• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm not saying that anyone's wrong or anything, but I think it's been over 30 minutes
>_> My clock is broken...
And by clock, I mean the loop for the jab. T.T; For some reason only the first round of hitboxes would come out, and I figured "hey! 30 minute job!" and now its trolling me. If this next try doesn't work, then I give up on it for now and let you guys have your pac.

And no, we don't want people doing it themselves, because then I lose limelight. >=[
-DD

franc1234567890

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with the beta file... Where does it go??
I though it was supposed to go in the "fighter" file but it appears not...
i swear, i tryed looking various Q&A topics :( Im soooooory to bring it here.
I really want to try the beta, this project is mewtwo's only hope to get back to the smash universe. I waaaaant iiit!:urg:

(lets not waste this post) Its incredible how fast this project is going, i though teleport would take a week or even two... And in a week you got almost all of his b moves, a taunt and many more stuff that i can't remembler. This is a really GOOD start!! I can't wait for his D-smash to be completed (and his Dair too:chuckle:)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
[sd card reader drive letter, i.e. the root of your sd card]:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/lucario/FitLucario.pac is the filepath.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
>_> My clock is broken...
And by clock, I mean the loop for the jab. T.T; For some reason only the first round of hitboxes would come out, and I figured "hey! 30 minute job!" and now its trolling me. If this next try doesn't work, then I give up on it for now and let you guys have your pac.

And no, we don't want people doing it themselves, because then I lose limelight. >=[
-DD
Do you have the "end loop" statement or.. that one statement that makes it loop? :p

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Do you have the "end loop" statement or.. that one statement that makes it loop? :p
DX Yea, I do. Execute Loop.

I got it to work, I just can't get it to work while A is Held down, as opposed to a certain amount of loops. I'll just leave it with the set loops and work out how to make it happen'n later.

Running final bugcheck on pac, then uploading.

-DD

SuSa

DX Yea, I do. Execute Loop.

I got it to work, I just can't get it to work while A is Held down, as opposed to a certain amount of loops. I'll just leave it with the set loops and work out how to make it happen'n later.

Running final bugcheck on pac, then uploading.

-DD
There is something somewhere that shows the button inputs... you'd just add a boolean true for "A" AFAIK.

I know it had a set loop (2 "up and downs") in Melee if you let it get that far. :x

EDIT:
I was sorta close? Turns out they have an exact thing to check if its pressed/release or whatever. XD
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244605

Read that.
Code:
If Button Pressed == 00; execute Loop
If Button Release == 00; end Loop
^ not real code, just to give you an idea.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
There is something somewhere that shows the button inputs... you'd just add a boolean true for "A" AFAIK.

I know it had a set loop (2 "up and downs") in Melee if you let it get that far. :x

EDIT:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244605

Read that.
Code:
If Button Pressed == 00; execute Loop
^ not real code, just to give you an idea.
Dats sum nice ceeplusplus.

Yea, I'll look that over. I was trying to use an IF statement, and I remembered my End Ifs...its just dumb. I'll look into it.

ANYWAYS
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b80bd02d0e4da67d1014a7a667fa2b43360bca2747d3e5cb8eada0a1ae8665a

Have a blast, report what you like, what you don't like, what needs balancing, etc.

Also putting this in the OP.
-DD

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Hey I really like it, but somethings i've noticed, when lucario (mewtwo) is using his teleport (which is awesome btw) if he is hit during the beginning of the attack he remains invisible for a short time (it's not really a problem just weird). Also after using his airdodge he goes into a helpless state, I'm not sure if this was on purpose, but I thought that might be a problem. His down b is really cool but inescapable. It's really good I can't wait to see what you'll do next xD

edit: oh and the nair is very good too xD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Kudos on getting the Up-B and airdodge right. Fixed DTaunt look pretty cool too.
Are you planning on making his Nair animation his Up Taunt?

Edit: His down-B is still way too broken.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
m2 isn't being balanced, he's being made, so there's no real point in talking about the inescapable downb, since DD hasn't found a way to get a subaction to do something different when downb is used when the opponent is already stunned yet.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey I really like it, but somethings i've noticed, when lucario (mewtwo) is using his teleport (which is awesome btw) if he is hit during the beginning of the attack he remains invisible for a short time (it's not really a problem just weird). Also after using his airdodge he goes into a helpless state, I'm not sure if this was on purpose, but I thought that might be a problem. His down b is really cool but inescapable and it cant be used in the air. It's really good I can't wait to see what you'll do next xD

edit: oh and the nair is very good too xD
Thanks for reporting those to me! I'll make sure the damage SubAction causes visibility. I guess I linked the airdodge to the wrong fall animation, my bad. DX! It was just supposed to be the normal descent. And I think i'm going to trade the stun on the current Disable for a more ZSS-type stun. that would make it easier.

OR
I could make the stun hitbox come out, stun the opponent, then a really long[~70 frames, maybe more] wind up for a "Gannon UTilt-esque" move. So you'd be punished if you missed, and you'd be punished if they escaped the stun, but if you clear both, or they wandered into the attack afterwards, then get smashed.

Kudos on getting the Up-B and airdodge right. Fixed DTaunt look pretty cool too.
Are you planning on making his Nair animation his Up Taunt?
Suggestions are always welcome, especially for animation purposes.

And for the record, I am trying to balance him, but nothing hardcore until I get everything finished.

-DD

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for reporting those to me! I'll make sure the damage SubAction causes visibility. I guess I linked the airdodge to the wrong fall animation, my bad. DX! It was just supposed to be the normal descent. And I think i'm going to trade the stun on the current Disable for a more ZSS-type stun. that would make it easier.

OR
I could make the stun hitbox come out, stun the opponent, then a really long[~70 frames, maybe more] wind up for a "Gannon UTilt-esque" move. So you'd be punished if you missed, and you'd be punished if they escaped the stun, but if you clear both, or they wandered into the attack afterwards, then get smashed.

Oh sorry I think I used the wrong term, he does have a normal descent after airdodging so you didn't do anything wrong with that (he just can't attack or jump again, or is that still a helpless state?).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh sorry I think I used the wrong term, he does have a normal descent after airdodging so you didn't do anything wrong with that (he just can't attack or jump again, or is that still a helpless state?).
If he cant even shoot an aura sphere, then that needs fixing.

@DBK
Yea PM it to me.
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
great job, the down taunt looks sweet just wish the lightning would last a little longer, instead of flashing into the up taunt

franc1234567890

Smash Rookie
I was thinking of a few ideas for mewtwo's moveset:

- Instead of his melee "tailwhip" he could keep his f-tilt lucario animation and make it act differently. My idea is: a single hit of darkness that send the opponent in an 80 degree angle(0 being over him) Making a forcepush (psy push?) kind of effect that actually push the opponent backward instead of sending him diagonally in the air.

- I wonder if taking a part of his forward 1st jump and putting it as a run animation would look good, Or repeating his dash at the begenning of his run animation while making him float(like in D taunt :D) OMG lucario swimming forward is awesome for that too check it out!!!

-For his Dair the platform drop animation looks the closest from his melee Dair, mabye with a hitbox... The best case scenario would be if a downward angled Uair to follow after the Platform drop. Its a bit complicated...

Things i noticed in the Beta: (Don't worry i won't say to make it do darkness dmg^^)

- Jab kick too much *** (fox's nightmare!!)
- if i finish teleporting on the ground i can't teleport again, its weird...
- Nair sparkle is placed weird (but im sure its not completed yet right?)
- Teleport is a bit slow compared to melee(but it looks awesome!!)
- The sparkle used on his airdodge is a bit big in my opinion
- BEESSSSSST TAUNT EVARR
- His jumps are weird, his 1st is too low to get aboard most platforms and his second just go waaaay over it
- No shorthop T.T

Allright now i have a few question for you all:

- Are we going to MAKE mewtwo's voice or are we only using his brawl lost voice?
- Are we even going to change the voice/sound?
- Are you god? :p

timothyung

Smash Ace
When model hacks are possible you can create animations >.>
Also try using frame speed mods instead of just working on the pac. Speed mods will help a lot on making the moves accurate.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i'm testing it right and i LOVE it. although i found a glitch. when u do an air dodge when you're about to land and do a ground attack as soon as u hit the floor while still invisible, u stay invisible and as soon as the attack is done u reappear.

bobson

Smash Lord
- Are we going to MAKE mewtwo's voice or are we only using his brawl lost voice?
Since sound effects can't be changed yet, we'll most likely just leave him silent. It's more badass that way, anyway.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Could anyone upload a preview of his moveset and whatnot to youtube, perhaps?
I'm interested in seeing how you made his Teleport!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
great job, the down taunt looks sweet just wish the lightning would last a little longer, instead of flashing into the up taunt
Oh, I have much more epic things planned for DTaunt and his entry...stay tuned...

I was thinking of a few ideas for mewtwo's moveset:

- Instead of his melee "tailwhip" he could keep his f-tilt lucario animation and make it act differently. My idea is: a single hit of darkness that send the opponent in an 80 degree angle(0 being over him) Making a forcepush (psy push?) kind of effect that actually push the opponent backward instead of sending him diagonally in the air.

- I wonder if taking a part of his forward 1st jump and putting it as a run animation would look good, Or repeating his dash at the begenning of his run animation while making him float(like in D taunt :D) OMG lucario swimming forward is awesome for that too check it out!!!

-For his Dair the platform drop animation looks the closest from his melee Dair, mabye with a hitbox... The best case scenario would be if a downward angled Uair to follow after the Platform drop. Its a bit complicated...
1) I'm not really sure what you're saying here. And I plan on making all the tail attacks and building a tail out of dark flames to trail off of Lucario =D!

2) Wow! Thank you so much! I completely forgot xD! I'll put this on my to-do list for the next BETA.

3)Uhh...I don't think I can rotate Lucario when he goes into an animation...but if I can I will give this a shot.
Things i noticed in the Beta: (Don't worry i won't say to make it do darkness dmg^^)

- Jab kick too much *** (fox's nightmare!!)
- if i finish teleporting on the ground i can't teleport again, its weird...
- Nair sparkle is placed weird (but im sure its not completed yet right?)
- Teleport is a bit slow compared to melee(but it looks awesome!!)
- The sparkle used on his airdodge is a bit big in my opinion
- BEESSSSSST TAUNT EVARR
- His jumps are weird, his 1st is too low to get aboard most platforms and his second just go waaaay over it
- No shorthop T.T
1) Are you saying that the Jab is too good?
2) That is just leftover from Lucario's Extreme Speed. I'll see what I can do about bypassing that.
3)The Nair sparkles are placed on the hitboxes, which is where they were in melee iirc. Maybe they're a little big, but I think its fine as is for now.
4)I'm making this balanced with Brawl+, so that might be part of the problem. I really wanna just find a speed up code that is part of the .pac file...
5) Yea, I kinda feel that way too. I'll shrink it a bit.
6) =D Thanks! it will be better next time though.
7)Yea, his jumps were all guesswork for me...and I was playing on FD...so I forgot to check platforms...oops =x!
8) O.o Really? How is that possible.

Allright now i have a few question for you all:

- Are you god? :p
1) I hope to God I don't have to make them. We'll probably import them when that option opens up to us.
2) At some point, yes. Until then, silence is golden.
3) Not yet.

i'm testing it right and i LOVE it. although i found a glitch. when u do an air dodge when you're about to land and do a ground attack as soon as u hit the floor while still invisible, u stay invisible and as soon as the attack is done u reappear.
*notes to add visibility = true on all tilts*

OKAY! Here is how the Beta Release system works now:
1) I make a todo list.
2) I work on it.
3) I release the .pac when I finish all work on the todo list, and then repeat.

I'll make the to do list right now and post it and stuff.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If only I could test this along with the new nightly....but all characters have pacs now. so I would have to remove lucario's pac in order to test this. D:

franc1234567890

Smash Rookie
If only I could test this along with the new nightly....but all characters have pacs now. so I would have to remove lucario's pac in order to test this. D:
Just rename it and swap them when needed.

@darkDragoon: All right! all tail whip moves mill be back??
It just came to my mind, F throw *glups*

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
just some notes from the testing of the latest mewtwo:

on his nair, it should be his up or down taunt animation. those would look a lot better. And the hits need to connect better. Kirby could escape this with ease.

Down b: second hit needs to knock away, and this currently doesn't do anything in the air.

SuSa

DD:

If ground
Disable stuff you have

Else
Knockback = something, no growth

At least do that, and we'll try to find the status Boolean. (Check Lucas's B move. It won't refreeze if frozen so maybe it has a boolean to check if it's frozen? CHECK IT!)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just rename it and swap them when needed.

@darkDragoon: All right! all tail whip moves mill be back??
It just came to my mind, F throw *glups*
I already have an idea for FThrow. That is probably going to be on the final "To-Do" list though, because it requires prop manipulation...like...a lot of it...

Any vids of this stuff?

Stupid wii doesn't work so I can't test anything but I wanna see this.
Ace<3
If no one posts one then I'll make a video of my updated pac later.
DD:

If ground
Disable stuff you have

Else
Knockback = something, no growth

At least do that, and we'll try to find the status Boolean. (Check Lucas's B move. It won't refreeze if frozen so maybe it has a boolean to check if it's frozen? CHECK IT!)

Yea, yea.
I will, I will.

-DD

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I can't test it right now; can someone make a video of the most recent beta? I want to see the fixed teleport :D

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
just some notes from the testing of the latest mewtwo:

on his nair, it should be his up or down taunt animation. those would look a lot better. And the hits need to connect better. Kirby could escape this with ease.

Down b: second hit needs to knock away, and this currently doesn't do anything in the air.
^This. <3 quoting myself. Anyways, how do you plan on fixing these?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
^This. <3 quoting myself. Anyways, how do you plan on fixing these?
Uhh...
The Nair stuff I'm not sure where to place. How well it works is based entirely on how you approach with it. Sure, they can escape, but you also have wicked good aerial mobility, and you should just read their DI and follow. Except for possibly some cosmetic changes or adjustments in BKB/KBG, NAir is all set.

The Disable I'll mess with tonight after messing with animations for things. I have an idea on how I want to work it now.

Here is the current TODO List:
AIRDODGE:
At end go to SubAction 20

JAB:
1->2->1 repeating while button held;
Add visible = true to 1.

USmash:
Assist Trophy

UThrow:
Item UThrow

Dash:
Swimming Animation?

NAir:
Change animation to UTaunt

DownB:
Try SuSa's thing.

DSmash:
Make it! Use DwnFTilt.

FSmash:
Make it! Use Fire Aurasphere Animation.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Sorry for being mean. I still love you <3 (no homo)

EDIT: it's too bad that we can't give him melee mewtwo's sexy uthrow :(

and swimming animation would just look weird, with the arms flailing around and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom