• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radford Tournament thread | testing

Met

Smash Ace
nah summeektcaeets got it <3
omg how many people you think coming?
besides me im coming
coming right now literally
at the thought of seeing you clint
no homo its all good

nah summeektcaeets got it <3
omg how many people you think coming?
besides me im coming
coming right now literally
at the thought of seeing you clint
no homo its all good
EPsilon933
FACE
Duhrdy
Kryy
Nip
Redd
Met
Smeet
KP???
MarthDude
Jon???
a new guy I met today???
random kid I met in the dorm yesterday???
Alexander
Rud Lsi

11-15 players?

stackOverflow

Smash Cadet
oh **** rud lisi is coming to this?! i cant wait to meet this **** talker

anyway the thing i was posting for was to ask: is jungle japes really a legal counterpick? O.o i mean i love japes but i havent seen it as a legal pick for like 2 years so im just surprised

also clint expect a call sometime around 11:30 asking directions when i get lost in roanoke lol

oh ps this is FoxLisk on stack's account

oh **** rud lisi is coming to this?! i cant wait to meet this **** talker

anyway the thing i was posting for was to ask: is jungle japes really a legal counterpick? O.o i mean i love japes but i havent seen it as a legal pick for like 2 years so im just surprised.
He posted 4 days ago that he might come, but never posted since. I don't know if that's a good sign or whatever.

Jungle Japes is legal here. Just personal preference.

Tournament Results post:

Singles

1: Redd
2: KnightPraetor
3: Alex
4: Justin
5: Smeet
5: FACE
7: Duhrdy
7: Frag
9: Kryy
9: MarthDude
9: EPsilon933

Teams

1. Redd & Josh (Redd and KP)
2. Walter & Parry (Smeet and FoxLisk)
3. Team Trevor (FACE and Met)
4. Duhrdy & Kryy
5. Team Awesome (Frag and Jon)
6. MarthCake (MarthDude and EPsilon933)

We suck at commentary, just wait until it's on my channel and uploaded.

Also, today's event went so slow because too many people wanted to play on the recording TV which slow down everything. When there's a free CRT available, take it! You'll be helping out everyone at the tournament, even yourself.

Anyone know of any free video file converter (.M2TS to .mp4) I can download from anywhere? Windows Movie Maker seems to enjoy desyncing the audio in my videos.

stackOverflow

Smash Cadet
I feel like i use to know taht kind of stuff, but unfortunately i dont anymore, but i dont think anyone but alexander and justin would mind if there was no sound and they dont matter

I feel like i use to know taht kind of stuff, but unfortunately i dont anymore, but i dont think anyone but alexander and justin would mind if there was no sound and they dont matter
Yeah, Redd convinced me to hold off on finding a good video converter and just skip to separating and uploading stuff for now.

Yeah, good ****. Thanks alot for taking the time to record and upload all of this stuff.
I think it's too much though. The tournament went too slow because too many wanted to play on the recorded TV. How about during tournament brackets, games with lesser skilled players play on the main tv before they get eliminated and then the better players play during the last few rounds. We also need another CRT.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yo this was a fun tourney. i agree that it shouldn't have taken so long, though. I was thinking of bringing a TV but decided not to bother because it was gonna be small, and then the other CRT broke, which sucked, so I can do that next time I come up.

I also agree that people should play on the side TVs more. Maybe if someone else can bring a recording setup -- Redd, you said you have one, right? -- that will alleviate it more, cause there were some people willing to play without recording, but if they were up against someone that wasn't, it held everything up.

EP, the commentary was both spotty and ********, so there's really no need to worry about the syncing on that, it's just cool to see the videos up.

Justin: i just watched the clip of your quadruple knee like 8 times in a row. good **** dude, im so glad that was recorded

I also agree that people should play on the side TVs more. Maybe if someone else can bring a recording setup -- Redd, you said you have one, right? -- that will alleviate it more, cause there were some people willing to play without recording, but if they were up against someone that wasn't, it held everything up.

Justin: i just watched the clip of your quadruple knee like 8 times in a row. good **** dude, im so glad that was recorded
Personally, my favorite moment was when I got Klap Trapped before I could continue my three stock comeback against Frag and Jon. I had to watch that at least 20 times because it's that wtf'ed.

Also, Redd, what kind of recording device do you have?

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
If my CRT back home is small enough to fit in my closet here at Radford, I'll bring it back up with me so we can have another lagless setup. It seems a little unlikely though.

and Justin got that quadruple knee because I was by his side.

Everything has finally finished uploading but I really don't ****ing care about what I uploaded. There's too ****ing much of it for such a small tournament. Half of the videos have the audio stupidly desynced and the other half took me a long *** time to convert it to mp4 which Windows Movie Maker likes and is too ****ing much work. **** this. I lost at least 4 subscribers because of this? ****![/rage]

hope no one was offended

Well, maybe this **** was worth it. I found a good way to keep good quality in my videos. without having videos render for waay too long (Sony Vegas).

It's Saturday, March 27.

But more importantly, I won't be here at Radford Saturday, so if this event really is for Saturday, anyone not going to Herb3 Saturday might want to go to this instead. There are casual Smashers here at Radford it seems so maybe we can introduce them to the competitive scene and keep the competitive Smash community alive and well.

^**** at this thing^

count me..... is there money invovled?
Nah, sorry, mang. It's just a video game fest. It's kind of like a party to get ACM's name out to video gamers who major in computer stuff at Radford. Anyone's welcome to join in. (Be shure to bring your own set up (and controllers maybe). They have only four projectors so far, and an XBOX 360 for Halo 3, an N64 for Smash64, and a wii for Melee.

Next Event: Friday March 9

What:
ACM's gaming social. I'll be managing the Melee tournament, other games featured here will be Halo 3, Mario Party, Smash64, and more. Cookies, cake, and ice cream will be sold during the event.

when:
Friday April 9, 5:00pm-9:00pm

Where:
Bonnie, rooms 249 and 250 (combined rooms)
It's a two story building with a little clock tour on it.

notes:
If you want a smoothly running tournament, we're going to need people to bring tv's. Bring anything you have that could set up a station for tournament play, GameCube, game, cords, or even something as minor as a power strip can help a great deal.

Get hyped!

Any idea how many people are coming? And is there gonna be a singles fee?
It's probably going to be my regulars for AMAZING Guts (about 10 people) + their regulars for socials (about 20) which = about 30 people.

I'm tournamented out, so this will just be a Smashfest.

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I just realized what day this is being held on. I'll be busy that day, but will probably be free either Saturday or Sunday if somebody wants to play then. :(

Edit - Actually, it turns out I may be able to come. I'll just have to see.
Also, The top of your post says March 9th. Might want to fix that.

I think it would be nice to have a for fun tourney with no entry fee or anything, but a smashfest is cool too.

Top Bottom