• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
oh yeah... doesn't pichu lie down in one and stand in the other?..
Yes, but the placement doesn't matter, it's still the same taunt. He makes the same SFX, moves around probably for the same amount of frames, even. Link doing his fairy taunt on one side and then the hair taunt on the other are two completely different taunts both in SFX and how long they last.

If a fairy randomly popped out beside Link on one side while he was brushing his hair back or whatever and then the other side there was no fairy, it'd still be considered the same taunt because it's using the same Melee hair taunt animation. But again, because they are two completely different animations (the vBrawl fairy taunt vs Melee hair taunt) the argument or comparison to Pichu is invalid. Pichu's taunt is just placed differently (obviously animated to make sense visually, but you get what I'm saying), while Link's is an entirely new and completely different animation.

Like I said before, if there was a way to have two different taunts without doing this thought-out idea of having different taunts depending on the side you're facing (when again, the taunt's animation is a full departure from the Melee taunt) then we would have done it already.

I sure am reiterating myself a crap on in this post... -_-

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Falco400 should revert his avatar back to Lelouch Vi Lamprouge.

Whenever Falco400 posts, it's always a boss post. And Lelouch is a boss.

Edward is too childish. :p

Anyways, I'm very saddened by the fact that the toaster twins got eliminated so quickly, but at least that means that they can help me load P:M using a USBloader+riivo. :D

Also, that tournament looks pretty hype.
Mew2king VS Magus: It's like the battle of the frame data gods.

And I can't believe Mew2king got knocked to losers by JC.. no offense JC, its just that.. yknow, it's ****in m2k. lol

Also Ryoko VS Hungrybox (assuming MasterWGS gets knocked to losers by Hbox) will be pretty awesome to see as well.

It's like the P:M names vs the Melee names. It's awesome!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Edward is too childish. :p

It's like the P:M names vs the Melee names. It's awesome!
You haven't seen FMA or FMA:B before, have you?

Also, yes, it's really way too awesome. :D I want to see people like Ocean, Mango, Armada, ESAM, all the legends from each game battling it out in P:M. The hype would be insane.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Uh...

I have. Both of them. They are some of the best anime I have ever seen.

But Lelouch is much less childish (personality-wise) than Edward is by a ton. Even when Edward is older lol
"chibi-san"
:p

I bet if Armada attended Zenith (I don't know if he did or didn't, but I'm just gonna assume he didn't) he would've entered the projectM tournament.. WITH TOONLINK!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Edward is arguably more of a boss when he isn't getting all pissed off over being called short. That being said though Edward at least operates by some degree of logic. Lelouch just pulls stuff out of his *** (see prerecorded conversation with Sniezel) and somehow ends up winning by sheer luck.

Also, yeah, Magus v. M2K is going to be awesome.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Eh, Lelouch just seems more badass to me.

I guess if you take out the part where Edward freaks out over being called short, they'd be pretty even, but Lelouch gets all the *****es (kallen, c2, shortgirl (forgothername) and takes all the $$$ from the higher ups by playing chess.

Not to mention he's the only dude who operates a knightmareframe using a keyboard, attained immortality and conquered the biggest super power on earth.

...Although I bet if Edward had a Geass, he'd do some pretty insane stuff as well.

...But then Lelouch with alchemy just seems god-like.

edit: sorry. getting way off topic LOL.

My money is gonna be on Magus, cuz I doubt M2k is gonna be able to adapt to Ike's bull****

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ah, I see then. :p I didn't think Ed was childish when he got older, but either way I can see what you mean. And I'm glad you've seen the FMAs, my bad on that.

Those two animes in a mixup would be way too badass, for both of them. XD

That being said though Edward at least operates by some degree of logic. Lelouch just pulls stuff out of his *** (see prerecorded conversation with Sniezel) and somehow ends up winning by sheer luck.
Basically this

On topic: Going for Magus too. Pretty confident he'd be able to come out better.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Also:

I'M ROOTIN FOR YOU N.T.SAC!

COMON BRO! Get that toonlink up there on that tierlist lol

Shoutouts to N.T.SAC.

Shoutouts to Monk as well, even though you got eliminated already ^_^"

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Eh, Lelouch just seems more badass to me.

I guess if you take out the part where Edward freaks out over being called short, they'd be pretty even, but Lelouch gets all the *****es (kallen, c2, shortgirl (forgothername) and takes all the $$$ from the higher ups by playing chess.

Not to mention he's the only dude who operates a knightmareframe using a keyboard, attained immortality and conquered the biggest super power on earth.

...Although I bet if Edward had a Geass, he'd do some pretty insane stuff as well.

...But then Lelouch with alchemy just seems god-like.

edit: sorry. getting way off topic LOL.

My money is gonna be on Magus, cuz I doubt M2k is gonna be able to adapt to Ike's bull****
Immortality seems to be up to interpretation of the ending IMO. Back on topic though, I wouldn't rule out M2K. He's fairly adaptable and it wouldn't shock me if he could pull out a win.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's definitely not a SOLID CONCLUSIVE "thats-what-happened" thing. It's just what I like to imagine.
You can google all the details as to why people think so if you wanna know more bout that.

I'm definitely not counting out M2K. If there's one dude who can adapt to a situation well, it's him. I just think that in the end, it might be too little too late for him cuz Ike is just such a monster (especially Magus' Ike). Especially if M2K doesn't go sheik or marth and ends up staying with jiggs and whatever else.

edit:
But then again, I'm pretty sure Ryoko can beat Magus with sheik, so perhaps M2K will come out on top afterall.
... if he uses sheik.

leelue

Smash Lord
As far as Sonic:

I'm not sure why a character like Sonic would be able to easily beat/trade/challenge moves directly. It is in Sonic's very playstyle essence that he not be trying to outmuscle his opponents. Try utilizing and focusing on his strengths, his strengths are not gimmicks. Speed is the kind of thing that is always good and always reliable vs every character. I know you (Sonic) players have "heard it before" but saying that he cannot challenge anything shows a frame of mind that might be slightly off.
Have you seen me play?
Because maybe you can tell me what strength I'm not utilizing.
Cuz I sure as hell ain't trying to "outmuscle" anyone, peef.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have a taunt-related question! Is it possible to separate the left and right side taunts to be different taunts for certain characters? You press the left d-pad to do one and press the right one to do the other? You guys already have Snake moving left or right during his grab using the d-pad on the standard controller.

I think that would be a cool easter egg if possible, and look professional too.

But I'm betting it isn't possible or you would have done it already.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Because maybe you can tell me what strength I'm not utilizing.
Sonic's Offstage game, Grab Game, Kill Set Up's, Lack of Bair/Nair/Uair, Escapes, and no F-Smash.

I don't want to go into to much detail because i don't know how long you've been playing Sonic. But what i do notice is that you over use sonic's new moves, and disregard a lot of sonic's old ones. For example "Fair" you use it for everything. And you abuse Sonic's Specials way to much, which make it hard for you to set up kills even more, all i see is mostly combo attempts.

Cuz I sure as hell ain't trying to "outmuscle" anyone, peef.
You aren't, but it does look like that because you play so reckless with Sonic.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hbox Playstyle + Commentators made this tournament pretty fking terrible for Project:M's PR.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed that D Tilt -> U Tilt with Ike seems legit. Is it supposed to be like that? I'm not an Ike main nor do I intend to be, I just like to understand each character the best I can

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
At least there was a tournament for it, even in its demo form. It was cool to see good Melee players play it though.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yes, but the placement doesn't matter, it's still the same taunt. He makes the same SFX, moves around probably for the same amount of frames, even. Link doing his fairy taunt on one side and then the hair taunt on the other are two completely different taunts both in SFX and how long they last.

If a fairy randomly popped out beside Link on one side while he was brushing his hair back or whatever and then the other side there was no fairy, it'd still be considered the same taunt because it's using the same Melee hair taunt animation. But again, because they are two completely different animations (the vBrawl fairy taunt vs Melee hair taunt) the argument or comparison to Pichu is invalid. Pichu's taunt is just placed differently (obviously animated to make sense visually, but you get what I'm saying), while Link's is an entirely new and completely different animation.

Like I said before, if there was a way to have two different taunts without doing this thought-out idea of having different taunts depending on the side you're facing (when again, the taunt's animation is a full departure from the Melee taunt) then we would have done it already.

I sure am reiterating myself a crap on in this post... -_-
I still don't agree that it's the same taunt... It looks different... though i see what you mean...

but hey... could you add the fairy to his melee taunt to get a sorta best of both worlds kinda thing?.. or just to one side to make it more of an easter egg... or something...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I don't understand how adding an extra taunt to a character is "unprofessional."

Lighten up. Your game is already amazing, and very professional. Goodness gracious, it's not gonna change anyone's opinion of PM. It's one taunt. lol\

If it was like, changing the texture of stitch face to captain falcon's face, having it say, "YESS!" whenever it makes contact with another player with lightning, THAT would be unprofessional. Funny, but very unprofessional.

Your fans are requesting a simple taunt on another button. Chill out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Final results:
1. HBox (Jiggs)
2. Chu (Pikachu)
3. Ryoko (Zelda, Sheik, Peach)
4. JCaesar (Mario, Wario, ROB, Marth, Link)
5. cmart (Bowser)
5. Carroll (Mario, DDD)

Full results tomorrow probably.

:phone:

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I love pika in PM.

Definitely one of my favorite characters on the roster. I main Pika in 64 and he just seems to translate alot better in PM than he did in melee. I like him alot. Really fast, great recovery, a good projectile, and good pressure. He's probably my second favorite character in PM next to Tink. That 64 BAir just completes him.

... now I just need to get down how to QaC.. never played brawl really so I don't know whats up with that. lol

Other characters I enjoy alot are Pit, Lucas, and Sonic (kinda). And I guess Sheik and Marth, since I main them in melee, but it's boring to play them, even though its probably more effective.
Yeah, I think Pikachu's Down-Special doesn't really seem to get enough attention, it's incredibly useful when used right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom