• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
you guys are so lame!

i'd be down for that ganonlink, though after this weekend it starts to get doubtful if university students would be going

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright, so I have 3 TVs usable for Smash purposes. I fixed the ratio of my DLP TV so that it's not grainy and pixelly anymore becaues it actually supports 4:3 & 480p formats without blowing the image up. So anyone that wants to rock out to a big-*** TV that's in my newly arranged room, feel free.

I need 2 more Wii's, but anyone that'd like to bring a TV/Wii set-up is more than welcome to. You guys know the drill by now with how much space I've got in my basement. And any newcomers are more then welcome. I'll confirm dates and times and make a more official looking post when I got more info rounded up.

I'm suspecting that 4 Wii set-ups is more then enough for Smash. So even if anyone wanted to bring just one more TV with a Wii, that'd be great.

Now if you guys'll excuse me, I've gotta unwind from work, pay mah bills and then start on PR discussions later. :cool:

Frio

Smash Champion
Everyone in uni will be doing final projects and maybe even studying for their first exams.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
I just watched GF from this tourney.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17460_the-6-biggest-****-moves-in-history-science.html
Read #5. The Military's Death and Paperwork Experiment
(I doubt you guys will)
"What was the point? To see how extreme stress affected a person's "cognitive ability," measured in this case as the ability to do paperwork."

Luke.. measured in this case as the ability to chaingrab with ICs.

I need to throw you in crashing plane and have you learn to do chaingrabs there, then hopefully you won't drop the grabs when your stressed. You had so many chances :/

P.S. I won't be able to make the 14th, I'd rather the 21st, I have a weekend long case competition on the weekend of the 14th. But up to you guys, If I miss it it's on me, all good.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I just watched GF from this tourney.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17460_the-6-biggest-****-moves-in-history-science.html
Read #5. The Military's Death and Paperwork Experiment
(I doubt you guys will)
"What was the point? To see how extreme stress affected a person's "cognitive ability," measured in this case as the ability to do paperwork."

Luke.. measured in this case as the ability to chaingrab with ICs.

I need to throw you in crashing plane and have you learn to do chaingrabs there, then hopefully you won't drop the grabs when your stressed. You had so many chances :/

P.S. I won't be able to make the 14th, I'd rather the 21st, I have a weekend long case competition on the weekend of the 14th. But up to you guys, If I miss it it's on me, all good.
Omg I know. I was getting mad lol. I 0-deathed alvin's snake in bracket too. It'll come though, just give me another tournament or two and I'll be 0-deathing everyone consistently.

And yeah, wait for Ash, unless more than 1 person can't make the 21st.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Just give me another tournament or two and I'll be 0-deathing nana consistently.

But really, only 9B can be consistent with ICs and you're not asian Luke!!

Also for GFs set 2 at 11:35 anyone else notice how the nade teleported into the stage? lol.

also i love tripping, why was everyone tripping so much vs you luke? must be an ICs thing.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am a controller kind of guy. Even stuff like the wiimote or touch screens turn me off a lot. It's cool, but it'd never replace a controller for me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Spruce Grove Zone HD Edition

Sorry for the delay in any news on the smashfest in Spruce Grove this weekend, but it's still on! Initially I was about to cancel it due to a staff meeting that woulda taken place at from 8 to 10. It's been postponed to the new year, so...rejoice!!

SPRUCE GROVE ZONE • HD EDITION

Date: Saturday, December 3rd, 2011
Address: 3 Marmot Avenue
Time: 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Events: Super Smash Bros. (Melee & Brawl), BlazBlue, whatever we decide to play (MARIO PARTY!! or whatever!)

--

If there's enough people, we may run a $1 tourney or whatever, and I'll finalize whatever's needed if it's for pizza or if we decide to go out to get something to eat from any of the local places. This event CAN run to Sunday if needed be, but I have to confirm my work schedule still for next week, hence why it's only for one day for now. I most likely don't work Sunday, but just in case? Yeah; more on this as I get my next week's schedule tomorrow.

I currently have 3 playable TVs suitable for Smash at our disposal, with only 1 Wii to go along with one of them. One more TV is fine, but if I can get at least 2 more Wiis for this party, that'd be great. Not expecting too many people for this, so that's why 4 at the most should be fine. We also have a big HDTV for any HD gaming we may do with BlazBlue or whatever else we decide to play.

These have always been a huge success every time I've hosted them, and I think it's long overdue! I may be keeping busy, but I really do wanna make as much time as I can for you guys. You're like a family outside my family, y'know? Total bros. I'll update this with more info after work tomorrow once I finalize my schedule to really put things into place.

--

As for the PR? I really haven't had too much of an opportunity to just brain PR stuff lately. I'm still on that status, but perhaps over this smashfest we can discuss it better and finalize it in person? Mike, I haven't neglected your post either! It's gonna happen! Retail + Holidays man. I'll john about that all Christmas long. XD

Brandon, out!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
double post for attention and UPDATE!

SPRUCE GROVE ZONE • HD EDITION

Date: Saturday, December 3rd, 2011
Address: 3 Marmot Avenue
Time: 3:00 PM to Sunday Afternoon
Events: Super Smash Bros. (Melee & Brawl), BlazBlue, whatever we decide to play (MARIO PARTY!! or whatever!)

--

Whether I have Sunday off or not, they haven't put up my new schedule yet. So? They can kiss my ***. WE'RE PULLING AN ALL NIGHTER! People are allowed to spend the night. I recommend a pillow and sleeping bag if you're planning on crashing. We have three usable couches and plenty of floor space in the basement. I'll supply the pop for this, and whatever we decide to do for food is up to you guys. Pizza, chip in $5 or whatever for your own personal ones at Little Ceasers or whatnot, but we can talk about that here.

Those staying overnight are expected to be outta here by Sunday afternoon. We can stay up for however long we want, and obviously be respectful and that shiz. But I trust ya guys.

For any information or questions on how to get here, leave me a PM for more info or give me a text/call at 780-242-0032.

Hype, guys!!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm here to remind Brandon that he still has a Blazblue tourney match that's supposedly due today.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I might be coming, not sure yet. Can't stay all night though I have work the next day.

Top Bottom