• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
The aerials are slow(esp dair), the dodge is weird, and the down special needs a biggerhit box.
tbqh I rarely trust much feedbak asking for buffs because way too many people want someone buffed because they suck/want an easy win with the character
then the character becomes op and no one likes it

which is why I try to avoid suggesting a character be buffed unless he severely needs it

weird dodge sounds bad though

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Buffs can be very small too, don't forget.

Also, the dodge is very wonky, and I haven't really looked into fixing it yet.

:3 I have a math final in the morning though, so it needs to wait.
-DD

Photos

Smash Journeyman
tbqh I rarely trust much feedbak asking for buffs because way too many people want someone buffed because they suck/want an easy win with the character
then the character becomes op and no one likes it

which is why I try to avoid suggesting a character be buffed unless he severely needs it

weird dodge sounds bad though
Well, the aerials don't really need anything except for the dair. It's slower than ganons and doesn't do too much. But the down special only needs a very slight size adjustment. It's just small enough so that it's kinda annoying and really hard to land. Too much trouble to set up or use. And yeah, the dodge is really wonky.

Edit: it's fairly easy for me to beat a lvl 9 w/ a reg character, but it's much too difficult w/ mewtwo. That's kinda what I'm gauging for too hard to use. Or the comp lvl 9 vs random lvl 9, but same result, too hard for mewtwo.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Does anybody else have the problem that where either you do Mewtwo's AAA, or using his grab attack several times, causing the game to freeze?

psfanatic

Smash Rookie
Does anybody else have the problem that where either you do Mewtwo's AAA, or using his grab attack several times, causing the game to freeze?
Yes, I do, however this only happens when I'm using the original Lucario model with the latest moveset (I think its the 9.19.10.pac) When I'm using the Mewtwo model its fine.

My question, is there a Lucario model that is compatible with this moveset? If not, oh well I didn't want to replace Lucario completely, but I suppose that is the whole point of this moveset, to get rid of Lucario ;)

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
WHEN WILL THIS BE
RELEASED!!!

sorry, just... this is taking too long. seriously. please at least release the lastest work. please.
The lastest work is this( only motion etc)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5496
with this
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9950(models-textures)
and this(PSA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?qgq5czmancyjkyr
The final version will be released with Project M

Yes, I do, however this only happens when I'm using the original Lucario model with the latest moveset (I think its the 9.19.10.pac) When I'm using the Mewtwo model its fine.

My question, is there a Lucario model that is compatible with this moveset? If not, oh well I didn't want to replace Lucario completely, but I suppose that is the whole point of this moveset, to get rid of Lucario ;)
Look for the second link of my previous quote

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Buffs can be very small too, don't forget.
true, but I do hope you don't forget that many small buffs can buff a character drastically overall

Well, the aerials don't really need anything except for the dair. It's slower than ganons and doesn't do too much. But the down special only needs a very slight size adjustment. It's just small enough so that it's kinda annoying and really hard to land. Too much trouble to set up or use. And yeah, the dodge is really wonky.

Edit: it's fairly easy for me to beat a lvl 9 w/ a reg character, but it's much too difficult w/ mewtwo. That's kinda what I'm gauging for too hard to use. Or the comp lvl 9 vs random lvl 9, but same result, too hard for mewtwo.
you're playing comps...
you can't base anything off that

**** I need to play some B+ and test this, I can't trust anyone's feedback that isnt my own
I know there is something to complain about that could use fixing....

AceSe3don

Smash Ace

Well.. I know it's weird seeing me here but I just have to check back every moment.
The problem with the Lucario model would be the head... Rename the head and neck to what they are in the Mewtwo model.
And RHaveN and LHaveN should have _NULL at their end too.
Hope this helps.

psfanatic

Smash Rookie
Look for the second link of my previous quote
Cool, thanks smasher4roy. This is just what I needed. It turns out I needed to update the Mewtwo model I was using as well, since it helped me fix Lucario's model.

Well.. I know it's weird seeing me here but I just have to check back every moment.
The problem with the Lucario model would be the head... Rename the head and neck to what they are in the Mewtwo model.
And RHaveN and LHaveN should have _NULL at their end too.
Hope this helps.
Yep this worked, thank you AceSe3don. It seems, I had an older(but still was okay with the moveset) model of Mewtwo(bones were named, 1,2,3 and 4). With the link smasher4roy provided, I ended up with the correct bones and fixed Lucario's model with the method you described above.

Does anybody still have on their computer the Mewtwo moveset where it charges its Shadow Ball over its head when he's in the air, rather than from behind, like Lucario does? I used to have it, and I liked it a lot, but you guys took it out of a later build, and I want to reintroduce it to my FitMotion.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody still have on their computer the Mewtwo moveset where it charges its Shadow Ball over its head when he's in the air, rather than from behind, like Lucario does? I used to have it, and I liked it a lot, but you guys took it out of a later build, and I want to reintroduce it to my FitMotion.
it might be here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o03ib398xsyrj

did the last lucario-esque version do it? because if it did, i have the last version of mewtwo right before the currrent mewtwo model.:cool:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wasn't it in BSZ's Mewtwo package when he attempted Mewtwo?
I remember that as his ground charge...

Yes, and all the rest of the SpecialAirN's thanks so much. Im going to edit the animations so it works with the rest of our Mewtwo.

edit: I NEED the rest of the SpecialNAir's to get started.

SolidSnake141

Smash Cadet
After playing the latest version of this, I gotta say, finally feels like a real Mewtwo. Though, honestly, some if not all attacks + taunts are either a tiny bit too fast or very fast. An example is the down taunt. Sure, I know that this is far from done in terms of comparison, but I just felt to note this. Other then that, and some of the model (tail, holes near arm/armpit), this is coming along fantastically!

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
*Climbs up Temporal Tower dramatically and nervously, and beats up Primal Dialga and then...*
Yoodalayiihooo.
Err...
Hey guys, still running slow?
I wasted ~80% of my summer vacation on this thing so you guys better finish it up. :p
Man Internet is addictive...
(Again? Please don't argue.)
At this [kindof] spring-ish time I would love to go out for a walk.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
*Climbs up Temporal Tower dramatically and nervously, and beats up Primal Dialga and then...*
Yoodalayiihooo.
Err...
I wasted ~80% of my summer vacation on this thing so you guys better finish it up. :p
You and DarkDragoon were pretty much the only ones who made significant progress (sorry to others who contributed, but recently they made most of the moves, animations) and DarkDragoon hasn't been around in a while. Hence, the near completion state of limbo the project is in. You don't need to finish it if you don't want to, but I'm just updating you to the current state of affairs. And I don't think anyone wants to start that flame war again.

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
Yoodalayiihooo.
Err...
It seems that Mewtwo is now part of Project M and DarkDragoon is working with them so the final release will be in Project M

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Once the Project: M version is done, will there be another version tuned for BBrawl? Or does nobody care about that? :ohwell:
Mewtwo for ProjectM will probably be just fine for BBrawl. If he isn't then its just a case of changing up some frame speeds, but I doubt he'll even need that.

:] DS22 and I have work to do, but its a pretty busy schedule to deal with.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Lol... I don't want to start the flame war again either but...
ADDICTION!@!@!@!
Ecks Dee.
Good luck guys.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
*watches*

There isn't enough delay on the u-tilt I reckon, and the air attack where he uses his tail (b-air?) looks really awkward. Some of those throws look a little awkward too such as forward throw. You should make it hold the enemy in place if you can. And finally, that final smash is TERRIBLE (especially if you admit you don't even know the purpose of it), but everything else is looking nice, so great job!

THE AURA IS MINE! THE AURA IS MINE! THE AURA IS MINE!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
good job and good far you have come!

but some animations is kinda wierd like F/D throw and some other attacks :/

also, I saw mewtwo lacks of win poses so I am trying to recreate one of his win animations from melee

Roo525

Smash Ace
Hmm... I just realized something. There is a color pack for mewtwo on the vault that has all of Lucario's "Hair Pieces" removed. You know, the ones around his neck and stuff? And I noticed in-game, THESE mewtwo models did not have the spikey sholder glitch like most models do. It might not have been the hair exactly, but the models have something that causes the Sholders to look normal in-game.

The only issue is the models freeze the game when the AAA or grab attack is used, as we discussed before.

Is this old news, and I am just being dumb or something? Because thats totally believeable.

good job and good far you have come!

but some animations is kinda wierd like F/D throw and some other attacks :/

also, I saw mewtwo lacks of win poses so I am trying to recreate one of his win animations from melee
Looking good so far Pikazz!! :3

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Why didn't you guys recreate his melee sideB and downB? I am sure the sideB might be a bit hard to code but the downB sans the only working from behind is possible to code. On hit is dizzy effect. If hit opponent go to tumble.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
You guys really need to change the side B back to the original for a multitude of reasons. I know you guys want to make Mewtwo a more unique character, but in all honesty, you guys are doing it wrong

I'm guessing that his new Side B is suppose to be Psycho Cut? Were there any reasons that you chose this move over his standard side B, besides that you guys wanted him to be more unique? I do a lot of competitive and casual*** Pokémon matches, and I have never seen anyone use a Mewtwo with Psycho Cut. Mewtwo's ATK stat is balls, so I wouldn't see it going very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom