• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Was that a prediction for the overall rating averaged up by other characters prediction or a analysis from you? Either way, Bowser Jr. cannot be rated yet. The only ones that can be rated in likeliness now are Mewtwo and King K. Rool and the only one you can predict the overall rating that people give are Roy and Toad, people who are on deck. Bowser Jr. has neither right now, so he cannot be rated
I edited my previous post, also I have to ask: How did you determine that Roy and Toad are "on deck"? It's bothering me as of now, please clarify...

Wait do you want to be SSBF's Bouncer with me Omega?
Yes, but you got to tell me what to do.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I lost the point where you mentioned ''on deck'' characters. Where do you see the on deck characters? All I see is MewTwo and K. Krool. .-.

Anyways:

Roy (0%) (ACCESS DENIED) Seriously. Way to much competition.

Toad (50%) (Probable) He can have his own moveset. I just don't see where the fanbase for this little guy is. I don't really see him as a fighter in the first place. He is going to be another bashful character like Luigi; if anything.
- Look at the OP and open the Candidates collapse box. The On-Deck characters are ones that receive the second most nominations yesterday (Or as of today, the one who gets the most) and you can predict the overall score of it.

Also, make predictions for the overall rating a character gets, not predict how likely you think the characters are.

People, this thread should be kept for solely for "Rate Your Chances".

If you guys want to discuss character inclusions take it to the SSB4 thread. :/

I said in the rules that debating was encouraged, although fighting is prohibited. However, rating, nominating, and predict characters overall score should be it's main point.
How do you know a character is on-board for next day nominations?

Roy's chances are 22.99% unlikely
Toad's chances are 75.99% considerable

@Alien Vision: I'll be happy to read it and criticize it. Don't expect mercy lol

Yesterday, in their respective category, Roy and Toad received the second most nominations. They will be rated on Day Three. Starting today, the character with the most nomination will be on Deck. You can't rate the likelihood of the character, but you can predict the overall score it gets next day.

OmegaXXII

Yesterday, in their respective category, Roy and Toad received the second most nominations. They will be rated on Day Three. Starting today, the character with the most nomination will be on Deck. You can't rate the likelihood of the character, but you can predict the overall score it gets next day.
Okay, so basically the runner-ups are considered "on-deck" for next day nominations, right? Okay I think I have this all figured out :/

D

Deleted member

Phew, well that took awhile. Hopefully I did NOT make any error. Anyway, glad to see that people are enjoying this thread.
OmegaXVII said:
Okay, so basically the runner-ups are considered "on-deck" for next day nominations, right? Okay I think I have this all figured out :/
No problem. If there's something that still confuses you, I'll try to explain the best I can.
shinhed-echi said:
-Pokemon Trainer
-Roy
-Young Link
-Sonic
Roy does not count. He is on-deck, meaning he will be rated on Day Three. The rest do count, thought.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
NO. No you don't. LIES! What about the score! It's sacred! What is the almighty score! SSBF enlighten the less fortunate! We must know what this score is! *Gasp*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mewtwo - 50%: He has a good chance to return as there is a voice for him to return. But do to Pokémon characters unique situation there is no telling what will happen.

King K. Rool - 35%: He is popular, but not very relevant. He is also hurt by the fact that in Japan they don't see every K. Rool as the same, but brothers.

Nominations:

Saki Amamiya
Slime (of course)

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Mewtwo - 50%: He has a good chance to return as there is a voice for him to return. But do to Pokémon characters unique situation there is no telling what will happen.
IMO, 50% is not good, but mediocre, but that's just me.
Starphoenix said:
King K. Rool - 35%: He is popular, but not very relevant. He is also hurt by the fact that in Japan they don't see every K. Rool as the same, but brothers.
Agree with the first sentence (To a lesser extend on relevancy), but I have no idea how the latter hurts him.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Hey SSBF, do you need someone to through together some banners or matchup pictures? It's no trouble if you'd like me to make some. :)

D

Deleted member

Hey SSBF, do you need someone to through together some banners or matchup pictures? It's no trouble if you'd like me to make some. :)
I don't mind if you make them or not, although if you do go ahead, only make a banner saying "Rate Their Chances".

So, is anyone interested inhaving ten nominations for both newcomers and veterans on Day Four? You can predict the overall score Roy and Toad gets tomorrow.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Phew, well that took awhile. Hopefully I did make any error. Anyway, glad to see that people are enjoying this thread.No problem. If there's something that still confuses you, I'll try to explain the best I can.Roy does not count. He is on-deck, meaning he's Day Three nomination. The rest do count, thought.
Did you look at my Newcomer nominees?

D

Deleted member

Did you look at my Newcomer nominees?
Yes I did. I have added your Saki, Alice, Duck Hunt Dog, and Mike Jones nominations. You can use the fifth nomination to add to either one of those four or someone else.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that Toad will bring in a 71% while Roy brings in a 29%.

*Licks lips* Oh what I could do with ten nominations... I could... nominate someone sooo good.

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo - 50%. I'd say his chances are defiantly shakey. As for my opinion, I'll give him a 3.

King K - 35%. I know that Ganon wasn't in Majora's Mask, yet still made it into Melee (barely). But OoT was released slightly before MM. The same can't be said for King K, who missed out on the most recent DK title, and he hasn't been in one since Jungle Climber. For a t,hird DK rep, Dixie does have her forbidden 7 data. I'd like to see King K in Smash, so my opinion gets him a 4.

Nominate:
Peach x2
Ike x2
Meta Knight x1

Palutena x2
Takamaru x2
Diskun x1

D

Deleted member

For Mewtwo, I would say he has a 60% chance of getting in. It's not especially great, but he was intended to be in Brawl, and on of the Melee requests list, he's tied with James Bond as the most wanted character who didn't appear in Brawl.

King K. Rool is pretty much the same, 60%. He hasn't had a major video game appearance since Donkey Kong 64, which was more than a decade ago. That being said, he has in appeared in a number of spin-offs, his franchise was revived not too long ago, and he has a decent amount of popularity.

D

Deleted member

Lol, what do you mean by gaining ten(10) nominations? Extra choices from the ones I already nominated?

I mean that if you were the closest to predicting the next day candidates score, after the overall score is revealed, you will gain up to ten more nominations, which leaves you with twenty nominations overall. Ten of them are for vets and ten for newcomers. Also note that you may also end up winning only one of the nominations, so for example, if you won on vets but not newbies, you will end up with ten nominations for vets after the scores for the On Deck candidates are revealed but will still only have five newcomers nominations.

You will be able to either add on to your nominations and/or pick more characters you want to see rated.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Mewtwo: 37%

I admit he had the most of the best character development in PKMN series, but it's kinda hard for me picturing him appearing since Game Freak didn't use him anymore much these days.

To me he's Neutral.(2)

King K.Rool: 69%

He has lots of moveset potential, is one of the major characters in DK-series and would fit very well with the rest of the villains in SSB.

But he hasn't been much used these days... why he wasn't in DKCR? Instead he was in Super Mario Sluggers?

To me he's Wanted. (4)
Nominations

Newcomers:
3x Starfy
1x Saki
1x Lip

Veterans:
x3 PKMN Trainer Red (Squirtle!)
x2 Diddy Kong

D

Deleted member

Young Horsetail said:
To me he's Neutral.(2)
Kind of contradictory. Neutral is three, Unwanted is two. Which is it (I will put it as a three unless I get an answer)?

OmegaXXII

I mean that if you were the closest to predicting the next day candidates score, after the overall score is revealed, you will gain up to ten more nominations, which leaves you with twenty nominations overall. Ten of them are for vets and ten for newcomers. Also note that you may also end up winning only one of the nominations, so for example, if you won on vets but not newbies, you will end up with ten nominations for vets after the scores for the On Deck candidates are revealed but will still only have five newcomers nominations.

You will be able to either add on to your nominations and/or pick more characters you want to see rated.
Okay, so did my percentages count as a prediction for the on-deck characters (Roy and Toad)?

D

Deleted member

Okay, so did my percentages count as a prediction for the on-deck characters (Roy and Toad)?

If you mean in terms of the overall score they get, then they do count. As for your opinion on their likelihood, no it does not.

OmegaXXII

If you mean in terms of the overall score they get, then they do count. As for your opinion on their likelihood, no it does not.
Oh okay, so predicting the right overall score of everyone's vote will get you extra nominations slots for the day, right?

Okay seems easy enough, knowing everybody. :V

D

Deleted member

@shinhed-echi: King K. Rool appeared in Donkey Kong: Jungle Climbers as the main villain, but made no appearances in Donkey Kong Country Returns.
Oh okay, so predicting the right overall score of everyone's vote will get you extra nominations slots for the day, right?

Okay seems easy enough, knowing everybody. :V

Soooo, what are your predictions for Roy's and Toad's score?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I forgot to nominate Layton 5 times. Just mark me down for that every time until he is polled. Are we polling for Roy/Toad yet?

D

Deleted member

I forgot to nominate Layton 5 times. Just mark me down for that every time until he is polled. Are we polling for Roy/Toad yet?

No we are not polling for Roy/Toad yet. Polling does not start for them until 8:30 PM CST (Polling for King K. Rool and Mewtwo ends at 7:50 PM CST to set up the third round).

As I've said before, for Roy, I predict 26.17% for him. For Toad, I predict the overall score to be 71.22%.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I'm still curious as to why your passion for this cannot be challenged by anyone. I respect that.

finalark

SNORLAX
Are we still guessing for King K. Rool and Mewtwo? Because if we are:

King K Rool - 51% (Wii U seems to be geared towards a western audience, and KKR was the antagonist of the western developed and western beloved Donkey Kong Country series)

Mewtwo - 31% (The only people who want him back that I know of are gen 1 *****s)

OmegaXXII

King K Rool - 51% (Wii U seems to be geared towards a western audience, and KKR was the antagonist of the western developed and western beloved Donkey Kong Country series)

Mewtwo - 31% (The only people who want him back that I know of are gen 1 *****s)
Yes we are, in concludes tonight at 7:30EST, I think.

And yea.... Mewtwo FTW!!!

D

Deleted member

I'm still curious as to why your passion for this cannot be challenged by anyone. I respect that.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this question. Could you re-phrase it and explain it a little better?

Yes we are. Your vote count.

D

Deleted member

Your devotion for running this thread. I respect it.
It's because I loved participating in a similar event over predicting characters at GameFAQs and tons of people enjoy it. I decided bring it to here because I'm sure that people will enjoy giving their thoughts on how likely they think a character is and expressing how much they want the character they're rating, not to mention they get a voice on who they want to rate and predict the overall score a character get the next day. I also want this to be a place where newcomers to discussing SSB4 characters can look at this thread and learn a few things about a character's chances.

So, are you interested in being part of the Super Smash Bros. 4 discussions threads? One is about the 3DS, another is about the Wii-U.

Top Bottom