• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Sonic at the very bottom of alot the tier lists is funny to me. Especially considering the few who've got good with the characters have looked nearly unstoppable. I think it's a matter of what you can/can't do right now with the characters.

For example the very first time I played Ike I got nearly 4 stocked and I was like...**** this guy, his recovery sucks, he sucks.. rage-quit..never playing again! I tried him again 2 weeks later after I got comfortable with some characters that felt easier to use initially and I started discovery strengths buried among his weaknesses. Now I'm pretty sure he's good enough to be Captain Falcon Tier in melee. I'm not sure where that would be in Project M yet.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey guys, today is Zenith and you all probably know most of the PMBR is going (JCaesar's crew, Toaster twins, Magus, Ryoko, SOJ, Vanguard, and I think a few more) to promote Project M. However, there's also going to be an event for Project M there today and Chibo is going to stream part of the bracket later today.

You can catch the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/ChiboSempai

Melee is gonna be on it most of the day but keep your eyes peeled!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Melee's going to be on it most of the day?

That's disappointing. Especially with such a strong showing from the PMBR.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Melee is a fun game too.. to watch and to play.

Dunno why you would complain about something like that.

It's not like it's BRAWL that we're forced to watch, now is it? lol

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know what to do if all that plays is static when you replace a song with a brstm? I've tried reformatting the SD card then copying everything back, that didn't work.
A technique I found that works is to copy and paste a brstm file once it is in strm folder. Delete the file that you originally put into the folder and rename the copy as the original. I used to have that problem with brstm files until I figured this out. I have not had static since.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Have you tried redownloading the .brstm? It usually works for me whenever I have that problem.
A technique I found that works is to copy and paste a brstm file once it is in strm folder. Delete the file that you originally put into the folder and rename the copy as the original. I used to have that problem with brstm files until I figured this out. I have not had static since.
Defragment your SD Card.
Redownloaded the two files, copied them, renamed the copies, took out the old files, and defragmented the SD card. Nothing worked.

Someone on Smashmods said I need to reformat it to FAT32 instead of FAT, trying this next. Any insight into this would be awesome, because now I'm curious.

Edit: Making it FAT32 didn't work either. Maybe it's the brstms themselves? The only two I need are Mach Rider (Melee) and Fire Emblem (Melee) from Brawl.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Finally, after hours of trying to get it to work, P:M works for me :D. Is the audio on temple stage broken though?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If anyone knows a good site that has working Brawl brstms, they should post it :o (Or PM me if posting that isn't allowed)
there's brawlcustommusic.com..

Finally, after hours of trying to get it to work, P:M works for me :D. Is the audio on temple stage broken though?
hearing static noises and stuff?.. try defragging sd card...

Mottie

Smash Rookie
Augh. I'm sorry but I have to address this because people keep saying it. You cannot defrag an SD card, flash memory does not work that way, fragmentation does not *break* files, either, it just means that the content of the files are scattered around, and it's usually a result of the filesystem rather than the actual card itself. Format your card into FAT32 before using it and you'll never have a problem with data fragmentation on solid state (HDDs are completely different, for that I recommend EXT3/4 because NTFS is just bad) because FAT32 knows how to handle arranging data and it's compatible with just about anything, because it's somewhat old. Also: Defragmenting any solid state memory tends to destroy the memory because it can only be written on so many times before it 'wears out' , and then you won't be able to use the SD card at all. You're literally making the problem worse by suggesting defragmentation. Old SD cards or Non-FAT32 cards might have problems either because of a read-write error or poor formatting, if it's an old SD card it might need to be repalced, and if it's a non-fat32 format, just format it into FAT32 and try again.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Has anyone actually tried to make a tier list for this game, OBVIOUSLY not an official one (as the game hasn't been out that long and it's still the demo), but just a rough friendly attempt at it with a few or a lot of characters?
Yes I think so. I heard that everyone was broken, then the characters that were broken became worst characters but still being broken, you know what I mean?

I think it's fun to read people's speculations and give reasoning, I enjoy reading that. But at the same time I think it's a waste of time, but hey, I'm the one reading.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I've got some small issues with lucario to report.
The first one has most likely nothing to do with p:m but rather with a texture but I'd like it if someone without the texture would test that out just to make sure the problem does not lie at p:m itself.
It was when I wanted to compare some textures I've downloaded and went into training mode with Lucario as both my character and the training dummy. When I wanted to change the number of CPUs to 2 or 3 (happened with both so assume it's the third colour that caused my problem), the game froze after a second or so, probably because it couldn't load the 2nd CPU.
I would have assumed the problem is the texture but the texture actually worked completely fine when I played various FFAs with 4 Lucarios (so it had no problems loading any Lucario).
I can also change the number of CPUs with other characters as training dummies so yeah, it is most likely the texture anyway but someone could test that out anyway just to make sure.

BUT
when I played the Lucario FFAs with 3 CPUs to test the textures (and I got bored so I actually played the full match and didn't just test if the colours work), I noticed using aerial side b to grab someone after getting launched in the air by an attack causes the physics of a connected side b to not work properly.
When I got hit into the air by one Lucario and as the first action after hitstun grabbed one other Lucario with my side b, I (and the grabbed opponent obv) wouldn't stay / stall in the air but rather fall down. It's nothing special but normally you would both stay at the same height until you threw the opponent, in this case you wouln't stall at all (which could sometimes cause SDs or so).
It's nothing important and I guess a lot of specials behave weird after hitstun (I remember falco's side b going up a bit when you used it after shooting out of the barrel on KJ64 in melee for example) but for Teams this could probably play a small role.

Hope I could help :3

/e: Played on Demo 2.1

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Just a few hours ago I was playing P:M in training mode using Ike and the CPU was Marth on Skyloft Temple and whenever I shielded, the CPU shielded as well. I could also make Marth roll or spotdodge by using the C-stick. Marth was on "Stop". Any words on that?
Also, the Sheik AI seems to be obsessed with needles when one is not in range of her normal attacks, but once you get in range, Sheik becomes berserk. Sheik also still tries to recover with his/her chain.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Just a few hours ago I was playing P:M in training mode using Ike and the CPU was Marth on Skyloft Temple and whenever I shielded, the CPU shielded as well. I could also make Marth roll or spotdodge by using the C-stick. Marth was on "Stop". Any words on that?
make sure you're plugged into player 1 for training mode

MaxThunder

PM Support
I am...

and PMBR... i think you managed to fix tourney mode while foxing some other stuff... except for pokemon trainer still existing in there...

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
There's this weird Marth bug on Dracula's castle, just wondering if you guys are aware of it. When he stands on a ledge on any side of the stage and performs an Fsmash he doesn't complete the animation and just falls straight down.

I can make a video about it and privately show a BR member if you guys want :0

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Short answer, Yes*.

At the above, bring it up in smashmods, where reports like that won't get buried in one of the longest threads in Smashboards.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Yes meaning you know about it? Or yes meaning you want a video o.o

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I love pika in PM.

Definitely one of my favorite characters on the roster. I main Pika in 64 and he just seems to translate alot better in PM than he did in melee. I like him alot. Really fast, great recovery, a good projectile, and good pressure. He's probably my second favorite character in PM next to Tink. That 64 BAir just completes him.

... now I just need to get down how to QaC.. never played brawl really so I don't know whats up with that. lol

Other characters I enjoy alot are Pit, Lucas, and Sonic (kinda). And I guess Sheik and Marth, since I main them in melee, but it's boring to play them, even though its probably more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom