• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in #2 Results

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I mean yeah that is true. He SDed a few times, and you just straight up outplayed in other games. There's always that chance you could SD too, weird stage glitches etc etc. No one can deny that. But I'm with you on the fact that if he stayed Snake the whole set or if MK was banned/whatever, you would have won (more than likely)

Except set 1 of GFs...using :falco: lmao.

Roller

Smash Legend
I would have beat blade if it wasn't for :metaknight:+:rainbowcruise: -__-
So +1 for what Tutu said.

I'll do shoutouts when I'm not in class.

Also, Apasher. I get the feeling you are simply missing the amount of work it actually takes to place highly and beat decent players. For instance I spent hours last week, HOURS just practicing picking up and throwing grenades in the middle of CGing snake. Just on that alone. Then I spent even more hours practicing cging. AND I attend/host 2-4 smashfests per week, during which I play vs multiple good players for hours at a time and gain valuable matchup experience.

This is not including the scrub players on my hall in my dorm who I play with after dinner for an hour or so every other night.

If you are not putting in effort close that, at least until you get decent. You are not going to be able to beat Tech, Tutu, Myself, etc.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I feel like you you think you should become good at brawl over night. Well let me tell you right now that **** doesn't. You actually have to sit down and put some time into the game and under stand its mechanics.

When I first started I felt the same way you did. All I wanted was to place better and become a better player. You need to keep your head up and one day it will pay off. Iv'e been playing this game competitive for a year and a half and I'm still terrible at this game.

tl;dr: quit your *****ing and actually practice if you want to become better.
This. I don't think some people realize just how much time other people put into the game. I'm not amazing at the game now or anything, but I started out absolutely terrible. And by spending time, I don't just mean playing the game. I think if you're just constantly playing all the time, you're going to get worse lmao. Messing around in training/against cpu, ANALYZING videos not just watching them, or just thinking about the situations that might come up in the game and how you can combat them with you character when you're bored all help. If you don't want to spend the time, that's perfectly fine, but then don't get upset when the results don't change.

/Annoyed that people are still crying about their results.

Roller

Smash Legend
I think Sparta's point about analyzing videos is also key. For instance, whenever I watch an ICs vid I pay very close attention to several things. First and most importantly. I look at what they did to achieve each grab. If they use a special setup I make note of it. I also watch how they deal with problem situations I often have. Such as what to do when MK is dair camping me->tornado. I watch when they use desynchs, and which ones seem to work best in given situations.

I have watched all Vinn.ie's recorded sets from Concentrate at least 5 times. Each time I take notes on what I see that works for him that I don't currently utilize, and what he gets punished for.

If you are not viewing videos in a similar way, you are doing it wrong.

In addition, when you play I get the feeling you are focusing almost entirely on your own character and what you are doing. When your focus should virtually always be on me. Because you are entering the inputs for your character, you know what it's doing at all times already (short of a trip) it's my habbits and what I'm punishing you for that you should be paying attention to.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We're supposed to pay attention to Brawl in order to be good at it?

Whoops.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Oh Apash. U should listen to these people for a change, then mabey u can gettet better.
If u say you suck, you suck
If u say ur good ur good
You are whatever you say you are. have some confidence for a change.

And **** olimar super armor...and olimar himself

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
You guys are all missing the point.

It's not that I'm not good, I'm actually not enjoying the game.

I'm sticking with Melee.

And Chris, I do listen to them, just not you. If you wan't me to listen to you, don't give me bad advice. It's that simple.

I was confident at this, but I was sick of getting outplaced.

:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
first you said its because you dont enjoy the game and then you said its cause you always get outplaced :confused:

anyways I dont watch vids but whenever I cant sleep I tend to theory craft and think of situations that happen in brawl matches and options I have in each situation. But of course you need a good amount of experience to know these situations in the first place

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
That's not the reason, I said that to clear things up so people won't think I wasn't confident at this.

But now, I don't really care about getting outplaced because I don't play Brawl anymore.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
That's not the reason, I said that to clear things up so people won't think I wasn't confident at this.

But now, I don't really care about getting outplaced because I don't play Brawl anymore.

Keep getting out placed in melee then. I assume you will say the same thing about that game when you aren't getting the results you think you deserve.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Keep getting out placed in melee then. I assume you will say the same thing about that game when you aren't getting the results you think you deserve.
Yet you still don't get that I quit Brawl because It's not fun to me anymore.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Apasher needs to go to BDubs. This tourney was my worse placement in over a year and I was decently salted. But after I went to Bdubs, I was the happiest Yoshi alive :o

zyth

Smash Lord
Why do I only see 3 MK in the top 10? step ur game up n00bz

I see an Olimar up there tho, hell yea

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh, assumptions of what other people are thinking is fun. Here's mine.

Anyone who publicly announces that he's quitting the game usually is more interested in making drama and arguing with other people about why he's actually quitting, than he is about the quitting part.

Once again you don't know anything about the brawl metagame, if you did you wouldn't be getting dead last in bracket.

stop being a thugz we already have one.

edit since ankoku just posted right before me I would like to make sure everyone understand my post was directed at apasher.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lol Michigan.
Agreed

I would have beat blade if it wasn't for :metaknight:+:rainbowcruise: -__-
Johnsville.

You don't even understand the metagame of brawl.

Don't repeat things you've heard other people say in an effort to sound smart, it doesn't work.
No, he's right, brawls metagame is incredibly gay, especially if you are playing against IC's.

Melee's metagame is incredibly gay too, though. Crouch Cancelling is the gayest thing ever, PERIOD.

:toonlink::drmario: Seriously people, be better than the rules set. If you don't like the rules, don't enter. Don't complain if you lose on a legal stage to a legal character.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Melee's metagame is incredibly gay too, though. Crouch Cancelling is the gayest thing ever, PERIOD.
From one CC-abusing main to a CC-abused main, I'm about to give you important advice on how to beat crouch-canceling with your character.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Lemme re-phrase: I don't enjoy Brawl because of the way the game is played, I enjoy melee a lot more because of the way the game is played. That's my opinion.

Stop getting me to come back to a game that I don't enjoy, please.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm supposed to grab people.....................................................

Edit: That match was super gay, but you can do that in both brawl and melee, though I would argue that the metagames of both games are very similar if you play safe/turtle.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I understand the metagame, I'm just bad at............ HOW THE **** DO I SAY IT?!

Now lemme re-state: assuming what other people think and judging them doesn't work.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
LMAO at this thread.

Lemme re-phrase: I don't enjoy Brawl because of the way the game is played, I enjoy melee a lot more because of the way the game is played. That's my opinion.

Stop getting me to come back to a game that I don't enjoy, please.

No one's trying to get you to come back (if you even left lmao), they're just trying to tell you you have no reason behind quitting besides "I'm bad.".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHfcafE9ig&feature=channel_video_title

Top Bottom