• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Swimming failed. Badly.

Now I'm trying different jump settings until one makes me happy.

I got him his shorthop back! And his Full jump is good! Now I'm working out a good double jump.
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
so did phantom wings end his smash hacking career with plan zero? Is he still working on improving it? Or did he start investigating model hacks? Does anyone ever know what phantom wings is working on before it's released?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
He's just taking a brief break. Considering his program is in full working order already, I can see why. I'm sure he'll come back to it when he feels the need to. (It's only been like a week anyway.)

netrunui

Smash Cadet
yeah I know, and to think mewtwo wouldn't be NEARLY as great as this without phantom wings

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yeah I know, and to think mewtwo wouldn't be NEARLY as great as this without phantom wings
so did phantom wings end his smash hacking career with plan zero? Is he still working on improving it? Or did he start investigating model hacks? Does anyone ever know what phantom wings is working on before it's released?
1) Pharrox is doing model hacks, he has a thread on this board somewhere.
2) As stated, hes chillin' out, getting around to bug fixes every couple of days as needed.
3) Mewtwo wouldn't even exist right now if it was for the SA program. No way in hell was I going to slosh through code after code in Gecko and keep reloading until it worked. At least not until I got really bored.

4) I updated the to do list.
5) I'm going to make a video now of the current to do list.pac. Yay teasers!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Can't wait to see a video of the updates! c:

Yay for D-smash c:

And maybe try his Up-B movement animation for running?
I'll try it later.

Hmm...I think I forgot to use DSmash in the video...

Ah well, stupid Youtube and my terrible upload times...I'll post the video when I wake up...unless someone searches it out on Youtube and posts it before I do...my account is DarkDragoonCGC.

Gnite~
-DD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I suppose I'll post it.

Edit: It's not on the profile anywhere. :ohwell:

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
New nair is awesome, animation fits perfectly. Also liking the new Usmash animation.

But I think I messed up on Disable somewhere, they eyes weren't supposed to stay yellow till the animation ends. I'll look into that and I have an idea how make nair's gfx resemble melee's. I'll PM you once I have some results.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
This is awesome.
I wish there were some screenshots someone could post or something though.
>=[ I posted a video! Geez!

When I release Beta4 [Next one is Beta 3] I'll post screenies too.

Anyways...
Thanks for the feedback =D!
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have an idea for his dash attack: Wouldn't a normal-tilted ftilt look good for his dash attack? with darkness hit effect, of course.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have an idea for his dash attack: Wouldn't a normal-tilted ftilt look good for his dash attack? with darkness hit effect, of course.
Nope. I already figured out Dash Attack though :3~

Its hard to do moving attacks x.x... I figured out a good animation for FAir though!

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Did you figure out how to do the Final Smash?
*lots of blinking*

Well, I know I can't make Lucas's happen...because I just can't.

So I think when I do the final phase before 1.0, I'll make the Final Smash...

:3 We'll have FS Auditions! Post your ideas for it, and if its possible and I like it, then we'll do it.

I was thinking something like Zapdos in Melee...where it just shocks everyone on the stage...
but between shocks it would pull them in towards Mewtwo, and if you're too close at the end of the move, then you get caught in a black fire whirlwind...

Should be possible if I put way too much effort into it!

-DD

bobson

Smash Lord
As soon as I clear up enough life crud to get my time back at a premium (probably a week from now), I'll start working on a bunch of different final smashes. I like making big flashy attacks.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You could make a giant spiral of hitboxes that move a bit every frame so it would look like the darkness is moving.
:p That was the idea.

As soon as I clear up enough life crud to get my time back at a premium (probably a week from now), I'll start working on a bunch of different final smashes. I like making big flashy attacks.
=o Deal.
-DD

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Woops! Didn't see the video since it was in the box thing. =P
Watching now, sorry.
Lol. First jab doesn't hit. xD

Edit- How long till Beta 3 and 4 come out?
When are you guys making the texture for him?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ugh. Download the BETA 2. (2) (2) get it? the one with a 2?.

and put in in ( x: )/private/wii/APP/RSBE/PF/fighter/Lucario. put it in lucario's folder and name it FitLucario.pac.

x being the root of the sd card.

and if you want the mewtwo textures, download the zip with all the mewtwo skins, and extract it to the same place as the other download, but since these are textures, they'll have numbers at the end of them.

For further information, check out the Textures without ISO hacking thread.

So, like they'll be, FitLucario00, FitLucario01, etc. I'ma go get a color number list real quick.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80758 the texture hacking post in this has color numbers and the proper names for the characters.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
yea thanks symphonic, i know about texture and colors thanks. I just didnt know you could change chars using their folders... almost seems like we might be able to change a char soon based on the fit #? who knows, things are moving fast

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, it doesn't use their folders.

Like, on the disc, everyone has a "Fit_________.pac" inside of their folder.

Basically what we're doing here is replacing Lucario's standard pac file with an edited one.

That's what the file patch code does. Replaces files. :D Oh and btw make sure you have the latest file patch code. 3.5.1.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Jab is stupidly broken......
And now it is stupidly fixed!
:D!
And its pretty easy to DI out of before I fixed it too. Even bowser was escaping on me =[.

Woops! Didn't see the video since it was in the box thing. =P
Watching now, sorry.
Lol. First jab doesn't hit. xD

Edit- How long till Beta 3 and 4 come out?
When are you guys making the texture for him?
Beta 3 might be out as soon as tonight, and Beta 4 will probably launch Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

I'll make a video for each one :3.

The texture is already made, but I don't have it on me. I'll grab it later when I feel like getting it.
-DD

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
i tested m2. i wondered if i dl'd everything right? I am not getting the same nair animation as in your video (default). My fair is not shadow claw (reg kick). UPsmash is normal too. what did work was Nair, teleport, and down B. Nair is ridiculously OP too since there is no ending lag, you can use a move right after nair finishes, like another nair -_-. teleport is pretty cool but can you add some invuln frames to the beggining until he completes teleport? Cuz right now its just an invisible dash u could still get hit :(. Also idono if possible but the pathing would be better if u couldnt curve it like lucario's up b and after the teleport is complete u should have much less air mobility, pretty much none. Oh and is it possible to take off the auto sweetspot? :p sorry great job so far i am liking it but too powerful for now

Uffe

Smash Hero
From the looks of it, his first jump is the equivalent of his second jump. In Melee his first jump was able to land onto the first platform on Battlefield. His second jump was normally godly in Melee as well. His Teleport allowed him to reach the second platform on Battlefield as well. What you do is up to you, but I'm just letting you know this in case you hadn't already checked or changed it. And I have to agree with those YouTubers with using Wolf's fair for his fair. I know you said not to bring up move sets, but I'm going to anyway. Oh, one more thing. His u-smash has a little bit more range than what you had in the video. Like you could stand toe-to-toe with Fox and the u-smash would hit.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of it, his first jump is the equivalent of his second jump. In Melee his first jump was able to land onto the first platform on Battlefield. His second jump was normally godly in Melee as well. His Teleport allowed him to reach the second platform on Battlefield as well. What you do is up to you, but I'm just letting you know this in case you hadn't already checked or changed it. And I have to agree with those YouTubers with using Wolf's fair for his fair. I know you said not to bring up move sets, but I'm going to anyway. Oh, one more thing. His u-smash has a little bit more range than what you had in the video. Like you could stand toe-to-toe with Fox and the u-smash would hit.
We said not to bring up movesets because it's useless, not any other reason. Useless. We understand that Wolf's Fair is like Mewtwo's. Lucario does not have that animation, so it is useless.

Unless more work has been done with that guy and Wolf's idle animations being put on another character. But I haven't been keeping up with that thread.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
As much as we'd like to use another character's animation, we simply cannot. It's impossible to transfer animations from one character to another. That's what the 'don't bring up move comparison' means, it's pointless to do so cause it's impossible.

As for the teleport, I can't speak for DD but I've got no clue how do edit the momentum on there. Momentum is a tricky thing to being with it seems to mostly come from the animation itself and in that case we can't edit it. There might a command somewhere that controls that momentum, even a command to add specific gravity to a move would be enough.

A lot of the commands that can be accessed by SA are still undefined so obviously this Mewtwo is in very early beta. Right now it's more about finding fitting animations, getting the moves to resemble the melee versions and get the basic concepts in place. Balancing and all that stuff can come when we have the basic moveset ready and hopefully more insight on SA.

Correct me if I'm wrong DD.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
As much as we'd like to use another character's animation, we simply cannot. It's impossible to transfer animations from one character to another. That's what the 'don't bring up move comparison' means, it's pointless to do so cause it's impossible.

As for the teleport, I can't speak for DD but I've got no clue how do edit the momentum on there. Momentum is a tricky thing to being with it seems to mostly come from the animation itself and in that case we can't edit it. There might a command somewhere that controls that momentum, even a command to add specific gravity to a move would be enough.

A lot of the commands that can be accessed by SA are still undefined so obviously this Mewtwo is in very early beta. Right now it's more about finding fitting animations, getting the moves to resemble the melee versions and get the basic concepts in place. Balancing and all that stuff can come when we have the basic moveset ready and hopefully more insight on SA.

Correct me if I'm wrong DD.
Uhh...I know how to modify the distance traveled by Teleport, it is tied directly in with the momentum. How it is now though, it goes past the top platform of battlefield.

Granted, Brawl's Battlefield has a lower top platform, so yea. And his single jump reaches the side platforms now, and second jump is Godly. I can travel under battlefield to the opposite ledge using both jumps and teleport. Its kinda hard to do, but I can xD!

Also, I suggest turning tapjump off, because using teleport out of your first jump tends to activate the second jump right before you use it, and then it gets wasted.

As of now I'm not sure how to set the teleport paths into straight lines only, and I don't know how to remove auto-ledge grab.

As for the guy up there thinking he has the wrong one, don't worry, the one in the video is a more updated one that I was just showing off. Tonight's* video will match tonight's* release.

But I try to balance them before I release them...I mean...just turn on a level 9 CPU and see how well Mewtwo does...in my experience[using Brawl+], Level 9 NPCs tend to just chew me up and spit me out, since most of my moves don't even work together anymore.

*Tonight is subject to mean "tomorrow night" or "some time that is not tonight" and refers only to Beta 3, whose features can be found on the "To Do" box in the OP.
-DD

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Try doing a short hop double nair DD and i gaurentee comps wont touch ya ^_-. but my brawl+ 5.0 was installed wrong so i had a FEW errors with some chars, so it may have effected my m2? no idea, prob not since i dl'd its own gct file. but i will give it another go on tonights release :). yea i think they had problems making lucario's up b not auto sweet spot, so they let itstay. But iuno, that was a while ago and they also kept it for balance of his week recovery, there might be something

is there any way to change the shadowball color and also add more arial knockback from recoil? oh and a bigger hitbox when charging the shadowball, knda like what you did with nuetral A but around the ball :X

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Try doing a short hop double nair DD and i gaurentee comps wont touch ya ^_-. but my brawl+ 5.0 was installed wrong so i had a FEW errors with some chars, so it may have effected my m2? no idea, prob not since i dl'd its own gct file. but i will give it another go on tonights release :). yea i think they had problems making lucario's up b not auto sweet spot, so they let itstay. But iuno, that was a while ago and they also kept it for balance of his week recovery, there might be something

is there any way to change the shadowball color and also add more arial knockback from recoil? oh and a bigger hitbox when charging the shadowball, knda like what you did with nuetral A but around the ball :X
Uh...yea, something is definitely messed up for you, because I can only NAir once per SH...and its just under the full animation...

Then again, I have an updated .pac, and you don't.

I can't change anything about Aurasphere, to my knowledge, but I can put the zap boxes around the charge animation, which I'll do for Beta4.

>=P.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Uh...yea, something is definitely messed up for you, because I can only NAir once per SH...and its just under the full animation...

Then again, I have an updated .pac, and you don't.

I can't change anything about Aurasphere, to my knowledge, but I can put the zap boxes around the charge animation, which I'll do for Beta4.

>=P.
u can't even alter the ammount of knockback Lucario gets when he fires it? And wondering if u can make the orb more wobbly when it fires xD? Yea, i was also in a broken version of brawl+ when i tested, sorry.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
u can't even alter the ammount of knockback Lucario gets when he fires it? And wondering if u can make the orb more wobbly when it fires xD? Yea, i was also in a broken version of brawl+ when i tested, sorry.
Uhh...I need to look into if I can control how the projectile travels...since I think you can from what I can tell looking at Samus' grapple.

The knockback I KNOW I can do, and infact, will do, just because you asked, for tonight's release.

-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom