• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Can you use final smashes without needing a smash ball?

EX: Sheik's neutral-b becomes Light arrow instead of needle

Plus can you chain together mutliple moves at once, once the initial attack lands successfully?

Edit: Im soooooooooo giving sheik chidori with this
Not ignoring this lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
From what I've gathered, you could copy past the move's script to another character, and the move might behave like the copied one in terms of hitboxes and effects, but the model / animation will stay vanilla unless you edit their motion file.

Ninja'd

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh my God, Phantom Wings is excellent!

Which brings me to another question: Is this region free? asking for te people in Europe :p

mofo_

Smash Ace
since certainly possible to edit throws, can you make a throw so that when you throw them you get tossed along with them?or like a boomerang throw? that'd be kinda fun to see :p

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Can you please release this as free software (i.e. source code available for reference and modification)?

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
To what extent can hitboxes and the like be modified?
For instance, would it be possible to make the Falcon Punch into a projectile that travels full screen and weakens as it moves?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I think that Project SA should have a hold L/R when selecting character feature. Some people might want the default move sets.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I think that Project SA should have a hold L/R when selecting character feature. Some people might want the default move sets.
It's not a matter of 'should'... it's a matter of "can". This would have been enabled long ago if it were a simple task.

That said, I think we're closer to it now than we ever were. I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Wings could pull it off.

Smash Ace
It's not a matter of 'should'... it's a matter of "can". This would have been enabled long ago if it were a simple task.

That said, I think we're closer to it now than we ever were. I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Wings could pull it off.
Its been done on many codes before these, why should the difficulty increase now?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

Plus can you chain together mutliple moves at once, once the initial attack lands successfully?

I actually really want to know this too.
It'd be sweet as hell if we could give some characters a nerfed version of their Final Smashes to their move sets.

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
Oh my God, Phantom Wings is excellent!

Which brings me to another question: Is this region free? asking for te people in Europe :p
out of excitment i tested it out on my WII, and i can safely confirm that this also works for the PAL version of Brawl. It even still worked when i used it in combination with a texture i have for Mario :p

Smash Ace
Because its for an entirely different thing, its not for a stage or music, its the editing of a character, which is done as the game is loaded not when the stage is picked
If you are saying when the game is loaded, all the characters have been loaded, your a crazy person. The characters animations, data etc are loaded WHEN a player/cpu selects them on the CSS.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
out of excitment i tested it out on my WII, and i can safely confirm that this also works for the PAL version of Brawl. It even still worked when i used it in combination with a texture i have for Mario :p
thats the idea, its supposed to work w/ textures.

and i meant the program itself, not the .pac.

JM94

Smash Cadet
Could PSA change snakes down B to his Dsmash?

Could it also give a character a counter?
Pheonix mario's side b is a regular attack with a fire effect, so obviously replacing a special with a normal attack is possible...

As for the counter, I think PW said it's possible but he doesn't know how yet.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but here goes;

What makes up universal effects? I know at least you said beam katana and fire, but do you happen to have a list of what there is?

Smash Ace
Pheonix mario's side b is a regular attack with a fire effect, so obviously replacing a special with a normal attack is possible...

As for the counter, I think PW said it's possible but he doesn't know how yet.
But snakes down B isn't like other specials.

On a side note: PW, if you created a mario moveset with what you have now, why not release it until you make something better?

Almas

Smash Lord
Would you rather PW show you the power of Project SA, or spend several hours creating a balanced character?

The way I was going to make the Clone Engine work wasn't compatible with SA. I'll be hopefully talking to PW soon, I have an idea for how to make it work.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Roy's coming back guys....
I'm gonna bring Roy back, revamped moveset, no more clone living and dying in Marth's shadow.

jalued

Smash Lord
I actually really want to know this too.
It'd be sweet as hell if we could give some characters a nerfed version of their Final Smashes to their move sets.
is it possible to give wild pokemon the separate weakened version of their FS as a downB move?? would be epic lol. and would love if they did have a aseperate downB move, would really make them different than choosing PT (once u can do the L/R to choose who u swap to)

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Roy's coming back guys....
I'm gonna bring Roy back, revamped moveset, no more clone living and dying in Marth's shadow.
Give him fireball tossing from Fire Emblem 6, and perhaps some sort of healing move (since he can heal himself in the game when upgraded too), though that may pose some balancing issues to make it work right. Also make him hold the sword with two hands. :D

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Give him fireball tossing from Fire Emblem 6, and perhaps some sort of healing move (since he can heal himself in the game when upgraded too), though that may pose some balancing issues to make it work right. Also make him hold the sword with two hands. :D
That wouldn't really be balanced. I mean in game, Ike's Aether is suppose to heal half of the damage inflicted on the opponent. But they didn't put that in Brawl, not even with his final smash.

Anyway, great job on this Phantom Wings! I'm really looking forward to this project.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Phantom Wings said:
Q: Can you modify the speed of time in the game with this?
A: There is a slowdown time command that I found, so yes.
Is it possible to speed the game up through this command at all?

I love me some brawl+ but have always wanted to add just a bit more speed to it all.
A global speed command would be ideal, but mentioning slowdown singularly worries me. I know there's an item ingame that directly relates to this as well, and the absence of one that adds speed fills me with doubt.
Maybe it'd be lame, since some of the sfx would linger too long or somethin, or maybe it'd be too difficult to bring to mainstream b+ since it's supposed to be easy to jump into for any smash player, but, ****it, if this is an option, i'm sure it would be heavily explored by every brawl/b+ player.

So, again, does this command apply to global speed or merely the recession of it?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I wonder, could we change the shields?
Imagine making it explode when it broke.
Also, what about giving zelda, shiek, samus, zamus, ivysaur, charizard, and squirtle an attack instead of thier normal down b.

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to change "beams" with samus with this using items or other moves?
Assign then to different taunts maybe?

Example
Taunt 1: Powerbeam from metroid prime series. (bullets taken from the super scope, Non flinching damage though)
Taunt 2: Ice beam (ray gun, but icy blue with a chance of freezing)
Taunt 3: Wave beam (charge shot but smaller slower and green with an electricity effect. Uncharged shots hit multiple times like piplup, Charged shots go through opponents and some parts of the stage)
Taunt 4: Plasma beam (A stream of fire similar to bowsers neutral b, thinner,travels straight and longer, gets shorter over time)

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
would you be able to edit final smashes? (example, change marios final smash to like a perma fair then a beam sword swing)

would you be able to change the range of attacks?

and finally, are you going to add anything else other than what you already have?

Bonzai7

Smash Rookie
What about Assist Trophies?

1) Can we take moves from them?

2)Can we give them moves?

MaxThunder

PM Support
I wonder, could we change the shields?
Imagine making it explode when it broke.
Also, what about giving zelda, shiek, samus, zamus, ivysaur, charizard, and squirtle an attack instead of thier normal down b.
uh... samus and zamus has a down-b already...

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to create a move that has a certain chance/percent of doing something else?

Examples are:
Luigi Missile's normal fire and misfire.
Peach's turnips, Bob-ombs, Beam sword, ect.
Dedede's Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and Gordos.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice

Erm....Why not just make it her new down b?
Also for Zelda and a weak version of the Pokemon's final smashes for down b too.

Top Bottom