• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Saying someone could use buffs is ambiguous and usually implies they need them.

I can say fox could use buffs. Does he need them? No, but he could use them.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Falco lasers should be +8 on block.

Saying someone could use buffs is ambiguous and usually implies they need them.

I can say fox could use buffs. Does he need them? No, but he could use them.
He could use them for what? Being even better than the best character in the game? There's a degree of dissonance between buffing the best character in the game and buffing, well any other character in the game I guess, but for these purposes, buffing characters below S tier.

iLink

Smash Champion
My point was that because something could use a buff, doesn't mean that they actually need it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
of all the samus suggestions so far here and on smods, no one suggested bringing back melee taunt? =(
I was actually under the impression the idea was pretty popular, and really the only barrier was getting external sound loaded on hackless versions of the game, because the bweeeooop isn't on the Brawl disk.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
My point was that because something could use a buff, doesn't mean that they actually need it.
I understand that, but I think Peach and Jigglypuff would have been better examples to use.

Well Peach already got hella buffs, but Jigglypuff would have been a reasonable example.

Is it possible to code players getting Ike boners irl?

bc that would be very healthy for the P:M meta and a cool Ike buff

:phone:

This is actually the next buff for Ike I was going to suggest looking in to.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
i just don't understand how anyone that has never played the game can possibly say anything about it.

edit: and CPUs don't count homie
:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Marth got some minor stuff. He's in a good place honestly: same with Falcon. I still think Falcon is a near perfect example of how characters "should" be competitively/viably.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yeah Marth got some minor stuff. He's in a good place honestly: same with Falcon. I still think Falcon is a near perfect example of how characters "should" be competitively/viably.
I'd say Pit, Peach, and Mario are better examples of building a newcomer, slightly changing a high tier, and moderately beefing up a mid tier character respectively. Falcon's kind of just a poor man's Sheik.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's a very chill pic of Letty that adds an air of calm snarkiness to my messages. Chen is up next I think, so I imagine my posts will appear smarmier.

I tried having fun with Zelda one time, but to no avail. She's just so boring no matter how hard I try to enjoy myself. Any tips, bread?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
zeldas just not that fun. i play her because 've played her since melee and she's good. plus she's kind of cute so tatt helps.

have you ever had a rumia avatar? s-she's my favorite toohoo

edi: i just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at lettys smug face. i'm s-sorry if i ever offended you.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Again, I don't have a problem with Ike being as bad as he is; I don't use the poor guy.
I don't think Ike needs buffs. He's clearly tournament viable. I said he could use buffs.

Maybe I said he needs them ahdunnuh
Well if Ike's bad in the sense that Falcon's "bad" in Melee but still viable and still high tier, that's fine with me.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
zeldas just not that fun. i play her because 've played her since melee and she's good. plus she's kind of cute so tatt helps.

have you ever had a rumia avatar? s-she's my favorite toohoo
Well if we're using characters because of cuteness, I guess I'll just stick with Pichi-hime. Zelda's side B just feels wonky with how slow it is to set up in contrast to how absurdly fast it moves up and down.

Rumia was number III; I'm going by appearance in order of Windows canon.

metroid: I don't think any character in PM is currently unviable except maybe NessZardWatch, but there are still other characters whose designs I feel could use a bit more fine tuning.

**** THIS FONT COLOUR MAKES IT HARD TO SEE WHEN I HYPERLINK THINGS

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'd much rather play Super Theory Bros than Super Results Bros. At least you can properly look at things that exist in a matter-of-fact way.

Peach the best character in Melee I mean just look at those results.

cool arrange. eosd always felt like the 'stage theme is better than boss theme' game to me. well in regards to the music.
I think you'll like the arrange I have in mind for Keine.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
But what if we're playing super IKE bros
IKE is the best
followed by Ike
But the IKE-Ike matchup is Ike:0 Ike so Ike is a counter to IKE but suffers from worse matchups with every other ike in the game.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Serious talk though. This thread is **** because all the serious talk goes on at smashmods and all the speculative talk is running out of steam because PMBR isn't telling us **** or even trying to hype us for the next release. I mean ffs maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen any dev version steams. So basically all that's left after those things are complaining and whining about character balance and game mechanics.

tl;dr blame PMBR
and the people that care to whine instead of trying to find solutions to the problem.

shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom