• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Is anyone else really enjoying Pikachu?
Always have been. :p

That 64 BAir just completes him.

... now I just need to get down how to QaC.. never played brawl really so I don't know whats up with that. lol
Yes, yes it does. It is so amazing.

Basically, to QAC you just QA into the ground and perform an aerial move right after it. It takes some time to get the hang of and to figure out how to use it in a match, but it's really crazy and can easily confuse your opponent if they aren't used to it. :p

CORY

wut
BRoomer
looooooooool, that's almost how i felt after getting bodied hard by a ness at the tourney today.

then i realized i'm really not that good and need to learn to not get grabbed so much. also, to di properly when i do get grabbed.

but still

dumb
>: C

leelue

Smash Lord
Dealing 0% with any ball move whenever you run into... any attack in the game is a big problem.
Honestly, if a character has a large jablike move or a good sex kick the matchups are really bad. Add to that the fact that he can't deal with persistent projectiles when the opponent plays smart... and you have a problem.
Mario
Luigi
Link
Marth
Toon link (probably, he can't even spin past the ground arrows -_-)
And maybe DK

Are all matches I consider 70/30 or worse.

Snake and ganon might be that bad too, but I don't have conviction yet to say so.
If I played against a sheik often, she seems like a nightmare on paper too.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Dealing 0% with any ball move whenever you run into... any attack in the game is a big problem.
Honestly, if a character has a large jablike move or a good sex kick the matchups are really bad. Add to that the fact that he can't deal with persistent projectiles when the opponent plays smart... and you have a problem.
Mario
Luigi
Link
Marth
Toon link (probably, he can't even spin past the ground arrows -_-)
And maybe DK

Are all matches I consider 70/30 or worse.
idk i think you're underestimating Sonic a bit. His speed, mobility and gimp potential makes him a dangerous opponent in the right hands

leelue

Smash Lord
I am under the belief that I am those right hands and... speed can only get you so far when you can't challenge a simple attack with most of your repertoire. When you can't even get less out of a trade because you're losing them, deal very little damage (I can bring up that 7 hit, 38 damage combo again), and have trouble killing opponents even when they're over 150...

I'm not saying that he's not dangerous in some matches. Take opponents to FD or Castlevania and you drastically improve your chances. But you can't play all of your matches there.

What else
Oh
Unlike the rest of the cast, he doesn't gain extra ways to kill people as damage scales up (forward tilt is almost good for this but not quite). What I mean is that he has the same kill attacks at 95 that he has at 165. No throws kill even on yoshis story. No quick, semi ranged aerial like a sex kick or bair. Dash attack isn't safe in the slightest. Homing attack has next to no growth (it isn't killing at 170, 180+). The spindashes don't kill (but you can get lucky and follow them off). Dair is possible but unwieldy. Fair is an April fools joke. And let's please be honest; sonic's gimp game is overblown.
Homing attack is tragically situational, and as good as the spring is it can't carry every match.

Edit
His gimp game used to be the best. Let's not confuse the past with the present.

Edit
Forgot to mention that he has no shuffle game, and that he's somewhat less mobile in 2.1
Am I mistaken, or is the first forward b now forced to be slower in the air than it used to be? It takes an arc no matter what, instead of a sharp downward motion.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Pretty sure the downward turn you are talking about is a glitch that was fixed.

I definitely see Sonic and Charizard being buffed at some point to do more damage with their mobility.

It's a testament to the game's balance that only a few characters people really seem to think are too good or not good enough.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Welp.

Whether they are good characters or bad characters in the end, (in comparison to the rest of the cast) we're just gonna have to deal with it, buckle up our seat-belts, and ride the metagame rollercoaster to see where it takes us.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
As far as Sonic:

I'm not sure why a character like Sonic would be able to easily beat/trade/challenge moves directly. It is in Sonic's very playstyle essence that he not be trying to outmuscle his opponents. Try utilizing and focusing on his strengths, his strengths are not gimmicks. Speed is the kind of thing that is always good and always reliable vs every character. I know you (Sonic) players have "heard it before" but saying that he cannot challenge anything shows a frame of mind that might be slightly off.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is there going to be more on stream today? It was kind of disappointing yesterday to have to sit through a bunch of pools instead of watching M2K and HBox play PM.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Go chudat! Go chudat!

On a side note, I was looking at the comments on IGN about Skyloft and this one caught me:

Project M is incredible. I've used Link since the very first days of Smash way back on the N64 and I LOVE what the developers of Project M have done to him.

But...if any of you are reading this, is there any chance you guys could add his fairy taunt back in as the left D-pad press? You seem fond of his Melee taunt, and that's fine -- make that the right D-pad. Actually...you guys could add extra taunts for EVERY character. Just throwing it out there.
Would that be possible? PLZ?

Revven

FrankerZ
would at least be possible to have the melee taunt on side taunt facing right, and fairy taunt on facing left...
However, that would be very unprofessional and such. If there was a way to have both taunts and look professional, we would have done it. Having completely two different taunts depending on the side you're facing isn't very... 'actual gamey' like if you know what I mean?

Sure, you could make the argument Pichu had dif. taunts and so did CF but both those taunts aren't a complete departure from one another they are just slightly different in frames and where the character is looking/placed. But they are still considered the same taunt.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
However, that would be very unprofessional and such. If there was a way to have both taunts and look professional, we would have done it. Having completely two different taunts depending on the side you're facing isn't very... 'actual gamey' like if you know what I mean?

Sure, you could make the argument Pichu had dif. taunts and so did CF but both those taunts aren't a complete departure from one another they are just slightly different in frames and where the character is looking/placed. But they are still considered the same taunt.
pichu's taunt changed depending on the direction you were facing.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
His concerns are very understandable since that 10% or so off caused by frame delays and the other 15% caused by remnants of Brawl's physics would cause a major dissonance in his playstyle with characters he still uses in a separate game.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Melee has it, though... see pichu... and falcon...

how did i not see all these other posts when i reloaded the page before i posted?.. makes no sense...

anyways i seem to remember finding one of them to be really different... just can't remember which, or what the differences were... also i can't seem to find my melee=(...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom