• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in #2 Results

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Tutu, do you want me to break it down for you?

I don't enjoy Brawl because:

1) It's boring imo

2) I have to revolve around camping at times

3) The game is based on luck

I don't find it fun to play. YOU'RE just jumping into conclusions. This has NOTHING to do with me being bad.

I probably should've said this from the start instead of using the word "metagame"

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
You're trying to go for guaranteed hits instead of reads from the videos I've seen. Never waiting and just trying to shove out as many commands as you can.... that... is not the metagame of Brawl.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wait, I'm actually interested now. You have to camp to win in Brawl? Have you tried and confirmed this, or is it an assumption that because what you've been doing hasn't worked, something everyone else complains about in Brawl must be the right way? Where's the luck in Brawl? Have you randomly lost to anyone? How about randomly taking a bo3 against any player who does decently?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Wait, I'm actually interested now. You have to camp to win in Brawl? Have you tried and confirmed this, or is it an assumption that because what you've been doing hasn't worked, something everyone else complains about in Brawl must be the right way?
Ok, so why do I see so many campy Brawl vids?

Where's the luck in Brawl? Have you randomly lost to anyone? How about randomly taking a bo3 against any player who does decently?
I don't know. I totally don't see people getting punished from random tripping, and getting killed due to a hazard from a stage. (In other words, ban Halberd, RC, Brinstar, PS2, and Frigate)

And SK, the whole "outplaced" thing has nothing to do with why I think brawl isn't fun to play. It's a completely seperate topic. I'm sick of pointing this out so many times.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Because you actually play any of those characters. Still giving pop culture examples. Boring.

yo don't listen to everyone else apasher, you know the metagame better than them. and you're justified in quitting since brawl is a terrible game

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Don't you kinda have to approach 24/7 with ICs in most top/high tier matchups anyways since everyone is camping the **** out of you. Why don't you ask roller about it, I'm sure he loves playing IC's the way MI plays Brawl.

Edit: Gio when are we gonna bro hug again? That was cute.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't watch Youtube videos at the moment, but based on the title and results thread I'm curious as to whether you can actually call yourself "playing" those characters. I'm also bewildered at "WTP (Snake)".

Maybe I'm being too vague in my message to you, so let me tell you straight up what you really ought to be doing - stop playing Brawl, don't insult the game on your way out, and start thinking for yourself.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Maybe I'm being too vague in my message to you, so let me tell you straight up what you really ought to be doing - stop playing Brawl, don't insult the game on your way out, and start thinking for yourself.
Funny how I was doing that from the start.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll append to the second part that singling out people by name is also not a great approach to actually quitting.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, you started off by saying "Brawl isn't fun any more" and then decided to go ahead and complain about LOE1 too, while you were at it. But you know what? I don't see why you had to go and say anything, especially considering you have so little confidence behind the "I don't have fun with it" reasoning that you started throwing up other reasons to try to defend yourself. Which, in the end, was unnecessary. What did you expect to gain by telling a bunch of Brawl players that you're quitting because it's not fun? If the answer is "nothing", then you really should've just left it at that - okay, you're quitting, so stop feeling like you need to justify yourself to everyone else. Especially when you start talking about things you don't have a full grasp of to do so.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Anyone who is truly quitting wouldn't make a post about it and then in attempt to justify his statement, argue with people over several pages in a thread. They'd just stop posting and leave it at that.

Can we like ...do some shoutouts or something. Let Apash have his episode..or quit for all I care. You can only be exposed to the same sob story so many times before you're completely desensitized to it.

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shoutouts to Tech Chase for tying up the frequency of Meta Knights in top 8 with the frequency of Ice Climbers.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Honestly, idk why people were against me. I was expecting "ok he doesn't have fun playing brawl anymore, thats his opinion" but you guys argued instead for some reason.

Let's just end this. Shoutouts later.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Becayse all you do is cry its kind of annoying and when people tried to help you you didn't listen you'd just cry about LOE1 I've been waiting for you to quit since you said **** the commmunity a while back. So bye those of us who play melee a little will beat you in that games bracket

Ill do shoutouts either tonight after work or tomorrow night was a fun tourney and it was nice meeting Rizk and seeing Yasu for the first time

ZTD | TECHnology

haha and you guys wonder why the brawl scene in MI is dying...
Because people like are too busy trolling and not doing anything to help? Honestly, stop posting.

And actually a lot of old faces and some new ones came to this event despite only 2 of our ranked players being there. We're not dead yet and I'm not letting it get to that point. Because at least I can say I actually give two ****s about our community.You're too busy trying to make it look like you have some point that dont actually have and never had to begin with.

One day...we'll have a normal tournament results thread without this bs.

ZTD | TECHnology

I should honestly just ignore you lol. Not because I dislike you ( I dont care enough to) but because your posts are a waste of time frankly.

Top Bottom