• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah, speaking from what Reflex stated awhile back. Side-B loses soo hard to things like Nair and most aerials that have a lingering hitbox. It's really a sad day in Warioland when Ganondorf side-b is the answer for all of Wario's moves save dair and maybe a well spaced bair. Waft is hard to combo into if the opponent is smart because the moves that can lead directly into it "Dair and Dsmash" can be avoided or teched away from far enough for it to never work. Imo Wario isn't horrible, just sometimes you can't finish your food. How do i deal with Pit as Wario? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4whlkzSz2mU&feature=player_detailpage#t=265s

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, what do you guys think about Bowser? I don't see anyone really picking him up and dominating with him, but he seems like untapped potential with all his hard hitting and super armor shananigans.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Didn't you watch FC?

Melee Legacy? More like bowser and Ike legacy.

Kappa
I did watch quite a few videos, can't say I saw the good Bowser's though, I can't even find the videos on the tube. I saw Cmarts bowser but it left me unsatisfied (Nothing against your bowser)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Bowser is definitely good now. I pick him up every so often and his play style is as fierce as his appearance.

iLink

Smash Champion
I compare ike and bowser pretty often actually. They are both easy to use and rewarding to hit with, but both are really unsafe on whiff and can be camped rather well.

Of course ike is better though.

:phone:

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I just want to see some refined Bowser play, I have picked him up and I feel pretty confident with him, although there isn't that much solid competition in my area. I figured Gimpy would rep him at least.

And yeah...Ike. I would like to fight a good Ike, he seems horrific to fight once used correctly.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think Bowser's popularity at FC (and probably in general) might've been because Melee veterans wanted to have fun with a Melee character they're familiar with but was horrifically bad. They also might be waiting for changes to the physics engine so that their mains feel like they do in Melee. Both reasons are why ORLY, a Falcon main in Melee, uses Bowser. How many Bowsers at FC were not Melee veterans?

cmart

Smash Lord
I play Bowser cuz he was the character I've always wanted to main, since like 2004 or something. There's really nothing more to it than that.

And I'm sorry some people are unsatisfied with my play - I'll keep trying to get better at it

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
is bowser's getup attack one of the things that'd be fixed with the physics engine fixes? if you want it to be like it was in melee, it clanking with an attack shouldn't stop bowser's roll.

i'm talking the less than 100% getup attack obviously lol

EDIT: i like your boozer cmart! haven't seen any recent videos of it tho ):

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I play Bowser cuz he was the character I've always wanted to main, since like 2004 or something. There's really nothing more to it than that.

And I'm sorry some people are unsatisfied with my play - I'll keep trying to get better at it
yooo dont even think that.

your comebacks and sweeps were very legit. and i loved watching them. i was mad hype everytime.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I love your Cmart bowser. I just meant that my standards are really high. You are probably the best bowser I have seen.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
And yeah I am still around, I have always lurked but never really post. I am playing PM with alot of not so good players in my area(not referring to TLOCK), but I am at least playing. PM is amazing.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.1845

Once this is done can we make this the default Project M BPs? IGN and casuals who can't mod will be drooling all over this.

[COLLAPSE="Pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Oh my god, yes. He put off his amazing CSS project to work on an amazing battle HUD project. The stocks are much easier to see and seeing the CSPs in place of the BPs is super nice.
Also:
I forgot to mention that the Brawl HAX logo is also in-game, so you can now label whatever codeset you're using I guess.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
So ****ing badass. Please somebody make that happen.

My only concerns are that the the numbers might be too small, and the whole thing could look slightly overcrowded. And I'm not sure I like the emblems being in full color.

Even with 3 problems, it's still too awesome to pass up.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I tried to see if I could have a lawful tournament for PM if I had every entrant sign a contract basically saying they agree to it has a fair competition of skill.

Turns out, nope.

Iowa's Gambling Laws: 29 Cactuars.

Metà

Smash Master
if you're just doing a local tournament, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. the amount of money is small anyway, at least compared to actual gambling, lol

rifall

Smash Cadet
About the Samus Ideas

I think Samus simply needs what Ness got. A look at what made Samus good in each game.

So here are my ideas, in depth.

jab - melee
ftilt - melee
utilt - melee
dtilt - melee

Fsmash - melee
Dsmash - melee
Usmash - melee with slight speed boost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8carGl5P7o

Nair - Melee
Fair - melee with slight direction change upward
Uair - Melee
Dair - Smash64 Between Melee/64
Bair - Smash64 (to clarify: just the animation, power would come from Melee)

Special - Melee
FSpecial - Brawl
Dspecial - Melee
Uspecial - Melee (with faster downward momentum gain)

Grab - Brawl with slight speed increase
uthrow - Brand new (meaning, something different than what's there)
dthrow - Melee
bthrow - melee with added knockback growth
fthrow - brawl

Samus Canon
I saw an idea about Samus's charge beam getting a buff where you would be able to charge in the air. I think if you simply hold B, she would charge, but if you let go, she would fire. And pressing a shield button would cause her to stop (without special fall). This could work on land and ground.

Another idea would be that letting go of B stops the charge, and you would need to press A during a charge to release the fire. The charge wouldn't stop on its own when full, but simply hold a lingering hitbox such as Lucario's aura ball. Just an idea.

I think the true secret to this iteration of Samus would be the revival of her Dair, which had very decent combo-ability and KO potential in the original Smash Bros. As well, the movement of the original Smash 64 bair would give her a hit that would swipe upward, allowing her much different spacing maneuvers in the air.

Of course, I don't actively main Samus, but I see her downfalls compared to other characters. So far, in P:M, I main Ness, with a huge interest in Samus after I gave her a try in Melee.

My girlfriend loves to play ZSS in Brawl. And she's looking forward to that, but she also wants to be able to play Samus (for when our ******** noob friends are over that insist smash balls always be on).

I hope that whoever is developing Samus would greatly consider these ideas. They are simple ideas that would not detract from her core melee play style, but in fact improve upon what made her a beast in Melee, touching up on her short-comings.

For those of you who read this post, thank you!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I think Samus simply needs what Ness got. A look at what made Samus good in each game.

So here are my ideas, in depth.

[COLLAPSE="Samus Suggestions"]jab - melee
ftilt - melee
utilt - melee
dtilt - melee

Fsmash - melee
Dsmash - melee
Usmash - melee with slight speed boost

Nair - Melee
Fair - melee with slight direction change upward
Uair - Melee
Dair - Smash64
Bair - Smash64

Special - Melee
FSpecial - Brawl
Dspecial - Melee
Uspecial - Melee (with faster downward momentum gain)

Grab - Brawl with slight speed increase
uthrow - Brand new
dthrow - Melee
bthrow - melee with added knockback growth
fthrow - brawl

Samus Canon
I saw an idea about Samus's charge beam getting a buff where you would be able to charge in the air. I think if you simply hold B, she would charge, but if you let go, she would fire. And pressing a shield button would cause her to stop (without special fall). This could work on land and ground.

Another idea would be that letting go of B stops the charge, and you would need to press A during a charge to release the fire. The charge wouldn't stop on its own when full, but simply hold a lingering hitbox such as Lucario's aura ball. Just an idea.

I think the true secret to this iteration of Samus would be the revival of her Dair, which had very decent combo-ability and KO potential in the original Smash Bros. As well, the movement of the original Smash 64 bair would give her a hit that would swipe upward, allowing her much different spacing maneuvers in the air.

Of course, I don't actively main Samus, but I see her downfalls compared to other characters. So far, in P:M, I main Ness, with a huge interest in Samus after I gave her a try in Melee.

My girlfriend loves to play ZSS in Brawl. And she's looking forward to that, but she also wants to be able to play Samus (for when our ******** noob friends are over that insist smash balls always be on).

I hope that whoever is developing Samus would greatly consider these ideas. They are simple ideas that would not detract from her core melee play style, but in fact improve upon what made her a beast in Melee, touching up on her short-comings.

For those of you who read this post, thank you![/COLLAPSE]
If you have character suggestions, please put them in the Smashmods Character Suggestion Forum. Thanks for your interest!

Also Bowser is a great character in PM, and cmart uses him quite proficiently. :)

(cmart *****)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
At least.

Most Melee players still think Yoshi is bad
Double 3 stocked v3ct0r man at apex pools with 80% falco's utilt/bair. Yoshi is a trash character and I'm pretty sure someone with NO decent tournament results to back up their name should refrain from calling the general melee population dumb

Also, WHY was Marth's Up B buffed so that he could move like a Falcon Up B after it ends. I know this has been in for a long *** time but I gotta know.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hit B and land from that gay little somersault he does. He stands there, if ever briefly, at the end. Like a gymnast dismount.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I tried to see if I could have a lawful tournament for PM if I had every entrant sign a contract basically saying they agree to it has a fair competition of skill.

Turns out, nope.

Iowa's Gambling Laws: 29 Cactuars.
You know how many tournaments in states like Iowa have been busted by the cops for illegal gambling? Goose egg. Now stop being a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom