• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can I just say that arguing about spikes is dumb at this point in time? Because the game is not done thus things like DI aren't how we want them to be.

Thanks. :)

P.S Falco's Dair is weak, there's a lot of strong meteors out there that I bet Falco wished he had but all he has is a weak spike that is only strong at around 50%.

P.P.S The meteor cancel window is not 8 frames thus a lot of meteors in this game are harder to meteor cancel (16 frame window instead).

P.P.P.S Their spikes aren't what make them amazing so I don't understand how removing the spikes solves anything other than making the development team get a lot of backlash for removing them.

Revven

FrankerZ
Uh, it's tonight Gust14. There's no streams at Pound V though so... you'll have to wait to watch the matches later when they're uploaded.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The Project M Pound V tournament is today. There will not be a stream of it due to Pound V not having internet access. Bionic Sonic should be uploading Pound V matches at night.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek are the some of the fastest characters in the game. They also all have great aerials, great throw range and throws, incredibly quick and abusable moves, and can all kill at low percentages. They all have some of the better recoveries in the game, and are harder to gimp. They also have some of the best potential to gimp other characters. They have the ability to play pretty much the same in nearly every matchup. They have situations they can force one of two choices, and have some of the easiest/safest edgeguarding in the game.
They all have some of the better recoveries in the game, and are harder to gimp. They also have some of the best potential to gimp other characters. They have the ability to play pretty much the same in nearly every matchup. They have situations they can force one of two choices, and have some of the easiest/safest edgeguarding in the game.
They all have some of the better recoveries in the game, and are harder to gimp.
lol
Can you imagine how Melee would have turned out if Falco didn't spawn at kill percent?

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
why does Guilty Gear even exist in this topic...IT should be about Project M or any thing smash related

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek are the some of the fastest characters in the game. They also all have great aerials, great throw range and throws, incredibly quick and abusable moves, and can all kill at low percentages. They all have some of the better recoveries in the game, and are harder to gimp. They also have some of the best potential to gimp other characters. They have the ability to play pretty much the same in nearly every matchup. They have situations they can force one of two choices, and have some of the easiest/safest edgeguarding in the game.
Which game? Melee or Project M?

Your arguments all seem to be frame-worked around Melee. Not in the context of what Project M (Demo) has changed to the rest of the cast (Link, Mario, Brawl's newcomers, etc) for balance. Those characters all have new or improved tools to deal with Fox/Falco/Marth/Shiek(/Jigglypuff).

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Erm... that means that there is no evidence either way and the status quo should be maintained. :/

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess.

Slippery slope fallacy. If we change one thing to make gameplay even slightly more "interesting" and "emergent", we therefore have to change the game until it is as interesting as we can make it to avoid a double-standard.

Game, set, match.

Define broken. They don't "break" the game in the sense that they are uncompetitive or heavily marginalizing depth or skill. So what exactly do you mean by broken?
This is why I love Grim Tuesday's posts.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
For the main theme, let's just do a "smashboards sings" thing with the misheard Brawl lyrics.

I'LL BE THE MAAAAAAAARTH

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
watching the stream makes me sad that ike wasn't included in the demo. what was holding him back?
We've still got some interesting ideas for him. The main dev build just got a large Ike update, for example. We'll have to do some more testing on him before we put any information about him to the public... So we're definitely not comfortable with him being demo-status right now. ;) (Especially wouldn't have been three weeks ago!)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ah. he just seems very solid thusfar from the youtube vids and stream stuff i'd seen of him. didn't know he was still in the heavy tampering phase ;x

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
ah. he just seems very solid thusfar from the youtube vids and stream stuff i'd seen of him. didn't know he was still in the heavy tampering phase ;x
We have to throw a bunch of ideas against the wall to see what sticks before we can feel comfortable with a character. :cool: It's one of the advantages of the closed-off development - we can test many things without having the public freak out. (Usually)

And just because Ike is awesome already doesn't mean we can't improve him.

JoJoRockets52

Smash Rookie
yall ****** be trippen dawg i'd **** you all in melee and real fighting games dis ***** **** is huge

now that i got your attention i think that some changes in Project M are good.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Just posting to say that I love the demo <3 It felt sorta weird playing with Falco due to LD/Brawl DI (though he's still quite usable) but it gave me some incentive to explore the other characters. Link feels really solid with his tweaks and improved recovery, though I havent grasped Bomb jumping (*doesnt know how to use AGT for it*)

Ganon is as beast as ever with his dragon choke follow-ups, and Ultimecia Zelda's warping and stage control really gives her an amazing amount of offensive and defensive versatility. o_O She's definitely one of the most improved characters from Melee/Brawl on the demo roster imo. I really cant wait to see what changes you guys have in store for the other Brawl newcommers (specifically, PT, Ike, and Lucario)

Keep up the good work! :157:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link feels really solid with his tweaks and improved recovery, though I havent grasped Bomb jumping (*doesnt know how to use AGT for it*)
Thanks. :) To AGT, you have to airdodge upward, and then immediately throw the bomb up. Then Up-B, and have the last swing of the sword hit the bomb. It'll explode on you, letting you Up-B again. :awesome:

DarthWolf42

Smash Cadet
I'm having a blast with the demo, and have just a couple questions about final release:
Will Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard be available as separate characters?
Are levels like Spear Pillar & Bridge of Eldin gone for good?

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
I really cant wait to see what changes you guys have in store for the other Brawl newcommers (specifically, PT, Ike, and Lucario)

Keep up the good work! :157:
Speaking of these guys, I hope something is planned for Pokemon trainer's and Lucario's very non-competetive friendly stamina and aura systems. (maybe just do away with them entirely) =/

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm having a blast with the demo, and have just a couple questions about final release:
Will Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard be available as separate characters?
Are levels like Spear Pillar & Bridge of Eldin gone for good?
Nothing has been decided whether or not we will keep switching pokemon or making them independent.
Yes, the final release is aimed to keep stages that we have replaced by using the stage expansion code.
Speaking of these guys, I hope something is planned for Pokemon trainer's and Lucario's very non-competetive friendly stamina and aura systems. (maybe just do away with them entirely) =/
Can't really say on this yet.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Thanks. :) To AGT, you have to airdodge upward, and then immediately throw the bomb up. Then Up-B, and have the last swing of the sword hit the bomb. It'll explode on you, letting you Up-B again. :awesome:
Awesome, I'm already getting the hang of it =D Thanks Shadic

Also, Ive noticed that sometimes while using training mode I'd get a freeze (with that annoying beeeeep >_<) and when rebooting a DSI exception error...is there any reason why it happens or is it just one of those random freezes?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Awesome, I'm already getting the hang of it =D Thanks Shadic

Also, Ive noticed that sometimes while using training mode I'd get a freeze (with that annoying beeeeep >_<) and when rebooting a DSI exception error...is there any reason why it happens or is it just one of those random freezes?
That would be a small error in the CSS code and a small slight chance of an error in Gecko OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom