• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

Hmm... Should I keep going?

EDIT: Caused a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ingame... Of course.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Why would a simple model edit freeze the game? Gah, I hope the model edit I'm currently making for a PSA character of mine doesn't freeze....or else I'll have to wait till model importing becomes possible. :<

Anyways, keep up the work. Did you hapen to change the bones outside of scaling them? That may have caused the beep.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
not sure why people want to get pichu/dr mario/roy back in the game, they were just cheap ripoffs of mario/pikachu/marth. I agree Pichu was controlled better, but thats it. I only used him as a joke because he hurts himself in Melee making him kinda dumb. My group of friends deemed him the "****** character" and thats why i used him, so i could go "Man you lose to the ******** character you SUCK!"

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Whoa, Dsull, way to put down all the people working at creating these characters. They were clones in Melee. This is Brawl. Thus, they are not clones anymore. They will be similar, but not clones. Think melee Luigi. Did anyone probably want him back into melee from 64? NO, he was a CLONE. But when Melee added Side B's, etc, Luigi is not Mario. Luigi is Luigi. See what I mean?

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Whoa, Dsull, way to put down all the people working at creating these characters. They were clones in Melee. This is Brawl. Thus, they are not clones anymore. They will be similar, but not clones. Think melee Luigi. Did anyone probably want him back into melee from 64? NO, he was a CLONE. But when Melee added Side B's, etc, Luigi is not Mario. Luigi is Luigi. See what I mean?
Yea i didnt mean to sound so blunt about it like i did my bad. i couldnt do this even if i tried cuz i have no programming experience (i work on crafts/paints, not computer codes for hobbies).
If i could do this i'd make a megaman in a heartbeat lol. Even subtle changes like on the Pichu one im sure are far harder than they appear.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
My beef with Pichu is this. Where were all his fans before Brawl came out and we found out he wasn't there? ;_;

I recall very few who actually cared about him. Now though that he's gone...

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Its not really complicated, in Melee they were clones, sometimes too similar (looking at you Doc). But now in Brawl, we have the ability to make them equal to their base as well as luigified. Pichu in Brawl is nowhere near to Melee Pichu, the same can be said about Roy, Young Link and Doc. Even the true Brawl characters have been luigified, Falco is now very different from Fox and Ganon from Falcon.

But as always, you never really miss something until its gone, that's why we care about them now.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yea i didnt mean to sound so blunt about it like i did my bad. i couldnt do this even if i tried cuz i have no programming experience (i work on crafts/paints, not computer codes for hobbies).
If i could do this i'd make a megaman in a heartbeat lol. Even subtle changes like on the Pichu one im sure are far harder than they appear.
It's ok, I just thought you were against bringing them back. I kind of overreacted lol. Yes, I was thinking about a MegaMan, but my hands are full with Doc. If no one else gets to him by Doc v1.0, well... we'll see :) (Im probably digging my own grave here lol).

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I loved Pichu in Melee. Near the end of Melee's lifespan before Brawl came out, Pichu was the only reason I really played it, since he and Link were the only Characters that I thought felt okay to play.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Pre-Build 2.0 coming in a few seconds. (This is official, I want it to be 2.0 but DBK will PMS if it is, so let's call it a prebeta)

It won't include the model change; I got it working, but I have not tried resizing the body or applying to all of the animations (quite frankly atm im too lazy and I have work to do.)

But PW made me gasm and now... Now self-damage is possible.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey!! Did Ya Hear We Can Do self Damage Now!! :D

EDIT: **** it TSONO I was gonna break the news >:U

BUT you didnt say how :chuckle:

"Don't worry, be emo":laugh:

1E030100 Add Damage

parameter 1-Scalar: Damage to Add.

Happy Holidays! (or Emo Holidays.:p)
EDIT2: How exactly DID you edit the pikachu model like that? animations? or was it in the model editor..?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It won't include the model change; I got it working, but I have not tried resizing the body or applying to all of the animations (quite frankly atm im too lazy and I have work to do.)
Don't worry about the model stuff. I'll take care of that if you want. :3 Anyways, I made a tired animation for 100% and above, so I kinda want that in if possible :(, so it would make it easier if I did the animations.
Hey!! Did Ya Hear We Can Do self Damage Now!! :D

EDIT: **** it TSONO I was gonna break the news >:U

BUT you didnt say how :chuckle:

EDIT2: How exactly DID you edit the pikachu model like that? animations? or was it in the model editor..?
BBox.
And **** yeah! :D Now then... to work! :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well, eff this, I'm just gonna upload the fitPikachu.pac when im done.

The rest of the stuff will be zipped on the OP mediafire whenever DBK gets on.

30 mins tops to emochu.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait >< Before you do all that work, do you want the FitPikachu I did with the discharge fixes and so on?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...I'll PM you 2.0 when I'm done with it, you tweak discharge, and give it back, OK? XD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
okay.

QUICK POLL:
DTAUNT, WHAT TO DO WITH IT.

A. Pikachu utaunt (charge), does 2% to you every 3 frames and has allow interrupt whenever you want.
B. DIKAIIIIIIII (current)
C. Something else that we can do within 2 mins.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
D. The original D-taunt, seeing as how it was meant to be a reference to Pichu's taunt anyways.

Veril

Frame Savant
obviously whatever is cuter is the correct choice.

I'm sad about the self-damage. It was probably the stupidest quality any character has had in any smash game (possibly tied with DK's susceptibility to the standing infinite from DDD).

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Do we really need to make Pichu damage itself? I think if we restricted the self damage just to something like taunt A people would be able to utilize self damage to its maximum potential along with being able to choose to have a slightly safer fighting style with Pichu by forgoing self damage.

Pichu's pretty balanced right now as is. I think that a self damage d-taunt while still keeping moves free from self damage will give Pichu users a more advanced level of gameplay to master while still allowing not as serious users an easier experience by allowing them to keep their % as low as possible.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
But....I like Emochu. And it's not like it was the reason he got bottom tier anyways(though I do think it turned players away so his metagame isn't as developed as it should be). Besides that, Aura is supposed to be a fix to that problem(he gets stronger as he hurts himself). Should be perfectly fine.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I sped up utaunt, so if you can out-camp or w/e your opponent long enough, you should be able to get like 30% back. It's not a huge speedup, but it works.

And Pichu is not Pichu without self-damage. Discharge makes it an advantage as well as a disadvantage. If you play cautiously and wreck peoples' openings with the massive strings Pichu has with high percentages, you should be much better off now that self damage exists.

Veril

Frame Savant
wait. Pichu has the aura quality scaling with %? That and self-damage would be really cool. If you want I can help make a B+ balanced Pichu after finals are done.

I used to second Pichu in melee, so the idea of a viable pichu is both wonderful and completely alien lol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Alright new .pacs are up!

Finally, no more decimals @_@

Pichu v2!

Changes

Moveset

Dsmash: hitboxes faster, cooldown even slower than before
Uthrow: 75%+ Discharge release time fixed.
SideB: Hitting a wall cancels it into the hit-with-sideB animation. Let's say it "interrupts faster".

Cosmetic

Self-damage added, if you have any complaints (about throws in particular), please do tell.
Dtaunt reverted to Pikachu's
Utaunt sped up a tad.

How to Play as Pichu:

Download either Male Pichu or Female Pichu from the mediafire link in the OP and place all the files in /pf/fighter/pikachu.

Credit goes to Register for the textures in the Male Pichu pac. Red, Blue, and Green Pichu in the Female Pichu pac are created by D.B.K.
As always, any questions and comments are welcome.

wait. Pichu has the aura quality scaling with %? That and self-damage would be really cool. If you want I can help make a B+ balanced Pichu after finals are done.

I used to second Pichu in melee, so the idea of a viable pichu is both wonderful and completely alien lol
lol, yeah, I hardcoded that BS on like 6 moves. It took me about a week. XD. It's not Aura element but it works the same way for the most part.

And Pichu was actually balanced for B+... If you don't think that she is, you're free to make any changes without asking though. :p

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Alright new .pacs are up!

Finally, no more decimals @_@

Pichu v2!

Changes

Moveset

Dsmash: hitboxes faster, cooldown even slower than before
Uthrow: 75%+ Discharge release time fixed.
SideB: Hitting a wall cancels it into the hit-with-sideB animation. Let's say it "interrupts faster".

Cosmetic

Self-damage added, if you have any complaints (about throws in particular), please do tell.
Dtaunt reverted to Pikachu's
Utaunt sped up a tad.

How to Play as Pichu:

Download either Male Pichu or Female Pichu from the mediafire link in the OP and place all the files in /pf/fighter/pikachu.

Credit goes to Register for the textures in the Male Pichu pac. Red, Blue, and Green Pichu in the Female Pichu pac are created by D.B.K.
As always, any questions and comments are welcome.

lol, yeah, I hardcoded that BS on like 6 moves. It took me about a week. XD. It's not Aura element but it works the same way for the most part.

And Pichu was actually balanced for B+... If you don't think that she is, you're free to make any changes without asking though. :p
NOOOOOO what happened to your Pichu model editing skillllllll??

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...That is coming later. I do not have nearly enough free time at this point to polish the ears, make the body thinner, reshape the feet, reshape the head, then apply it to EVERY SINGLE ATTACK ;_;

Top Bottom