• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate the song posted above thread! (seriously listen!)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
People who don't like the music I listen to are idiots.
D'oh kay then.

I got a Pink Floyd vibe from this, which isn't a bad thing, because I love pink floyd. I loved the way the vocals keep repeating themselves, it adds to the atmosphere of the song. Though I guess it creates less repetiton, I didn't really like the whispered part. Just felt like something was off. I also felt like the repetition got a bit tedious by the end. Overall, though, a pretty solid song. 7/10.

Caspian- Waking Season

Y

Yodery

I don't care what kind of music you like. But seriously, if you're going to rate a ****ing 'Mats song a 3/10, then turn around, and put up an Evanescence song, then well... that should speak for itself.

Anyways....

Caspian - Walking Season

Without a doubt, one of the best songs of 2012. I just love how patient the instrumentation is. Not too big on post-rock, but damn, I'm impressed. The production is ehh, but wow, I'll def pick up the album in time.

8.9/10

Fugazi - And the Same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYQrsnK6gNY
Good sheet mang

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
got all excited to see a flux of activity in this thread. oh it's yodery derailing yet another thread to boast about his music taste, awesome

I don't care what kind of music you like. But seriously, if you're going to rate a ****ing 'Mats song a 3/10, then turn around, and put up an Evanescence song, then well... that should speak for itself.

Anyways....

Caspian - Walking Season

Without a doubt, one of the best songs of 2012. I just love how patient the instrumentation is. Not too big on post-rock, but damn, I'm impressed. The production is ehh, but wow, I'll def pick up the album in time.

8.9/10

Fugazi - And the Same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYQrsnK6gNY
Good sheet mang
This song reminds me of REM mixed with Sonic Youth except with slightly more emotional vocals. It's pretty nice. I can take or leave the vocals in pretty much any Fugazi song. The guitar noises remind me of Sonic Youth and...well, Fugazi.

sound at 2:24 is beautiful

the chorus is pretty fun.

Fugazi's a cool group. Makes me feel nostalgic for something I was not a part of.

4/5

horse the band SHAPESHIFT http://youtu.be/RF_v7ek5o-s

C.SDK

Smash Ace
got all excited to see a flux of activity in this thread. oh it's yodery derailing yet another thread to boast about his music taste, awesome

This song reminds me of REM mixed with Sonic Youth except with slightly more emotional vocals. It's pretty nice. I can take or leave the vocals in pretty much any Fugazi song. The guitar noises remind me of Sonic Youth and...well, Fugazi.

sound at 2:24 is beautiful

the chorus is pretty fun.

Fugazi's a cool group. Makes me feel nostalgic for something I was not a part of.

4/5

horse the band SHAPESHIFT http://youtu.be/RF_v7ek5o-s
**** yeah, Horse the Band.

I definitely like this song. The screaming (maybe there's a better word) is pretty cool and it's also a huge plus when there's singing and or a mix of screaming and singing. It tends to get kind of annoying when it's purely screaming unless the screaming sounds really good to me or the song makes up for it (e.g. Dr. Acula). I like the 8-bit sound to it and I'm kind of a sucker for that type of stuff, haha.

4/5

Squarepusher - Dark Steering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvLAKrVbCBM

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Weird techno computer beat O.o

Pretty cool o: I like the extra instruments added around 2:00

This would be epic in a video game or sci-fi movie, not sure if I would just listen to it freely though. So weird, but awesome at the same time. Gives you an "omg what's happening!?" feeling during the bridge. What genre is this? It's like a mix of techno, electro house, and dubstep.

The ending was pretty cool.

Song is pretty cool, very different, but fantastic!

4.5/5

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Avicii Remix)
Avicii is just amazing.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Weird techno computer beat O.o

Pretty cool o: I like the extra instruments added around 2:00

This would be epic in a video game or sci-fi movie, not sure if I would just listen to it freely though. So weird, but awesome at the same time. Gives you an "omg what's happening!?" feeling during the bridge. What genre is this? It's like a mix of techno, electro house, and dubstep.

The ending was pretty cool.

Song is pretty cool, very different, but fantastic!

4.5/5

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Avicii Remix)
Avicii is just amazing.
Fun tones in the beginning. Typical annoying modern Madonna verse.

I like the dubstep fuzzy bass. The drop is actually really tasteful and not entirely annoying. The piano is pleasant too. I enjoy everything in this song except for Madonna's singing really.

The end though is kinda not that great. It all builds up and builds up and then just peters out with this dumb re-trigging noise. It feels like the guy couldn't think of a way to end it so he just looped that one sound over and over.

2.9/5

Rilo Kiley "Does He Love You?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfn2Y7ghWM

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
The end though is kinda not that great. It all builds up and builds up and then just peters out with this dumb re-trigging noise. It feels like the guy couldn't think of a way to end it so he just looped that one sound over and over.

I know, the end was disappointing :C lol

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
Fun tones in the beginning. Typical annoying modern Madonna verse.

I like the dubstep fuzzy bass. The drop is actually really tasteful and not entirely annoying. The piano is pleasant too. I enjoy everything in this song except for Madonna's singing really.

2.9/5

Rilo Kiley "Does He Love You?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfn2Y7ghWM
Wow! This song is spectacular... It gives me a nostlagic feeling... Her voice is so unique. Her voice is backed up by which I think are the 4 important instruments..The guitar also plays a big role in giving this song it's classic nostlagic sound. Then comes the electric guitars which arrives with power and precision in the climax. Next is the drums it's one of the keys in the pivotal momentum of the song. Going from soft taps in the begining to loud thumps. Last is the violins... The violins are an exquisite touch in the climax. In the end the violins replace the electric guitars for a refreshing ending.

5/5 Classic!!!

Lana Del Rey "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvb8wdBglpw"
I think it's one of her best songs yet...

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Wow! This song is spectacular... It gives me a nostlagic feeling... Her voice is so unique. Her voice is backed up by which I think are the 4 important instruments..The guitar also plays a big role in giving this song it's classic nostlagic sound. Then comes the electric guitars which arrives with power and precision in the climax. Next is the drums it's one of the keys in the pivotal momentum of the song. Going from soft taps in the begining to loud thumps. Last is the violins... The violins are an exquisite touch in the climax. In the end the violins replace the electric guitars for a refreshing ending.

5/5 Classic!!!

Lana Del Rey "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvb8wdBglpw"
I think it's one of her best songs yet...
7/10

I never particularly liked Lana Del Rey, going out to look for her music, but somehow I kept this song on, and it was done before I knew it. I rarely have that with music others provide me with.
I didn't enjoy the first part, but the chorus with the more elaborate composition, I liked that a lot.
The bad thing is that I don't like her voice, simple :woman:.

Jacques Brel - Ne Me Quitte Pas

*crosses fingers for someone who understands French*

Slhoka

Smash Lord
7/10

I never particularly liked Lana Del Rey, going out to look for her music, but somehow I kept this song on, and it was done before I knew it. I rarely have that with music others provide me with.
I didn't enjoy the first part, but the chorus with the more elaborate composition, I liked that a lot.
The bad thing is that I don't like her voice, simple :woman:.

Jacques Brel - Ne Me Quitte Pas

*crosses fingers for someone who understands French*
Hmm... I was looking up "french" and "france" in order to see anything related to my local community, and I saw you had no answer for a couple days... It would have been more interesting with a non-native speaker, but oh well.

I really like this song, and even if I think it's a bit presumptuous to rate it, I'd say 17/20 or something.

My opinion is quite biased however, because I've heard this song fairly often already. The music in itself doesn't seem that important to me, even though it fits well. But the most important thing with Brel is, as always, the singing. I think it's remarkable because Brel conveys emotions extremely well. It seems there's actually despair in his voice, as well as a part of madness when he sounds like he forces himself to look happy and hopeful. The lyrics do the exact same job about as well.
On the whole, I have the feeling Brel is actually going through a breakup. I've haven't seen many singers put so much energy and emotion in their singing (see also Dans le port d'Amsterdam / In the port of Amsterdam for those who are interested).
In short, it may be old and far from today's standards, but I find it amazing.

As for the next song, here's one I discovered recently : Theodore, Paul and Gabriel - Silent Veil

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm... I was looking up "french" and "france" in order to see anything related to my local community, and I saw you had no answer for a couple days... It would have been more interesting with a non-native speaker, but oh well.

I really like this song, and even if I think it's a bit presumptuous to rate it, I'd say 17/20 or something.

My opinion is quite biased however, because I've heard this song fairly often already. The music in itself doesn't seem that important to me, even though it fits well. But the most important thing with Brel is, as always, the singing. I think it's remarkable because Brel conveys emotions extremely well. It seems there's actually despair in his voice, as well as a part of madness when he sounds like he forces himself to look happy and hopeful. The lyrics do the exact same job about as well.
On the whole, I have the feeling Brel is actually going through a breakup. I've haven't seen many singers put so much energy and emotion in their singing (see also Dans le port d'Amsterdam / In the port of Amsterdam for those who are interested).
In short, it may be old and far from today's standards, but I find it amazing.

As for the next song, here's one I discovered recently : Theodore, Paul and Gabriel - Silent Veil
Can't really put my finger on it, but the song overall flows really well. Just how her vocals go in rhythm with the steady guitar. This is one of those songs where I'm fine with a simplistic tune (I remember critiquing something earlier, where I found it dull). Anyways, I am not too fond of her voice, especially when she raises her voice. I also didn't like how she ended each slew of lines with something that didn't rhyme at all. It sort of ruined the flow. However, it's a minor complaint and the whole song is catchy and does a good job of keeping my attention.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

ES Posthumus - Cuzco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcI8BHIcpU

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
5/5
The song was very relaxing and enjoyable to listen to. I loved the stringed instrument. I didn't like the ending, I think it should have ended with a chord.

In the future
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/463025
Good start so far! Pleasant synths and LFO bass. Nice reverb-y drum sounds and a pretty decent melody line. Song develops well. When the song kicks in at 1:40ish it feels nice. And when it drops out for the quiet piano interlude is also pretty nice. Unfortunately I feel like the song definitely loses steam after that, as it's just more of the same. Not too terrible a drop off, but I think this song had potential to be more powerful or if not, at least a little shorter.

3.7/5

Maybeshewill "He Films the Clouds Part 2" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaGRxq8Z3tc

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Thankyou, its funny to me that you liked my song better than the kelly clarkson song I posted.

Maybeshewill "He Films the Clouds Part 2" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaGRxq8Z3tc
I love the piano intro. The guitar sounds good with it. I like the build up with the stringed instrument and the drums. After the song built up, it became a little repetitive for a while. The vocals were very unexpected because of the long instrumental intro. I didn't like the format of the song. It kept building up for a long time and then dropped and the cycle repeated, but the song was so good that I dont care about that. The things I liked most about the song were the piano melodies and the drum beat.
5/5

Kelly Clarkson- Where is your heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-MHBJvysSg

Blue you created that?
yes

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
Blue you created that?

Dang!!!

Kelly Clarkson "Where Is Your Heart"
3.5/5

Hmm... Old song... Throwback Thursday!!!!

She demonstrates such immense vocal capabilities... Sadly I don't think the instrumentals co-ops with Kelly's fantastic vocals. The instrumentals in the beginning are fine until the her singing comes which makes the instrumental seem pale. However clocking at 4:40 minutes and seconds. With this song's slow pace it can be a bit tiring... Still a great listen... The poetical lyrics and mighty vocals are just... Moving...

Figure 8-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNpBahr49mA

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oh man, I just wanna say, I clicked on the link then went to a different tab for a sec and the first thing I heard from the headphones was a pretty basic melody, then a man's voice started singing and I went back and it was George Takei in a youtube ad. I dunno why I just thought that was really funny when expecting Clarkson.

I admit, I was surprised that her voice wasn't as heavily treated as a commercial star's voice like her's usually is. I don't say that in a purist opposition to auto-tune in general, I genuinely think this is more enjoyable to listen to. So... good marks there I guess.

HA, wiki's page for her has a pic from august and the girl seems to have passed by "chubby".

Anyway, most of the song is her blaring out about some guy presumably and I kind of wade through it, but there are parts where she's quieter and softer and I find her voice really enjoyable. I wish there was more of that there.

It's generally uninteresting otherwise. Although I think it benefits her when the ensemble doesn't try to go toward a rock sound, as they don't here.
I want this to break into happy-smiley threshold, but :/

:urg:[:ohwell:]:):bee::awesome:

Danny Brown - Monopoly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUk691o8BI

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
gaaaaaaaaaaah ****...

I hate getting ninja'd

Ellie Golding
I... think I have heard of her before?... I'm sure my uncertainty would garner a scoff in some circles

I loved the first verse, and until the drop at the chorus I was prepared to write down my surprise that this girl is totally impressing me. Somehow, whoever produced managed to make the verses shine much more as a personality of a singer than the frankly annoying chorus. I am slightly interested, however, in seeing if anything else of hers is worth listening to. So I suppose points should be given for hooking me, despite the bait being small

:urg::ohwell:[:)]:bee::awesome:

refer to the post above for the next song

Y

Yodery

gaaaaaaaaaaah ****...

I hate getting ninja'd

Ellie Golding
I... think I have heard of her before?... I'm sure my uncertainty would garner a scoff in some circles

I loved the first verse, and until the drop at the chorus I was prepared to write down my surprise that this girl is totally impressing me. Somehow, whoever produced managed to make the verses shine much more as a personality of a singer than the frankly annoying chorus. I am slightly interested, however, in seeing if anything else of hers is worth listening to. So I suppose points should be given for hooking me, despite the bait being small

refer to the post above for the next song
Danny Brown's "XXX" is, IMO, definitely one of the best albums of 2011. I've been fuxxing with him this whole month. His flow works so well for me, he's funny, and well, he just doesn't give a ****. It's like Cage the Elephant went hip-hop, without the ****, of course. The beat isn't all that great, but it doesn't bother me much. And the production could be better.

Not really much else to say about it; I love Danny Brown tho.

4/5

The Replacements - Alex Chilton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSJYZyouek

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Danny Brown's "XXX" is, IMO, definitely one of the best albums of 2011. I've been fuxxing with him this whole month. His flow works so well for me, he's funny, and well, he just doesn't give a ****. It's like Cage the Elephant went hip-hop, without the ****, of course. The beat isn't all that great, but it doesn't bother me much. And the production could be better.

Not really much else to say about it; I love Danny Brown tho.

4/5

The Replacements - Alex Chilton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSJYZyouek
Decent start. Okay guitar tones. Inoffensive but sort of uninteresting vocals. I like the percussion and handclaps during the chorus thing.

I like the guitar break a lot.

And the chorus with just the acoustic guitar is nice.

Overall, it's a good enough song, but it's kind of like musical wallpaper to me. Just kind of vacantly pleasant without evoking any kind of actual emotion out of me.

3/5

Astreal "Lover and the sea" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSD_Zavj1s

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Decent start. Okay guitar tones. Inoffensive but sort of uninteresting vocals. I like the percussion and handclaps during the chorus thing.

I like the guitar break a lot.

And the chorus with just the acoustic guitar is nice.

Overall, it's a good enough song, but it's kind of like musical wallpaper to me. Just kind of vacantly pleasant without evoking any kind of actual emotion out of me.

3/5

Astreal "Lover and the sea" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSD_Zavj1s
The song was very repetitive. The guitar melody became annoying to listen to by the middle-end of the song. I did not like the vocals, I couldn't hear the lyrics most of the time. The song was good until the guitar melody became annoying though. The drum beat was also very good.
5/10

Love Song - Sara Bareilles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7Yh16dA0w

Y

Yodery

The song was very repetitive. The guitar melody became annoying to listen to by the middle-end of the song. I did not like the vocals, I couldn't hear the lyrics most of the time. The song was good until the guitar melody became annoying though. The drum beat was also very good.
5/10

Now THIS is great top 40 music. Not gonna lie, this song and the Spice Girls' "Spiceworld" album are guilty pleasures of mine. Always liked this song, and if I'm driving without my CDs, I turn on the radio, and this song turns on, I'll leave it on. Clever lyrics, VERY catchy voice, and decent piano playing. Cool song, haters can eat a deck.

4.5/5

Death Grips - Guillotine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4l7bmTJ7j8
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
5/10

This was one of the bigger songs that everyone knew a few years ago and they still do for a good reason. The song from start to finish is very catchy. The piano can be sometimes tedious.. But Sara's voice is again very strong... Plus the lyrics are cute and smart.

85-93/100

Dang! Yodery beated me to it.. Ill do a review of your song Yoder later my mom is in that stage of the month...

Since you did Sara Bareilles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOKCWDJ4iA&list=UUeorj4gQq9KLidnoC-XCbCQ&index=21&feature=plpp_video-Winter Song
By: Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles
These two just made such a great duet... Also Winter is arriving...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This was one of the bigger songs that everyone knew a few years ago and they still do for a good reason. The song from start to finish is very catchy. The piano can be sometimes tedious.. But Sara's voice is again very strong... Plus the lyrics are cute and smart.

85-93/100

Dang! Yodery beated me to it.. Ill do a review of your song Yoder later my mom is in that stage of the month...

Since you did Sara Bareilles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOKCWDJ4iA&list=UUeorj4gQq9KLidnoC-XCbCQ&index=21&feature=plpp_video-Winter Song
By: Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles
These two just made such a great duet... Also Winter is arriving...
The song was a little catchy, but it also became annoying sometimes. It did sound good for a few moments. The chords that go along with the vocals (i dont really know how to explain this) are very annoying and ruined what could be a great song imo. Other than that, it was a catchy and relaxing song. So I liked the song except for the part I just explained. I probably won't listen to it again, but I will definitely listen to more songs from that singer.
5/10

How you remind me -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yodery's song got skipped. I'm going to rate that one instead because **** Nickelback.

Death Grips "Guillotine":

The intro makes my stomach drop.

This actually isn't one of my favorite DG songs. It's a little too minimalistic for me. I like the songs with more stuff going on in the instrumentals like Thru the Walls and Fever.

1:10-1:15 is plain brilliant.

I love the ringing high pitch sound that accents the end of some of the measures. And then it comes on in full force at the end and makes my ears wanna bleed. ****in awesome.

Good song. Not really in the top ten Death Grips songs for me though

3/5

just for ****s, I'll rate that Nickelback I guess

"How You Remind Me": this is actually a song I loved when it came out and I was like 12. This is one of the first albums I ever owned.

It's good compared to most Nickelback, but it's still kinda bleh.

2.5/5

Kimbra "Withdraw" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_7tAHwlEqY

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
It sounds a song Kelly Clarkson can sing very well. It reminded me of her song "Why Don't You Try", but Kimbra's song is better.

It's a good song, It just doesn't have any qualities that I like in a song at all. It starts with a soft drum beat and then there is added vocals in the background through out the song. The problems are there are no catchy parts to the song and there isn't a long enough exciting part. The ending part at 3:30 was exciting but It did not last long enough.
It felt very weird to listen to a song full of guitar right after listening to this song a few times.

Jason Aldean - Don't you wanna stay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIjkVn_ro0g

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It sounds a song Kelly Clarkson can sing very well.

As with the vast majority of country-style music in general, there is no room for abstraction or experimentation in this song.

I, as a human, can never really ignore a song's attempted invocation of my desire to express and sympathize with others' expression of love. But to bore me at the same time doesn't help their effort. This song is loud, boring and uninspiring. Sorry, dude, I know how much you love the girl. But she doesn't make a lot of good music.
[:urg:]:ohwell::):bee::awesome:

Incubus - Rogues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZws22lhe24

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

As with the vast majority of country-style music in general, there is no room for abstraction or experimentation in this song.

I, as a human, can never really ignore a song's attempted invocation of my desire to express and sympathize with others' expression of love. But to bore me at the same time doesn't help their effort. This song is loud, boring and uninspiring. Sorry, dude, I know how much you love the girl. But she doesn't make a lot of good music.
[:urg:]:ohwell::):bee::awesome:

Incubus - Rogues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZws22lhe24
Intro evokes a strange mood in me. I can't really put my finger on it. It's pleasantly strange.

Kinda makes me disappointed when the song actually kicks in. Song kinda loses me

then the chorus comes in, and it's a really strong chorus. the vocals are what makes this song.

The solo is pretty fun. I like the guitar tone and the pitch shift effect.

pretty good song! a chorus that will be kicking around in my head for a while and solid instrumentals

3.5/5

Bjork "Hyperballad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SDWFvsN2lw

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Not a fan of her voice... at times it's nice, at other times it's rough. Hard to understand what she's saying at times, but still nice in a strange way.

I like the chorus, a little catchy and the instruments are nice. The ending was pretty, I liked how it slowed to a finish, the chorus built it up then slowed down to a perfect stop.

Beautiful song, didn't really care for it at first, but it really grew on me after listening to it a few times.

3.8/5

McClain Sisters - Go
So catchy o.o

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Not a fan of her voice... at times it's nice, at other times it's rough. Hard to understand what she's saying at times, but still nice in a strange way.

I like the chorus, a little catchy and the instruments are nice. The ending was pretty, I liked how it slowed to a finish, the chorus built it up then slowed down to a perfect stop.

Beautiful song, didn't really care for it at first, but it really grew on me after listening to it a few times.

3.8/5

McClain Sisters - Go
So catchy o.o
It is very catchy. I usually like songs that are catchy, but this song has terrible lyrics. If the song had better lyrics I would love it. I mostly like the chorus, but the bridge is boring.
6/10

Lost in Paradise - Evanescence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnxlW5TrBs

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It is very catchy. I usually like songs that are catchy, but this song has terrible lyrics. If the song had better lyrics I would love it. I mostly like the chorus, but the bridge is boring.
6/10

Lost in Paradise - Evanescence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnxlW5TrBs
Wow, fantastic chord progression in the beginning. Somewhere between morose and sinister. I enjoy Evanescence's ballads quite a bit. Lovely singing voice and choice of melody.

This song doesn't seem to quite have the "something" that songs like My Immortal do. I'm not sure what it is. It just doesn't grab me the same way and when the full band comes in, it feels a little premature.

still, a nice enough song. it builds up well even though it feels like the climax goes on a little too long.

tbh it has me listening to My Immortal right afterwards.

3.1/5

Between the Buried and Me "Mirrors" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4cec48TsM

cannedbread

Smash Lord
being somewhat unfamiliar with today's hardcore metal sound, i clicked that link expecting heavy guitar thrashing and fast rhythms and all the metal cliches. but i was instead greeted to a quiet clean track with loads of tension. i really like the sort of discordant/sort of jazzy guitar/sort of surf reverbed guitar progression in the intro mixed with the slow calm singing. while listening i automatically thought of pyramid song by radiohead. the song continues to flow in the same fashion, while holding onto that tension that kept me interested. it feels like it would work best with the rest of the album instead of a single song, though.

4.1/5

deerhoof - choco fight

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Uuuuuuh what ._.

Ok, for some strange reason, I like it? O.o lol it's weird. I don't know what it is, but it's like one of those songs that you can't help NOT to like. It's weird, but very original.

Sort of reminds me of some Earthbound tracks in some sections. The vocals weren't that great, but the song clearly isn't trying to sell a vocalist.

Overall pretty interesting, not what you hear on a daily basis.
4/5

I'm gonna start a series of Christmas/Holiday themed songs to celebrate the Holidays :D

First on the list is the Greatest Time of Year by Aly and Aj

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
First on the list is the Greatest Time of Year by Aly and Aj
The song was one of the catchiest songs I heard in a long time. I love the guitar in the song, the vocals go very well with it. I loved the song until 2:30 , thats when the song lost a lot of power. The bridge was boring and then there was a fade out chorus. I don't like fade out choruses, thats why when I listen to Kelly Clarkson's song "You Love Me", I stop listening to the song early. I will listen to the song again because it was so catchy.
4/5
I dont know any christmas songs, but I will post something different from what I usually post.
Skyfall - Adele
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKoqNJtMTQ

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Adele did a pretty fantastic job with the theme. I guess that because it's a Bond theme, it has to have a certain feel. It's gotta be portentous, but exciting too. So regardless of not being surprised how it was going to make me feel, there's just a more base satisfaction with her voice.
yup yup

fun fact: when Jack White was messing around with what would be the riff for Seven Nation Army, he wrote it thinking it would be what he would use if he were asked to make a Bond theme.

Punch Brothers - Don't Get Married Without Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQeu3Joea4

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Adele did a pretty fantastic job with the theme. I guess that because it's a Bond theme, it has to have a certain feel. It's gotta be portentous, but exciting too. So regardless of not being surprised how it was going to make me feel, there's just a more base satisfaction with her voice.
yup yup

fun fact: when Jack White was messing around with what would be the riff for Seven Nation Army, he wrote it thinking it would be what he would use if he were asked to make a Bond theme.

Punch Brothers - Don't Get Married Without Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQeu3Joea4
In some alternate universe, I think I have listened to this band before. I feel like this is a song that is hard to listen on a continuous basis, but when it comes on, it's very easy to appreciate. His vocals play perfectly with the strings and limited background music. When the music gets loud, he gets loud appropriately. Chorus is very fun to listen too, and man would this make as a good campfire or small town song.

I honestly have no complaints about this song, aside from what I said it's not a song I would put on repeat non-stop. Still, this band has me interested.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

Not sure if I ever posted this, but given that someone else also posted the Skyfall theme, I'm inclined to post the "other" submission that was made.

Muse - Supremacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8rdi-cwdw

Top Bottom