• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I got a message from Matt (Mokubakaiser's friend) saying that he's having games/drinks at his place tonight for anyone interested.

Up to you guys, I'm not because I need to do Uni shizzle.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
what the **** were you there for?

weak.

we need to hit the SQUAT training so we **** everyone interstate. show the interstaters that ryan kas and chris aren't all we have.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
no way, qld is a fortress. If syke was still here we'd have him aswell, and all the other oldschool players that I don't even know much about lol.

and ben's good, and dont forget josh hes good too. qld vs all stars would be awesome, especially if we all keep improving like we have been. i want moar training for SQUAT!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Anyone who didn't see Kas vs Cao missed the most amazing match ever to be played in Melee.

Suck ***.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Queenland has at least 5 players in the top 10 of the country...
wrong

accelerate (QLD)
cao (VIC)
em (VIC)
dekar (VIC)
kas (QLD)
sd (NSW)
syke (QLD)
turtle (NSW)
unreon (NSW)

there's the guaranteed top 9 anyway (alphabetically), even if the 10th was qld that's still only 4 =p

3 from each of the eastern states...

Scrubs

Smash Lord
wrong

accelerate (QLD)
cao (VIC)
em (VIC)
dekar (VIC)
kas (QLD)
sd (NSW)
syke (QLD)
turtle (NSW)
unreon (NSW)

there's the guaranteed top 9 anyway (alphabetically), even if the 10th was qld that's still only 4 =p

3 from each of the eastern states...
LOL

First of all... Turtle lol... 7th at rocky??

Unreon... Lol

S.D would be the only NSW member of the top 10

Its If ryan comes third at rocky....people in QLD on par with Ryan = Zac, Me, Tristan

Being top 3 in a state doesn't guarantee a place in the top 10...

QLD is at a higher level than other states

Sieg

Smash Champion
Where do you pull that **** from Dekar?

While I agree on some things, a top 10 in the country is just stupid.

I could name like 5 different people and they'd be in there aswell.

Stop making these stupid lists. Power rankings are bad enough from state to state.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Where do you pull that **** from Dekar?

While I agree on some things, a top 10 in the country is just stupid.

I could name like 5 different people and they'd be in there aswell.

Stop making these stupid lists. Power rankings are bad enough from state to state.
Haha....

Sieg! Tell me rocky tales

Dekar289

Smash Hero
LOL
Its If ryan comes third at rocky....people in QLD on par with Ryan = Zac, Me, Tristan
first of all, didn't see you at rocky. you don't know how good half these people are.

i'm not basing this on results, this is just my opinion from playing against and watching people play. you zac and tristan didn't come, so you get no consideration. way to miss out on the biggest tournament in australian history.

kupo

Smash Lord
QLD are just too good. A bit of interstate rivalry is good :p. Gotta practice for the next major so we can beat them!

I think that list is from Rocky?

Even if you are on par with Ryan, you cant exactly base it like that (I'm not implying that you're not good). Pending on match ups i guess and win ratio x_X. Can only do that in real matches. Should head up to qld one day (which I will sometime near the end of November). Hopefully I can sneak in a few matches then :p.

I heard from ryan (i think) that tristan doesnt play anymore? Went to go play Halo instead...or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. >_>

Stop hiding syyyyyyyyyyyyke. ):

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Emily: Come for SQUAT. In December.
And yeah, Triss hasn't played in an extremely long time. Kinda sucks :p

Scrubs

Smash Lord
first of all, didn't see you at rocky. you don't know how good half these people are.

i'm not basing this on results, this is just my opinion from playing against and watching people play. you zac and tristan didn't come, so you get no consideration. way to miss out on the biggest tournament in australian history.
I have travelled a lot the only people I have lost to interstate are Cao + Bringer...Ive played turtle, kulla etc... housed them all.... Rocky isn't the be all and end all...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
not saying you aren't good, just saying the list is just from my own experience
seeing as you didn't place at rambo, ohn or rocky, you make it pretty hard for everyone else to evaluate you =p

kupo

Smash Lord
I wont be able to attend SQUAT. The only reason I may be in QLD is because my BF is road tripping all the way to QLD. Things arent set in stone yet but I'm sure I wont be able to make it.

Most likely next year. Keen to travel and meet of majority of the QLD scene and play heaps of friendlies!

Edit in response to below.

OMFG You're alive!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Interstate lists are always hard to create. Even back when I used to play a lot QLD always had a high density of good players but they lacked 'top' players. Now they have some top players and a large density of good ones.

I'm looking forward to SQUAT and seeing how I fare, gotta get in some good pract before then!

King Kong

Smash Lord
QLD are just too good. A bit of interstate rivalry is good :p. Gotta practice for the next major so we can beat them!

I think that list is from Rocky?

Even if you are on par with Ryan, you cant exactly base it like that (I'm not implying that you're not good). Pending on match ups i guess and win ratio x_X. Can only do that in real matches. Should head up to qld one day (which I will sometime near the end of November). Hopefully I can sneak in a few matches then :p.

I heard from ryan (i think) that tristan doesnt play anymore? Went to go play Halo instead...or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. >_>

Stop hiding syyyyyyyyyyyyke. ):
Shotgun Sheik ditto :)

peace out

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
you dont know about my sercet character lol...
i know how to wave dash and L cancel XD

also wanna vs this corpse dude, only other toon link main i played was gords... wonder if they play differently

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
basing of singles only and not doubles where a certain female smasher can carry you. certain people shouldnt be on that list at all. Especially after bad mouthing certain players and saying they wont place at all. yet they take out first and 3rd both beating a certain "talk it up smasher"

Not saying any names or anything =D

Sirias

Smash Champion
Imagine if they had smash babies

Edit:

If Nick would get off my account, I would appreciate it.

No offense, Ben, but I think Dekar would beat you.
If he's had any practice against CAO, he knows his Peach game a little.
Also, ComboTurtle is good at combo-ing (as implied by his name), so he'd fare pretty well, I think.

QLD has... Syke, Accelerate, Sloth, Tristan... Ben and Josh are close to being really good as well if they stepped their game up a little and didn't fail against Marths so hard. <3

SD is amazing, his ICs are terribly good, I'm not sure who's are better considering I haven't played Bryce in forever, but from experience, I'd have to say... well, they're really just about even from memory of Sloth playing.

But I still beileve CAO is the best.

What's with all this interstate rivalry anyway, lol.
Didn't I just say that you shouldn't talk cr@p and just see how well you go against them when you play them in a tournament match?
Ksex.
Kgo.

I'm bloated. :C

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i am the water in this cordial.

go 2 the rocky tournament not rocky (rockhampton) next time 2 prove ya self =P
if it makes u feel better i think u would beat dekar XD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I still can't decide on a main in top tier.
Probs gonna stick with Marth though.

I'm not limited by tech skill with Marth, just limited by a lack of smart play.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Imagine if they had smash babies

Edit:

QLD has... Syke, Accelerate, Sloth, Tristan... Ben and Josh are close to being really good as well if they stepped their game up a little and didn't fail against Marths so hard. <3
Oh its coming. I havnt felt this pumped up about smash since 07 :)

peace out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom