• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
can you use kirby's copied neutral-b animations and hitboxes to create a moveset, or does teh game only load those animations that correspond to the opponent's characters? Like, can you use Kirby's Shield Breaker, Arrows, Fire Breath etc when playing, say, a peach, or will all those animations default to Kirby's Toad?

MaxThunder

PM Support
So projectiles and tethers are prop items... are other things like swords and hammers and diddys barrels props too?

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm only gonna ask a few things:

1) Can we remove/add invincibility frames from certain moves? i.e Meta Knight's Up B while grounded has invincibility frames, could someone remove the invinc part of it?

2) Could we have four taunts? i.e Giving Ike's right taunt on the D-Pad his Victory Pose for I Fight for my Friends or when I do that change does it also affect the left taunt on the D-Pad? (Talking about the GCN controller's D-Pad).

3) Can we add SFX to moves from the Sound Test, like ones that aren't ever used in-game?

4) Can you put Ganon's sword model onto a new set up hitbox? (Like based off the beam sword) or is that exclusive to the Ganon Sword code only? I guess what I'm asking about is whether or not you can also move objects to different animations like Ganon's sword or Fox's Arwing.

5) Can ground to air momentum speed be changed? Like in Melee if you were Falcon you dashed and jumped into the air you would fly across the screen.

Just wanna see what's possible, I'm hoping the last one is possible.

H

Homsar, a Trendy Tote Bag

Huge props are due to you! I sense that all our brawl dreams are coming true faster than anyone dared hope for.

Can you attach healing or other special effects to a normal move?

Majora, Rudy the Clown, Simon Belmont, your hour draws nigh!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I'm only gonna ask a few things:

1) Can we remove/add invincibility frames from certain moves? i.e Meta Knight's Up B while grounded has invincibility frames, could someone remove the invinc part of it?

2) Could we have four taunts? i.e Giving Ike's right taunt on the D-Pad his Victory Pose for I Fight for my Friends or when I do that change does it also affect the left taunt on the D-Pad? (Talking about the GCN controller's D-Pad).

3) Can we add SFX to moves from the Sound Test, like ones that aren't ever used in-game?

4) Can you put Ganon's sword model onto a new set up hitbox? (Like based off the beam sword) or is that exclusive to the Ganon Sword code only? I guess what I'm asking about is whether or not you can also move objects to different animations like Ganon's sword or Fox's Arwing.

5) Can ground to momentum speed be changed? Like in Melee if you were Falcon you dashed and jumped into the air you would fly across the screen.

Just wanna see what's possible, I'm hoping the last one is possible.
1)That'd be perfect.
2) After watching a pheonix mario match on youtube, its possible. Mario used his win taunts as regular taunts.
3)That'd be perfect
4)see number 3
5)umm.... it should be possible. hopefully.

MaxThunder

PM Support
epic E.P.I.C.(the most Epicly ePic thing of all epIcly epiC things(in existance))
this would make me main ike...(seriously... i started playing gannons only to be able to do his sword in tha @$$ taunt... and now he's kinda one of my mains...)

MaxThunder

PM Support
its possible if wind is a global effect... which it probably is... so its highly possible...

wich character has the most/theopposite of most number of animations?

(note: i spelled which the right way for once=)...)

Edit:...............................................................DOH!!!!!!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Q: Can you give a character elemental attacks even if they don't have that element?
A: Yes, attack types are called from a global library - you can even give a character aura attacks (no strength increase though)
I don't know who asked this, but I think the question wasn't asked very clearly. There are already codes that exist that would enable you to edit the hit element of an attack, which I believe are fairly common knowledge that it's tied to the collision bubbles. I think what the real question being asked here is:

Can you can use additional animation effects on different attacks even if the character doesn't already have those animation effects? Such as making fire appear simply when marth swings his sword, rather than having to hit someone to set them on fire.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Project SA should be renamed Project AWESOME (Amazingly Wicked Epic Super Omega Move crEator)

EDIT: and i leafgreen the answer is yes i asked it already

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Based off of your Phoenix Mario it's easy to tell that you can add hitboxes. This allows you to add unique moves such as Phoenix Mario's down B.

My questions are

1. can you also give these moves additional properties like super armor or invincibility frams? In addition, can you make a "counter" so to speak, by making a move freeze on a certain frame and only continue if the character is hit ("triggering" the counter)?

2. can you change a move's animation entirely halfway through the move? Like having Marth's d-smash stop on the first hit, and then continue into say, his uptilt animation instead of doing the second swing of d-smash?

3. finally (to go along with the counter), can you make this animation switch conditional. I want to add the "counter" ability to Marth's side taunt (freezing it with his sword sheathed) , with the "trigger swing" being his f-tilt (but mearly continuing the side taunt after a certain amount of time if it wasn't triggered). Is it possible to do something like that?
quoting myself to provoke a response <_<

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Project SA should be renamed Project AWESOME (Amazingly Wicked Epic Super Omega Move crEator)

EDIT: and i leafgreen the answer is yes i asked it already
If you noticed, I quoted the Q and A of your very question. If you were at all familiar with how the current hitbox mod works, you'd know that what he's probably referring to is actually the effect on hit, not necessarily an effect just on the animation.

DS: Check the first post. He's updating it without posting any notification on the thread that it's been updated. I think your questions have been answered already in some form or another.

Leafgreen, so then jiggz's down taunt could have a wind effect put on it, then?

:D:D:D:D:D
From everything I've read so far, it sounds like you could. It's just another type of hitbox. Although this reminds me of a question that I think I already know the answer to:

Can you alter whether an attack is set knockback (ie. wolf's shine) or variable knockback (ie. most attacks in the game)?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
People need to stop asking if it's user friendly. PW doesn't even fully understand the scripting it uses yet, so for now it'd probably be fairly safe to assume that certain basic editing would be really easy, but more complex editing would require you to get far more in depth with the scripting language.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Q: Just what do the attributes do?
A: The attributes are various characteristics that are unique to each character. These attributes are always applied to the character and can be weight, move speed, jump height, or how easily the character is able to maneuver in air. Each one is fully customizable.
Hooray! This keeps getting better and better.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
quoting myself to provoke a response <_<
Q: Can you go beyond simple collision bubbles and graphics? i.e. Trigger bubbles like C. Falcon's Side B or add invincibility frames during attacks?
A: Currently from what I can decipher of the script, it is possible for things like moves that you can only use in air, counter attacks, charge up B moves, input moves, and the like but my current knowledge only allows me to do simple things like invincibility frames and standard collision bubbles.
This.

Sorry for taking some time with the questions - I'm kinda' doing on and off whenever I've got a few seconds.

MaxThunder

PM Support
now i feel really happy that i know judofyr... toghether whith him i'm surei can make my warui=)

by the way... good night=) probably back sometime tomirow...

by the way... please answer my last question PW=)... that one is actually a good one...

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Will this let you make new effects? EX: Mario can throw a fireball with a whirlwind of fire like links wind boomerang...

just throwing it out there.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thanks for answering my questions PW, I have a few more.

1) Can you edit a character's weight? (As in, making Bowser the heaviest thing alive so he lives the longest but doesn't fall any faster) What about their gravity and fastfalling speeds?

loool this was kinda answered already except gravity and fastfalling speed, so answer just that plz!

2) Is there a way to edit how far a character can reach the ledge? As in, say I wanted Mario to not get sucked in nearly as much by the edge, is that possible with this? Or does that deal with the edge mechanics as a whole?

3) Could you make conditional actions? Such as, let's say when Wolf hits someone with his Side B, successfully with the sweetspot part of the hitbox, could you make it so he regains a jump and doesn't go into his freefall animation?

4) Building on #3, can we add/remove freefall animations to moves?

5) Can you edit Nana's AI? What about her own settings as well?

6) Can you edit specific jump height? As in, without effecting BOTH jumps? What about jump speed?

7) Can you change what pose and SFX is played on the Victory Screen effectively making a new victory pose for a character? If so, how many slots do you have available per character would you say?

8) Can you add Super Armor to moves as well as strengthen it? Yoshi's SA for example is weaker than Snake's during his Up B, would it be possible to get Yoshi's SA to Snake's degree?

I think that's all I wanna know for now. Thanks again! :)

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
PW said weight/jump height is customizable in the response I quoted.

Q: Just what do the attributes do?
A: The attributes are various characteristics that are unique to each character. These attributes are always applied to the character and can be weight, move speed, jump height, or how easily the character is able to maneuver in air. Each one is fully customizable.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Can you get anymore awesome?
Can Project SA get any more epic?
Can you lick your elbow?
Can you give marths neutral b his side smash animation?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is it possible to add hitboxes to attacks? like, say lucario's up b?

also, can you extend the duration of animations?

oh, oh, and can you set if a move can be charged or not?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Honestly how did you make this?

Did you just make the program out of the Wazoo? I mean you've got some mad programming skills to do such a thing.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Can you fiddle with wall jumps? Like change if a character can or can not or change how high or how far you can wall jump etc?

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Can you assign to a move a type of input that the character does not originally use ? As in, giving C.Falcon a move that is performed side BBBB like Dancing Blade ? Or even require quarter circle motions, like in traditional fighters ?

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Because these questions are either already answered in one way or another, or are just for fun, I will answer them here.

Can you get anymore awesome?
Can Project SA get any more epic?
Can you lick your elbow?
Can you give marths neutral b his side smash animation?
1: I can try.
2: Yes, definitely
3: Yes
4: Yes - I have already stated that you can modify which animation is used during attacks.

is it possible to add hitboxes to attacks? like, say lucario's up b?

also, can you extend the duration of animations?

oh, oh, and can you set if a move can be charged or not?
1: Adding hitboxes is one of the main staples for this program.
2: Possibly, though it would be more efficient to simply modify the Motion file of the character.
3: B moves, yes. Other attacks, no.

Honestly how did you make this?

Did you just make the program out of the Wazoo? I mean you've got some mad programming skills to do such a thing.
I was working on it since about a week before I released the File Patch code v3.0

Can you assign to a move a type of input that the character does not originally use ? As in, giving C.Falcon a move that is performed side BBBB like Dancing Blade ? Or even require quarter circle motions, like in traditional fighters ?
Yes, (not sure about the quarter circle part) I have found a basic if statement parameter that will wait for an input, but there are various parts of it that I still don't understand - therefore I can't use it yet.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Diddy throws out a a banana during an attack. Is it possible to give mario fludd for more of his attacks, or have marios fireball summon an item like diddy attack does?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Okay honest question that i find weird that noone asked yet:

WHY DID YOU MAKE US GO THROUGH ALL THAT PLAN ZERO PUZZLE CRAP!?!

Top Bottom