• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List (Updated 1-5-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Ganondorf is suprisingly higher than i thought.
Why is he above Falcon?
Falcon has the better recovery of the two...doesn't he?
Falcon is heavier, has a longer range BDown. From my understanding that's what makes him lower than Ganon. While Ganon is lighter and quicker BDown recovery to the 2nd jump.

Makes sense to me.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
now, i can understand landing lag and all that stuff, but why is Roy the bottom tier? He's got a decent recovery, better then a handful of characters in my opinion.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think that staying power should be a factor in the list, cause who cares that mewtwo has a good recovery since he is so big and slow and light? Just and idea.

mcc

Smash Ace
staying power doesn't really have an effect on recovery. the judging starts when you're off the stage until you get back, so weight may play a very small role in case you get hit while trying to recover, but when that happens, you're usually dead anyways

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon should be way higher, i remember me and stripesorbars made a recovery tier list, we had him all the way up like in 4th because he survives just as well as samus does, even when being edgegaurded, and if samus can get edgegaurded fairly easily, all one person has to do is run off the ledge and hit a bomb and make it back to the stage, or use a move that can reach a bomb, it messes up her timing greatly and she can rarely make it back to the stage (FD is the exception, the bottom of the stage is freaking huge which greatly helps characters recovery, like fox)

you have fox, link, ICs, kirby, sheik, y. link, and zelda all above ganon, since when do they live as long as ganon, and all but the ICs and sheik are just as easy to edgegaurd as ganon, if not easier, and also, ganon has the lowest hit lag (time from being hit to being able to move again) in the game, anyone notice why it sometimes takes 6 shine spikes to kill him, and sometimes he'll still make it back if the fox didn't ledgehog (yes, i've been hit by 6 and still made it back), and also, his up b has the priority of a grab (don't argue this, it's a fact, you can hit him out of the grabbing range, just like a normal grab) so it can go through anything if possible, and if it does hit, he'll send the opponent away, sometiems into the stage for a stage spike, and he can use his up b again and make it back to the stage before the opponent recovers, and if the opponent stage techs, he's gonna get hit but most likely not down, most likely towards the stage (only falco and DK have shots at sending him down but both those spikes are meteors so he can cancel them), out of that entire list of characters you've listed above ganon, only ICs deserve to be higher

ICs recovery is great, the belay deals a lot of damage for an up b (something like 16), it has insane priority, and it's the best vertical recovery move in the game (distance wise), also their forward b, can go just has high vertically but the same distance horizontally (what i mean is however high the forward b can go, it can travel the same distance horizontally), and it has a higher chance of both ICs making it back, when alone, the up b is useless so it's up to the forward b, which may have about the same great vertical recovery of bowser's fotress, but it still has amazing horizontal recovery, more than almost every character in the game, and their air dodge is one of the best for recovering, and i'm pretty sure that fox and link are much easier to edgegaurd that the ICs, much much much easier

g&w should be right under ICs, his up b has almost as much priority as theirs and it goes only like 2 cm shorter than it does vertically, and he has GOD HANDS, yes the most annoying thing that doc, mario, ness, and g&w possess, they seem to be able grab from anywhere, and he's one of the hardest characters to edgegaurd in the game, harder than the ICs, out of all the characters above him, only sheik and DK are harder to edgegaurd

ness should be right under marth, he has much better recovery than anyone inbetween him and marth (besides g&w who should be much higher as i said above)

bottom, falcon should move to the top with mario under him then falco, doc, roy

sheik and kirby are way too high

kirby's recovery is took a big hit, he starts to fall before his jump in finished

sheik's recovery is pretty pathetic, zelda has better recovery than her, sheik has the worst horizontal recovery in the game, her jump is about as vertical as falco's and the ICs' jump, but her up b goes about as far zelda's 2nd jump horizontally, and vertically it's only average at most, and it can't ride the stage while everyone below her but zelda can, and she has a pretty pathetic ledge grab range, yes her up b stops any attack coming at her, but since most sheik's grab the ledge while recovering (since her on the stage lag is horrible, wow sheik and lag in the same sentence...that's not normal) so she's most likely gonna die

everyone else's placements are good

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
There. Someone agreed with me on where Ness should be. Near Yoshi, or as M4F said, under Marth. Will you bump him up now? Dont make me bring out my wall of text!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There. Someone agreed with me on where Ness should be. Near Yoshi, or as M4F said, under Marth. Will you bump him up now? Dont make me bring out my wall of text!
Why is Ness so low. The only people who can really give him trouble when he is recovering are Kirby and Jiggs, since they can eat his thunder, which with enough skill can be nullified.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
His recovery certainly is not the best, but should not be bottom.

Pros
Long range
Any direction
Easy and quick sweetspots
PKTB
Large sweetspot range
Priority
Invincibility
Unique sloping

Cons
Eaten thunder
Hard to aim
Takes time to use
Area of work needed
Land laggy

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
No the list should be

Jiggs
Samus
Mew2

High
Peach
Pichu
Pika
Ganon or Fox

Not having Peach in the top 4 is stupid and ignorant.
I disagree, M2's recovery is amazing and not stage dependant, this is false for samus. M2 can also recover high since his recovery is no where near as predictable as Samus's, with sam you always want to be near the edge when you recover.

Peach verus the chu's again they are better in more situations, yeah peach can recover from anywhere if she doesn't og off the side but this is also true for the chu's even if the are spiked if the recover before the hit the bottom they still have a high chance of getting to the edge of even back on the stage completely, they are also way harder to edge gaurd. if peach wants to sweet spot she has to move above the stage to do so, that isn't true for the chu's

With both pichu and M2 (I don't play pika much =/) instead of DI I need to tech attckas if I want to live through then at higher percents sice they are so light and floaty, this normally puts me in the bottom corners, but I can actually do this and still expect to return to the stage this isn't always true with peach or samus (which is gay... it should work with samus but I can never catch my bomb since I move so fast I keep momentum even after switching to bomb form... but thats not the point.) My point is the people around the top are pretty acurate. Peach has amazing recovery potential, the chu's are just better they offer more options in every situation. The same goes for samus and M2...

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh...yeah i'll make the changes that have been suggested soon. been busy lately and havent had the time to filter through every suggestion yet. expected a revised list soon.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Samus's recovery is godly, but it aint too hard to edgeguard her.

Zero34

Smash Lord
...who made this list?

is this made just based on how far you can recover or REALISTICALLY how good someone is getting back to the stage?

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
Why is Yoshi above Marth and Zelda below Sheik?

Anyways, this is what the bottom part of the list should look like.

Low Tier
--16. Marth
--17. Donkey Kong
--18. Game and Watch
--19. Luigi
--20. Mario
--21. Ness

Bottom Tier
--22. Bowser
--23. Falco
--24. Captain Falcon
--25. Doctor Mario (26)
--26. Roy (25)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yoshi!?! his recovery is pretty good. people think it's bad because they dont think yoshi has an AIRDODGE.

Zelda's recovery? LAGGY LAG.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Alright, thank you. That makes sense why roy is so far behind marth, after < b he falls a good distance, wheras marth does not.

I think weight should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom