• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ah, I thought it was polygon editing, but its all of the animations?! Nvm lol. Save it for Model Importing.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey chief, you've got the orange spark spray coming out of her head for the dizzy animation. I think you wanted electricity, not metal skidding effect. Try graphic 4.

EDIT: Head smash with the attack bones on the tail? >.>

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
And then there were 4. . .

So, is Pichu pretty much set now? Besides Usmash of course?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Most of the electric moves do a measly 1 damage per hitbox o,O

***** himself? I think that's a bit of an overstatement, don't you?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Most of the electric attacks do multiple 1-damage increments. I don't know of anything that only does 1% to her, except the pummel.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
why do we want self-damage?
Pichu's staple? =D

I tried Pichu and he was pretty balanced, fast enough to pressure/kill opponents quickly, while some moves over 100% kill him instantly, also DK's Utilt to Pichu is embarrasing <_<;;

Oh and:
I NOMINATE PICHU AS THE NEW GLASS CANNON

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Pichu's staple? =D

I tried Pichu and he was pretty balanced, fast enough to pressure/kill opponents quickly, while some moves over 100% kill him instantly, also DK's Utilt to Pichu is embarrasing <_<;;

Oh and:
Agreed.

10char

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
FSmash, Bair and discharge boosted Usmash are good for outright kill moves. Dair and Fair work pretty well for gimps.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
As far as I have played against lvl 9 CPUs, I alternately KO'd and got KO'd, usually after a kill, the percentage in Pichu would be about 100+ average. So upon spawn, i'm almost vulnerable to small tilts and throws.

The only thing that would make those factors change is in gimping ability, Pichu's got lots of options for it as well as spiking. Bair would be good on FD, and also getting the hang of Thunder Spiking and "Faster Reaction" Agility.

IMO, the only way Pichu can get an advantage is to gimp, spike or out-do the opponent. I can't seem to fare well in a regular fight (No Advantages/Dis).

EDIT:
I'm so happy, I'm made CoolEdge Blue Electricity for Male Pichu here you go guys:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed2ut4fwaom

EDIT2:
And yes....
THE GLASS CANNON!!

jalued

Smash Lord
pichu is an amazing feit of coding, but wy does he do 3% self harm for recovering (his upB)? and 5% for downB. just seems slightly too much self harm atm, can u make it like 0.8 damage per electric hitbox or something? 4% for nB, 4% for side B etc, just slightly too high imo

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Pichu's staple? =D

Oh and:
Who was the old glass cannon?

Also, uploading tweaked version of Pichu. :3 Added discharge damage boost, fixed the hitboxes for the usmash, and added graphics. Also, I changed the damage eye graphic for the female. I just thought they looked funny the way they were. You can take a look at them if you want.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...What the hell is a Glass Cannon? -.o

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
A character that can be very powerful but has a few proeminent weaknesses.

Ex: Jigglypuff that can kill early with rest and combo in the air more than any other character, is slow and very light.

Pichu is a glass canon, since he can combo well and discharge, but huts himself and is light.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Basically, its a figure of speech :laugh:

Ok, look. A cannon is very powerful, right? And glass is very weak. So a glass cannon is something with very good offense, with very BAD defense. Or in this case, discharge (cannon) and self damage (glass).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...You know, that ACTUALLY makes sense! o_o

Okay then, thanks. :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
es gut?

And the reason upB does 3% is, one, to make QAC a quick way to bring damage up, and two, to make spammage risky (that and the bad pichu of melee did 2%, 3% isnt that bad)

DownB, well, I have no excuse xP

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Discharge makes a few moves (down smash, up smash, up throw, and back throw to be exact) stronger and even electric at higher percentages. Basically, it makes it so that the more you hurt yourself, the more powerful you become. Think Lucario.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Wow. This is amazing! We have gotten so far from those humble days before PSA when we were just designing the basic idea....

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Take the Pichu challenge x3

Any stage, 10 stamina, survive 2 mins against a level 9 computer Pichu with 100 stamina :p.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Who was the old glass cannon?

Also, uploading tweaked version of Pichu. :3 Added discharge damage boost, fixed the hitboxes for the usmash, and added graphics. Also, I changed the damage eye graphic for the female. I just thought they looked funny the way they were. You can take a look at them if you want.
You gonna gimme the link? xDDD

As far as I have played against lvl 9 CPUs, I alternately KO'd and got KO'd, usually after a kill, the percentage in Pichu would be about 100+ average. So upon spawn, i'm almost vulnerable to small tilts and throws.

The only thing that would make those factors change is in gimping ability, Pichu's got lots of options for it as well as spiking. Bair would be good on FD, and also getting the hang of Thunder Spiking and "Faster Reaction" Agility.

IMO, the only way Pichu can get an advantage is to gimp, spike or out-do the opponent. I can't seem to fare well in a regular fight (No Advantages/Dis).
Stall and wait for the invincibility to run out, then run in and punish whenever they open up. (Or spam QAC and hope for the best lmao)

EDIT: And for those complaining about percentages after the average kill... Would it help if I made utaunt heal more? Like, say, 10%?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any plans to apply Discharge (awesome ability btw) to other moves beside those? Shouldn't most moves use it?

Top Bottom