• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I didn't say you talked crud, Ben, just saying that every state won something, and doubles does count for something, though I suppose not 'as much'...? I'm not sure, can't really say, though.

Still, SD, Emily, and Cao for Melee. Corpse and Luke and Tedeth and Shaya and Tibs and all them for Brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interstate rivallry is silly, I live (for most part) a life without borders, so let's just **** each other at Smash no matter where we are from! It doesn't matter!

(... says the guy who made a crew battle tournament >_>)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
doubles is different thats all, different mind set and different skill set.
if you try to play doubles as two single players, you end up like shaya and chris

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
^ I loved how the team favourites of both games didn't win because of this.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
wrong

accelerate (QLD)
cao (VIC)
em (VIC)
dekar (VIC)
kas (QLD)
sd (NSW)
syke (QLD)
turtle (NSW)
unreon (NSW)

there's the guaranteed top 9 anyway (alphabetically), even if the 10th was qld that's still only 4 =p

3 from each of the eastern states...
He is right you know.

LOL

First of all... Turtle lol... 7th at rocky??

Unreon... Lol

S.D would be the only NSW member of the top 10

Its If ryan comes third at rocky....people in QLD on par with Ryan = Zac, Me, Tristan

Being top 3 in a state doesn't guarantee a place in the top 10...

QLD is at a higher level than other states
Ben none of those 3 are on par with me sorry to say. People that saw what i went through in the losers bracket to get to 3rd will vouch.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Zac is still good, Ryan. I'm sure he would still be able to beat you, he knows his Marth game. I'm not sure about Tristan, though, and Ben beat you at the last QLD tournament, even if you say anything he still beat you, so there's nothing much you can say there, either.
I still think Ryan's better than you, though, Ben, and Tristan. Not sure about Zac but considering he hasn't really played (maybe?) then maybe Ryan's better now.
I have no idea.

And I agree with CAO. I don't really care about anything, just hoping to win. : D
I wanted Crews to happen, it's unfortunate that it didn't. So lame that it took so overly long. =/ Bah.

I just wanna get better at Brawl now. I think I might just drop Ike and start playing Snake , Toon Link and Falco. I do want to win in it, and obviously using Ike isn't the way to go, lol.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Lol if Kas can beat me in Brawl consistently, I'll have to try to do the same in Melee =D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oi Scott, did you get my Txt?
I'll call you tommorrow anyhow, but yeah, we need to organise the South Brisbane Venue ASAP.

(Sorry, I know you just came back)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Someone tell me if anything is on this weekend, I'm up for some SunnyCoast/Northside BS, will drive ****s also.
My Smash window opens lunch time Friday, so lets go!

Now to get 2 hours sleep, better than none...

Sloth

Smash Ace
lol. So many people have off-games when someone is playing decent etc.. it is always hard to assume you were beating someone at their peak of performance.

Does it matter? from what I've read and results, it all seems a big vague right now who is better then who. You also gotta take into consideration certain matchups too. e.g, Ben is not that good at versing Marth's, especially with his best character Jiggly, however he might easily win if you switch to anyone else.

Australia basing all of its bias off one-tournament :) Ahh.. nothing has changed since I left the scene <3

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Someone tell me if anything is on this weekend, I'm up for some SunnyCoast/Northside BS, will drive ****s also.
My Smash window opens lunch time Friday, so lets go!

Now to get 2 hours sleep, better than none...
Yes, lets post pointless BS, who caresa about actually getting anything done this weekend?

if I HAVE TO, I will host some BS, let me know people, would much rather travel though, ANTHO, get back to me on whether that Maroochydore thing is this weekend PLZ.
I'll drive ya ****, then any spare room in teh car could be for people who wanna come play Max/Cal IF they are available.

K!

BRYCE, when you coming to a thing? Still working on weekend ALL THE TIME ****?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Im keen for some smash on sunday. But it highly depends on what my girlfriend is doing, i may need to hang out with her parents. but smash would definately be good. im so pumped.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Still working every weekend bob.

It won't stop until Uni is over and I have more flexablity in my hours available.
Such an annoying life.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok guys finally back in qld. Currently waiting at Loganlea for bob to wake up.

Anyways, is there any smash happenings coming up. Preferably this weekend.
Although I'm out of moneyz so I'll have to forfeit the usual after nandos experience.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yes, lets post pointless BS, who caresa about actually getting anything done this weekend?

if I HAVE TO, I will host some BS, let me know people, would much rather travel though, ANTHO, get back to me on whether that Maroochydore thing is this weekend PLZ.
I'll drive ya ****, then any spare room in teh car could be for people who wanna come play Max/Cal IF they are available.

K!

BRYCE, when you coming to a thing? Still working on weekend ALL THE TIME ****?
Well the pokemon card tournament was yesterday, not the weekend like I thought.
I'd still like to go out there, but I actually need to stay at home this weekend to work on Uni stuff that's due soon.

So I'm out :(

Sirias

Smash Champion
People are getting more busy busy these days, Bobsy.
And it's not that we aren't 'trying' to get anywhere/anything done this weekend, it's just that basically 90% of QLDers can't host anything at their places, so what you're asking for is basically only directed at a couple of people, like Nick, yourself, Max (if he "EVER" comes back online), and Scott, no one else can really house many people.
Which is lame. =/

Other than that, I'm not really up for anything this weekend, just wanna stay home for a while, really. Might go into the City for shopping, but that's about it. Got work sometimes as well. Wee.

Actually I don't want to take up Snake, I'll use Flaco, and Game and Watch.
Okayyy.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Tell me if you hit up City Kas, I might come along for a bit of DDR.

Other than that, I'm staying at home, watching some anime, and catching up on some sleep.

I am so ****ing tired right now and I have no idea why. Feels like I have god**** chronic fatigue or something lol.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I'm up for smash on one day (all day I'm free), probably Sunday for Rob but either Sat/Sun if he isn't free
-Happy to travel I guess, but if people aren't hosting, I might hold garage smash and be able to fit atleast 6 ppl, just have to make sure people aren't screaming and stuff

I recovered after sleeping 12 hrs or so =)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
-K, Saturday, I will host if theres enough interest, still have preference for a Northside/Sunnyside/Hotdogside meet if possible. :)

-Sunday, Chrismeat, soccer/footymeat in the evening to get some fresh air and COZ ITS WAY COOL followed by Nandomeat.
Numbers are limited! Know that! (Unless, again, someone else wants to host) :)

Also, only bringing 2-3 TVS to tournys in the future, cept for majors of course...
And I might or might not decide to dedicate one to N64/etc. K?
SOOOOO, bring more TVS people!
Nothing wrong with 32cm (thats what she said, SORRY! :( ) as long as they don't lag, its cool.

ALSO, everyone ignored when I last asked....
Melee at PMS2? On the one TV? Hmmm? :confused:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i'm up for smash on saturday. bobsy. i can have a few people over, but numbers would be really limited because it's rather short notice on parents also there would have to be limited shouting etc. but i'm defs up for some smash on saturday/sunday.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'm working till Sunday, which I have all day free! So I'll host on Sunday if you want me to, just lemme know. will consist of SF4, Brawl and Melee. Can house up to around... a lot of people lol, we'll see how much we can fit in my house @_@

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
RE: PMS2

I'll bring a TV if somebody picks me up.
I'm sure Chris can bring one too.

Unsure about the others though.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Well the pokemon card tournament was yesterday, not the weekend like I thought.
I'd still like to go out there, but I actually need to stay at home this weekend to work on Uni stuff that's due soon.

So I'm out
Whaaaat. :( ****. No Pokemanz.

Well im defs up for going to Bob's and such for the weekend so im sure to see some of you guys.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
RE: PMS2

I'll bring a TV if somebody picks me up.
I'm sure Chris can bring one too.

Unsure about the others though.
Oh, I didn't think we was meant to bring TVs. i'm lost.
But hey, if we can... :)

Now that I have your attention:

THIS WEEKEND:
Meet at mine on Saturday 10AM till...late!
http://www.translink.com.au/ - If your awesome, figure out how to get to mine...contact me if you need exact address or any other info.

Oh yeah, please bring TVS, Wiis and cubes, or else we have no choice but to only play doubles.
Which suits me.
In bed.

And potential follow up meet on Sunday at either Scott's or Chris'.
Thank you and good night!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Kaion told me that he was thinking about running Melee at PMS2.
And you have to hire out every TV before you can use extra TVs, so no matter what we'll have at least 10 TVs, although with basically all of them lagging. :D HOORAY~

Ugh. My back really hurts. And I don't wanna go anywhere on Saturday... I wanna stay home...
But home is so boring and nothing ever happens...
But I JUST spent $50 yesterday on food and arcade. Wtf, haha...
FAIL.
I suck at saving money.

I think I have a plan...
MMHMMMMM!!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's not true. As long as we hire out the TV spots THEN use our own it we shouldn't have to pay extra.

And Kaion hasn't been just thinking about it, that is his definite plan. Just check the front page.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oh, well, that's what I was getting at, I didn't know you had to hire the spot AND the TV (if we didn't bring our own, that is). Well, Chris explained it to me (why am I calling him Kaion, wtf... and his name is Chris, right? XD).

I thought he said it was certainly Melee. BUT I WAS JUST BEING OPEN MINDED IS ALLZ.
I wouldn't mind more Brawl, I want to get better at it anyway.
And NOT with Ike.
Ike is SHEET.
Against ICs, and Sonic, and MK, who all roiped me.
And Snake as well. Poop.

i h8 mai lyf

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
The only reason we are paying for using their 'spot' is because by us being there it prevents another paying customer from using the XBOX.

We can bring our own TVs, I've got a good Melee one plus there is another two there (one out the back) we could use for Melee, if Bob or anyone for that matter bring 3 then we'd have 6 TVs for Melee. I've paid for 9 TVs, 2 more could be Brawl seeing as I have 2 HD cables and the last one SF4 or something like that. Of course if like 30 people rock up I'll just book the extra TVs and we could even set up extra ones in the back.

I'd like to hold a Melee tourney not only because we have the best Melee player in the state here but I see more talk on QLD thread about Melee than Brawl and I'd like to accomodate that. Of course if no Melee players or even discs turn up I will change what happens on the night *glares*

After not even making it out of pools at Rocky I'm going into hardball mode until SQUAT - I'm only maining 5 people unitl then and they're all high tier. I'll challenge anyone at PMSII in my super rage mode :mad::mad::mad:

Forget the cosplay too, I wanna focus more on the event running smoothly. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom