• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in #2 Results

i made a general statement about how MI treats its lower level players, and i get direct flaming in response.

i've been hosting smash at my place pretty regularly recently, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say. no i dont host tournaments, but i also avoid putting people down.

also i've sat down and played friendlies with apasher several times and given him the best advice i could. we as a scene never try to help each other get better. i feel like everyone is just trying to beat each other, and not improve the scene as a whole. i even came out to the last AA tournament and did so, even with a huge assignment the next day. so chill out, please.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pretty sure people started off by trying to help, and the response was "no the metagame is bad". He's better off staying with Melee.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
People were helping me, and i listened, then I started to not enjoy playing Brawl.

I'm better off staying with Melee.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Direct flaming is not what I did. I simply called you out because you see a bad situation and instead of doing something to resolve it, you troll. You always do that when its simply uncalled for. If I were going to flame you, you would know it. I mean that's great you're hosting Smashfests and stuff but your decorum on the boards still plays a role here. Like the new people who are reading this may have mixed feeling about attending another event if they see arguments like this.

You seem to think I'm angry or something. I'm not actually nor am I upset with you. However, if you keep doing what you're doing don't expect me to stay silent. That's simply the gist of my post.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I'm always on the fence with help the community get better and bigger and just quitting and when I see someone people have tried to help say he wants to go after crying a lot I say then let them go they came they tried their going home without a decent win in their name I'm not going to try to force someone to be a pot filler for the games life especially when I see higher ranking players crying all the time about one thing or another

Congrats to asph for choosing melee over brawl now stick to it so next tourney we won't hear you say how you don't like brawl.

I agree with the whole we don't try to help each other get better we just try to beat each other over the weekend I heard someone say there are other ways to deal with my char but I don't want to tell you...that's not helping the scene and then when you go oos you can get wrecked by the people who know what you won't share. And you won't know th right mixups to use because you've only practiced your starting gimik that gets you a kill

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This is a results thread right? So were are the shoutouts? I intended for this to be a results thread not a "I suck and have no will to get better so I'm going to blame Brawl's metagame for my lack of skill/urg to get better."

Apasher everyone here isn't against you. He want to help you get better and not give up. You feel like this is an attack towards you, when the only thing most of us are saying is that you need to WANT to gwt better. Your mentality is holding you back.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Ori, me being bad doesn't have to do with anything, it's the game itself that I'm not enjoying.

This is the last time I'm saying this, because people are already sick of me "*****ing" about Brawl.

And no, I will not constantly post repetitive "brawl sucks" posts.

ZTD | TECHnology

I did not record any pools matches. Only bracket. And thank God. I already have like 30 + to compress before I can put them on Youtube...lol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i made a general statement about how MI treats its lower level players, and i get direct flaming in response.

i've been hosting smash at my place pretty regularly recently, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say. no i dont host tournaments, but i also avoid putting people down.

also i've sat down and played friendlies with apasher several times and given him the best advice i could. we as a scene never try to help each other get better. i feel like everyone is just trying to beat each other, and not improve the scene as a whole. i even came out to the last AA tournament and did so, even with a huge assignment the next day. so chill out, please.
I respect this Gio character. Look out for your lower players, you will lose your scene. I lost mine to college and melee, not insults and mind games, though people wrecked the brawl community before I was able to get back to Omaha. Even though I'm a major troll, irl I'm like the nicest person ever to people, that's why Thugz loves me even though I make fun of him all day long on the boards.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I respect this Gio character. Look out for your lower players, you will lose your scene. I lost mine to college and melee, not insults and mind games, though people wrecked the brawl community before I was able to get back to Omaha. Even though I'm a major troll, irl I'm like the nicest person ever to people, that's why Thugz loves me even though I make fun of him all day long on the boards.
As far as I know, MI is fine with lower level players, as long as said players aren't the type to alternate between talking about being bad, talking about winning/losing in friendlies against people they play all the time, and talking about quitting.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'll stop this horrible excuse of a results thread and actually try to post some shoutouts if you dudes don't mind

:yeahboi:

1. Rayquaza ($90) - good **** on getting first place. **** you for going Snake on mah Falcon D:
2. Tutu ($45) - Your Sheik never stops amazing me. Your Zelda was kind of a surprise as well. Good stuff this tourney
3. Rizk ($27) - Miss more Usmashes bro. Good set though, wasn't quite aware of the Fox v. Wario match-up that much *johns*
4. Coco ($18) - good job getting top 4 without playing for so long.
5. Ori_bro - it's always cool to chill with you. Bdubz after tournies are always the best. Sorry we didn't get a chance to play much this time :(
5. Blade - ggs in brackets bro. your marth is good. for some reason i forgot mk was still legal this tourney XD
7. Tech_Chase - Good job in dubz. Carpool with you is always so much fun. Hopefully you'll let me know whenever you need a ride :)
7. Roller - It was nice meeting you. Thanks for the friendlies after the tourney and coming over to bdubz with us.
9. Xatic - scrubbbbbbbbtastic <3
9. A to the Z - didnt play
9. LOE1 the Legend - Falcon vs. Wario is a bad matchup for Wario. The sooner you realize how badly Wario gets ***** by bad characters you might drop him too.. at least for singles haha (jkjk <3 u tho)
9. DRDN - Carpool was once again fun with you. Didn't get to play much at the tourney itself but it's always fun just chatting with you
13. Wuvs - You sir, are probably one of the coolest kids I've met at a tourney. We need to chill more <3
13. Yasu - Nice Sonic bro. Bad luck on Brinstar D:
13. Apasher - didnt play
13. Eazy - didnt play
--Pool Cut Off--
17. Makoforce - didnt play
17. D.Mann - didnt play

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
1. Rayquaza ($90) - congrats on getting first and bringing that MK for people to cry over :012:

2. Tutu ($45) - good **** getting 2nd now play a better char :012:

3. Rizk ($27) - Nice tourney and fun friendlies your better in person and I'm coming for you next time when I've had some sleep /johns :)

4. Coco ($18) - lol at Rizk wanting to take you outside good stuff in the mario dittos I started off thinking I had it every game then you bring it back and win

5. Ori_bro - Cool Ori Bro good **** top 5 and running the tourney with Rizk we need to play more

5. Blade - didn't play

7. Tech_Chase - honestly I expected higher placing from you in singles but dubs was fun especially LOE1 and myself taking on the 2 PRd players lol

7. Roller - yeah I screwed myself by trying to pick your bad stage instead of my good one. Once you said you were staying I had to come up with something on the fly and it didn't work ggs though and next time just pick a number for the mms I never seem to care how much as long as more money = more playtime :)

9. Xatic - always good to see/talk/hang with you there needs to be more brawl tourneys so it can happen before you leave

9. A to the Z - didn't play

9. LOE1 the Legend - good **** we had to do like 3 sets in a row so I never got to talk in between but use my nanas more to set up for your attacks. And against sheik whoevers not facing her has to keep an eye out for her locks its a free hit on her and you save your partner from a lot of damage especially when shieks partner is very slow also congrats on winning the mm :)

9. DRDN - sleep so you can function better and just laugh at tutu/rollers jokes about stagees they can miss out on DRDNs World :)

13. Wuvs - calling me an old man huh, looks like I'm going to go herbert on your yoshi *** next time :)

13. Yasu - good seeing you for the first time sorry we didn't play I was kinda out of it for this tourney

13. Apasher -...have fun in melee

13. Eazy - it was fun playing you hope to see you around more

--Pool Cut Off--

17. Makoforce - didn't play

17. D.Mann -didn't play

Shoutouts to ducky for showing up to another tourney and not saying hi or playing me with that **** lucas

Shoutouts to the waitress at b dubs asking if I want another beer when I'm ready to go...I can't say no but if I need it gone I can always pass it off :)

I think MI is bad with it's newer players. The apasher thing is different though, people who don't listen are just a frustrating waste of time.

Every tournament people cheer against new players when they are playing a veteran. I try to go out of my way to cheer for new players, because like, everyone had a first tournament, it sucks being unknown, probably inexperienced as well, but like if someone had been cheering against me while I was losing to saucebauce or viper back at my first tournament, I would have been much less inclined to come back.

I'm also willing to try and help anyone who is actually trying to get better, but half the time i tell people what they were doing wrong they just don't listen. I'm a fan of helping, but I'm also not going to waste my time. Props to the people who actually listen.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!!!!

Lol I wanted to attend this tournament, but after seeing this results thread it might've been good that I didn't.

Anyways,

Ori, we gotta play sometime lol. I looked up vids of your marth and everything. I really wanna play you now xD. Marth and Snake are my worst mu's (Sheik too now Tutu....>_>) Good stuff, I'm making peach and marth secondaries maybe you can help me with the metagames :D.

Apasher, I'm not gonna tell you to not quit brawl and you're NOT bad. I've seen bad and you're far from it. But you the reason why you might be starting to not have fun with brawl now is because you're comparing it to melee and you've reached a peak. Same thing I did and although it makes melee seem a lot more fun, you'll soon realize that people camp a lot in melee too it's just they do it a lot faster ;) . You've learned the AT's and you see the difference in skill level. What you're missing is the mu experience and the technical skill. The metagame is a lot different in brawl, but saying that you don't understand it is definitely not true. The game does reward a more campy playing style, but (knowing this) punish it. If you know they camp a lot, bait it. If they have certain habits punish them. That's the main thing you're missing. Melee and brawl are two different games, I'd hate to see you quit either one. I play melee and brawl and even though melee is a lot more entertaining (I likez teh speed >:D) I still love brawl because it makes make think a lot harder. Stop playing it for a while and come back to it. The game is extremely interesting at high levels of competitive play. If you want help, I'll work with you regardless of your character, I've got a lot more patience than most ^_^.

Tutu: I learned a lot about the Sheik mu in the last few weeks. I'm gonna hit hard next time we play >:D. Also, be a little nicer in posts dude. No one can tell how you mean to say something, so blatant posts like "you don't like it cause you're bad" don't really convey a positive attitude. Tech Chase is right, MI brawl community isn't too strong, no need to lose another player. But good stuff placing 2nd, next time that'll be 3rd cause I'll be in 1st >:D.

Tech Chase, You must have one hell of a DDD because you place pretty high. We gotta place sometime :D

Roller, Where you at son?!?! Lol, good stuff dude. People are starting to learn that IC mu, I think it's time to change some stuff around. Also, where that MK come from?!?!?! Put that away and keep those ICs out >:D.

LOE1, time for you to take that plunge into the big leagues too. One big tip for Wario is that if you can minimize the amount of times you get grabbed to 0 for any character you will place so much higher. I used wario as my secondary back in the day (lol I sound old) and one thing I realized is that he is REALLY mobile in the air. You should almost never be on the ground, like a freaking gnat xD. I'll show you some metagame tips next time I see you. You have some real potential with that Wario ^_^.

Rizk, I've never seen a Fox place high in any tourney. Can't wait to see some match footage, you must be pretty good. Next Rizkin I'll be there ^_^

Rayquaza, Don't know who you are but good **** for beating tutu (lol nothing personal tutu :D). His sheik is uber hard for me to win against for some reason. Congrats on 1st, hopefully I get to play you sometime :D.

Everyone else, good job lol. Sorry I don't know most of you but congrats all the same ^_^.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I always said tutu was one of the best to face because he will explain why you lost every time only person better for facing then helping is lain
Lol too true. Lain explained to me my mistakes while kicking my *** xD

Too good, tutu will tell you after he kicks your *** >:D

ZTD | TECHnology

My eyes have melted after reading that Tech_Chase length super barrage of red text.

However...I respect what Zinoto said. Pretty insightful for a "new to the scene" player.

Also 7th place is bad lol But I appreciate your encouraging words. We'll have to play next time we're at the same tournament.

I'll do shoutouts tomorrow. Also a small portion of the vids will be up tomorrow as well.

Tutu: I learned a lot about the Sheik mu in the last few weeks. I'm gonna hit hard next time we play >:D. Also, be a little nicer in posts dude. No one can tell how you mean to say something, so blatant posts like "you don't like it cause you're bad" don't really convey a positive attitude. Tech Chase is right, MI brawl community isn't too strong, no need to lose another player. But good stuff placing 2nd, next time that'll be 3rd cause I'll be in 1st >:D.
2nd place was horrible at this.

I'm not good.

I don't go out of my way to sound nice to people if I'm not trying to be nice. I'm not trying to portray a positive attitude because I'm a negative person.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I think MI is bad with it's newer players. The apasher thing is different though, people who don't listen are just a frustrating waste of time.

Every tournament people cheer against new players when they are playing a veteran. I try to go out of my way to cheer for new players, because like, everyone had a first tournament, it sucks being unknown, probably inexperienced as well, but like if someone had been cheering against me while I was losing to saucebauce or viper back at my first tournament, I would have been much less inclined to come back.

I'm also willing to try and help anyone who is actually trying to get better, but half the time i tell people what they were doing wrong they just don't listen. I'm a fan of helping, but I'm also not going to waste my time. Props to the people who actually listen.
I respect this a lot. Half the reason jon and i didnt want to play anymore was for this exact reason. Glad to see there is a voice of reason. Hopefully everyone can see this the same way you do. Very wise.

apasher if you dont like the game then just quit lol. I dont see where theres even an argument.

1. Rayquaza ($90) -MK sum dumb. gz on getting first
2. Tutu ($45) - If all the people better than you stop going to tournament one day you may win one l0l
3. Rizk ($27) - Good job geting 3rd bro. It's always fun seeing you at a tournament. Also stop smoking.
4. Coco ($18) - Glad you made it back to a tournament for once, we def have to play on wifi more so that you can get caught back up.
5. Ori_bro - Good job getting 5th. Lights' music is bad.
5. Blade - I actually wanted to play you in friendlies you got a lot better from the last time I saw you. It's clear you've been putting in the effort. Hopefully we'll get to see more of you.
7. Tech_Chase - Sorry about doubles, I'm still not good at them. we play every tournament lol. I feel like you didn't give up against me this time with is a definite improvement from our last set.
7. Roller - rough tournament was rough, stupid stages are stupid, you'll get them next time though.
9. Xatic - It was great seeing you again, you're one of the more positive people in the community, me being mostly negative can respect that. See you and coco around thanksgiving.
9. A to the Z - Your D3 is so much better than it used to be, i know you said you've been mainly only playing smash 64 but its def rubbing off on your brawl ability. i think if you played brawl more you could easily be a top contender.
9. LOE1 the Legend - You don't shield. You should use your shield, its almost always a good option in any given situation.
9. DRDN - We only played that one mm but like I said, i was sleeping on your diddy you should keep practicing him, just stop doing it on skyworld.
13. Wuvs - You're another one of those really positive people thats just overall fun to be around. Thanks for the ride, can't wait for skynet. I think your yoshi is pretty good, hopefully we'el get to play more next time.
13. Yasu - I'm really glad you made it out to a tournament. i was really impressed by what I saw, it's just unfotunate that everyone in MI mains a character that beats sonic lmao. We seriously need to play on wifi some time.
13. Apasher -
13. Eazy - Good job making it out of pools dude, sorry i cant really play this week, but sometime we should do it again.
--Pool Cut Off--
17. Makoforce - It was cool that you made it out to a tournament, that Marth isn't bad, you just need more mu experience and you'll be doing just fine. Hopefully we'll get to see you again.
17. D.Mann - Too bad you had to leave early, i was hoping we might get a chance to play

That one super g outside of McDonalds- You sir, are an inspiration in my life now. hopefully you'll read this somehow but what I witnessed on that day, I will never forget.

WTP- Thanks for housing us the night before the Smashfest was pretty legit

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
MI isn't bad with low lvl players, I'm just annoying.

And wtf, I listen to advice, just not advice that doesn't help me like "use all moves" or "don't camp"

Roller

Smash Legend
EDIT: Bpow- I don't think so.. He was playing in the gameroom yesterday. Granted he is 0-4 in MI local brackets so far this season. Maybe he's feeling discouraged? Not sure.

1. Rayquaza ($90) - :metaknight::snake::yoshi2: Congrats on the win
2. Tutu ($45) - :sheilda::link2: You'll get 'em next time. Don't get discouraged! Once mk gets banned you'll ****. Good **** ****** ICs btw, clearly our practice has been paying off.
3. Rizk ($27) - :fox::pikachu2: Yoooooooo!!! You should have had top 2! Good job at this though. Don't beat yourself up. I made a mistake when I could have killed Coco last stock last game as well, that stuff happens. Just make sure to kick his *** next time! And good MM. Don't feel bad about that either, those matchups are just silly. VERY good job beating Tech and Ori's ICs tho. /impressed
4. Coco ($18) - :olimar: I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME! lol, good seeing you. fun times at bdubs and whatnot. Also. Beat rage next time. ;)
5. Ori_bro - :popo::metaknight::marth:- Solid placing! Once you start that skype chat I'll be sure to help you out with any mu's as ICs you need help with. Keep up the good work!
5. Blade - :marth: Gahhhh!!! I will get you next time, lol. Probably should have just used :pika: on rc, instead of a char I don't really use. =/ You did very well and impressed me. Show up to tourneys more!
7. Tech_Chase - :dedede::popo: Yooooo, we need to place higher next time. lol, fun games in pools. Good seeing you, as always. Let me know if you need any advice with ICs. =o
7. Roller - :popo::metaknight: Go pika on RC... Or ICs. Not mk.
9. Xatic - :falcon::wario::wolf: Great meeting you! Fun friendlies, and good times at bdubs. Come out to tourneys more often!
9. A to the Z - :dedede::wario: didn't get to play =/
9. LOE1 the Legend - :wario::diddy::zerosuitsamus: Good job in doubles! Also, nice jobvs your teammate in that mm.
9. DRDN - :kirby2::diddy: Have more faith in your mains. Don't go for the gimmicky CPs over the characters that you are most comfortable with. Fun MMs, your diddy actually impressed me quite a bit, despite me figuring it out in that last set. Keep working on it!
13. Wuvs - :yoshi2::rob: Yu should be placing in the top 10! Good seeing you, and playing the night before! Fun melee MM. :) Also good times at bdubs and thanks for driving me and tutu!
13. Yasu - :sonic::ness2: Yo. You are legit. Keep practicing. I see you starting to post in the MI thread, keep up with it, and make sure to ask for rides to tourneys. Hopefully you can make it to Apex with us!
13. Apasher - :metaknight: Gave you advice already, if you do wind up going solely into melee, then I wish you good luck. Most of the advice I gave still applies just as much to that game, so I encourage you to heed it and work hard.
13. Eazy - :metaknight: didn't play
--Pool Cut Off--
17. Makoforce - :marth: -You probably should have made it out of pools, sorry you got ****ed. =/
17. D.Mann - :metaknight: Brother of THE Mann. Respect.

WTP - Thanks for hosting the smashfest. Good times

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
^ Someone wants a piece of Ragequaza again....

:marth:

That's right Dan...I SEE YOU BRAH.

:bee:

lmaooo. Caught me. :embarrass:

Ori is the plan to have it on December 3rd like Roller suggested or what? That's only a month away, so I would get rizk to decide asap.

Xatic

Smash Lord
imo MI isn't bad with newer people. Most of the community from what I've seen are pretty welcoming to new comers (maybe that's just me)

However, I do see MI having a problem with people that complain alot. Therefore, just don't complain and just come out to have a good time. If you're not having a good time just stop coming and leave it at that. Nobody wants to hear someone complain.

LOE1

Smash Lord
well i guess i found my secondary for one
God i love diddy
and tutu i know i should have shielded more, and im never going diddy on battlefield again
hmm....dont get grabed when your wario....why have i never thought of this before?
I know Apash is saying he quit brawl, but i know he will be back
to ragequaze, choosing random was a horrible idea for me
TC, we will wario ditto next time, and you will know who is boss
Ori, screw that laggy *** TV, next mm, your mine
Wuvs, that yoshi vs diddy was really close. i thing you should have picked a bad stage for diddy and stayed yoshi, then it would have been closer than playing a character ur rusty with.
DRDN: good **** in teams, we can win next time, just never go metaknight again :)
Rizk, i really wanted to play you, i have never seen a pro fox like that. Mabey next time.
Coco, i really need to learn the olimar mu. i'll be practicing, be ready next time

Well thats it for me, next time, im taking at least 3rd, believe it TC

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Ok, enough drama and how 'bout some shoutouts?

1. Rayquaza ($90) - Good **** winning. GGs in bracket.

2. Tutu ($45) - Told you I was gon' get dat recording setup ;D

3. Rizk ($27) - Didn't play

4. Coco ($18) - Didn't play

5. Ori_bro - Good Marf dittos. I got so much Marf ditto exp from AiB ladder lol.

5. Blade - Didn't play

7. Tech_Chase - y u no go :dedede: against me?

7. Roller - Drill rush in the beginning of the match > get grabbed > ????? > PROFIT!

9. Xatic - Didn't play.

9. A to the Z - GGs

9. LOE1 the Legend - YOU ALMOST GOT KIRBYCIDED IN TEAMS LOLOLOLOLOL

9. DRDN - Fun teaming with you in Melee friendlies. I'm starting to like Melee teams :O

13. Wuvs - Nice seeing you.

13. Yasu - shonic too good

13. Apasher - Say that I will go :dedede: > go all :metaknight: > ?????? > PROFIT! stick to melee

13. Eazy - Good friendlies. Keep at it!

--Pool Cut Off--

17. Makoforce - Thanks for bringing Melee. I needed it.

17. D.Mann - Don't remember playing you.

Top Bottom