• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate the song posted above thread! (seriously listen!)

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
7/10
That song was catchy. My favorite part was from around 1:50 to the end. I will probably listen to it again.

This song is You Love Me by Kelly Clarkson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0VRqOBk7A
Yes he did ._.

Well I've listened to this song a billion times so I'll rate it, lol.
It's your average pop song really, but still catchy and fun to listen to. I find the best mood to listen to this is when your in the car, lol idk why. One of my favorites from her Stronger album.

8/10

Demi Lovato - Unbroken <3 this song

Y

Yodery

Oh. Sorry, I didn't see it.

WELL IN THAT CASE....

Idk it's pretty bad. Kelly Clarkson can honestly sing very well; don't know what's up with the auto-tune. The lyrics are laughable ****e, and I don't like it. Annoying, forgettable, disposable, etc.

She's wasting her time. She has so much potential, it's not even funny. Why the **** is she wasting her time doing these pathetic teen pop/soccer mom songs? >___>"

0.5/5

John... you have to rate my song. >:C

Y

Yodery

Uh.... It was interesting... I liked the intro alot. I don't get it though. =/

3/10

Demi Lovato - Unbroken <3 this song
Whoa! This song's actually not that bad. The lyrics are pretty straightforward, that's okay I guess, the beat's KINDA generic, but still very cool. Honestly, I found myself bobbing my head to it. Decent find bro.

6.5/10

Kinda disappointed @ the fact you didn't like the AnCo song... Whatever, I'm over it.

Galaxie 500 - Tell Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShjGgQ4iHQ
The first time I listened to this song, I burst into tears. Absolutely incredible. WARNING: Listen to with an open mind.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I gotta say all this radio girl pop is making this thread difficult for me.

oh well, as long as I get to make people listen to my mathcore and noise bands I guess it's okay.

@Demi Lovato:

ahh, 240p quality, I've missed you. Anyways, this song is about as "rough" as this genre gets I guess. I don't really like this blues rock kind of pop honestly. The singing is fine. but mostly it's just...idk. it's boring. The low quality might be hiding some of the song's intricacies.

ooh, the part at 2:37 is actually pretty cool. too bad it just goes into the exact same chorus again.

overall, meh. it's listenable but not much more than that

1.8/5

H the B - The Failure of All Things (some foul language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke2tVhCrwXQ

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
O.o did you make that yourself?

Very nice, kinda sounds similar Kelly Clarkson's Maybe at some parts, with some different effects. I love the bells. If you DID make it, what did you use to make it?

4/5

Edit: Lol forgot my song

Demi Lovato - Got Dynamite
I used fl studio to make the song, but I dont have it anymore because Im using a mac now.

Jane

Smash Hero
I gotta say all this radio girl pop is making this thread difficult for me.
one radio-pop enthusiast is okay. two though.. yeah it could get out of hand @.@

i would never look down on someone for their taste of music [however i do look down on people who just dont listen to music. **** is wrong with you people], but come on guys, lets expand a little.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
H the B - The Failure of All Things (some foul language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke2tVhCrwXQ
You did this on purpose. :l

Lol it was ok for what it was, I love the music, but I really just can't stand that type of singing.

3.5/10

I'll mix it up with some Country:
Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs She's the only Country singer I like, lol. (but what's up with the Autotune? D: )

@the Demi Lovato song
The 240p made it sound like more of a Pop-Rock song, it drowned out a lot of the Bass and lower Guitar D:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I hate to be a whiner (just kidding, i ****ing love it) but why can't more people play this game like me?

look at how detailed I make my reviews. i have never posted "it's ok not really my thing though, the end" because that kind of review could have been written by anyone, even someone who hasn't even clicked the link. i try to actually talk about the things in the songs that i like, the things i don't like, and make some general comments about the musician in general. i managed to write a small paragraph about a demi lovato song. it's super annoying when someone writes half of a sentence of some generic "it wasn't that good 2/10 ok here's my Miley Cyrus song" because they might as well not have even listened to the damn song past 30 seconds if at all.

srry, just had to get that off my chest. i'm not a mod anymore so this is really just me complaining as opposed to telling you people how to post (Derp and Jane, I love you guys btw because you make substantial posts)

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Well I don't really know what else to say... o.o

If it's a negative review, I don't wanna go too far and offend people, so I just stick the basics.
If it's positive, well you like it right? I didn't think people would wanna read a 10 page review for one song... =/ lol

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
But that's the point of the thread.

Critiques are driven by analysis. With no analysis, this thread becomes no different than the 'what are you currently listening to' thread, which is entirely self-serving.
Just pretend when it's bad that the person posting also doesn't like it and they're just testing you lol

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well I don't really know what else to say... o.o

If it's a negative review, I don't wanna go too far and offend people, so I just stick the basics.
If it's positive, well you like it right? I didn't think people would wanna read a 10 page review for one song... =/ lol
Don't worry about offending people. It's just music. It's natural that you are going to click some stuff in here that you don't like. In these cases, I personally think you should tear the song apart. that's better than "well it's just not my thing" which is really not saying anything at all. on the other end, you don't have to write "10 pages" about a song, but you should at least talk specifically about the song. What I do is put the song on and type how it makes me feel as I listen to it for the first time. that way I don't play the whole song, then go back to write about it and try to remember what I just heard.

for instance:

Carrie Underwood:

ok I was expecting to hate this but so far I'm really liking it. The instrumentals are inoffensive and fine to listen to but the singing and the vocal melody is what really makes it. This is really reminding me of another song but I can't think of what that is unfortunately. She's got a powerful voice. I also like in the end where she stops singing and the band just kinda jams out for a while. Not usually something I'm used to hearing in this kind of music.

3/5

Metric "Lost Kitten" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnaGs-r0zzU

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
More Kelly Clarkson...

I was prepared for the general pop song, but this one is... different. I'm not sure what it is, lol. I love just the lone guitar in the background. It's very emotional, reminds me of a song you would hear in an old movie. I love how she sings in this song. She has so much control, and her voice just fits it lol. Kelly should sing more songs like this. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was hard to tell what was the chorus, verses, and bridge. Still overall pretty good.

8.5/10

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

Y

Yodery

To be honest, as cliche as it's starting to sound, I've always considered Muse to be a poor man's Radiohead. Now, that might sound biased, considering I'm a huge Radiohead fan, but just trust me on this. In fact, no, not even Radiohead, that song (and the whole album) sounds like they were going for a Depeche Mode sound. The music is catchy, sure, but the vocals... oh my god, the vocals. Catchy lyrics? Good to sing along to. I hate Depeche Mode enough, we don't need a second one.

Overall, it's catchy, it's fun, and it sounds like the best kind of music to have sex to since My Bloody Valentine, BUT, it's not really my taste. Pretty good find though, John.

3/5

Radiohead - No Surprises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gegNu3bVWhk
(Sorry for posting so many Radiohead songs, but damn yo, they're too good. :l)

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
The only thing that I didn't like was that it was hard to tell what was the chorus, verses, and bridge
A few songs from My December dont have a chorus, verses, and a bridge. Sober and Maybe dont have those things.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Radiohead - No Surprises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gegNu3bVWhk
(Sorry for posting so many Radiohead songs, but damn yo, they're too good. :l)
Honestly, this was the first Radiohead song (that I've knowingly) listened to. I didn't really know what to expect, lol. I have to agree with you on Muse sounding like Radiohead though. It's nice how the music sounds sort of like a lullaby in the beginning and at the end. I'm a little confused as to what the lyrics meant though. The "No alarms and no surprises" line made me cringe a little because of how it was sung, it's hard to explain lol. D:

It was ok overall, I'll definitely be checking out their other music though.

6/10

TobyMac ft. John Cooper - Tonight

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Christ on a cracker, so much Kelly Clarkson in this thread
Well I think the hint of grime on those guitar jabs is pretty enjoyable.
Is... is every word in the song one syllable? Nearly, to be sure
I'd say besides the guitar tone, hi-hat, and those bits of vocal harmonies, there's not much that appeals to me.
I wait for something to stand out and nothing does. And then it ends. :c
There are little to no dynamics in this song. Whatever you feel in the first 30 seconds or so is how you'll feel about the whole thing, and that's assuming its un-progressive nature doesn't weigh on you.
It is unfortunate for Kelly, then, that she couldn't muster up a more interesting 30 seconds.

:urg:[:ohwell:]:):bee::awesome:

Blanche - Do You Trust Me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSRYuxq8UU&feature=related

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I found this thread by searching the forum for Kelly Clarkson and I saw the song You Cant Win posted here.

Jane

Smash Hero
this girl isnt exactly the prettiest thing in the world. thats alright though. i did enjoy the overall mood and tempo of the song. it works well with the theme, of a jealous couple (or, at least, a jealous guy). the timing of the song is done well, the final little "don't you trust me? no i don't" was powerful and brings everything together.

:urg::ohwell:[:)]:bee::awesome:

a nice little country tune. unfortunately it's hard for country to really excite me. i can enjoy it forsure, but it never sends me to that next level.

between the buried and me - shevanel cut a flip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBBaFwd0z8s

warning: 9 minutes and 33 seconds. be ready.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

this girl isnt exactly the prettiest thing in the world. thats alright though. i did enjoy the overall mood and tempo of the song. it works well with the theme, of a jealous couple (or, at least, a jealous guy). the timing of the song is done well, the final little "don't you trust me? no i don't" was powerful and brings everything together.

:urg::ohwell:[:)]:bee::awesome:

a nice little country tune. unfortunately it's hard for country to really excite me. i can enjoy it forsure, but it never sends me to that next level.

between the buried and me - shevanel cut a flip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBBaFwd0z8s

warning: 9 minutes and 33 seconds. be ready.
On one hand I'm kinda sad of depriving someone else hearing this song for possibly the first time, on the other hand **** it BTBAM fanboy post incoming!!:

BTBAM- this is one of the very best early-era BTBAM songs. The first half is just so good. For 2002 it is very ahead of its time.

the breakdown progression starting at :24 is ****ing classic. tommy's vocals were pretty damn spotty back then, hahaha. i actually enjoy his lows on this album, but his mids are roughhhh. he has come a long way. anyways, amazing breakdown and the tempo changes are perfect.

the jazz part is super catchy and often gets stuck in my head. it's also one of the funnest things in the world to play on guitar. i think this is the very first time they ever did this idea of clean jazz into death metal and it's pretty much one of their signature sounds and for good reason, it is just awesome.

anyways, the clean singing part in the second half is very nice. i love the vocal harmonies. it goes on a tad too long after the singing stops, but only a little bit and i usually don't mind.

TL/DR: one of the must-hear songs from probably the greatest active band in the entire world

4.99/5

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - The League of Endangered Oddities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMyygxDQ8cs

Y

Yodery

On one hand I'm kinda sad of depriving someone else hearing this song for possibly the first time, on the other hand **** it BTBAM fanboy post incoming!!:

BTBAM- this is one of the very best early-era BTBAM songs. The first half is just so good. For 2002 it is very ahead of its time.

the breakdown progression starting at :24 is ****ing classic. tommy's vocals were pretty damn spotty back then, hahaha. i actually enjoy his lows on this album, but his mids are roughhhh. he has come a long way. anyways, amazing breakdown and the tempo changes are perfect.

the jazz part is super catchy and often gets stuck in my head. it's also one of the funnest things in the world to play on guitar. i think this is the very first time they ever did this idea of clean jazz into death metal and it's pretty much one of their signature sounds and for good reason, it is just awesome.

anyways, the clean singing part in the second half is very nice. i love the vocal harmonies. it goes on a tad too long after the singing stops, but only a little bit and i usually don't mind.

TL/DR: one of the must-hear songs from probably the greatest active band in the entire world

4.99/5

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - The League of Endangered Oddities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMyygxDQ8cs
Slint had sex with Nick Drake (reminds of him, for some reason...), and then cheated with At the Drive-In.

3.5/5

Galaxie 500 - Ceremony (Joy Division/New Order cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnAnmnEPcU
A great cover for possibly my favorite song in the world. Goddamn, if I had a time machine, I'd go back in time, slap Ian Curtis in the face, and tell him and the band to release a clean studio version of this song. <3

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I dont like long intro's because their always very repetitive. When the intro ended, the song was good. I like the guitar with that drum beat but it did get repetitive. I was not able to hear the lyrics. I liked the new instrument in the ending, It helped the song a lot.
4/10

This song is Blown Away by Carrie Underwood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dont like long intro's because their always very repetitive. When the intro ended, the song was good. I like the guitar with that drum beat but it did get repetitive. I was not able to hear the lyrics. I liked the new instrument in the ending, It helped the song a lot.
4/10

This song is Hello by Kelly Clarkson. It's a guitar and drums song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnjt_pl2nnU
Do you only listen to Kelly Clarkson? If you seriously do one more intensely short review followed by a link to a Kelly Clarkson song, I'm going to do a nice review for the song someone linked and link a different song.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
...well... they're not breaking rules...
Just do the review. Should be easy

:phone:

Y

Yodery

>Giving 4/10 ratings to Galaxie 500 songs
>Posts Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood (what's the ****ing difference) songs

Someone's on that pleb status.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
This song is Blown Away by Carrie Underwood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I
I really love this song, I'm surprised it doesn't have more views. D:
This is definitely contemporary country, almost pop. One thing I love about Carrie Underwood is that most of her songs tell a story, and isn't just meant to be catchy. I love the piano in it. The bridge of the song could've been a little better, but it's ok. The video was nice as well, it really helped tell the story. I also loved the wizard of Oz references in the video, lol.

4.8/5

Allison Iraheta - Robot Love

soap

Smash Hero
I really love this song, I'm surprised it doesn't have more views. D:
This is definitely contemporary country, almost pop. One thing I love about Carrie Underwood is that most of her songs tell a story, and isn't just meant to be catchy. I love the piano in it. The bridge of the song could've been a little better, but it's ok. The video was nice as well, it really helped tell the story. I also loved the wizard of Oz references in the video, lol.

4.8/5

Allison Iraheta - Robot Love
I actually totally agree with her, I hate when people are playing with their phone when they are talking to me. That said, was not really into the song. She has an interesting texture to her voice, but other than that the tempo and instrumentals were just kinda bland to me.
I did like the metaphor of table for 3.

3/5

Um, gonna hit y'all with some Outkast - SpottieOttieDopalicious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmqauitBkM

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I actually totally agree with her, I hate when people are playing with their phone when they are talking to me. That said, was not really into the song. She has an interesting texture to her voice, but other than that the tempo and instrumentals were just kinda bland to me.
I did like the metaphor of table for 3.

3/5

Um, gonna hit y'all with some Outkast - SpottieOttieDopalicious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmqauitBkM
Wow, 7 minute Outkast song, *stretches* I hope I'm ready for this!

Really love the vibe this song has, nice and relaxed. The horns are very nicely placed as well. I'm not too big a fan of the way everything but the drums fades away when he first starts talking, its a bit boring. The second time his talking comes around is much more entertaining, with the background instruments and sounds creating a nice atmosphere. Overall, a song that could've taken up 2 minutes less time imo, but a well executed atmosphere song.

7.5/10

My song: Mandroid Echostar - Kingdom And The Crown

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
awesome harmonies in the intro

wasn't expecting these kind of vocals. now this kinda reminds me of a slightly darker Fall of Troy.

great singing all around.

great guitar leads too, i like the rock n roll bluesy style to the little solos.

tapping harmonies at 2:30ish are tastyyyy

not too sure about the ending, it kinda just peters off and ends abruptly.

great track though!

4/5

Bubblegum Octopus - Goodbye Light (God's Fake Laser) http://youtu.be/dDMlCZdL30k

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Bubblegum Octopus - Goodbye Light (God's Fake Laser) http://youtu.be/dDMlCZdL30k
The album art is pretty neat. I'm not quite sure what genre this is... lol. It's different, and weird, but somehow nice? Lol. The vocals aren't too impressive... sounds more like a live performance than a studio recording. I couldn't understand a single word he was saying either. ._. The part a 3:09... felt very random and out of place... what was the point of that? Then it just... ends. Lol I'm not sure what to say here, I didn't really get it, it was strange.

2/5
It was ok, but probably not something I'd listen to again.

Bridgit Mendler - The Fall Song

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I gave this 3 listens just to make sure I got a proper feel for it. It was kinda painful to listen to. I swear I've been hearing music like this on the radio for decades now. I kinda find the lyrical content itself to be very simple. How many songs about a young woman falling in love can people seriously listen to these days.

I imagine a music video where she's going about town with some sort of lens flare and she's just doing "Summer things," which is quite funny, because it's a "Fall song." Perhaps they shouldn't go for a pseudo-Caribbean sound. Then when they're doing the chorus to the song it just cuts to the camera panning around them bouncing and playing instruments and trying to look as "deep" and "soulful" as they can while they bounce around the stage. That piano is actually grating somehow.

She appears to have talent in singing, sort of. It just feels derivative. The background music seems sterile and heartless. It doesn't matter how much she acts like she's singing her heart out, I feel no emotion in this. Bland and soulless. Made to sell.Also, this song is 3 minutes, yet it oddly feels padded out. I don't feel like there's content in here. Just a few bars and a chorus that I swear is done 5 times (It's not, but it feels like that).

Many apologies fella. I'm sure you really like this song too. Now I'm expecting harsh critiques of what I post no matter what.

1/5.

And now my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwXCBi-Eh8

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

Top Bottom