darkness.

EDIT: This could be an anime lol.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm so happy the majority of the cast got nerfed. This needed to happen.
And my main got straight up buffed, LOL.

Time to go read all the salt in the character boards :D

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I also forgot to mention it in my post earlier, but thanks for the Pika-like semi-spike on Zamus' first hit of Utilt. I can't wait to try hitting it at a tournament LOOOL

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lmao I give up the subreddit is a ****ing disaster. Apparently someone posted a suicide video whilst I was at work.
What? In regards to 3.5?

Light press air dodge still exists, as well as custom buffer in the Wifi set. Those two are the most important.
Early aerials you couldn't do in Melee (like Falco's SH AC Uair and Marth's SH Bair Fair/Uair/Dair) still exist; which may be the third most important.
and finally: C-stick MW still exists.

The longer wavedashes are weird but make the game faster it seems, with Cfalc especially.
Marth, Cfalc, Ganon, Wolf: they all feel like kinda of fast/good. Wolf's laser has better landing detection or somethin.

Hits overall are a lot weaker often kind of like in Melee, don't know the exact things going to get this effect.

Lol I'm gonna miss 100+ people in this thread.

I hope most of the global DACUS don't become super useful, SBad uses them so much it actually starts to look distastefully over-useable lol

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Project M 3.5 a.k.a salt trucks of light and darkness featuring frauds, heroes, tier *****s, character loyalist, melee heads, Brawl heads, PM heads and the purification of all that is jank and grimey featuring pimp suit Ganondorf as he comes to power with a cigar in hand as he light it up with darkness.

SSE is actually fun now. Those cheap *** enemies aren't so bad when I can actually move and do what I want.
Looking forward to trying that out.

But in the mean time~ *continues raging at Event 25*

Sonic seems better
Better how? I'm sure not seeing it.

Last edited:

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I mained Lucas and why did you do this? He lost some of the soda pop fizz on his attacks. It wasn't bad enough Sakurai cut him from Smash 4, you had to do this to him too? *Cries*

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
How do you select more than one character in All-Star Versus?

Also, I tried debug mode and ended up getting a lot of weird things: fixed camera, vanishing stock/damage counters, etc. What L and/or R + directions do what?

Top Bottom