• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I didn't say it was bad.

I just said it was the gayest thing ever.

Because it really is.

Prejudice mofo. Associating bad with gay. Look at you. You should be ashamed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What a crudely drawn image of a person with an indifferent expression.

When are you going to buff Ike's dash dance or OoS options?
Never. He needs disadvantages. Buffing his oos options or making him quicker is a big damn no no unless you're nerfing some of his range/power.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also I don't get the mentality behind making a character intentionally be bad at doing basic things.

Ike's baiting game
Ike's OoS options
Ness's Recovery
Wario's frame disadvantage
Many characters' over commitment to basic actions (Bowser Jump Squat comes to mind)
Zard's techchase set up
Melee Game and Watch's Shield
Melee Zelda's stage control

I'd at least like to know the reasoning behind these kinds of things.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's called balance and character diversity.

You can't have a cast of every character is good at everything. If you did, one character would be the best at doing everything, and there'd be much less reason to use most the rest of the cast.

Sort of like what happens in a Marvel vs Capcom game.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Also I don't get the mentality behind making a character intentionally be bad at doing basic things.

Ike's baiting game
Ike's OoS options
Ness's Recovery
Wario's frame disadvantage
Many characters' over commitment to basic actions (Bowser Jump Squat comes to mind)
Zard's techchase set up
Melee Game and Watch's Shield
Melee Zelda's stage control

I'd at least like to know the reasoning behind these kinds of things.
this is supposed to be a kids game.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's called balance and character diversity.

You can't have a cast of every character is good at everything. If you did, one character would be the best at doing everything, and there'd be much less reason to use most the rest of the cast.

Sort of like what happens in a Marvel vs Capcom game.
Sort of like what spacies already get to get away with because Melee. Characters can have universally acceptable tools and still be diverse.

It's one thing to have characters be worse at one thing or another, it's another to have characters be genuinely bad at doing things while other characters have no such bad points to speak of.

I just mean to say, if you're already going to have characters like Spacies who are good at everything, why make every other character worse?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sort of like what spacies already get to get away with because Melee. Characters can have universally acceptable tools and still be diverse.

It's one thing to have characters be worse at one thing or another, it's another to have characters be genuinely bad at doing things while other characters have no such bad points to speak of.

I just mean to say, if you're already going to have characters like Spacies who are good at everything, why make every other character worse?
Spacies aren't good at everything.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Spacies are as good at not getting comboed as any other character except better because they can avoid setups better than other characters. They do get comboed for longer if the player messes up though, and if they're on FD, I agree.

I disagree completely about getting gimped. There are specific recovery situations from which they are easily gimped, but it isn't a matter of killing them any time they are off stage like Ness.

iLink

Smash Champion
Anyone that thinks Ike right now needs serious nerfs is silly. Anyone that thinks he actually needs buffs right now is also silly.

Not every character needs a great dash dance and OoS option.

Also Ike's bait game isn't even bad compared to other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom