• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
The only problems I've had with SSE are when the camera becomes fixed for boss battles and enemy "gauntlets," often it gets fixed in a way that I can't see the edges of the field and as a result it's hard to recover when I'm knocked off.

Also, Squirtle can't seem to use Bubble...?

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It'd be nice to be able to see IASA frames in debug mode. Right now you kind of have to fish for frame data while playing.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
God damn I love 3.5

I feel sorta bad, because all the players around my level in az had their characters nerfed except ganon and lucario players

And I'm sitting here with a big net buff for wolf, negligible changes for fox, and a much more interesting diddy with a much stronger punish game. Even my other characters I mess around with, Rob, Gnw, peach and falcon, all got pretty exclusively buffed. 3.5 is a great patch for me lol
Lol you have jackpot characters, Wolf gonna be #1 in 3.5

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, why Sartron has no problem adding Auto L-Cancel to PM Builds but won't just share out the code so people can do it themselves immediately and not wait ages for him to do it is beyond my understanding.

I'd really love to have an Auto L-Cancel build right now for when I play with my friends. That, or for when I'm just feeling tired or lazy. lol

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I have the day off today (good because I worked late yesterday), so... BRSTM day?!

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad What's the list for early double aerials as Marth?

Debate is over L cancel stays long live muhlay
In a SH-
Ones that can only L-cancel: Dair
Ones that can auto cancel only: Uair, Nair

Ones that can do actions after: Fair, Bair
[ It goes without saying that 1 frame of actionable'ness allows them to be Wavelanded out of, DJ'ed out of, and AGT'd out of]

Fair -> Every aerial [And Special attacks like Side-b]

Bair -> Fair, Uair, Dair [And Special attacks like Side-b]

In Melee all Bair can do in a SH is DJ, not even WL because you can't AD through IASA in Melee. PM has some kind of global height increase than Melee, that allows various Melee characters to do actions they can't in Melee [Fox's SH Bair AC, Falco's SH Uair AC, Jiggly SH Bair Nair etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixZR3-YiMw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=56 Covers them all but WL/AGT/Specials

Instances:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1J176yjTN8#t=90 Bair Fair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1J176yjTN8#t=54 Bair Fair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gyIS-HdUgw Bair Fair/Uair/Side-b (missing Dair?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9EllNfEZ-8#t=867 Bair Uair

Extra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGHCzl_RMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5Sfu-v1nU

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol you have jackpot characters, Wolf gonna be #1 in 3.5
right? Like last week I made a post in the tier list thread saying wolf will never be as good as other spacies because he relies on setups and can't force his way in

Bam, wolf now has a blaster that forces his way in

My prediction for top tier in no particular order: Wolf, Mewtwo (He's still super godlike guys, I love him) fox, lucario, samus, then probably high tier marth/shiek and pit, plus diddy and others

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Looking around the new stages for easter eggs is fun.
In Metal Cavern, there's a sign that reads "To read a sign, stand in front of it and press B. Like you did just now." In Summit, there's a polar bear sunbathing under the stage on the water. Deeper in the water, there's a misplaced texture/model of what I assume to be a piece of iceberg. There's also Tingle in Hyrule Castle and the Dedede icon under Dreamland, of course.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Someone asked me to explain it on Reddit so I'll just post that here as well:

This is a combination of brawl/melee/PM techs. I do a handoff to the AI and immediately jump knowing the AI will Uthrow since I'm in the middle of the stage. I spike boswer and miss my L-cancel on purpose so that during my landing lag I can input a dair for the AI who is jumping back up to me. Similar to brawl the AI will latch onto me at a certain range and sort of float in the air. I use dair as it has the most active frames of their moves to force bowser into using his get-up animation to use invincibility to try and dodge the dair. While I do this I run off the platform and dair making sure not to fast fall. The AI's dair combos into my dair and I only L-cancel my dair so that the AI starts their downsmash at the same time I do resulting in a kill.
Hylian
Don't take this the wrong way but
I think I love you

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
The more I play Wolf, the more I really like him. The more I play Lucas, I rekindle the flames of what we had in 3.02, but I don't know if what I feel is true.

I'm in a love triangle here.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I honestly do not understand why some people are really struggling with debug inputs. Only thing not in the instruction picture is that when Debug is on, Pause input is now X+dpad up. Live and die by this pic:

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It should be added that start freezes, and Z advances one frame.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I honestly do not understand why some people are really struggling with debug inputs. Only thing not in the instruction picture is that when Debug is on, Pause input is now X+dpad up. Live and die by this pic:
I literally have that pic right on my desktop. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't know the inputs, toast.

Might just be my controller, but urg

EDIT: Reset the controller and it works, heh

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Nobody normal would spend so much time getting as good as possible at a game for no real reward

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Was Distant Planet shrunken again, or is it just the new model making it look smaller?

Because I like it now. It finally feels reasonably-enough sized to be a real stage.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Was Distant Planet shrunken again, or is it just the new model making it look smaller?

Because I like it now. It finally feels reasonably-enough sized to be a real stage.
IIRC it's only an aesthetic change.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Has anyone noticed the AI has improved phenomenally? Turn on a level nine Falco, Fox, or Wolf. These guys are all over the place
I realize this post was many pages ago but a level 7 Falco did shine -> shine -> bair on me, as fast as inhumanly possible. I was astounded.

iLink

Smash Champion
Welp I think I'm boned

Spent the better part of yesterday trying to get 3.5 to work. I have to run the game through configurable usbloader because my wii can't read disks anymore. The day before 3.5, I was able to run 3.02 just fine with no issues. Replaced everything with 3.5 and now the in-game music cuts off after a few seconds and then the game completely freezes after 1 match is played. I tried the exact same SD card on a wii that uses a disk and everything works fine. Tried all hook types on the usbloader and none of them seemed to make a difference. If it matters, my game on the usb has most of the single player content cut in order to fit on my 8gb flash drive, although 3.02 worked fine.

Not sure what else I could possibly try

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just to ask real quick since I didn't see anything on the site, are there any major differences between 3.02 Battlefield and 3.5 Battlefield? Do I need to update any custom versions from the last one?

Top Bottom