• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Hey! Hey everyone!

NO STRETCHED POLYGONS!
SCALING IS FINISHED!
IT'S A GREAT REVIVAL OF THE PROJECT!

And it's all thanks to Fortwaffles. Again.
What would I do without you?

You know what this means, right?

...we can officially start animating! I've found out that if you just copy the rotations over from the non-scaled animations, it works fine, but we'll need to re-do the translations. As of now, I'm working on a fix to allow Volnutt to run like any normal character! Won't that be fun? I've even picked out a victory theme for him.

New model is up on the front page, and remember, anyone at all is welcome to help with anything. I suck at animating and I can't ask Kei to do it all himself.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Wow.. I just happened to look under Custom Contents and found this. This is awesome. I can't wait when you guys finish it. Any teasers in the making?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok this probably sounds dumb but how am i supposed to use the model if there is only a pac and ive never seen i pac to pcs converter

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
It's called Brawlbox.
And it's not done yet, it's just the model.
-.- ok i obviously know about brawlbox, messed around a little and have most recent but i see no converter, i just wanted to see how it looks on my tv

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oooh! Yesz I can start animating again! XD

hmm so we just have to adjust Megamans translations in the crouch?

lol I might as well mention on how to initially start doing Chocobo like fixing the stance

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Realize that TvC has three alternate colors already.
Not very good ones though, it's just some colors on the foot and stuff.
It's better to make the major parts change and stuff so we need new ones.

digiholic: wanna rip servbot and make him a blunt weapon for megaman? XD
lol maybe for an alternate moveset i guess

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Oooh! Yesz I can start animating again! XD

hmm so we just have to adjust Megamans translations in the crouch?

lol I might as well mention on how to initially start doing Chocobo like fixing the stance
I'm already fixing all of the animations you gave me, since I can't seem to make any animations of my own look good.

digiholic: wanna rip servbot and make him a blunt weapon for megaman? XD
lol maybe for an alternate moveset i guess
Oh my god, I just had an awesome idea, but it's not really related to Volnutt. I'll get back to you when I finish.

Also, progress report on Volnutt's moving issue: I just need to find a way to get Volnutt's X bone to have a BoneIndex of 1 to use as a TransN, but whenever I hex it, it loses all of its child bones. I'm trying Fortwaffle's bone hierarchy editor, but I keep accidentally screwing it up.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Not very good ones though, it's just some colors on the foot and stuff.
It's better to make the major parts change and stuff so we need new ones.
No, they're full recolors of the suit, just like the normal Brawl alternate costumes.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
It's a pity it doesn't work on Samus, then it wouldn't have to completely replace a character

Fen__

Smash Ace
...oh. :U nvm then >_>
I'd still make some. The .exe and SF versions are probably pretty good ideas, for example. Just colors is boring. Also, one of the alt colors from TvC is just a dark blue...so yeah.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
About the weapon switching... I know this one person that had different taunts switch weapons. It was a Marth hack that switched between fire, ice, and lightening attacks using the different taunts. Megaman could do that.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'd still make some. The .exe and SF versions are probably pretty good ideas, for example. Just colors is boring. Also, one of the alt colors from TvC is just a dark blue...so yeah.
Oh ok haha. I'll get to work then! How many colors should I make? 5?

EDIT: Also, Ive been playing Brawl with the general super code on, with all of b+. Then I go into special brawl and choose stamina (300), giant, heavy, and angled. Then I set the damage to .5 and set the cpu to 9. I made a stage called TvC which is just a flat surface with spikes on each end. Its better than normal brawl :) So I was asking should I buy TvC? Is it good enough?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Weegee might be able to help you with D-pad weapon switches if you asked. His Metal Sonic brought out small blades, changing some of his move set, when you hit down taunt. It would free up down B on one hand, though on the downside the the D-pad might be out of the way enough to discourage the frequent weapon switches it sounds like you're hoping for... but it's not THAT out of the way, especially if it was the Up or Side taunt. I hope this helps.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Mr. Weegee might be able to help you with D-pad weapon switches if you asked. His Metal Sonic brought out small blades, changing some of his move set, when you hit down taunt. It would free up down B on one hand, though on the downside the the D-pad might be out of the way enough to discourage the frequent weapon switches it sounds like you're hoping for... but it's not THAT out of the way, especially if it was the Up or Side taunt. I hope this helps.
I think the general consensus was to use down-B for cyclic switching. I imagine the same technique can be applied either way, though. Good thinking.

Also, @OniKage: It depends on how into 2D fighters you are. It's no MvC2 or anything, but I like it okay. I've noticed a fair amount of supers are pretty ****ty, though.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So I was asking should I buy TvC? Is it good enough?
It is easily the best fighting game this generation. Including SFIV and Tekken 6.

I think the general consensus was to use down-B for cyclic switching. I imagine the same technique can be applied either way, though. Good thinking.
What I'm thinking is going to happen is two versions of the character, one with Down-B switching, one with Taunt Switching. While it would be more convenient to have switching bound to taunts, it makes the character feel less legitimate next to the normal roster.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Also, @OniKage: It depends on how into 2D fighters you are. It's no MvC2 or anything, but I like it okay. I've noticed a fair amount of supers are pretty ****ty, though.
Well I played Mortal Kombat and MKvDCU over my neighbors house, and they are both are very fun, but tvc looked 10x better (omfg zeros ultimate saber slash lol) so I was really thinking about getting it, but I have enough money for a 360 and want to get that first. Ill put aside money for tvc and a few n64 games.

It is easily the best fighting game this generation. Including SFIV and Tekken 6.
Wow, then Im definately getting it!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, progress report on movement:

I've got Volnutt to move... sort of. When I run, he will move, but his animation is faster than the actual movement (despite the fact that I took ROB's actual TransN animation)

You know that "warping" glitch that most model swapped characters do? I've still got that, but instead of warping continually back to the same spot, the "anchor position" is moving, but Volnutt still shoots off ahead of it. Trying to figure out what's going wrong...

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I personally think TvC is better than MvC in general, in fact I think it's the best Capcom VS game made (obviously excluding Namco X Capcom, which I really want to play). That's my opinion though.

Honestly, it is an amazing fighter and you should pick it up if you like fighting games at all.

Back on-topic, the best way I can think of to figure out why the walk glitch is happening is to compare to other characters. Perhaps a flag in PSA is checked when it shouldn't be, or... I dunno.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Okay, progress report on movement:

I've got Volnutt to move... sort of. When I run, he will move, but his animation is faster than the actual movement (despite the fact that I took ROB's actual TransN animation)

You know that "warping" glitch that most model swapped characters do? I've still got that, but instead of warping continually back to the same spot, the "anchor position" is moving, but Volnutt still shoots off ahead of it. Trying to figure out what's going wrong...
Look at ROB's real model and motion file and look for the distance ROB's TransN bone is moving for each of his motions. Apply that same distance to the corresponding motions for Volnutt. Don't worry if its not fast enough. I'm pretty sure you can change his speed in PSA!

EDIT: You would only have to do this to his WalkSlow, WalkMiddle, WalkFast, and Run

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
That depends on the maxnumber of frames too right?
I don't think so! I think the game would squish in the frames at a faster rate in order to keep them in the time that the normal pac says it has.

Like if dedede's run takes him 1 second to cycle once and he moves 33. His frame count is 45. The rate would be 33/45

If you have a a frame count of 100 then it would be 100/45. Much faster.

Edit: Just keep TransN movement the same and it should work!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Look at ROB's real model and motion file and look for the distance ROB's TransN bone is moving for each of his motions. Apply that same distance to the corresponding motions for Volnutt. Don't worry if its not fast enough. I'm pretty sure you can change his speed in PSA!

EDIT: You would only have to do this to his WalkSlow, WalkMiddle, WalkFast, and Run
That's what I did. Still got the problem. I went into PSA and checked the "Moves Character" flag on run, and thats when things got really screwy. I think it somehow made Volnutt's model giant, since he didn't show up on the screen at all (even the player tag) and a level 3 Jigglypuff was connecting with every attack, no matter where she was.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Also, I notice the game freezes whenever Volnutt shields. I assume that's a boneIndex issue. I'll have to check that out in the future.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
That's what I did. Still got the problem. I went into PSA and checked the "Moves Character" flag on run, and thats when things got really screwy. I think it somehow made Volnutt's model giant, since he didn't show up on the screen at all (even the player tag) and a level 3 Jigglypuff was connecting with every attack, no matter where she was.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Also, I notice the game freezes whenever Volnutt shields. I assume that's a boneIndex issue. I'll have to check that out in the future.
My Chocobo also gets that freeze everytime I shield too

Top Bottom