• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List (Updated 1-5-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
If someone could master the Link bomb jump technique where he throws it up in the air and up's into it and DI's properly he should be moved higher. Other than that I think the list looks about right.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Bomb jump with Link isn't that hard, its just stage dependant. At least it is for me. On stages where you don't have to fall very far to die it is hard to pull a bomb in time. On stages like FD and Dreamland though its not too tough.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
young link should DEFINITELY be higher, after i watched hookshot frenzy. dayum.....

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
the only problem with jiggz is vertical recovery, and that is still pretty good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
woah, Chozen has 1337 posts!

God tier for jiggz *cough* and Ness *cough* ;/

Peaches

Smash Lord
So, this list doesn't take into account how easy it is to kill a character does it? Because Jiggs dies below 100% quite easily and Mewtwo isn't much better. Meanwhile Samus and Peach never die.

If survivability isn't taken into account (which I think it should a little bit).

However, since it's likely been debated already and this list is based only on who can make it back from further away. Then, yeah. Jiggs and Mewtwo on top for sure.

Personally , I think Marth should be bumped up a few spots His floatiness plus teh dancing balde make for great horizontal recovery, however he almost requires his recovery to be sweet spotted, so it's close enough. But I still think he should be bumped a slot or two. Also, should we have single Ice Climber on there, because you have to recover with a single Ice Climber a lot. I'd estimate a solo Ice Climber to be on top of bottom tier.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i guess the reason Samus isnt so high is because no really dependable sweetspot methods. Mew2's got the ^B for speetspotting....

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol. yeah.

Characters that can dependably sweet spot:

Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Mewtwo
Pika
Pichu
fox
Falco
Ness :)
??

arrowhead

Smash Ace
If by pretty good vertically you mean only bested by 1 highly stage dependant recovery method then yeah. Otherwise, Jiggs has the greatest vertical recovery distance as well.
what's the highly stage dependent recovery? and doesn't ICs tie jiggs in vertical recovery?

popo can sweetspot

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yes, it it horrible, yes, it is useless, but it's good for comparison, and a good reason that mewtwo should be moved up the tier list.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
what's the highly stage dependent recovery? and doesn't ICs tie jiggs in vertical recovery?
Mewtwo, Kirby, Jiggly and the IC's are all very close in vertical recovery - I think Mewtwo goes a teensy bit higher than any of them (remember to add bair at the end of his second jump), but the point is that Jigglypuff's vertical recovery can hardly be characterized a "weakness" in her recovery.

As a demonstration of Jigglypuff's recovering ability.......on Hyrule Temple, every character can perform the Hyrule Jump (though Falco only barely makes it). Only a very few characters, however, can do the jump backwards, starting on the bottom platform and reaching the upper right ledge. Mewtwo is one of them - with the extended double jump and perfectly spaced jumps, Mewtwo can just grab the edge.

Jigglypuff, on the other hand, can reach the edge and still have two jumps and an air dodge left (not to mention numerous Upward Pounds).

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I think we need to divide this list more. We need to divide it into Below Level recovery, Above level, Horizontal, Vertical ect... this way it will eliminate some of the confusion in my opinion but hey what do I know

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
that'd help, but then there'd be chaos and confusion in this thread. have you guys seen Mic_128's new sig?

Magus420

Smash Master
I forgot about Samus' on FoD for example where you can Airdodge->Grapple->Walljump->Jump->Up-B to get more distance than Jiggs. Peach has the most out of anyone on stages that are highly wallbombable like FoD and Fourside. Also, Mario has his up-b walljump glitch to get a lot of height on some stages.

Vertically, it's like this:

1) Jigglypuff
2-3) ICs > Mewtwo
4-5) Kirby > Pikachu
6-7) Fox > Pichu
8) Luigi
9) Sheik
10-11) Ness > G&W

The characters there with walljumps are usually able to get a bit more distance on a few stages.

This goes by the ledge grabbing boxes in AR for the peak height.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
YES. one of the worst. i think only zelda's is worse.

wait....
Magus420, what is that pic supposed to be of?

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Presumably the bottom blast line.

I'm surprised - Jigglypuff beats Mewtwo and the IC's by a decent amount. I guess it's another testament to the power of upward pound. I guess, if Jiggly was in a pickle, she could use her vertical recovery to fly all the way above the stage, where the enemy couldn't touch her, and then try to navigate down from there.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yes. It's from the blast line, and each character was doing everything to maximize the vertical distance they could travel with their jumps/whatever excluding walljumps since they can only be used to gain useful vertical distance on some stages.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Glad Pichu is moved up. Keep Samus where she is, M2 has better recovery.

Why is fox higher than link? Link's is much less predictable with bomb jump, hookshot, and a fairly good up b, and an infinite recovery glitch that not many people know about. Other members have provided vids of why link's recovery should be higher, so I won't post them again.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
ROY LAST? Are you ****in ****tin me? Are you out of you rmutha ****in mind? Roy owns this **** game, he never dies so he doesn't have to recover. You are stupid. This tier List is bul****. Whoever made up this should be shot on site, dumb ****ing *******. Roy pwns all your *****, *****es.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Congratulations, you just earned yourself an infraction. I'm not sure which one to give you, yet, because your post broke at least three rules. Oh, and you are a Texas guy meaning you post in the place I mod, meaning I get to watch you very closely for now on.

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it at all, this goes to all of you.

Also, anyone want to take over this recovery list? I can manipulate this thread so that one of you will get control of the thread meaning I can put you at the front of the thread rather than myself. I just don't have the patience anymore to deal with this list. :ohwell:

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ROY LAST? Are you ****in ****tin me? Are you out of you rmutha ****in mind? Roy owns this **** game, he never dies so he doesn't have to recover. You are stupid. This tier List is bul****. Whoever made up this should be shot on site, dumb ****ing *******. Roy pwns all your *****, *****es.

moderators excuse my friend he is obsessed with roy. and he's new

[edit] **** to late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom