• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the wait, I promise to get it done earlier next time. Which means I'll have to close the poll at 7:50 PM CST next time to get it back on time for each day.

Update: You may now start predicting the next day candidate. The next day candidate is the one with the most votes that will be placed for rating the next day (In this case, it was the second most highly nominated characters for vets and newcomers, but Day Two on, it will be the one with the highest nominations).

Mario has received a perfect 100%! He couldn't have been happier.

Little Mac, our first newcomer contestant, has earned a score of 80.77%. He agrees that this is a very good score and is please to know that people think he'll be in SSB4. However, he had no comment on the somewhat neutral stances on him, although these were mainly due to a couple of haters.

As these two leaves, they leave in the path of two new contestants, King K. Rool and Mewtwo. One of which is a newcomer and another is a Melee character dumped due to time restriction? Do you think King K. Rool will finally terrorize the Kongs in Smash and do you think Mewtwo will make his return?
What exactly are you going to be doing with all the scores, and percentages?
The wanted part is more of just for fun then anything. As for the likelihood part, once all semi-reasonable and semi-well known candidates are used up, I plan on sharing the result in the SSB4 thread and get a discussion going in terms of if they agree with the overall score of a character's likelihood and for those wondering what people think of a character's chances, they can read this thread along with non-troll responses to see what people truly think of a character's likelihood. Although in the end it will not determine who gets in, it can help new people discuss a character likelihood if they visit this thread.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
King K. Krool (100%) (Deserving) Do I really have to state the obvious?

MewTwo (40%) (Not likely) I like him. I really do. I just believe that they abandoned this character. I have a feeling they have their minds on a whole new set of characters. MewTwo is one of my favorites, but I really don't think he will make it.

I vote the same candidates everytime SSBF. So just refer back to my first vote every day and add them up. ^^

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
My nomination goes for Ike....

60% for Myunit character.

30% chances for Mewtwo to come back.

50% for K.rool because he is quite old and he wasn't included in the latest DK game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes another update, okay here goes:

Mewtwo: 50% Marginal

Okay first off let me say that Mewtwo is one of my all time favorite characters off all time. Now let's discuss his chances for SSB4...

Alright to be frank I don't think his chances of returning are good, why? Well let's see Zoroark and Victini are the newest 5th gen Pokemon that are most likely to get a roster spot, seeing that Lucario or Pokemon Trainer "may" have been put in Brawl to solely replace Mewtwo means he might not return, though if anybody saw and looked at the Brawl files you may known that he is part of " The Forbidden 7", meaning those characters were considered during Brawl's developmen. At one point or another, this included Mewtwo, seeing that he has a reliable fanbase I can see him returning but his chances at this point in time isn't looking so good due to the newer generation of Pokemon that might be promotionaly represented.

Verdict:Deserving

King K. Rool: 72.99% Considerable

Alright first off, he is the main villain of the DK series, even though he hasn't been in any Major games, he recently made an appearance in the Mario Strikers game, what does this mean? It means he hasn't been completly been forgotten, plus The DK series in Smash definetly needs another classic villain such as K. Rool who has played a major role in past DK titles, my reasoning for my score is simple the fact that a Diddy and Dixie tag team might happen and be considered by Sakurai this time around, I believe if it wasn't for those two forming a potential team as proven in the Brawl files then K. Rool would have definetly had a better chance.

Verdict: Wanted

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Aww, dang... I missed Little Mac. :(

Anyway, I have mixed feeling about Mewtwo. I feel he'll be likely to come back under the "COMEBACK" tag. MAYBE he'll replace Lucario, and Zoroark and Lucario become pokeballs. That's my theory though.

Likelyhood? 65%.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Lol that's 0.001% chances to happen -.- it's like monarchy...
Well Mewtwo was cut due to time limits. There was never the intention of him being replaced. So Sakurai MIGHT make up for that in this game.

Lucario was in for popularity at the time I think. But like they mentioned, by the time SSB4 is halfway done, we'll probably be at generation 6 pokemon.

This is just a theory. Not my real sentiments on the matter.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Mewtwo 82%- Let's not forget he was SUPPOSED to be in Brawl, he was cut due to time constraints. Not to mention an angry fan backlash when people realized he wasn't in the game. Given he is consistently in the upper echelons of Pokepopularity, I think we'll see him as the first character to return after an absence.

King K Rool 56%- Probably a deserving character, but he along with DK in general is generally neglected. He SHOULD be in... but his inclusion is nowhere near a guarantee.

Nominations for Noobs
Black Knight x1
Andy x1
Genesect x1
Tom Nook x1
Ray x1

Nominations for Veterans
Jigglypuff x2
Wolf x2
Snake x1

Hope thats right :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kaptain/King (Krusha)/Baron K. Rool(enstein): 75% - I give K. Rool an unfortunate 3/4 chance of getting in merely because of the ignorance I've seen towards the Donkey Kong series. Seeing as how the latest installment lacked K. Rool (which shouldn't be a factor, but it sadly is), his chance has been hurt. That's not to say he isn't one of the frontrunners and top candidates for popularity and deserving-ness. I vote him Deserving.

Mewtwo: 20% - It's sad to say that Mewtwo probably has a 1 in 5 chance of seeing the smash series as a character again. He has lots of fans and support but Sakurai has frankly moved on from our 1st gen antagonist. I mean, the 6th generation of Pokémon will be on the horizon by the time we see the next smash! However, if we were rating his chance of a cameo as a boss battle........ I'm neutral to his inclusion.

5 votes for Ridley.
5 votes for Jigglypuff.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Mewtwo - 20%. I think the first generation is already well represented. I don't see him coming back after being cut already.

K. Rool - 70%. I think the DK series got revitalized with DKCR and Mario Sluggers (having a few older characters) I think he's popular, he has a huge move set potential. He's a villain which adds to his uniqueness.

my 5 newcomer nominations (Geno, Ridley, K. Rool, Krystal, Balloon Fighter)
5 vet nominations (Ike, ROB, Wolf, Diddy [solo], Lucario)

That is if you're taking nominations from the same person.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Mewtwo - 20%. I think the first generation is already well represented. I don't see him coming back after being cut already.

K. Rool - 70%. I think the DK series got revitalized with DKCR and Mario Sluggers (having a few older characters) I think he's popular, he has a huge move set potential. He's a villain which adds to his uniqueness.

Man you have common sense... :)

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo:

There were four (Or five, depending if Young Link counts) Melee characters cut; Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo (Young Link as well if he counts). Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Young Link were clones, so I had no problem with their cuts, but to this day, I was disappointed to see Mewtwo get the axe from Brawl and I hope that he returns in some form as a playable character. Actually, Mewtwo is the only cut Melee characters I want back as he clearly could be unique. So while I can understand Mewtwo not being in SSB4, it would be nice to see him back. I vote Wanted.

As for his likelihood, Mewtwo has some things going against him First off, there's the fact he was cut. Yes he was planned, but due to time restraint, he had to be cut. Since the roster will likely be 44-49 slots, I have my doubts about even five slots being enough for Mewtwo to return. I also think that his tier had to do something with him being cut, consistently ranking among the worst Melee characters in the game. I think had he had better tiering then Jigglypuff, he may have stayed while Jigglypuff get the boot although that's just my feeling. Furthermore, and this is the main thing that could keep him from ever being playable again, is that he has a lot of competition. He has to worry about Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, Meowth, Lucario, and among others for a spot. Of those, only two of these are getting in. We could see only four slots (Thought I don't think it makes since for SSB4 and find it kind of unlikely), and considering I think Jigglypuff is here to stay, this makes Mewtwo's chances practically non-existence. His chances goes up with five slots, but there are many things to consider that could take the fifth spot:

- We could be seeing 5th gen newcomers.
- We could be seeing Meowth as the 2nd Pokemon newcomer.
- We could be seeing Lucario return.

Considering that we get two newcomers every game for Pokemon, Mewtwo may not even be considered like in Brawl.

However, while his chances are hurt, they are not completely gone. If we get five slots, there's always a chance that they can cut corners and replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Unlike other cut Melee characters, Mewtwo's cut caused a lot of outrage and for good reasons; unique players should never face the axe, they should merely be improved upon. That means Mewtwo has high demand for his return and Sakurai may take notice of this. What also makes him possible is that he was part of the Forbidden Seven. Each game brings at least one character from a previous installment and make them playable. Brawl had the largest amount of planned characters that did not exactly make the cut. Of those, Dixie is the most likely with Mewtwo trailing behind him. Mewtwo was also the most completed character before receiving the axe, having an entirely unique move set planned along with a Final Smash and unique Victory sounds. My theory is that we will see at least one of the cut Forbidden Seven finally returns and if that is the case, the team may consider bringing back Mewtwo as a playable character to make up for Lucario's leaving and a lack of a second newcomer (We are getting a 5th gen newcomer regardless). So while his chances aren't large, he still has a shot and I hope that if Lucario doesn't get in SSB4, he'll at least be in.

So he gets a 40% from me.

King K. Rool

My third most wanted character in the game. He has tons of move set potentials and would be a very, very unique character that other players can't really replicate. I would love to see him in SSB4. I vote Deserving.

I am much more confident in his inclusion then those of Mewtwo's. He along with Little Mac are the only two characters I have seen with not only very high demand, but next to zero opposition to his inclusion. I can easily see Sakurai listening to unified opinions if he ever takes a few hours to look up boards for how many people want King K. Rool in. Beside, you can't reasonable apply the "too big", "third-party", or "blade-weiders" argument to him. Him having a high potential for an unique move set helps him a lot as well. He hasn't been completely forgotten either, as he has appeared in Mario Superstar Baseball, a few months after Brawl's release.

He's not a shoe-in thought, as he may have minor relevancy issue, having not appeared in Donkey Kong Country Returns, although due to major back lashes to lack of Kremlings in that game, we'll probably see him back in one way or another. He also has the threat of Dixie Kong, who may take the third spot instead, as unlike her, he was not part of the Forbidden Seven. Still, he has a very good chance of getting in SSB4 as importance to the series and high popularity may be all he needs to get into SSB4.

80%

I am predicting 62.17% for Toad.

Nominations (Newcomers):
Mega Man (x1)
Ridley (x1)
Ray MK 01 (x1)
Victini (x1)
Starfy (x1)

OmegaXXII

Okay, here are my 10 nominations for the day:

Veterans:
•Ganondorf (1x)
•Ike(2x)
•Pokemon Trainer (1x)
•Sonic (1x)

Newcomers
•The Black Knight (2x)
•Caeda (1x)
•Ray Mk (2x)

Those are my ten nominations as of now.

Alien Vision said:
@ Omega - I believe I have seen you read some of my literature before, but you never said anything D: Thats fail. I need all the input I can get. .-. I guess I am not as fun as SSBF, right?[/FONT]
@Alien Vision: I always lurk around the Creative Minds room, and I'll be taking part in that prompt, I've seen your literature, it's quite impressive, if you want I would be happy to critique on your stuff. :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like to nominate:

-MIKE from StarTropics
-Saki from Sin & Punishment
-Duck Hunt Dog from Duck Hunt
-Alice from Balloon Fight.

Now... before you roll your eyes on Mike, bare with me.
Why do I think he should be a candidate?

-He's the most popular non-japan character. (Meaning, not appearing in any Nintendo game released in Japan)
-StarTropics is a brother-franchise to Punch Out! (Made by the same guy, Genyo Takeda)
-Next Level games, the people who made Punch Out Wii, according to Iwata, are in charge of reviving Takeda's games. (So a new ST isn't out of the question).

Other merits:
-Chronologically, the first Nintendo character to ever use a Yoyo as a weapon.
-The only Nintendo game to break the fourth wall where the player has to solve a puzzle OUTSIDE the game to progress INSIDE the game.
-StarTropics has two games, so it can at least be called a franchise (or maybe a series).
-C-island, the most recurring location of StarTropics, made a cameo in PilotWings 64, calling it "Crescent Island". (There are other cameos, but nowhere near as important).

Well.. that's it. I know things look kinda blurry for him and his series, but out of curiosity, I'd like to see what arguments come up. He's one of the few retro SERIES that haven't made a comeback of any sort yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, here we go again. Mewtwo and K Rool this time ehh? Mkay.

Mewtwo - 50% chance Because I don't know if characters can come back, and the expansion of slots seems to be a big mystery to me. If there will not be any more slots being handed to Pokemon then I would have given him a zero. But because it's all a big mystery at this point, fifty is nice. I give him a 3 out of 5 in deserving. Not because he isn't deserving, but because I don't see any returning character on the same level of urgency as a total newcomer.

King K Rool - 55% chance Because we have the whole Diddy Dixie thing against him. I'm not as concerned about the slots for DK as much as I am for Pokemon. I mean three isn't that big of a deal. But because Sakurai likes to finish something he starts (Remember Lucas and Melee) I can see Dixie hopping on in. I'll give him a 4 out of 5 because he is a villain, and a cool one at that. One that I like.

I nominate:

Link x5 (Let's just get this done with)

and Caeda, Genosect, Lyn, Captain Syrup, and Geno.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
where did that come from......please give me any evidence that he was cut for this reason...his files were in game but there's no actual statement from Sakurai....
Isn't that evidence enough? Of course Sakurai won't comment on it. :p

Just like Yuji Naka used to not comment on Hidden Palace from Sonic 2 being in the Sonic 2 beta, but never seeing light of day in the full game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo - 50%
King K. Rool - 60%

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@Alien Vision: I always lurk around the Creative Minds room, and I'll be taking part of that prompt, if you want I would be happy to critique on your stuff :D
There is a blog I have up. ''Imperfection - Perfection''. I would like to hear your input. ^^It would be very much appreciated.

@ SSBF - Veterans: Ganondorf - Lord of Darkness x Infinity (x5)
New Comers: Dr.Eggman. K Krool. Megaman. Rayman. Ridley.

I really don't have any other ideas right now for those on deck. .-.

/Tickettoaneasylife

D

Deleted member

Not to be redundant, but I would highly suggest stating your nominations every day so that I don't have to look back to previous posts just to count them. It'll make my life easier and waste less time. Thanks.

Also, nominate x5 for Link. Best to get the boring, obvious veterans out first and get to the most hotly debated ones later IMO. I also predict 26.17% for Roy.

@xIblisx: Toad and Roy can't be nominated anymore, they will be up for rating on the next day. BTW, that means you have four veteran nominations and two newcomer nominations left. You can choose whenever or not to use them or to add nominations into some of them.
Alien Vision said:
King K. Krool (100%) (Deserving) Do I really have to state the obvious?
He's certainly deserving and I will keep your likeliness vote, although I don't think King K. Rool is a shoe-in like Little Mac. Also, you have two more nominations left for vets and one for another newcomer since King K. Rool and Mewtwo are up.
TBone06 said:

If a character is being rated, he will not receive anymore nominations, neither candidates that are on deck {Roy, Toad}. You can, however, predict the overall rating of the next day candidates.
OmegaXVII said:
One question, what does this have to do with what we are rating? I'm a bit confused over it.:/
Starting today, characters that are on deck (Meaning next day candidate), you can predict the likelihood of those characters being in the game. This only applies to a character if they fulfill one of these requirements:

1. If they are a potential newcomer (Toad)
2. If they have been a cut Melee veteran (Roy)
3. A brawl vet who's inclusion is not widely considered sure-fire (Lucario, Ike)

That means vets that are obviously going to be in the next game according to almost everyone (Luigi, Peach, Link) will not be rated, although they will be rated as normal. The person who predict the rating closest to the overall average will have ten nominations the next day for both vets and newcomers.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Thanks Smash, I'll remember that. Cool thread dude, I love these types of things. I'll make sure to keep up with this one

D

Deleted member

Thanks Smash, I'll remember that. Cool thread dude, I love these types of things. I'll make sure to keep up with this one
Thanks, glad to see that you enjoy it. I'll be keeping this thread up every day, thought as you can tell, it'll be kind of difficult, but oh well, as long as people are having fun.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Thanks, glad to see that you enjoy it. I'll be keeping this thread up every day, thought as you can tell, it'll be kind of difficult, but oh well, as long as people are having fun.
I could assist keeping it up. Lol. It's not like people post 50 blogs a day though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oops I forgot about K.Rool (the image didn't show up for me at first)

I don't know how much say I got in this since I never played Donkey Kong Country (enough to reach him).

But... if the guy's been in the 3 Snes games, and in the N64 game.
I imagine he also played a vital role in the Donkey Kong Land (port?) games.

Then that's like 7 games where the same villain is used... I say that's pretty darn important.

I'd give him a 70% Because he IS important... or was. I don't know my Donkey Kong, but did he appear in the last games, Jungle Climber and DKC:R?

He's got good chance, but the fact that they're forgetting him gives me a bad vibe.

OmegaXXII

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
Starting today, characters that are on deck (Meaning next day candidate), you can predict the likelihood of those characters being in the game. This only applies to a character if they fulfill one of these requirements:

1. If they are a potential newcomer (Toad)
2. If they have been a cut Melee veteran (Roy)
3. A brawl vet who's inclusion is not widely considered sure-fire (Lucario, Ike)

That means vets that are obviously going to be in the next game according to almost everyone (Luigi, Peach, Link) will not be rated, although they will be rated as normal. The person who predict the rating closest to the overall average will have ten nominations the next day for both vets and newcomers.
How do you know a character is on-board for next day nominations?

Roy's chances are 22.99% unlikely
Toad's chances are 75.99% considerable

@Alien Vision: I'll be happy to read it and criticize it. Don't expect mercy lol

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I actually considered starting a thread like this, but I didn't think anyone else would pay attention. Oh well.

King K. Rool- 70%.
FOR
-Primary antagonist of his series.
-Due to his split personality, he has a lot of moveset potential.
-Highly requested.
AGAINST
-Files for Dixie Kong were found in Brawl, giving her a chance as the third DK rep.
-Did not appear in DKCR.

Mewtwo- 30%
FOR
-Formerly appeared in Melee with a unique moveset, unlike the other cut characters.
-Popular among Pokefans.
-Files for it were found in Brawl.
AGAINST
-Was cut in the first place.
-No longer relevant.
-Numerous other more likely Pokemon reps (Zoroark, Vicinti, Genesect).
-Always fared poorly in competitive play.

Nominations
Newcomers: Ridley [x2], Bowser Jr., Caeda, Black Mage
Veterans: Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Lucas, Ness

Correct me if I did something wrong.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol that's 0.001% chances to happen -.- it's like monarchy...
Well Mewtwo was cut due to time limits. There was never the intention of him being replaced. So Sakurai MIGHT make up for that in this game.

Lucario was in for popularity at the time I think. But like they mentioned, by the time SSB4 is halfway done, we'll probably be at generation 6 pokemon.

This is just a theory. Not my real sentiments on the matter.
where did that come from......please give me any evidence that he was cut for this reason...his files were in game but there's no actual statement from Sakurai....

Don't bring this crap in this thread :glare:

We've went over this so many times in the SSB4 thread, just because it's a different thread means you can forget stuff. Mewtwo was cut due to time restraints, he had dummy files showing his moveset and other things fighters had. Now please stfu about Mewtwo and just vote like the OP says.

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. chances are 85% probable
Was that a prediction for the overall rating averaged up by other characters prediction or a analysis from you? Either way, Bowser Jr. cannot be rated yet. The only ones that can be rated in likeliness now are Mewtwo and King K. Rool and the only one you can predict the overall rating that people give are Roy and Toad, people who are on deck. Bowser Jr. has neither right now, so he cannot be rated.

Nominations
Newcomers: Ridley [x2], Bowser Jr., Caeda, Ganondorf with a redone moveset (I think that would count as a newcomer)
Veterans: Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Lucas, Ness

Correct me if I did something wrong.
Ganondorf counts as an veteran, regardless of whenever or not get gets a new move set. Pick someone else.

OmegaXXII

People, this thread should be kept for solely for "Rate Your Chances".

If you guys want to discuss character inclusions take it to the SSB4 thread. :/

D

Deleted member

Alien Vision said:
@ SSBF - Veterans: Ganondorf - Lord of Darkness x Infinity (x5)
New Comers: Dr.Eggman. K Krool. Megaman. Rayman. Ridley.
Is this for today's nomination? If so, remove King K. Rool because he is being rated and pick someone else.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
The only ones that can be rated in likeliness now are Mewtwo and King K. Rool and the only one you can predict the overall rating that people give are Roy and Toad, people who are on deck.
I lost the point where you mentioned ''on deck'' characters. Where do you see the on deck characters? All I see is MewTwo and K. Krool. .-.

Anyways:

Roy (0%) (ACCESS DENIED) Seriously. Way too much competition.

Toad (50%) (Probable) He can have his own moveset. I just don't see where the fanbase for this little guy is. I don't really see him as a fighter in the first place. He is going to be another bashful character like Luigi; if anything.

Is this for today's nomination? If so, remove King K. Rool because he is being rated and pick someone else.
Then.. Give another +1 to Ridley

Top Bottom